Is the CW cartoon canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
I mean, Mace Windu effortlessly soloed hundreds of thousands of super battle droids and leapt hundreds of feat into the air.

mattatom
Unfortunately, yes.

truejedi
what mattatom said.

Yoda picked up troop ships and smashes them together.

It was a tad.... overdone. But it is what it is.

Vorpal Ruin
You think Yoda, one of the strongest force users ever, smashing troop ships together is overdoing it? Have you read all the crazy force feats in the EU?

mattatom
There overdoing it for the children, no ones going to be impressed at that age of pushing one person back. Christ Maul did that in the PT. THey want to see big things which will make them "oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh" and "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". I asked my nephew why he liked it. ^_-

KingD19
Mace did that in the original Clone Wars cartoon, the one with 5 minute eps that was superbly drawn, had good acting and storyline.

Lord Lucien
Cartoons have acting?

Incanus
OMG I DIDNT KNOW THAT!!!!

But really, Yoda smashing some things ois belavable, but i forgot how big the ships were, so i have to watch my recording of the series(have it for reference) but yeah, would have been more belivable if it had just been an AAT tank beiong smashed into another.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
shouldn't this go in the SW tv forums?

...I'm not really fond of ahsoka actually being in CW - it gets me canon-confused.

Hewhoknowsall

So in other words, Mace Windu, Yoda and Grevious >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luke.

xxxpoppunker182
which CW cartoon are you talking about? the new CGI one or the old Cartoon network one.

And is anything from the Cartoon network one canon?

mattatom
The new one.

Incanus
Next season premires October 2

called Rise of the Bounty Hunters, promises to be stupid by focusing on Cad Bane and Aurra Sing

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I mean, Mace Windu effortlessly soloed hundreds of thousands of super battle droids and leapt hundreds of feat into the air.

Mace Windu kind of seems overpowered in the cartoon, but hey, whatever looks cool goes.

KingD19
The original cartoon was canon as well. Wait, I'm not even sure anymore.

Hewhoknowsall
If the original cartoon was canon, then Mace Windu should've been able to beat 10 Palpatines with his bare hands easily.

truejedi
INterestingly enough tho, we almost have to assume that Sidious was capable of the same things Mace did, since in the end, sidious was more powerful.

That's the problem, everyone else, that in other sources seem to be on the same level, or even close to the same level as mace, SHOULD BE able to do everything mace did.

Hewhoknowsall
If it's canon, then why were the jedi defeated in geonosis and only won thanks to the GAR? Mace Windu should've just gone alone and beat up all of the droids with his bare fists. I mean, he beat up more SUPER battle droids and a giant flying hammer thingy without a scratch, and yet he and 200 other jedi lose to less troops? Huh?

truejedi
PIS? one way or the other. But canon.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
PIS? one way or the other. But canon.

So then my NJO vs 501st is a spite against the 501st. Since Luke is probably stronger than Mace Windu, he could effortlessly kill the entire 501st...with his bare hands.

Sorry, I made a spite.

Ms.Marvel
you really have a one track mind dont you?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
you really have a one track mind dont you?

???

What's a "one track mind"?

truejedi
So then my NJO vs 501st is a spite against the 501st. Since Luke is probably stronger than Mace Windu, he could effortlessly kill the entire 501st...with his bare hands.

Sorry, I made a spite.

But that is ABC. we have to look at their specific feats, as opposed to saying: "A could probably do this, because B did."

If there is a disconnect, as there is in this case, we have to take it just as it is. We have to look at other ways of dealing with it: Such as, droids were weaker? Mace had gotten better since Geonossis, so the droids are weaker in comparison to the jedi than they were in Episode 2?

Admittedly, Episode 3, AND the SW cartoons make the droids look really bad, so there might be some backing to that theory.

SIDIOUS 66
If it's canon, then why were the jedi defeated in geonosis and only won thanks to the GAR? Mace Windu should've just gone alone and beat up all of the droids with his bare fists. I mean, he beat up more SUPER battle droids and a giant flying hammer thingy without a scratch, and yet he and 200 other jedi lose to less troops? Huh?

Maybe Windu had no choice but to go all out with the force on Dantooine. It was either that or die. If he used the force like that on Geonosis he could've harmed nearby jedi.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Maybe Windu had no choice but to go all out with the force on Dantooine. It was either that or die. If he used the force like that on Geonosis he could've harmed nearby jedi.

Then why bring other jedi with him? Why not just go alone, say "this party's over" and then Dooku says "brave, but foolish. You're impossibly outnumbered." And then Mace is like "I don't think so", waves his hands and they all die. Or at least pwns them all effortlessly.

Advent
Leland Chee has said that some of the Jedi abilities we see in the cartoon are exaggerated because of the target audience, which happen to be children. The stories themselves are canon, but something like Mace Windu being capable of jumping several miles is probably not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.