Wild Child vs Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
No adamantium for Creed.

jinzin
Don't know. We never saw the full extent of WC's prowess in straight 1on1 combat.

psycho gundam
he hung wolverine out to dry that one time.

snoopdogg
If he heals from getting stabbed in the throat and being thrown into molten steel that would be impressive.

jinzin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he hung wolverine out to dry that one time.
Yeah but he got the jump on Wolverine and attacked him with poion claws. ermOriginally posted by snoopdogg
If he heals from getting stabbed in the throat and being thrown into molten steel that would be impressive.
Indeed.
I can't imagine they're really done with Wild Child, especially after making him take such a villainous turn

snoopdogg
He didn't look to bad against Red. Granted once Red turned up the heat the game changed.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by snoopdogg

I thought he was stabbed in the chest.

Regardless, I can see Wolverine surviving it smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jinzin

I can't imagine they're really done with Wild Child, especially after making him take such a villainous turn

IMO Way wanted to get rid of him, he never really used him (unlike Loeb) if we don't count that issue with torturing Daken.

Survivor19
I vote for Sabes.

StiltmanFTW
Me too.

snoopdogg
WC did better against Omega Red didn't he?

StiltmanFTW
WC did better against Omega Red didn't he?

No, he didn't.

Originally posted by jinzin
SABRETOOTH VS. OMEGA RED:
OVERALL PERFORMANCE: In spite of Red using his pheromones and blindsiding Creed, Creed is able to re-establish his footing and the two start kicking each others heads in all over the church. Creed is able to assert his dominance at the end when Omega Red makes a run for it.
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR2.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR3.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR4.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR5.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR6.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR7.jpg http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/th_OR8.jpg

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No, he didn't. Red never use his death factor in either fight did he?

Survivor19
You mean, Creed once won against OR in all-out battle, and Kyle was outright killed first time they meet... and you then you say THAT?

snoopdogg
BTW what issue is that?

StiltmanFTW
Red never use his death factor in either fight did he?

He did.

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/OR5.jpg

BTW what issue is that?

No idea.

StiltmanFTW
Oh and about his fight with WC, I dunno whether or not he used death pheromones. It's really hard to say, after the Romulus upgrade Kyle's HF could've been better.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Survivor19
You mean, Creed once won against OR in all-out battle, and Kyle was outright killed first time they meet... and you then you say THAT? Kyle was blindsed though...that's how Red was able to kill him so easily.

Kris Blaze
I think we ought to wait a couple of issues before we assume that Wild Child is dead.

Survivor19
You mean Kyle was acting like a total suicidal idiot, complete with turning away from his opponent in a midst of battle?

snoopdogg
You mean Kyle was acting like a total suicidal idiot, complete with turning away from his opponent in a midst of battle? That's the one.

jrodslam
He did.

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/jinzin2008/OR5.jpg

He didnt use the death factor. Just the phermones. The "death factor phermones" that was mentioned, was just the Phermones.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jrodslam
He didnt use the death factor. Just the phermones. The "death factor phermones" that was mentioned, was just the Phermones.

I see. How does DF work? Is it that trick with life-draining coils?

jrodslam
I see. How does DF work? Is it that trick with life-draining coils?

Yea. The thing he did to Wolvie and Colossus. Those are the only people i can remember him doing it to.

The phermones are usually the thing he uses in combat if anything.

StiltmanFTW
Yea. The thing he did to Wolvie and Colossus. Those are the only people i can remember him doing it to.

The phermones are usually the thing he uses in combat if anything.

I think he used it on DD, too.

jrodslam
I think he used it on DD, too.

Phermones.

weaponx510
Creed with little effort

StiltmanFTW
Phermones.

Are you sure? Can't find the scans, I believe they were in Matt's thread. IIRC, Red grasped his leg with his coil and then Murdock lost strength.

jrodslam
The phermones can also kill and drain/weaken opponents. Vs humans with no healing factor is usually prefered seemingly. The times hes actually used the death factor on Wolvie, it put him down almost instantly. Because DD and other humans dont have a healing factor, im almost positive he was only using the phermones.

Some writers may call it death phermones, death factor phermones, etc.

Even when he fought iron man, i think it state something about a air-borne toxin, but because he wasnt in the suit, it did nothing. Then Red stated something about him being immune to his "mutant death factor".

jrodslam
In the X-Factor issue with Sabes, Red mentioned that the "death factor pheromones will keep his enhanced healing factor busy so he'll be in a weakened state. Same thing he does at times when he fights Wolvie.

In X-Men #18, Wolvie States "An' i still got my healing factor to counter-act his virus..." When the actual death factor is applied, the healing factor cant counter-act that shit, lol. Never has.

-K-M-
As Jinzin said, "who knows", but apparently Wild Child has beaten Sabretooth though of course off-panel though

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_15.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_16.jpg

snoopdogg
Well, we know Kyle is faster than Logan is.

Battlehammer
not true, he was taken by surprize, he could have simply assumed he was faster with out being so, much like Daken.

also I dont think thoses scans prove wild child has beaten sabre-tooth there far to fague.

-K-M-
Naaaaa...I doubt that, I'm pretty sure due to the upgrade WC became faster then Wolverine. By your reasoning Wolverine would have said something along the lines he was so fast he got the slip on me, but he clearly said WC was faster.

Also they even say WC did beat Sabretooth, but how is where its vague

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -K-M-
As Jinzin said, "who knows", but apparently Wild Child has beaten Sabretooth though of course off-panel though

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_15.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_16.jpg that's the scan before logan got his shit diced.

Survivor19
jrodslam, you are using incorrect terms, IMO.
Thing you refer as 'death factor' is life drain.
Death factor IS his pheromones.

Battlehammer
Naaaaa...I doubt that, I'm pretty sure due to the upgrade WC became faster then Wolverine. By your reasoning Wolverine would have said something along the lines he was so fast he got the slip on me, but he clearly said WC was faster.

Also they even say WC did beat Sabretooth, but how is where its vague
Not nessarly true, wolverine assumed daken was faster then him amoung others assumed the same, but it far from the fact, it due to training he recieved from romulas him self. Just becuase wolverine says an off hand comment when he got ambush does not mean wild child is faster espicially given the circumstances and what we know of individuals dirrectly linked to romulas.

No they say he got him, and they dont say wild child, you assume it wild child, which does not make it so and again given what we know of romulas it unlikly, and it never said he beat him. Not to mention the fact sabre-tooth was chained up and the fact he got away which would controdict the fact wild child ever beta him in the first places.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Not nessarly true, wolverine assumed daken was faster then him amoung others assumed the same, but it far from the fact, it due to training he recieved from romulas him self. Just becuase wolverine says an off hand comment when he got ambush does not mean wild child is faster espicially given the circumstances and what we know of individuals dirrectly linked to romulas.

No they say he got him, and they dont say wild child, you assume it wild child, which does not make it so and again given what we know of romulas it unlikly, and it never said he beat him. Not to mention the fact sabre-tooth was chained up and the fact he got away which would controdict the fact wild child ever beta him in the first places.

Errr? Except the fact WC doesn't have any kind of power like Daken using phermones so that's comparing apples and oranges and really doesn't work here. Also now thats not necesairly true, as WC has gone through various mutations throughout his carrer and as noted some are stronger, faster, etc. then others we don't know if it was a mutation upgrade or training that gave him this upgrade. The belief of WC being faster from Wolverine's comments and WC actions is far more likely then your scenario

No they even mention later in the arc WC was the one who went in and got Sabretooth. Yeah as I mentioned we don't know the circumstances of how he beat him, just that is was WC that did it. Did WC attack Sabrtooth while he was in chains? Its definetly possible, all we know is Sabretooth put up a fight, but what that means we don't fully know.

snoopdogg

Also they even say WC did beat Sabretooth, but how is where its vague I agree.

jrodslam
jrodslam, you are using incorrect terms, IMO.
Thing you refer as 'death factor' is life drain.
Death factor IS his pheromones.

Am i? His mutant death factor is why he has to drain life force from others, hence why i use the term death factor which is usually via tentacles. The pheromones are the airborne version of the death factor itself, but doesnt work to the full effect of the death factor directly(touch or tentacles). Different terms are usually used, death spores or death factor pheromones. The death factor is the life drain.

EvilTyrant
Am i? His mutant death factor is why he has to drain life force from others, hence why i use the term death factor which is usually via tentacles. The pheromones are the airborne version of the death factor itself, but doesnt work to the full effect of the death factor directly(touch or tentacles). Different terms are usually used, death spores or death factor pheromones. The death factor is the life drain. Omega Red was recently shown draining the life from the prison cell prisoners while fighting Wolverine. He was stated to be stronger from all the prisoners he was draining.

jrodslam
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Omega Red was recently shown draining the life from the prison cell prisoners while fighting Wolverine. He was stated to be stronger from all the prisoners he was draining.

Thats what i stated in a previous post. The Pheromones work the same way, but it doesnt work to the full effect as him doing it directly(using tentacles to channel or by direct touch). Its slower and doesnt last as long as the actual grab/touch.

In an earlier issue, the man asked Red to finish him off, but Red didnt want to because in fear(possibly) of getting aids. Same thing happened one time with Maverick. Red didnt fully do it because Maverick had the legacy virus and Red was hesitant.

Pheromones work the same way, but to a lesser degree.

Survivor19
Sabertooth all day long.

Raja
IMO Way wanted to get rid of him, he never really used him (unlike Loeb) if we don't count that issue with torturing Daken.

I wish these writers would do what they're paid for and actually write, instead of resorting to cop-outs like this. It is possible for any future writer to retcon Wild Child as being alive, even with this unambiguous plunge on panel. IMO, his healing factor is all over the place, so he could have survived something like this.

Sabretooth would probably win in a fight without variables, not for the default and mistaken reasons such as Kyle is not as skilled or stupid. He's more agile than Sabretooth, but Victor is a lot bigger, and a lot stronger. It all depends upon how willing any writer is for any given outcome. Victor would beat him, but I'm saying this as one of WC's longest-running fans.

That being said, this had better not be the last we ever see of Wild Child.

Raptor22
jrod i thought he has the death factor/spores in him and the pheramones are him releasing it in an airborne form and when he uses the tentacles its called his life drain and he drains the life energy out of opponents. r u saying when he grabs with tentacles he is transferring death spores to victim through tentacles?

shumargora
Sabretooth wins.

SevenShackles
i agree with raja fully.

EvilTyrant
Wildchild could survive but does he have an adamantium skeleton, because Wolverine survived falling in a vat of hot lava, he crawled right out and walked away.

Raja
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Wildchild could survive but does he have an adamantium skeleton, because Wolverine survived falling in a vat of hot lava, he crawled right out and walked away.

Wolverine did it due to the power of being Wolverine. wink No, Kyle does not have an adamantium skeleton, for which I am glad as it makes him less accused of being like Sabretooth or Wolverine.

For a rundown of his skills and powers, look at -K-M-'s extensive respect thread for him. In the most recent posts I added information about some other aspects of the character, located elsewhere in the forums. I can't post links yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.