Marvel Novermber Preview Solicits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, there up now.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090818-marvel-nov-09-solicitations.html

Who the **** is Gillen and how the hell did he land writing Thor?

Frank Castle is apparently dead.

Molecule Man is back.

Norman seems to finally lose it. The cover is awesome. I can just imagine him running around as Spider-Man killing people.

tjcoady
Kieron Gillen wrote the phenomenal "Beta Ray Bill" mini that just came out, and wrote the unbelievably good "Phonogram" indie.

He got it because, well, the JMS run was exceptionally boring.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by tjcoady
Kieron Gillen wrote the phenomenal "Beta Ray Bill" mini that just came out, and wrote the unbelievably good "Phonogram" indie.

He got it because, well, the JMS run was exceptionally boring.

You call that phenomenal? It was incredibly predictable, had lack luster battles, and was in the end rather pointless really outside of Beta Ray Bill gaining a bride. It felt as if Marvel ran out of ideas and took the Bishop route albeit extremely short. It was meh. Stormbreaker was a lot better.

I can't comment on the indie comic as I have not read it.

Boring? JMS' run was excellent. Sure there wasn't a fight every issue, but there was enough to suffice and all the fight's were incrediblly written. But best of all were the epic, character-driven, stories. The problem was the delays and that farmer Billy (Like who gives a shit about him?). Outside of that it was pretty good. It's as if fighting = good comic.

As far as I am hearing, apparently it's supposed to be more action packed this new run. If all that's going to happen are battles, might as well, have Oeming do it. He'd be excellent in that regard. Hell, I'd even settle for Fraction. Who the hell is this Gillen dude? I don't think anyone's heard of him since the Beta Ray Bill mini. This guy better not **** it up or I'll personally hunt him down.

Well, it's just a matter of opinion in the end.

BruceSkywalker
some great buys

tjcoady
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You call that phenomenal? It was incredibly predictable, had lack luster battles, and was in the end rather pointless really outside of Beta Ray Bill gaining a bride. It felt as if Marvel ran out of ideas and took the Bishop route albeit extremely short. It was meh. Stormbreaker was a lot better.

I can't comment on the indie comic as I have not read it.

Boring? JMS' run was excellent. Sure there wasn't a fight every issue, but there was enough to suffice and all the fight's were incrediblly written. But best of all were the epic, character-driven, stories. The problem was the delays and that farmer Billy (Like who gives a shit about him?). Outside of that it was pretty good. It's as if fighting = good comic.

As far as I am hearing, apparently it's supposed to be more action packed this new run. If all that's going to happen are battles, might as well, have Oeming do it. He'd be excellent in that regard. Hell, I'd even settle for Fraction. Who the hell is this Gillen dude? I don't think anyone's heard of him since the Beta Ray Bill mini. This guy better not **** it up or I'll personally hunt him down.

Well, it's just a matter of opinion in the end.

Yeah, it is a taste thing. I understand why someone would like the current run, but it just doesn't suit me. If I'm reading Dostoevsky, then long, drawn-out conversations are wonderful. If I'm reading something that's only twenty-two pages, that I have to pay for every month, about a flying dude with a LIGHTENING HAMMER, then I kind of want things to happen- my favorite Thor writer of all time is Simonson, if that gives you an indication of the kind of Thor stories I like.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.