Zero vs God Kefka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
all out fight on terra. they both have all abilities.

XanatosForever
IebvkUtzW_o

Kefka won't have any fun with this one. no

SpadeKing
as much as I liked zero, he dies a sad death.

NemeBro
The one who effortlessly destroys cities and rearranges continents win.

ScreamPaste
At close range that laser would actually be easy to react to. Zero doesn't use magic, to my knowledge.. So my money's on Zero.

NemeBro
..........Did you miss the destroying cities bit?

ScreamPaste
Nope, Zer's unlikely to get hit, and could probably survive a hit if he did, if what acrosurge says is true.

NemeBro
Zero cannot escape a city destroying blast, keep in mind Kefka does this casually.

ScreamPaste
I dunno how casual it is, because he doesn't just /bork the party when they come to fight him. no expression

Which city destroying blast are you talking about? The laser? That would be easy to dodge at close range.

Burning thought
And I assume Zero could get a hit on Kefka before the 3 second cast time as well....

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Burning thought
And I assume Zero could get a hit on Kefka before the 3 second cast time as well....

Like that would matter really.

Zero is up against a guy who successfully concurred the entire world and brought it under his control and is the very essence of magic itself.

He has a number of high leveled spells which include the heartless angel, a spell he casts at the beginning of every fight which reduces the party to 1 hp (in game.) and other numerous spells such as Ultima, forsaken, Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga and meteor which, quite frankly would destroy Zero. (Although on one specific note forsaken must be charged up.)

If he was able to survive this then Havoc Wing would destroy him, able to knock out party members (in game) very quickly and is so fast it can be cast twice in a row.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Like that would matter really.

Zero is up against a guy who successfully concurred the entire world and brought it under his control and is the very essence of magic itself.

He has a number of high leveled spells which include the heartless angel, a spell he casts at the beginning of every fight which reduces the party to 1 hp (in game.) and other numerous spells such as Ultima, forsaken, Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga and meteor which, quite frankly would destroy Zero.

Although on one specific note forsaken must be charged up.

Yes ime sure the laser would destroy zero as well but if he can punch the guys head off before 3 seconds then it does matter, quite a lot actually...

Yes and ime sure the laser is quite high power as well, but can he do all of these things in less than 2/3 seconds? and reducing hp is as you said, gameplay...it has no canon effect I take it? nothing gaugable..so its useless in a vs match, and against a robot too.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Burning thought
Yes ime sure the laser would destroy zero as well but if he can punch the guys head off before 3 seconds then it does matter, quite a lot actually...

Yes and ime sure the laser is quite high power as well, but can he do all of these things in less than 2/3 seconds? and reducing hp is as you said, gameplay...it has no canon effect I take it? nothing gaugable..so its useless in a vs match, and against a robot too.

Yeah I agree with the heartless angel being kinda void, but i did just edit my post after finding out about another attack that I missed in my initial post, Havoc wing which is a very powerful attack indeed.

As for punching the guys head off, I don't really know, seems kinda hard to hit Kefka who can fly and is around 7ft tall as a god (although that is open for interpretation.) stick out tongue

Burning thought
I dont know anything about Zero, can it fly or at least make long ranged attacks quickly I wonder?

NemeBro
Uh-huh.

Kefka flies into the sky and nukes Zero.

Yeah.

MooCowofJustice
I believe when Sigma brought down a huge space station in X5 Zero was on it when it hit. He survived the whole thing after a fight with Sigma, even supposedly killing himself in the process. If I recall, the blast destroyed most of the planet.

NemeBro
I didn't realise being killed is a durability feat.

Sin_Volvagia
As powerful as Zero is, he's still not good enough to put God Kefka to rest.

Kefka could just stay in one high spot while raining death below.

Burning thought
Well no if Zero cannot fly he cant win can he, silly match.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by NemeBro
I didn't realise being killed is a durability feat.

He didn't die. Please note "supposedly."

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
He didn't die. Please note "supposedly."

And still you think it's wise to compare Zero inside a space station that crashes and survives, to a battle with the very essence of magic itself that can cast Havoc Wing, Ultima, Heartless Angel, Forsaken, Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga and Meteor. The very force that successfully conquered the entire world, plunged it into darkness and erected a tower of immense power that served as his base.

Basically, you think it's wise to compare surviving a crashing space station to battling the god of magic, as any sort of feat to be used in this battle?

MooCowofJustice
Yes. Because the blast destroyed most of the planet.

Neo Darkhalen
Yes. Because the blast destroyed most of the planet.

And as I just stated, Kefka reduced the world to ruin and then erected a tower of immense power unlike anything ever seen.

You see the difference there?

The crash destroyed most of the planet, Kefka destroyed the entire planet and then ruled over it, slaying anyone who challenged him with the light of judgement, a beam that destroys entire towns.

And again on top of that we have all of Kefka's boss fight abilites that I've listed numerous times now I won't repeat them.

Tell me, how does Zero defeat a god with this much power?

MooCowofJustice
By hitting him with his sword or shooting him with his Z Buster.

Reduced the world to ruin? I've seen the big laser, that's not the world, and its obviously not as powerful as the blast I described.

Neo Darkhalen

Reduced the world to ruin? I've seen the big laser, that's not the world, and its obviously not as powerful as the blast I described.

I never said the beam reduced the world to ruin, only that it destroys people and villages, I think I was quite clear in saying Kefka himself destroyed the world, in which he did.

Again a robot with a sword and a mega buster Vs the god of magic who can kill party members very quickly with attacks like Havoc wing that can be used twice in a row, heartless angel that reduces the entire party to 1 hp, forsaken an "end of the world" style attack, the obligatory Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga as well as Meteor, which is exactly what it says on the tin.

Oh also I'm sorry I didn't realise you had seen the beam, see I've played the game and his light of judgement really is that powerful, it kills people and destroys villages.

Also again Kefka can fly as well, I'd like to see Zero fly up to Kefka.

Neo Darkhalen
Unless you mean the forsaken attack by "beam" see "beam" is open to interpretation so I wish people would actually name what they are talking about, because beam could imply anything really.

By your very vague terms, do you mean beam as in light of judgement or beam as in forsaken?

NemeBro
He didn't die. Please note "supposedly." Okay, he was just torn to pieces and it took a long time to repair himself while he hid.

no expression

MooCowofJustice
Okay, he was just torn to pieces and it took a long time to repair himself while he hid.

no expression

He was torn to few enough pieces to be able to repair himself.

You said Beam, not me.

Please tell me how he destroyed the world. If he did it in one shot, okay, cool.

Yay for spells. They wouldn't happen to be avoidable in any way at all, would they?

Cool.

Zero doesn't need to fly.

Neo Darkhalen

He was torn to few enough pieces to be able to repair himself.

You said Beam, not me.

Laser = Beam same thing I'm afraid.

Please tell me how he destroyed the world. If he did it in one shot, okay, cool.

Yay for spells. They wouldn't happen to be avoidable in any way at all, would they?

Surely you played the game, I mean you're not coming into this Vs match without ever finishing FF VI and the only reason you have posted in here was because you played a couple of X games, I mean afterall if that was the case you have no basis to valadate your points on.

Actually no some of the spells he casts cannot be avoided or blocked in defense mode. no expression he can also cast Trine which inflicts Blind and Silence.

Cool.

Zero doesn't need to fly.

True he's to busy being smashed into small pieces by Kefka's godly power.

Neo Darkhalen
Okay, he was just torn to pieces and it took a long time to repair himself while he hid.

no expression

Truth.

MooCowofJustice

Laser = Beam same thing I'm afraid.

Surely you played the game, I mean you're not coming into this Vs match without ever finishing FF VI and the only reason you have posted in here was because you played a couple of X games, I mean afterall if that was the case you have no basis to valadate your points on.

Actually no some of the spells he casts cannot be avoided or blocked in defense mode. no expression he can also cast Trine which inflicts Blind and Silence.

True he's to busy being smashed into small pieces by Kefka's godly power.

You're the one who made the entire post about the word "beam" being specific.

I've never so much as touched an FF game. That shouldn't matter though, you can tell me everything Kefka can do.

So which ones can miss and which ones can't? I'd enjoy it if you provided more information instead of attempting to criticize me for not playing the game.

Oh I see what you did there, yeah, that's very clever, congratulations. However, the real reason Zero doesn't need to fly is that he has his Z Buster.

NemeBro
He was torn to few enough pieces to be able to repair himself. And was capable of doing nothing else.

Also, he "destroyed" the world by rearranging the very landscape, continents, etc., it is more like remaking it.

MooCowofJustice
And was capable of doing nothing else.

Also, he "destroyed" the world by rearranging the very landscape, continents, etc., it is more like remaking it.

He moved to a completely different location before he even began repairing himself. He moved to a location secluded enough that nobody could find him.

So he didn't really destroy the world, he blew up mountains and carved out some new canyons with his big laser.

Burning thought
How fast can the Z buster fire and hit its target? before 3 seconds?

Neo Darkhalen
You're the one who made the entire post about the word "beam" being specific.

I've never so much as touched an FF game. That shouldn't matter though, you can tell me everything Kefka can do.

So which ones can miss and which ones can't? I'd enjoy it if you provided more information instead of attempting to criticize me for not playing the game.

Oh I see what you did there, yeah, that's very clever, congratulations. However, the real reason Zero doesn't need to fly is that he has his Z Buster.

Which wouldn't hurt him, I love it when fanboy's can't honestly hope to win yet still fight tooth and claw to do so.

You bought up the beam point first, I corrected you on how powerful it was.

And thanks btw for proving you have no valid opinion in this matter, not touching a final fantasy game, I mean I haven't played VI in a long time but at least I have finished it; I know about the characters.

And I would suggest you go play it as well, if not to get an insight into the characters but for the pure enjoyment of it, it really is a great game.

As for spells, Heartless angel cannot be blocked
Ultima can be but only if Kefka is preparing forsaken, otherwise it cannot be blocked.
I don't believe forsaken can be blocked either, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
If Vengence or Trine are sucessful then unless people are healed, you cannot do anything but be attacked.

Also it is true, Kefka would smash Zero in to small pieces.

Oh and I criticize because you really have no claim to your arguments.

ScreamPaste
Kefka's being over-hyped for a guy who couldn't handle an FF party, and has no real physical combat or speed feats.

Sure, Kefka's very powerful, but he has to actually hit Zero, who by Acrosurge's estimation moves at multiple machs, and is stronger than Megaman, who'd knock Kefka senseless. no expression If Zero lands his Zsaber, he wins.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Kefka's being over-hyped for a guy who couldn't handle an FF party, and has no real physical combat or speed feats.

Sure, Kefka's very powerful, but he has to actually hit Zero, who by Acrosurge's estimation moves at multiple machs, and is stronger than Megaman, who'd knock Kefka senseless. no expression If Zero lands his Zsaber, he wins.

His Havoc wing is a very fast attack; he does have the entire essence of magic absorbed into his being, I would agree with you if this was regular Kefka, but as a god he has so many powerful and varied spells and he did plunge the world into ruin without any real effort for him to realistically loose to Zero.

And he was up against a half human, half esper in Terra, the only other magical being in the world at that point who had her full power unlocked which is what lead to his defeat.

His strength feats sort of speak for the spells he casts, and most of them are pretty devastating, like Ultima or Havoc wing or the light of judgement.

ScreamPaste
Kefka's powerful in entirely seperate ways to Zero. Zero cou8ld never rearrange a continent, but I doubt Kefka could survive the explosion Moo mentioned earlier, either.

In straihgt one on one combat, my money is on Zero because he is so fast and so strong. I've never seen Kefka take a strike from someone as strong as megaman, who is not as strong as Zero. Megaman supported approx 400-1000 tons over his head.

MooCowofJustice
Which wouldn't hurt him, I love it when fanboy's can't honestly hope to win yet still fight tooth and claw to do so.

You bought up the beam point first, I corrected you on how powerful it was.

And thanks btw for proving you have no valid opinion in this matter, not touching a final fantasy game, I mean I haven't played VI in a long time but at least I have finished it; I know about the characters.

And I would suggest you go play it as well, if not to get an insight into the characters but for the pure enjoyment of it, it really is a great game.

As for spells, Heartless angel cannot be blocked
Ultima can be but only if Kefka is preparing forsaken, otherwise it cannot be blocked.
I don't believe forsaken can be blocked either, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
If Vengence or Trine are sucessful then unless people are healed, you cannot do anything but be attacked.

Also it is true, Kefka would smash Zero in to small pieces.

Oh and I criticize because you really have no claim to your arguments.

You can stop being a prick any time now, thanks. **** dude, I don't even know what you're talking about. You're making statements about shit I haven't even said.

I said I've seen it, and it wasn't anything to compare to the space station crash. From there you essentially called me stupid for trying to debate when I hadn't played the game. Then you made a second post about the specifics of the word "beam." All I did was say I had never used the word beam.

Yeah, I saw that coming. Final Fantasy has never seemed like my type of game, so I've always avoided them.

Blockings, lovely. Do we have anything at all about them being able to be dodged?

Based on what? His big laser that hasn't been shown to produce the kind of force Zero has taken? His attacks that we don't even know can be dodged or not?

I'm going by what you're telling me, and what I know about Zero. If you want to just stop talking then go ahead, otherwise you should really help me out here and stop with the pointless argument.

SuperLuigi

every final fantasty villian loses to the party, except kuja who killed everybody before dying.

Neo Darkhalen
You can stop being a prick any time now, thanks. **** dude, I don't even know what you're talking about. You're making statements about shit I haven't even said.

I said I've seen it, and it wasn't anything to compare to the space station crash. From there you essentially called me stupid for trying to debate when I hadn't played the game. Then you made a second post about the specifics of the word "beam." All I did was say I had never used the word beam.

Yeah, I saw that coming. Final Fantasy has never seemed like my type of game, so I've always avoided them.

Blockings, lovely. Do we have anything at all about them being able to be dodged?

Based on what? His big laser that hasn't been shown to produce the kind of force Zero has taken? His attacks that we don't even know can be dodged or not?

I'm going by what you're telling me, and what I know about Zero. If you want to just stop talking then go ahead, otherwise you should really help me out here and stop with the pointless argument.

Angry fanboy's do make me laugh, grow up, I proved why you can't have a point just like I did Nemisis, don't think I will give you special treatment, if you have never played the game and don't know the character(s) you shouldn't post, simple as.

Now if you don't mind, I'll be talking to someone who is actually civil.

Kefka's powerful in entirely seperate ways to Zero. Zero cou8ld never rearrange a continent, but I doubt Kefka could survive the explosion Moo mentioned earlier, either.

In straihgt one on one combat, my money is on Zero because he is so fast and so strong. I've never seen Kefka take a strike from someone as strong as megaman, who is not as strong as Zero. Megaman supported approx 400-1000 tons over his head.

If Kefka could not indeed survive such an explosion then he would never have survived when he destroyed the world and that was on a much larger scale then the space stations crash, again proven Zero was servilely damaged during the crash and had to be repaired.

What happened to Kefka during the apocalypse, he became a god and gained a substantial increase in power.

Kefka's magic is generally based around long range attacks Ultima has a very large field of attack and casting blind/silence, would blind Zero making him unable to attack or move at optimum speed, Kefka could then cast Vengeance which removes any positive attributes and still retains silence/blind, he could then use Havoc wing twice in succession to cut Zero up into small pieces, use the massive ranged unblockable Ultima or wait and charge up forsaken, kefka could do all of this from the safety of the air.

Strength means nothing if you can't touch Kefka, sure Zero could lift more then Megaman but that does him little good if he can't physically touch Kefka.

MooCowofJustice
Angry fanboy's do make me laugh, grow up, I proved why you can't have a point just like I did Nemisis, don't think I will give you special treatment, if you have never played the game and don't know the character(s) you shouldn't post, simple as.

Now if you don't mind, I'll be talking to someone who is actually civil.

If Kefka could not indeed survive such an explosion then he would never have survived when he destroyed the world and that was on a much larger scale then the space stations crash, again proven Zero was servilely damaged during the crash and had to be repaired.

What happened to Kefka during the apocalypse, he became a god and gained a substantial increase in power.

Kefka's magic is generally based around long range attacks Ultima has a very large field of attack and casting blind/silence, would blind Zero making him unable to attack or move at optimum speed, Kefka could then cast Vengeance which removes any positive attributes and still retains silence/blind, he could then use Havoc wing twice in succession to cut Zero up into small pieces, use the massive ranged unblockable Ultima or wait and charge up forsaken, kefka could do all of this from the safety of the air.

Strength means nothing if you can't touch Kefka, sure Zero could lift more then Megaman but that does him little good if he can't physically touch Kefka.

Alright, you want to be a prick, be a prick. But your point is just so true, because I obviously can't know anything about Kefka until I've played the game. You and everyone else here are obviously too stupid to tell me what I need to know. I mean, that's just how it is, right? And you're the one who started the whole thing of being uncivil. Don't blame the things you start on me.

Tell me something useful now?

NemeBro
Kefka can fly out of Zero's reach before he can use the Z Saber, and can kill him in one shot because being in a space station that crashed is not the same as tanking a direct attack.

That good enough for you?

MooCowofJustice
Z Buster.

Please. Someone explain to me how the laser produces the same force as the space station crash.

NemeBro
Z Buster.

Please. Someone explain to me how the laser produces the same force as the space station crash. Cause he has the feats to show he can accurately hit Kefka while he is nuking from the sky?

Never said it did.

But Zero was in the space station, so he did not take as much force.

Sin_Volvagia

He was handling 12 people at once. He had to deal with:

1. Terra, a powerful magic user with an Esper form makes her something like a demi-goddess. She can also fly pretty fast.

2. Sabin/Mash, a powerful martial artist who shoot out beams, throw a couple of punches a second, and has super strength.

3. Celes, another magic user who can absorb elemental spells with her sword.

4. Umaro, who has incredible strength (even stronger than Sabin/Mash). He can also spit out a blizzard-like beam.

5. Mog, a geomancer.

6. Cyan, a samurai who is supposed to have the strength of 100 men

7. Relm, who can paint pictures of her opponents and make them come to life.

8. Setzer, who took an airship down with a couple of playing cards

9. Shadow, your classic ninja

10. and others

Let's not forget that each of them were powered up by the espers, so every one of them (except Umaro) is a magic user. Sephiroth had it easy.

Cyner
Ok you guys arguing against Zero's durability feats don't understand the state of disrepair he was ALREADY in when the space station crashed into the earth and then he still managed to put himself back together. As much as I don't like Zero, he's just ridiculous in his own games.

This short video will pretty much tell you everything you need to know about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNW5-apbE54

Edit: Sephiroth didn't have it easy when I had Cait Sith rollin up on him

MooCowofJustice
That's way different from what I thought, likely better for Zero's durability though.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Cyner
Ok you guys arguing against Zero's durability feats don't understand the state of disrepair he was ALREADY in when the space station crashed into the earth and then he still managed to put himself back together. As much as I don't like Zero, he's just ridiculous in his own games.

This short video will pretty much tell you everything you need to know about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNW5-apbE54

Edit: Sephiroth didn't have it easy when I had Cait Sith rollin up on him .......That's it?

So...He was protected by his own ship when it crashed, and later blown to shit in one shot by Sigma?

Lol.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
He was handling 12 people at once. He had to deal with:

1. Terra, a powerful magic user with an Esper form makes her something like a demi-goddess. She can also fly pretty fast.

2. Sabin/Mash, a powerful martial artist who shoot out beams, throw a couple of punches a second, and has super strength.

3. Celes, another magic user who can absorb elemental spells with her sword.

4. Umaro, who has incredible strength (even stronger than Sabin/Mash). He can also spit out a blizzard-like beam.

5. Mog, a geomancer.

6. Cyan, a samurai who is supposed to have the strength of 100 men

7. Relm, who can paint pictures of her opponents and make them come to life.

8. Setzer, who took an airship down with a couple of playing cards

9. Shadow, your classic ninja

10. and others

Let's not forget that each of them were powered up by the espers, so every one of them (except Umaro) is a magic user. Sephiroth had it easy.

Exactly.

.......That's it?

So...He was protected by his own ship when it crashed, and later blown to shit in one shot by Sigma?

Lol.

I find his hopeless reasoning's for Kefkas defeat laughable as well.

I'd humor him if this wasn't so damn stupid, that and he wasn't such a dick, but alas I don't expect many fanboys to be civil.

Cyner
.......That's it?

Lol.

lolno

He crashed the ship into the space station then proceeded to have an epic battle with Sigma where at the end of which he was blasted through. X thinking that Zero was dead, left the space station before it hit the earth because they had done all they could to stop it then it crashed and somehow Zero was still alive enough to put himself back together.

MooCowofJustice
.......That's it?

Lol.

Are you ****ing serious? He was at the epicenter of an explosion that would have destroyed the planet had he not stopped it. From tanking that explosion he beats Sigma 1 on 1 and then survives with his torso and one arm left. Surviving like that, he gets shot through the chest and manages to finish of Sigma anyway. Then he STILL survives all of that to come back in X6.

NemeBro
OH.

So he was one-shot by Sigma BEFORE it exploded?

Lol.

MooCowofJustice
Are you catching something from BT?

NemeBro
He was, with a single shot from Sigma, taken down, to the point where Magaman was convinced he was dead.

Also, take a look at the crashed satellite, does it really look in THAT bad shape to you? What it destroyed on impact is irrelevant, it is not in too bad a shape.

MooCowofJustice
He had already defeated Sigma to a point where he was as broke down as the Zero you saw at the end was. That was Sigma being Sigma and not being able to take being defeated, so he tries to kill X and Zero with his last shot. Zero still took the colony explosion and defeated Sigma. Which order it happened in, I'm not sure.

Zero blew up the colony in space so that it would save the Earth, it still hit Earth but a lot less of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.