The BFG 9000

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great

Ridley_Prime
A weapon getting a respect thread? Err.. okay.

Contrary to popular belief though, it's not the strongest/most powerful weapon in the Doom series. The Soul Cube (Doom 3) and Soul Stone (Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil) easily surpass it, not to mention the Unmaker from Doom 64.

And I don't like how the BFG was portrayed in the movie, being only used like once and in a stupid way stick out tongue, but most of us know the movie sucked anyhow.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
A weapon getting a respect thread? Err.. okay.

Contrary to popular belief though, it's not the strongest/most powerful weapon in the Doom series. The Soul Cube (Doom 3) and Soul Stone (Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil) easily surpass it, not to mention the Unmaker from Doom 64.

And I don't like how the BFG was portrayed in the movie, being only used like once and in a stupid way stick out tongue, but most of us know the movie sucked anyhow.

So what's wrong with giving credit where it's due? I've also done respect threads on Silent Hill and the T-virus. The BFG is the granddaddy of powerful weapons.

And I agree with you on the movie. As much as I like Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), the movie could have been better if they actually followed the game's storyline.

Prior to the release of Doom 3 and the RoE, the BFG is the post powerful weapon.

Nemesis X
We can actually post respect threads for a weapon? If Screampaste learns of this, he'll be talking about the Master Sword for a week laughing out loud

Ridley_Prime
Ah, okay. I don't have any problems with this thread, so don't get me wrong. Just didn't know you could have respect threads for weapons, as I thought it only pertained to characters. >.>

But yeah, the BFG is pretty awesome. Not sure whether I like its effect/design better in the first two games or Doom 3. Both versions are pretty tight. Also look forward to a possible new version of it in Doom 4, whenever that's coming out. ermm

And were some saying earlier that Master Chief could survive a shot from this thing? I forget.

edit:
@ Nemesis: lol yeah. That's for sure.
This gives me an idea for some possible future threads as well.
Also, in before someone makes a thread for the Spartan Laser.

Snafu the Great
Ah, okay. I don't have any problems with this thread, so don't get me wrong. Just didn't know you could have respect threads for weapons, as I thought it only pertained to characters. >.>

But yeah, the BFG is pretty awesome. Not sure whether I like its effect/design better in the first two games or Doom 3. Both versions are pretty tight. Also look forward to a possible new version of it in Doom 4, whenever that's coming out. ermm

And were some saying earlier that Master Chief could survive a shot from this thing? I forget.

edit:
@ Nemesis: lol yeah. That's for sure.
This gives me an idea for some possible future threads as well.
Also, in before someone makes a thread for the Spartan Laser.

Some gamers tend to forget that if it wasn't for Wolfenstein (which came out WAY before Doom) and Doom itself, then we would not have Halo to begin with.

You gotta truly appreciate the classics in order to understand the new shit, IMO.

Darkstorm Zero
Truth

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. thumb up

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Some gamers tend to forget that if it wasn't for Wolfenstein (which came out WAY before Doom) and Doom itself, then we would not have Halo to begin with.

You gotta truly appreciate the classics in order to understand the new shit, IMO.

This speaks so much truth that I'm going to profile it.

Ridley_Prime
Is this one badass mother****ing gun or what?

HEOZm3nqvEk

Nemesis X
Good, bad, he's the Doomguy with the Big ******* Gun cool

Snafu the Great
Is this one badass mother****ing gun or what?

HEOZm3nqvEk

Holy crap. Doomguy just sent this joker into LEO. Wonder if he can do the same with Master Chief.

Snafu the Great
BFG 9000 came in third. Freakin' Gravity Gun from Half-Life came in first. At least Gametrailers recognises the awesomeness that is the BFG.

But G4 labeled it as No.1 in its top 10.

Ridley_Prime
Holy crap. Doomguy just sent this joker into LEO.
That was a Hell Knight. Quite a formidable demon, but even it is no match for the BFG. big grin

Also, I found this rather interesting.

9NLQUpwPEqA

And witness what the BFG can do on the last level of Final Doom (Nightmare mode).

IQWszjVr9rs

That's one hell of a level (no pun intended)...

BFG can also easily take out over 6000 Imps in a short time stick out tongue (skip to around the middle part).

T9Mh_CMEFl8

Gotta love them Doom hacks.

BFG 9000 came in third. Freakin' Gravity Gun from Half-Life came in first. At least Gametrailers recognises the awesomeness that is the BFG.

But G4 labeled it as No.1 in its top 10.
Nice... thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.