Neo-Satanism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
What do you guys think about Spiritual Satanism?

http://joyofsatan.org/

inimalist
I think we really don't need another thread about satanism...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What do you guys think about Spiritual Satanism?

http://joyofsatan.org/

It's stupid.

King Kandy
This is the dumbest variation of satanism i've seen yet. Even that poser from a while back who wouldn't shut up about how his friends did human sacrifice, even his take is more intelligent than this.

Also, they practice "power meditation". Which is the exact same as regular meditation, but damn it, doesn't everything with "power" added just sound cooler? It's like if you gave the buddha fifty red bull and told him to do his thing.

Be careful about making fun of them though, moving down a few paragraphs we see that members of spiritual satanism "are versed in the Black Arts of "magick" should they ever need them". Be afraid, they're going to hex you! Also they know Dim Mak apparently so if you mess with them your head could explode like an episode of fist of the north star.

Spirit abuse is not tolerated. What's spirit abuse? Apparently summoning demons using "the nine foot circle and jehovah name method" is a horrible sin. Summoning them in other ways is A-OK, though.

They operate what appears to be a 1-900 number called "teens for satan" where you can talk to a "real high priest or priestess". It sounds like some warped presidential campaign but I guess it's not any worse than another 8 years of republicans.

They swear a billion times that Satanism is not a reaction to christianity but they spend way more time denouncing christianity than actually explaining their own ideas. They are also requesting money contributions so that they can beat the "billions of dollars controlled by christian churches". This will help them advance the satanic mission of teaching people how to explode the heads of their enemies. As long as you don't use nine feet circles to do it, of course.

I searched more in depth into their site as I couldn't stop cracking up. The idiocy just never stops. After "hundreds of hours of intense and in-depth research" they have discovered Satan is a real living entity, YHVH is false, Jesus never existed, and Satanism is at least 4,000 years old.

It starts to get even more bizarre after that. Angels are apparently "nordic" aliens from another planet who are manipulating the earth into believing in miracles.

Ancient Egyptians were all wizards, until christianity annihilated all their cities in order to prevent an alien takeover. Wow, christianity actually seems like the good guy so far even though the site denounces them. Gods are all extraterrestrials who genetically modified themselves into becoming immortal (how long before we learn how to do that? I'd save a lot on health insurance).

Abruptly they start ripping off H.P. Lovecraft and the Cthulhu mythos. Humans were created by aliens as slaves, but only when the stars are right will the space gate be opened. We were created to, get ready for this awesome cosmic journey,... mine gold. Seriously. The purpose of human existence is to mine gold. Wow. I honestly thought the examples of satanism we've seen in this forum previously were stupid, but this tops it all.

King Kandy

Phantom Zone
Its quite sad that Hell is the name for the Norse godess of the dead. It just shows you how much the Christian missionaries succeded.

King Kandy
Usually the norse goddess is spelled with one l.

Also hel was also the name of the realm she ruled, so it's not like the concept got totally warped.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Its quite sad that Hell is the name for the Norse godess of the dead. It just shows you how much the Christian missionaries succeded.

Norse religion must predate contact with Christianity. If anything I'd say contact with the Norse probably influenced Christian vocabulary.

King Kandy
I think his point was they made the norse goddess into an evil concept. Though she was sort of an evil concept anyway.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by King Kandy
Usually the norse goddess is spelled with one l.

Yeah it is, doesnt change the fact that the term Hell comes from her.

Also hel was also the name of the realm she ruled, so it's not like the concept got totally warped.

Dont want to nitpick but I think the exact term is Helheim. Home of Hel. KandyHeim, Home of Kandy. Hel isn't the name of the realm but its her name.

I think his point was they made the norse goddess into an evil concept. Though she was sort of an evil concept anyway.

Yes it was. I actually dont think orginally she was evil at all, that came later. Cant prove it but wouldnt be suprised of the Christians had something to do with it.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Norse religion must predate contact with Christianity. If anything I'd say contact with the Norse probably influenced Christian vocabulary.

Yes I know, and vice verse. Christian missonaries also made it their business to **** with the Norse religon.

King Kandy
Dont want to nitpick but I think the exact term is Helheim. Home of Hel. KandyHeim, Home of Kandy. Hel isn't the name of the realm but its her name.
That would make sense, but it contradicts all the contemporary poems and writing that simply call it hel. The only extended version of the name I see is niflhel, referring to it's location in niflheim.

Yes it was. I actually dont think orginally she was evil at all, that came later. Cant prove it but wouldnt be suprised of the Christians had something to do with it.
It had poor connotations I think. Some sources describe it as being where evil or cowardly men go upon death. It is supposed to have some kind of contrast with Valhalla but sadly there are few writings on Hel to draw from.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.