Vulcan vs Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peterlane
Who wins?

I think Vulcan wins 10/10 he can easily drain the power ring. What do you think?

Warlord
Hal is my fav DC character but Vulcan's energy manipulating abilities might beat him

Mshinu
Hal

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hal Jordan wins.

Originally posted by Peterlane
I think Vulcan wins 10/10 he can easily drain the power ring. What do you think?

Prove to me Vulcan can easily drain Hal Jordan's power ring.

Vulcan is going to win in a battle of wills with Hal Jordan and wrestle control over Oan energies? I doubt it.

-Pr-
Hal stomps so badly it's almost spite.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hal stomps

Mindset
Hal stomps so badly it's almost spite. Do you think Hal would easily stomp BB?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you think Hal would easily stomp BB?

No, but i don't consider the vulcan vs bb fight to be any ay indicative of either man's true levels.

also, i seriously doubt vulcan can drain the ring. he doesn't have the brains or the willpower.

Parmaniac
No, but i don't consider the vulcan vs bb fight to be any ay indicative of either man's true levels.

also, i seriously doubt vulcan can drain the ring. he doesn't have the brains or the willpower.

Do you really need willpower to DRAIN the ring? I mean it I would agree that he couldn't use the ring but draining seems to be possible but I'm not sure about this

Mindset

also, i seriously doubt vulcan can drain the ring. he doesn't have the brains or the willpower. How smart would he need to be?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Do you really need willpower to DRAIN the ring? I mean it I would agree that he couldn't use the ring but draining seems to be possible but I'm not sure about this

willpower would come down to it, as outside of having a cosmic rod like the one atrocitus had, or a manhunter type power battery, i don't see draining the ring as much of a possibility...

How smart would he need to be?

a few dozen IQ points should do it.

The Nuul
Whats next Vulcan vs Monarch?

Peterlane

Thats why he drained Adam Warlock dry right? Vulcan is too dumb too drain people..... :facepalm

Vulcan can easily control the light constructs.

KingD19
Yeah, I have to give this to Vulcan, he drained the most powerful Quantum Magic(whatever it's called) using guy in the universe. He's done some things that put at least manipulating the energy in an easy win. Draining is also a possibility.

xJLxKing
Hal rips him apart

Mindset
Vulcan reforms into godzirra~!

KingD19
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hal rips him apart

With his energy attacks???

-Pr-
Originally posted by Peterlane
Thats why he drained Adam Warlock dry right? Vulcan is too dumb too drain people..... :facepalm

Vulcan can easily control the light constructs.

adam warlock = a green lantern? no? didn't think so.

Mindset
adam warlock > gl

nicamarvin
adam warlock > gl Happy Dance

DarthZoom
I have to give this one to Vulcan, even if he can't drain the ring. I don't know what the constructs are going to be able to accomplish against him.

stormultt
Hal jordan stomps the whiny idiot

DarthZoom
Originally posted by stormultt
Hal jordan stomps the whiny idiot

I despise Marvel's version of Superbrat Prime too, but how does Hal beat him?

KingD19
adam warlock = a green lantern? no? didn't think so.

Recently Adam Warlock pulled together a breech in time and space that was extremely large(can't remember the measurement used, but it was in Guardians of the Universe) He used a spell that put together over 15 or 50 million single spells, and then he attached the breech to an unused timeline so that 616 could continue without imploding on itself.

Adam Warlock>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hal Jordan or any GL

batdude123
Originally posted by KingD19
Recently Adam Warlock pulled together a breech in time and space that was extremely large(can't remember the measurement used, but it was in Guardians of the Universe) He used a spell that put together over 15 or 50 million single spells, and then he attached the breech to an unused timeline so that 616 could continue without imploding on itself.

Adam Warlock>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hal Jordan or any GL

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/porters54/016-6.jpg

Slaanesh
Hal stomp

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Hal stomp

How? I think this is mostly Vulcan hate, which don't get me wrong I am happy to join in on. But how does a GL short of Ion beat him?

xJLxKing

What the f**k?

Naija boy
Hal jordan wins

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hal jordan wins
How?

The Nuul
Jordan stomps.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by DarthZoom
How? I think this is mostly Vulcan hate, which don't get me wrong I am happy to join in on. But how does a GL short of Ion beat him?

Vulcan can manipulate energy..that is his only power..Hal can manipulate energy too..and his ring can do much more than that..he's far more versatile..

KingD19
Vulcan can manipulate any energy, make force fields and constructs, absorb any energy, etc... Anything that has to do with energy, he can do it.

And I guess I'm the only one who saw that issue of Guardians. It turned out the unused future timeline was the one where Warlock became the Magus, which he then turned into and killed the green chick, Gamora I think her name was. (She probably healed though, since it was only a broken neck)

Slaanesh
Hal ring can do all that too..and much more..so what your point??

i have that issue of Guardians..what does that issue have to do anything with this fight??

KingD19
My point is, regardless of whether the ring can do that or not, Vulcan can absorb the energy almost instantly, and then use it against Hal.

The fight with Warlock showed that getting hit with unfamiliar energy only takes moments for him to adapt to it.

And what the issue has to do with this is the fact that Vulcan can nearly completely drain one of the most powerful being in the universe in a matter of seconds.

If he can't drain the ring, he can certainly keep GL from doing anything to him with the ring ENERGY.

Ouallada
Hal with an unflattering amount of ease.

Slaanesh
My point is, regardless of whether the ring can do that or not, Vulcan can absorb the energy almost instantly, and then use it against Hal.

The fight with Warlock showed that getting hit with unfamiliar energy only takes moments for him to adapt to it.

And what the issue has to do with this is the fact that Vulcan can nearly completely drain one of the most powerful being in the universe in a matter of seconds.

If he can't drain the ring, he can certainly keep GL from doing anything to him with the ring ENERGY.

u are thinking to highly of Adam..a holding back BB gave Vulcan a better fight than Adam did..he got f**ked up by BB scream..that's a form of energy too rite??i didn't see him absorb it..

Survivor19
C'Mon, Warlock wasn't powered by UCoT in their encounter...

DarthZoom
This is my point, I would love nothing more then to see Hal wipe the floor with Omega Brat. But I just don't see it happening. Ion could though.

The Pict
Hal. No contest.

Naija boy
How?

While i think jordan wins i dont think tis a stomp by any stretch of the imagination. Thats mostly vulcan hate imo. Vulcans energy manip powers will definitely cause jordan trouble(he was able to heavily restrict blackbilts output and wrest total control of Warlocks magic from him) but i think he will be able to eventually overcome them.

Warlord
too much vulcan hate in these threads...

DarthZoom
My question is even if Vulcan can't absorb the Green Lantern energy. How does Hal kill him? Omega Brat has withstood some pretty heavy power.

Warlord
Why wouldn't he be able to manipulate the ring's energies?
it has been done before and he seems to have no problems with any kind of energy

-Pr-

not. the. point.

the same way the x-men or gladiator did.

Warlord

gladiator's attack weren't energy based though

Slaanesh
BB scream was..and it messed him up..

Warlord
I don't consider sound as a form of energy

The Nuul
It would have kinetic energy, take away that it and the destructive force is decreased or gone.

Warlord
I don't know... Of course the sound moves but the sound itself is not considered a type of energy. Anyway he didn't tried to manipulate it (possible PIS)

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Warlord
I don't consider sound as a form of energy

Double fail.

1. Sound IS a form of energy.
2. BB's scream has nothing to do with sound. When he talks/screams he messes up the electrons that the matter around him is made up of.

If you want to post on a "comic book" forum you should stop getting your information from cartoons from the 90's and start reading comics mate.

Warlord
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Double fail.

2. BB's scream has nothing to do with sound. When he talks/screams he messes up the electrons that the matter around him is made up of.

If you want to post on a "comic book" forum you should stop getting your information from cartoons from the 90's and start reading comics mate.

chill dude...

everyone is allowed to make mistakes unless u decide who can or cannot post.

and I do try to base my answers in comics.

Mindset
Black Bolt was in a cartoon?

Warlord
He appeared in X-Men animated series.

KingD19
After BB hit him with the scream Vulcan said he was capable of using energy to reconstitute himself, and in the next issue he'll more than likely do just that.

Survivor19
What next issue?

~The Wickerman~
chill dude...

everyone is allowed to make mistakes unless u decide who can or cannot post.

and I do try to base my answers in comics.

Yeah, my bad I went a bit overboard.

KingD19
Whatever next issue Vulcan is in.

batdude123
Vulcan can manipulate any energy, make force fields and constructs, absorb any energy, etc... Anything that has to do with energy, he can do it.

So he has something in common with Hal? Cool.

Only difference being, Hal can do much more than that, and on a greater level, and is just all around more powerful.

Vulcan 10/10

DarthZoom
not. the. point.

How did the X-men beat him? He left earth to attack the Shiar of his own choice. Then he won and conqeuered the Shiar and sent the X-men running.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by batdude123
So he has something in common with Hal? Cool.

Only difference being, Hal can do much more than that, and on a greater level, and is just all around more powerful.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Fun%20shit/016-6.jpg

KingD19
Colossus punched him in the mouth.

And the only person whose ever decisively beat him with energy attacks was Havok, and that was when he was channeling the energy of a living star, GL rings don't put out that much power.

Warlord
Yeah, my bad I went a bit overboard.

no prbs...beer

-Pr-
gladiator's attack weren't energy based though

hal's don't have to be either.

How did the X-men beat him? He left earth to attack the Shiar of his own choice. Then he won and conqeuered the Shiar and sent the X-men running.

they were smacking him down until he left.

Warlord
hal's don't have to be either.

how?

-Pr-
how?

he can amp his physical stats to high levels.

Warlord
he can amp his stats using the ring's energy. energy which Vulcan IMO can manipulate

DarthZoom

they were smacking him down until he left.

No not really, if your talking about the Deadly Genesis storyline, he was doing fine, he only left because of what he found out about the Shi'ar.

-Pr-
he can amp his stats using the ring's energy. energy which Vulcan IMO can manipulate

then we disagree.

No not really, if your talking about the Deadly Genesis storyline, he was doing fine, he only left because of what he found out about the Shi'ar.

so do we.

DarthZoom
then we disagree.

so do we.

No, I'm just going by the comic and what happened on panel. They couldn't stop him.

Warlord
then we disagree.

It seems so (and it's fine wink) but if we look at his "career" there is not a single type of energy he tried to manipulate and failed.

By the way I like Hal much more...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol at how people in this thread believe Green Lantern's are limited to making only constructs and the likes.

Hal Jordan every time.

Juntai
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol at how people in this thread believe Green Lantern's are limited to making only constructs and the likes.

Hal Jordan every time. I guess they forget he can do things indirectly, manipulate energy, control time for himself and others, move through time, teleport, phase. Jack T Chance's ring pulled him back together after complete dismemberment. Hell, it's even been shown a ring wielder can use the ring to find someone's fears, then make those fears a reality to them.

The Ring can do anything. It's pretty much as versatile as magic. The only downfalls are that it's wearers are inherently flesh and blood and can make mistakes, and that minus a charge, there's a limit to it's energy.

-Pr-
No, I'm just going by the comic and what happened on panel. They couldn't stop him.

they were matching him quite nicely, imo.

It seems so (and it's fine wink) but if we look at his "career" there is not a single type of energy he tried to manipulate and failed.

By the way I like Hal much more...

he still suffers going up against physical beings, which is what hal can become if needed.

DarthZoom
they were matching him quite nicely, imo.

No, not really, they really couldn't do anything to him.

-Pr-
No, not really, they really couldn't do anything to him.

to which i disagreed. and still do.

Lord Feron
IMO Vulcan is more than capable to manipulate the power of the ring making hal powerless. Other than that Hal should beat him for the vast majority.

batdude123
Originally posted by Lord Feron
IMO Vulcan is more than capable to manipulate the power of the ring making hal powerless. Other than that Hal should beat him for the vast majority.

As in every single time?

DarthZoom
to which i disagreed. and still do.

Well I can't change your opinion, I just go by whats on panel.

I still don't get what Hal is supposed to be able to do to Omega Brat here.

xJLxKing

I still don't get what Hal is supposed to be able to do to Omega Brat here.
So being an Omega automatically makes him the winner? Nice!!!

batdude123
Elixir would totally pwn Hal.

DarthZoom
So being an Omega automatically makes him the winner? Nice!!!

No but how can Hal beat him?

xJLxKing
By having his ring kill him

DarthZoom
By having his ring kill him

Black Bolt reduced him to nothing but bone and muscle and he was still fighting back.

iceman24567
Hal wins

DarthZoom
Originally posted by iceman24567
Hal wins

How? Omega Brat gets hit by the ring blast and then regenerates like he did with Black Bolt's scream.

-Pr-

and you think i don't. good for you.

punching him in the face seems to work.

DarthZoom
and you think i don't. good for you.

Read the last issue of Deadly Genesis, its on panel, they couldn't do more then annoy him.

punching him in the face seems to work.

Omega Brat can survive Black Bolts scream. How is a punch going to stop him?

iceman24567
How? Omega Brat gets hit by the ring blast and then regenerates like he did with Black Bolt's scream. By killing him. East peasy

-Pr-
Read the last issue of Deadly Genesis, its on panel, they couldn't do more then annoy him.

i did read it. several times.

a punch amped to superman/gladiator level should do the trick.

his fight with blackbolt was crap, imo.

Slaanesh
guys..u should know it by now..u can't kill Vulcan..he's the OMEGA MUTANT..he's just like Iceman..unless u have the power to wipe out the entire multiverse..u can't kill them erm

iceman24567
guys..u should know it by now..u can't kill Vulcan..he's the OMEGA MUTANT..he's just like Iceman..unless u have the power to wipe out the entire multiverse..u can't kill them erm Vulcan has been beaten physically so what the hell are the talking about?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by iceman24567
Vulcan has been beaten physically so what the hell are the talking about?

i said kill..not beat eek!

anyway..i was just joking..i already said that Hal beat this stupid brat..

Warlord

he still suffers going up against physical beings, which is what hal can become if needed.

Has he ever been up against an energy abesed enhanced being?
Hal amps himself through rings energy. If Vulcan can manipulate that Hal goes down. If not he wins

Juntai
guys..u should know it by now..u can't kill Vulcan..he's the OMEGA MUTANT..he's just like Iceman..unless u have the power to wipe out the entire multiverse..u can't kill them erm confused

DarthZoom

i did read it. several times.

a punch amped to superman/gladiator level should do the trick.

his fight with blackbolt was crap, imo.

When has hal puched anyone at Superman level?

You may think it was crap but that doesn't mean it was.

The guy took a full out scream from black bolt, was reduced to bone and muscle, got back up and started to regenerate.

Look I hate Omega Brat as much as anyone on here. But I go with whats on panel, not which character I like more.

Juntai

When has hal puched anyone at Superman level?

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/9683/0gq6.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/i/1ut0.jpg/

?

Warlord
so Parallax = hal in power?

I don't think so

DarthZoom
That was Parallax with the power of the Oan battery.

This is just Hal.

Juntai
I was being a smart ass. I know what it is.

Warlord
Originally posted by Juntai
I was being a smart ass. I know what it is.

cool

Juntai
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/3568bf07.jpg
Maybe Hal knocking around Parallax Hal with a punch works then.
Since Parallax Hal is much more powerful than Superman, rite?

DarthZoom
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/3568bf07.jpg
Since Parallax Hal is much more powerful than Superman, rite?

I know that issue, He caught Parallax by suprise from the back when Parallax was fighting Kyle. Plus this is post Zero Hour so he had used up allot of the energy he had.

Also, just because Parallax could punch like Supes, doesn't mean he can take a punch like him.

Juntai
I know that issue, He caught Parallax by suprise from the back when Parallax was fighting Kyle. Plus this is post Zero Hour so he had used up allot of the energy he had.

Also, just because Parallax could punch like Supes, doesn't mean he can take a punch like him.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that issued happened before/during Zero Hour technically, as this Parallax version was cleaning up the timestream making everything in order before erasing it. It just happened later storywise. Playing with time. smile Parallax came back through the time-stream to make sure he becomes Parallax, to destroy reality.

Btw, even when Hal died, he left behind enough energy to recreate OA and the battery, and Kyle to become ION, so to suggest he was weak afterwards, is sorta foolish.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7817/6ly5.jpg
Can't take a punch like Supes?
Here he is with no aura or shields up taking a punch from an invisible Martian Manhunter and a Mace to the head from Hawkman and doesn't even lose his footing.

DarthZoom
Actually, I'm pretty sure that issued happened before/during Zero Hour technically, as this Parallax version was cleaning up the timestream making everything in order before erasing it. It just happened later storywise. Playing with time. smile

Btw, even when Hal died, he left behind enough energy to recreate OA and the battery, and Kyle to become ION, so to suggest he was weak afterwards, is sorta foolish.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7817/6ly5.jpg
Can't take a punch like Supes?
Here he is with no aura or shields up taking a punch from an invisible Martian Manhunter and a Mace to the head from Hawkman and doesn't even lose his footing.

It's not foolish, At the end of Zero Hour, they even said he was practically drained.

Again thats Parallax. Not Hal. Why is this hard for you to get? Show me a scan of Hal (not Parallax) taking a Superman level punch or giving one.

Juntai
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ec6b4794.jpg
And actually, there's the proof of it.

Juntai

Again thats Parallax. Not Hal. Why is this hard for you to get? Show me a scan of Hal (not Parallax) taking a Superman level punch or giving one. Originally posted by DarthZoom

Also, just because Parallax could punch like Supes, doesn't mean he can take a punch like him. confused

DarthZoom
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ec6b4794.jpg
And actually, there's the proof of it.

Even so, All Hall did was punch him, it didn't do anything to Parallax.

Juntai
Since Parallax Hal is much more powerful than Superman, rite? confused

DarthZoom
confused

That punch didn't knock him out or anything.

Juntai
That punch didn't knock him out or anything. Which is why I gave a comparison. Martian Manhunter and Hawkman couldn't even barely stagger him in the scan I showed. And yet, Hal absolutely rocked him, despite him not being KOed.

Even so, here's Hal taking a shot from Mongul.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3397/untitledscanned157vl.jpg

Not only was he unharmed, he came back and took care of Mongul here-
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4084/untitledscanned190sq.jpg

And here's Hal absolutely rocking another Superman level enemy.
http://img158.echo.cx/img158/2797/greenlanternrebirth0625zc.jpg

DarthZoom
Which is why I gave a comparison. Martian Manhunter and Hawkman couldn't even barely stagger him in the scan I showed. And yet, Hal absolutely rocked him, despite him not being KOed.

That was Parallax, he and normal GL Hal are not the same thing. Perhaps you should avoid scans with Parallax in it.

And being sent flying.

Why don't you show the panel after he took the shot? Your taking one panel from the start of a fight and one from the end and forgetting what happens in between. And all he did in your scan was use his ring to hurt Mongul.

Batman? Your joking right? Your saying Bats has Supes level of durability? How am I suppopsed to take you seriously now?

DarthZoom
Okay you were joking. Thank god, I really thought you were serious for a sec there.

Juntai
That was Parallax, he and normal GL Hal are not the same thing. Perhaps you should avoid scans with Parallax in it.
Right. But I showed you regular Hal rocking Parallax, and Jonn and Carter being unable to stagger him.

Juntai

Why don't you show the panel after he took the shot? Your taking one panel from the start of a fight and one from the end and forgetting what happens in between. And all he did in your scan was use his ring to hurt Mongul.
That's because in between Hal stopped to burn all the Mercy plants, and save Ollie.
That was him turning his attention back to Mongul.
It was to show Hal was still OK.
Not just him hurting Mongul.

Juntai
btw, your backwards logic and debating style is really, yeah, something.
I've given you several comparisons and showings.

Juntai

Batman? Your joking right? Your saying Bats has Supes level of durability? How am I suppopsed to take you seriously now? Yes, I was joking.
However, comic Batman, as opposed to forum Batman, has taken shots from Shaggy Man, Grundy, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc, and still been in the fight. So, take it however. His durability is fantastic.
smile

DarthZoom
Yes, I was joking.
However, comic Batman, as opposed to forum Batman, has taken shots from Shaggy Man, Grundy, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc, and still been in the fight. So, take it however. His durability is fantastic.
smile

Did you read the storyline where Wonder Woman snapped Max Lord's neck? Supes beat Bats nearly to death.

DarthZoom
Right. But I showed you regular Hal rocking Parallax, and Jonn and Carter being unable to stagger him.

He didn't rock him, he got in one shot from behind by surprise.

Again you have a Hal/Parallax problem. Just use scans without Parallax.

When Mongul hit Hal, that was somone being rocked.

My logic isn't backwards, your the one trying to make GL Hal and Parallax equal in power.

Yes he put arrows into Mongul. Mongul is tough but he's not a Kryptonian.

And I still don't see what he's going to do to Omega Brat.

Warlord
eh, as for Hal punching Kyle Parallax I don't think he is more powerful than Superman since he doesn't get the energies of the battery as Hal Parallax did...just saying

Punching Bats is uber though...wink

Juntai
eh, as for Hal punching Kyle Parallax I don't think he is more powerful than Superman since he doesn't get the energies of the battery as Hal Parallax did...just saying

Punching Bats is uber though...wink Actually, that was Hal, Punching Hal Parallax.

Warlord
Actually, that was Hal, Punching Hal Parallax.

my bad...

DarthZoom
Actually, that was Hal, Punching Hal Parallax.

I never said Hal can't understand how to throw a punch, I'm saying thats not proof his punch is in anyway kryptonian level. He caught Parallax by surprise from behind. And it didn't even do that much.

Juntai
He didn't rock him, he got in one shot from behind by surprise.

Again you have a Hal/Parallax problem. Just use scans without Parallax.

When Mongul hit Hal, that was somone being rocked.

My logic isn't backwards, your the one trying to make GL Hal and Parallax equal in power.

Yes he put arrows into Mongul. Mongul is tough but he's not a Kryptonian.

And I still don't see what he's going to do to Omega Brat. Once again you're missing the point of the scans and what I'm showing you over and over.

Hal's punch rocks Parallax.
Martian Manhunter and Hawkman bombarding Parallax at the same time can't even stagger his footing.
I'm not saying they're equal in power. I'm saying Hal did more damage than they did with a punch to the same character.

You see, you asked when Hal has punched Superman. I showed you the Zero Hour pic. You agreed that Parallax was stronger and it doesn't count for regular Hal.

I showed you Hal GL punching the same character that KOed Superman with one blow.

You questioned Parallax's durability.
I showed you two top flight characters, Hawkman and Martian Manhunter- who alone is in Superman's league, being unable to even stagger his footing with surprise attacks.

Mongul hit Hal, and Hal flew, but he was fine, flew right back, saved Ollie, burned up the Mercy plants and returned and owned Mongul. It wasn't to show Hal spearing Mongul with his ring or the cool tricks he can do with it, it was to show Hal not being messed up by a punch from a Superman level enemy, something you asked for.

You wanted Hal punching someone powerful, you wanted Hal taking a hit from someone powerful, I gave it to you..You questioned Parallax's durability, I gave it to you.

I've given you everything you asked for , and you're acting like it didn't happen.

DarthZoom
Once again you're missing the point of the scans and what I'm showing you over and over.

Hal's punch rocks Parallax.
Martian Manhunter and Hawkman bombarding Parallax at the same time can't even stagger his footing.
I'm not saying they're equal in power. I'm saying Hal did more damage than they did with a punch to the same character.

No he did not, he didn't hurt Parallax, he got in a cheap shot from behind that didn't really do anything.

Your point?

Okay? I could punch a professional wrestler, it's not going to do anything. I am sure Hal knows how to physically punch someone.

And again you need to get off Parallax. He's not GL Hal.

As I said show me scans that have nothing at all to do with Parallax. You obviously can't distinguish between the two.

Mongul hit Hal the way Goku hits people. You showed the beggining of the fight and the end of the fight, show the middle.

No you haven't you've tried to twist Parallax into being GL Hal. Let's take Parallax right out of this debate.

This is normal GL Hal. I want you to show me proof that Hal (not Parallax or anything involving him) can acomplish what BB in a full out scream could not.

batdude123
I've given you everything you asked for , and you're acting like it didn't happen.

How is that awesome? uhuh

Juntai
No he did not, he didn't hurt Parallax, he got in a cheap shot from behind that didn't really do anything.

Your point?

Okay? I could punch a professional wrestler, it's not going to do anything. I am sure Hal knows how to physically punch someone.

And again you need to get off Parallax. He's not GL Hal.

As I said show me scans that have nothing at all to do with Parallax. You obviously can't distinguish between the two.

Mongul hit Hal the way Goku hits people. You showed the beggining of the fight and the end of the fight, show the middle.

No you haven't you've tried to twist Parallax into being GL Hal. Let's take Parallax right out of this debate.

This is normal GL Hal. I want you to show me proof that Hal (not Parallax or anything involving him) can acomplish what BB in a full out scream could not. I'm not trying to twist Hal into being Parallax. I'm not having any problem distinguishing the two. I don't even see where you're getting that out of my posts, besides perhaps the one where I jokingly posted Parallax punching Superman unconscious, only because you asked when he's punched Superman.

I showed you two top flight striking power characters punching Parallax and not even staggering him with surprise attacks.
I showed you Hal doing more damage to the same enemy.
REGULAR GREEN LANTERN HAL DOING MORE DAMAGE THAN HAWKMAN AND MARTIAN MANHUNTER TO THE SAME CHARACTER WITH A PUNCH.

You asked for Green Lantern Hal taking a hit from a Superman level enemy. I showed you Hal taking a punch from Mongul being no worse for wear overall, got up saved, Ollie, burned the Mercy flowers, owned Mongul.

Juntai
How is that awesome? uhuh It was just a stud moment for Hal.
Takes balls, you know.

DarthZoom
I'm not trying to twist Hal into being Parallax. I'm not having any problem distinguishing the two.
Yes you really are.

Hal punched Parallax, he did not damage Parallax.

You showed him getting floored by a punch and being knock flying. You then showed the end of a fight. You left out the middle.

Let's try this again, show me (without any use or reference to Parallax whatsoever) that Hal can accomplish what a full scream from Black Bolt could not.

xJLxKing
Yes you really are.

Hal punched Parallax, he did not damage Parallax.

You showed him getting floored by a punch and being knock flying. You then showed the end of a fight. You left out the middle.

Let's try this again, show me (without any use or reference to Parallax whatsoever) that Hal can accomplish what a full scream from Black Bolt could not.
Why aren't you allowing him to take reference from Parallax?

DarthZoom
Why aren't you allowing him to take reference from Parallax?

Because this isn't Parallax in the fight, this is normal GL Hal. he has a problem seperating the two.

Juntai
Yes you really are.

Hal punched Parallax, he did not damage Parallax. No, I'm really not. If a Martian Manhunter and Hawkman assault a guy, and he doesn't fall of his feet, and Hal punches the same guy and he goes flying backwards. Who would you say did more damage overall?
No, Hal didn't KO Parallax, but he did more than the combined assault of Hawkman and Martian Manhunter. After that, Hal went to ring-slinging.

How many times are you going to change what you want me to show you? lol.

You asked when Hal's hit Superman.
I showed you Hal/Parallax punching Superman, because it's the only time I can recall.

You wanted GL Hal punching a Superman level enemy, I gave you GL Hal punching Parallax.

You wanted a scan showing Parallax's durability.
I showed you Martian Manhunter, and Hawkman, having less effect than Hal's punch.

You wanted GL Hal taking a punch from a Superman enemy.
I gave you Mongul punching Hal.

Since you don't like that one.
Here's Hal being surprised attacked and sucker punched in the back of the head by Black Adam during 52, and Hal just turns around and zaps him. and flies off.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8561/dc52week60140qf.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2410/dc52week60159fb.jpg

KingD19
Well, Vulcan has been beat physically, but he's taken punches from Colossus and Gladiator, I'm pretty sure he can take a punch from a GL, plus with his force field, he can probably tank anything physical. Indeed, taking a full out NO from Black Bolt with his face only a few inches away, that's uber. And he regenerated from it, more uber.

Juntai
Because this isn't Parallax in the fight, this is normal GL Hal. he has a problem seperating the two. No, there is no problem.
The comparison involves Parallax as the enemy to Hal/GL, and Parallax as the enemy to Martian Manhunter and Hawkman.
Hal GREEN LANTERN doing more damage than they did.
I'm not confusing the two at all. You are.
That's why xJLXKing was asking you. Because he sees exactly what I'm saying. As do most people reading the thread, most likely.

jrodslam
Could Vulcan regenerate from being disintegrated? Like say Iceman?

batdude123
No, I'm really not. If a Martian Manhunter and Hawkman assault a guy, and he doesn't fall of his feet, and Hal punches the same guy and he goes flying backwards. Who would you say did more damage overall?
No, Hal didn't KO Parallax, but he did more than the combined assault of Hawkman and Martian Manhunter. After that, Hal went to ring-slinging.

How many times are you going to change what you want me to show you? lol.

You asked when Hal's hit Superman.
I showed you Hal/Parallax punching Superman, because it's the only time I can recall.

You wanted GL Hal punching a Superman level enemy, I gave you GL Hal punching Parallax.

You wanted a scan showing Parallax's durability.
I showed you Martian Manhunter, and Hawkman, having less effect than Hal's punch.

You wanted GL Hal taking a punch from a Superman enemy.
I gave you Mongul punching Hal.

Since you don't like that one.
Here's Hal being surprised attacked and sucker punched in the back of the head by Black Adam during 52, and Hal just turns around and zaps him. and flies off.
Didn't Hal break Cyborg Superman's jaw?

Juntai
Double fail.

If you want to post on a "comic book" forum you should stop getting your information from cartoons from the 90's and start reading comics mate. Actually it has a lot to do with sound. Sound is the catalyst for the whole event.

from Blackbolts Marvel profile.
"As an infant, he demonstrated certain energy-manipulative powers that he couldn't control, particularly that of producing quasi-sonic energy of great destructive potential. To protect the other Inhumans, he was placed inside a sound-proofed chamber"

KingD19
Originally posted by jrodslam
Could Vulcan regenerate from being disintegrated? Like say Iceman?

Theoretically he could, since he manipulates energy to such a high degree, he could just manipulate certain forms of energy and rebuild himself a body, kind of like how Darwin survived as energy till his body rebuilt itself.

jrodslam
Theoretically he could, since he manipulates energy to such a high degree, he could just manipulate certain forms of energy and rebuild himself a body, kind of like how Darwin survived as energy till his body rebuilt itself.

"Theoretically he could" meaning, he should be able to?

So we dont know if he can for sure because it hasnt been shown?

-Pr-
DarthZoom, i don't know where the attitude is coming from, but it has to stop. Be civil.

Didn't Hal break Cyborg Superman's jaw?

yup. GL 13.

never saw that before. nice.

KingD19
Originally posted by jrodslam
"Theoretically he could" meaning, he should be able to?

So we dont know if he can for sure because it hasnt been shown?

Exactly, but signs point to it since he can regen from BB doing it to him. Actually, just not dying from that alone is a high end feat itself.

DarthZoom
How many times are you going to change what you want me to show you?

I haven't I want you to show me, with no reference to Parallax at all, how Hal is going to do what a full out BB scream could not.

GL hal and Parallax Hal are not the same thing. None of Parallax Hal's feats count.

Now I wanted proof he could take out someone of that durability or damage them.

Again no, I asked you to show me a person of Kryptonian level of power doing it.

Black Adam wasn't trying to kill him, he was driving them out of Kandaq airspace.

As I said, use an arguement without any mention of Parallax that Hal can take Omega Brat out.

DarthZoom
DarthZoom, i don't know where the attitude is coming from, but it has to stop. Be civil.

I have been, I made one comment one time because I didn't know he was kidding.

-Pr-
I have been, I made one comment one time because I didn't know he was kidding.

this:

Because this isn't Parallax in the fight, this is normal GL Hal. he has a problem seperating the two.

isn't civil.

batdude123
this:

isn't civil.

Easy there, sport.

Just cuz he doesn't share your opinion on the matter doesn't mean you can abuse your mod powers. uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
this:

isn't civil.

confused

batdude123
confused

No shit. laughing out loud

-Pr-
Easy there, sport.

Just cuz he doesn't share your opinion on the matter doesn't mean you can abuse your mod powers. uhuh

after what you called me, we're not talking anymore. uhuh

confused

what? you think he shouldn't have been told to be civil? you think i just plucked some random post out of nowhere and unfairly came down on the guy?

it's a pattern that he has to stop. i just picked the most recent occurence.

batdude123
after what you called me, we're not talking anymore. uhuh

What... sport? biscuits

what? you think he shouldn't have been told to be civil? you think i just plucked some random post out of nowhere and unfairly came down on the guy?

Yes.

DarthZoom
this:

isn't civil.

Yes it is, I wasn't insulting him, I was stating what I know to be true.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>