Doctor Octopus vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright Ock is downtown robbing a bank when Ben is going by in a bus and sees a crowd outside the bank, he gets out of the bus and runs into the bank. Who wins

gobstakid777
thing wails on ock's ass

golem370
Ock is faster and has the strength to toss cars with his arms which means he could do the same to Thing

KingD19
Thing has the strength to toss cars, which he could do to Octopus....

BruceSkywalker
Its... Not Clobberin' time

Rogue Jedi
Mmmmmmmmmmmmhm....Thing makes Ock his byatch.

Placidity
Doc Ock has a chance if he stabs Thing in the eye.

Rogue Jedi
With his Ock Cock?

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
With his Ock Cock?

Erm, He was gonna stab Peter with a spike, but Aunt May whacked him over the head and saved him. Dunno if you remember that scene.

Rogue Jedi
I do, I was just being an ass. I thought you knew me enough to know that.

Tattoos N Scars
Thing's punches would be a lot harder than Spiderman's. If Thing grabbed a tentacle...it would be lasso time for Ock..lol. I don't think Ock's body could stand the force trauma of what Thing would ram Ock in to...not to mention, a well placed punch to the chest would shatter Ock's chest cavity.

golem370
Thing has a chance but if Thing did grab a tenticale then Ock has atleast two more to do something to Thing.

jinXed by JaNx
Weren't Ocks arms made of adamantium, in the movie? It's been a while since i've seen the movie but i thought i remember His arms being made of adamantium. If they, in deed are made of adamantium then i say Ock Slays The Thing. The only reason Spidey was able to beat Ock was because of his incredible agility. If Ocks arms Aren't made of Adamantium then The Thing wins easily.

Placidity
They weren't made of adamantium, but they could resist the heat from a fusion reaction which probably had the same temperatures of the sun (hmm, would do well against a Jedi eh).

Not exactly the same as being 'durable' to trauma or tension, but I would assume it is anyway IMO.

jinXed by JaNx
hmm, i could have sword something was made from adamantium. Maybe it was just his harness.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
hmm, i could have sword something was made from adamantium. Maybe it was just his harness.

I think you're thinking of the comics. In those, Ock replaced his original tentacles with adamantium ones at one point.

In the movies... nope, no mention of adamantium there.

They were said to be impervious to readiation, heat, electromagnetism etc (can't recall the exact words). That doesn't make them impervious to physical impact though.

chunjacktao
The fact that the tentacles withstood temperature equal to solar flares proves that they are tough.

I think Doc Ock tossing around trucks, cars, ripping open buildings means that he can HURT the thing. I say strength wise, thing has an advantage, but not a big one. but remember, doc has 4 arms.

Agility wise, Doc Ock is DEFINITELY faster. His agility matches spiderman- he can always sense spiderman when he's about to ambush from behind, and he can fight multiple opponents while at the same time stirring a cup of coffee........ his tentacles can move faster and hit faster than a bullet.

Doc is also smarter, by far. I say Doctor Octopus has this.

Darth Martin
I wouldn't say Ock is on par with Spider-Man in agility but he's alot better than Thing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I wouldn't say Ock is on par with Spider-Man in agility but he's alot better than Thing.

I think the newb was referring to the tentacles' agility, and not Doc Oc himself.

He'd be right. Actually, he'd be more than correct. The arms were more than able to keep up with Spiderman, and even gave Spidey a run for his money on a few exchanges. They are flexible and move very fast. (Not as fast as bullets, though. I'm not sure where he got that from.)

KingD19
But the tentacles can't hit hard enough to seriously damage Thing.

Ms.Marvel
blows to the eyes would work. force a tentacle down his throat, etc etc.

dirty.no expression

Robtard
Thing was able to roll a Porsche into a small (by comparison) ball in a matter of second. Doc is getting ripped apart the minute he grabs the Thing. Just a matter of grabbing a tentacle and pulling Doc Ock forward.

I hated the F4 movies, but feats is feats.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
blows to the eyes would work. force a tentacle down his throat, etc etc.

dirty.no expression

Thing need only blink.

Thing need only bite down. He's better off trying to force a tentacle up his ass, though I still thing Ock goes down here, once Thing grabs a tentacle.

Ms.Marvel
thing isnt biting through a tentacle if thats what you're saying... biting down wouldnt really help him at all. i dont think blinking would work either. if someone tries to poke you in the eye and you close your eye lid then your eyelid just gets smashed into the your eye which hurts like a ***** and can damage it. the things eye lids have to be soft enough to fold when his eyes are open, so if octavius uses that needle thing and stabs him in the eye he'll just jam his rocky eye lid into his soft eye... which will disable him anyway.

Robtard
thing isnt biting through a tentacle if thats what you're saying... biting down wouldnt really help him at all. i dont think blinking would work either. if someone tries to poke you in the eye and you close your eye lid then your eyelid just gets smashed into the your eye which hurts like a ***** and can damage it. the things eye lids have to be soft enough to fold when his eyes are open, so if octavius uses that needle thing and stabs him in the eye he'll just jam his rocky eye lid into his soft eye... which will disable him anyway.

Not bite through, but stop it. Also, not sure it'd matter too much if Ock got a tentacle down his throat or up his ass, as Thing's internal organs are rock-like too (as seen on screen). He'd just have to grab and pull it out of his mouth or ass, then Ock is screwed.

As for the eyelid, Thing's eyelids are rock-like too, so there's no way of knowing if it's softer than the rest of him, could not be.

Nephthys
Doc Ock ****s him up. Seriously, Thing has zero fighting ability, zero agility and zero brains. He won't even get close. Ock'll be constantly pummeling him from all angles, with blows that'll sure as shit hurt. Ock was able to tag Spiderman several times (or, heck, just keep up with him, something Thing could never do), so my money is on that he'll just batter Thing into submission. It won't be hard, metal>rock remember. Eventually Ock'll chip away his head. Even if Thing does manage to grab an arm (which would require a feat of dexterity 5 times what he's shown) , Ock'll just continue to beat the crap out of him with the other 3. Maybe even just the 2 if Thing starts to yank on him, forcing him to grab on to something.

Of course, one other way for him to win is to just grab his legs and do that move where you slam him into the ground over and over and over again. That move is epic. Either way, Thing is going down.

Robtard
Remember (in FF2) when Thing was blown a hundred feet (or so)across and several feet into a concrete bunker wall, this was on top of a very large steel door slamming him from the front at the same time? That only made him say "ouch" and he was none the worse for it a few seconds later.

Ock's tentacles aren't going to do much.

Rogue Jedi
Didnt Thing stop a truck with his body, taking zero damage?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Didnt Thing stop a truck with his body, taking zero damage?

He pulled the firetruck from falling, hazy about stopping a truck with his body, but you might be right.

The explosion/flying/double-slam into a concrete bunker wall serves enough to counter the "Ock's tentacles are going to **** him up" argument. Tentacles are insanely strong, but Thing's durabitity is extremely high.

Rogue Jedi
I think he stopped a semi with his body, it's been years since I saw FF1. But yeah, as you said, his durability is pretty uber, can Ock strike with enough force to hurt him? What about a tentacle around Thing's throat, choking him out?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Robtard
Not bite through, but stop it. Also, not sure it'd matter too much if Ock got a tentacle down his throat or up his ass, as Thing's internal organs are rock-like too (as seen on screen). He'd just have to grab and pull it out of his mouth or ass, then Ock is screwed.

i dont think biting down would work. your teeth hold food and everything else by biting into it slightly or squeezing it and creating friction. i dont think thatd work too well on pure smooth steel. try biting down on the end of a screw driver.

are his insides really rock like to? i havent seen the movie in a long time so ill take your word for it. shrug

well your the skin on your lid folds when the lids are raised so the skin has to be soft enough to fold.

its occurred to me that theres also the ears that are soft in the inside as well if they werent then he would hear things differently but he has the same hearing. that could be exploited as well. >D

Rogue Jedi
I wonder if his poop is rocky.

KingD19
Thing can hear, but he has no visible ear canals, and his eyelids are rocky as well, they probably aren't as durable as the rest of him, but they're still pretty high up there.

Yes, a semi was out of control, he stood there and put his shoulder down. The truck folded around his body, and he pushed the wreckage off of him. Thing also helped hold up that ferris wheel, and he knocked Doom pretty far if I remember. Oh yeah, when that chopper crashed during the wedding, he kept it from slicing everyone, and the rotor blades chipped on his face.

Robtard
i dont think biting down would work. your teeth hold food and everything else by biting into it slightly or squeezing it and creating friction. i dont think thatd work too well on pure smooth steel. try biting down on the end of a screw driver.

are his insides really rock like to? i havent seen the movie in a long time so ill take your word for it. shrug

well your the skin on your lid folds when the lids are raised so the skin has to be soft enough to fold.

its occurred to me that theres also the ears that are soft in the inside as well if they werent then he would hear things differently but he has the same hearing. that could be exploited as well. >D

I'm also not super-powered; stands to reason Thing's bite-force is as amped as the strength throughout his body.

Yeah, in the first film after they're transformed, Richards shows Thing's internals via x-ray machine and comments that his heart and organs are rock-like too.

Eyes are a possible weakness, but it's silly to think Ock would win via eye shots when thing is all but invulnerable and can kill Ock with one well placed blow.

Thing has no ears.

Ms.Marvel
well shut up stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Thing can hear, but he has no visible ear canals, and his eyelids are rocky as well, they probably aren't as durable as the rest of him, but they're still pretty high up there.

Yes, a semi was out of control, he stood there and put his shoulder down. The truck folded around his body, and he pushed the wreckage off of him. Thing also helped hold up that ferris wheel, and he knocked Doom pretty far if I remember. Oh yeah, when that chopper crashed during the wedding, he kept it from slicing everyone, and the rotor blades chipped on his face. Shit yeah, I forgot about the chopper scene. Geet to zee choppah!!!

K-Dog
Thing eventually wins due to his high durability and eventually he will grab a tentable and pull and fight his way to Doc's body and KO him (or kill him). Won't be easy though--good fight.

golem370
Ock ripped off the bank vault doors which was made of more then likely high graded steel.

KingD19
Thing got blasted into a wall, then hit by a vault door launched with incredible speed and force, he wasn't hurt much at all really. Ock can't hurt Thing with his blows, and one punch to the body by Thing is an insta-win.

chomperx9
thing is stronger than doc ocs tentacls the problem for ben is getting through them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.