Human torch v wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zinaldo
Eh i love human torch but i know that his biggest power is the nova but i do wonder if that would be enough to really do damage to wolverine with that adamantium body of his.

Parmaniac
Torch takes it Wolverine has nothing to throw at him, in a comic Wolverine would beat him but here is another story

Juk3n
Torch wins everytime on here.

SuperLuigi
if wolverine can last 17 hours he takes it easy. i doubt he would be K.O.'d by torch before then.

Juk3n
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
if wolverine can last 17 hours he takes it easy. i doubt he would be K.O.'d by torch before then.

he wont be ko'd with all his major organs melted? confused

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by zinaldo
Eh i love human torch but i know that his biggest power is the nova but i do wonder if that would be enough to really do damage to wolverine with that adamantium body of his.

Since when does he have an adamantium body? confused

KingD19
Wolvie takes a large majority. Torch can't put him down, or hurt him for any significant amount of time, and one slash from the canuck puts him down for good.

leonidas
johnny utterly destroys logan 10/10 with cis off. a comic would be different than a forum battle. on the forum, johnny annihilates him.

KingD19
How, melt all his skin and organs, wait a few minutes then Wolvie heals and the battle starts over?

leonidas
not if johnny keeps melting him. and he only needs to be ko'd for a couple minutes to win on the forum.

and if his brain has melted, then what? i don't think he's ever regenerated his entire brain, though i could be wrong. jin or BH would know better . . .

KingD19
His brain ain't gonna melt, it's inside his adamantium skull, it might fry, but never melt all the way. If it could've, it would've when Nitro bombed Stamford.

And I think they should give Wolverine a special rule, if you can't keep him permanently down, then him healing is okay.

Like WWH knocking him unconscious constitutes as a win, but with him still being awake while healing, I don't think it counts, especially since the only reason he can't move is because he doesn't have muscles.

Actually, Torch frying him might not work, he was dipped in molten metal before, and a couple seconds later he climbed out of the vat, and walked away, his footsteps still leaving molten holes in the floor.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by KingD19
His brain ain't gonna melt, it's inside his adamantium skull, it might fry, but never melt all the way. If it could've, it would've when Nitro bombed Stamford.

And I think they should give Wolverine a special rule, if you can't keep him permanently down, then him healing is okay.

Like WWH knocking him unconscious constitutes as a win, but with him still being awake while healing, I don't think it counts, especially since the only reason he can't move is because he doesn't have muscles.

Actually, Torch frying him might not work, he was dipped in molten metal before, and a couple seconds later he climbed out of the vat, and walked away, his footsteps still leaving molten holes in the floor.

the heat would go trough his eyeholes and destroy his entire brain, to the WWH thing do you think when there's nothing left of him except the skeleton he wouldn't be unconsious?

last I would consider the molten metal thing PIS how could he move without muscels etc?

KingD19
Never said it wasn't PIS, but it happened. On panel evidence my friend. However, they didn't show his body, so he probably got out while he was still losing skin, and as the liquid dripped off, he already started healing.

There was something about how his skeleton was altered so that very thing couldn't happen. He even has tiny chains to keep his limbs from dislocating and what not.

And when Nitro blew up Stamford, Logan was right in the middle of it, he was instantly incinerated down to his skeleton, and he was awake the whole time, including healing back to normal in a couple minutes. If heat could go through his eyes, it would have happened then.

leonidas
yeah, well there is no special logan rule. so johnny wins everytime. another, even more certain way for him to win would be to superheat the air around logan and suffocate him. suffocation is one way he DOES die, and no regeneration is gonna save him.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, well there is no special logan rule. so johnny wins everytime. another, even more certain way for him to win would be to superheat the air around logan and suffocate him. suffocation is one way he DOES die, and no regeneration is gonna save him.

Parmaniac

Mindset
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/AKsKILLS/reporter_explosion.gif

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/AKsKILLS/reporter_explosion.gif

I had this as a video before my external HD crashed this is so awesome laughing

StiltmanFTW
And when Nitro blew up Stamford, Logan was right in the middle of it, he was instantly incinerated down to his skeleton, and he was awake the whole time, including healing back to normal in a couple minutes. If heat could go through his eyes, it would have happened then.

He wasn't awake the whole time. Nitro did knock him out.

Originally posted by jinzin

Wolverine has his throat ripped out and is then tossed into a river. An hour passes by and we're treated to a STRONG suggestion that Wolverine can't be drowned to death.
1. http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7421/nodrownuo5.jpg

Pre-judged
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Torch takes it Wolverine has nothing to throw at him, in a comic Wolverine would beat him but here is another story

You believeings in these characters beings consistent?

My wife... she is dead! You likings!

jinzin
HT wins this every damned time, Wolverine's only hope would be plot devices, and environment and even then it's an uphill battle, straight up fight with Torch is bad news for Logan.

BTW: thankyou Stilt

tkitna
There is no way for logan to win this.

Pre-judged
Originally posted by tkitna
There is no way for logan to win this.

Stabbings him after usings fire hoses

tkitna
Originally posted by Pre-judged
Stabbings him after usings fire hoses

Is this before or after he runs out of water balloons?

Junior Judge
Originally posted by tkitna
Is this before or after he runs out of water balloons?

Fire Hose work on Torch many times.

dmills
I'm sorry but a guy coming back from being completely incinerated internal organs and all, has to be within the realm of magic at that point, not just "healing factor" alone.

Master Court
Originally posted by Junior Judge
Fire Hose work on Torch many times.

Hai! And Torch say "ow, my ass", as the Logan Wolverine Man use claws on Fire Man's fire hole.

big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Human Torch every single time.

Master Court
Ditto.

On my previous post, I was just practicing my broken English.

wolfpack86
In comics (which is the only true gauge) Wolverine wins. In these biased versus forums all fliers/ranged/cosmics win.

geshien
Originally posted by wolfpack86
In comics (which is the only true gauge) Wolverine wins. In these biased versus forums all fliers/ranged/cosmics win.

pnoaj8b2bGM

wolfpack86
Originally posted by geshien
pnoaj8b2bGM

Thanks for that??? It sucks.

Master Court
But it makes perfect sense when you think about it.

wolfpack86
Originally posted by Master Court
But it makes perfect sense when you think about it.

What?

geshien
Originally posted by wolfpack86
Thanks for that??? It sucks.

http://www.hybridcars.com/files/imagecache/article_lead_image/files/graphics/south-park-smug-313.gif

wolfpack86
Originally posted by geshien
http://www.hybridcars.com/files/imagecache/article_lead_image/files/graphics/south-park-smug-313.gif

Nice.

KingD19
Originally posted by dmills
I'm sorry but a guy coming back from being completely incinerated internal organs and all, has to be within the realm of magic at that point, not just "healing factor" alone.

Deadpool has regenerated from a puddle.

dmills
Yeah but isn't Deadpool banned from Death's realm or something to that effect?

Mindset
Yea

KingD19
Yeah, death don't want him. But even before that, he probably would have regenerated from a puddle, he's Deadpool.

Board Walker
You guys want to take on panel evidence to the extreme?

The narrator explained shortly after the nitro incident with wolverine, note that it is the narrator which says this. That wolverine can only die when he truly wants to, and that he will keep coming back regardless of what "kills" him, so yeah hows that for beyond magic for you.

Survivor19
Yeah, death don't want him. But even before that, he probably would have regenerated from a puddle, he's Deadpool.
WRONG!!!
Death did want him, but Thanos wouldn't have any of that, and organised Deadpool's resurrection.
Now, Thanos was banned from Death's realm for some time. Now that he finally got there, poor Wade lost his date (see latest Deadpool)

Do you know that Wolverine vs. Angel of Death situation, when he could return every time he defeated angel of Death in neitherworld? And that now he lost that ability, so that his HF and such will never be on that level anymore?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Survivor19
WRONG!!!
Death did want him, but Thanos wouldn't have any of that, and organised Deadpool's resurrection.
Now, Thanos was banned from Death's realm for some time. Now that he finally got there, poor Wade lost his date (see latest Deadpool)

Do you know that Wolverine vs. Angel of Death situation, when he could return every time he defeated angel of Death in neitherworld? And that now he lost that ability, so that his HF and such will never be on that level anymore?

Not that I know of, narrator just said, Wolverines can come back as long as he has the will to exist in this world still. Alot like his willingness to live

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Board Walker
Not that I know of, narrator just said, Wolverines can come back as long as he has the will to exist in this world still. Alot like his willingness to live

If you had continued to read Wolverine, you would've seen that what Survivor said was true. If you had continued even further, you would've seen that what he said changed once more.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
If you had continued to read Wolverine, you would've seen that what Survivor said was true. If you had continued even further, you would've seen that what he said changed once more.

Which I did not, which is why I said "Not that I know of"

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Board Walker
Which I did not, which is why I said "Not that I know of"

Yes, well, trust Survivor.

Regardless, Wolverine needs a lot of time to heal and it's not like he has any way of reaching Johnny.

Survivor19
If you had continued to read Wolverine, you would've seen that what Survivor said was true.
Yes, well, trust Survivor.
cool

BUSTER1
Johnny takes this.

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He wasn't awake the whole time. Nitro did knock him out.

hmmm . . . i recall an editor saying logan could die via suffocation. i think it was alluded to in the arc with tiger shark as well, but i'd need to check.

meh. i wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't die that way. it's no more or less ridiculous than a lot of what they've done to logan.

Parmaniac
hmmm . . . i recall an editor saying logan could die via suffocation. i think it was alluded to in the arc with tiger shark as well, but i'd need to check.

meh. i wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't die that way. it's no more or less ridiculous than a lot of what they've done to logan.

yeah funny (or better said dumb) what Marvel has done with Wolverine and if you take a look at the official Marvel site it feels like a slap in the face to logic laughing

Source: http://marvel.com/universe/Wolverine

Despite the extent of his healing factor, Wolverine is not immortal. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form, such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid, Wolverine can die.

hurray for Marvel... http://wow.ingame.de/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Placidity
Not according to this guy!

"Can Wolverine Die?" Topic

Originally posted by Placidity

Throwing him into the sun will work aswell.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
He been in the sun before..........

Parmaniac
no expression

did he mentioned an issue number or something on the sun thing?

Survivor19
Why, he really was. Thing is, it was just a corona, and Jean got them both outta there.

Kris Blaze
When was Wolverine in the sun?

That incident where he was approaching it in New X-men?

StiltmanFTW
Yes.

For anyone that hasn't seen it:

Originally posted by jinzin

Wolverine and Jean Grey are aboard a space craft that was sent towards the sun by a Zorn; Wolverine stands there, his healing factor
attempting to heal while being incinerated, talking while the Phoenix holds his form together
1. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4712/sundf4.jpg
2. http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2840/jeaniehf2rr2.jpg
3. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6836/sun3ck9.jpg
4. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4468/sun4yw0.jpg
5. http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6199/sun5ze6.jpg
6. http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3783/jeaniehf6jm5.jpg

And back on topic... w/o some special stipulations, this is spite. Surprised it's still open, tbh.

dmills
The absurdity of some of these healing feats is exactly why, with a few exceptions, I only read cosmic Marvel titles. $5 says wolvies insane healing is explained by him being some demi gods avatar!

weaponx510
im probabley the biggest wolverine fanboy around here and i will admit torch would take this 10/10.....unless they were in a cage were wolverine can jump up and reach him

gobstakid777
johnny curbstomps

Sir Faceman
Spite. There is nothing Wolverine can do here. All Johny has to do is stay up 100 feet and begin the B.B.Q.

Digi

Wait. Wut?! Was this a tie-in? I don't remember him at Stamford.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Sir Faceman
Spite. There is nothing Wolverine can do here. All Johny has to do is stay up 100 feet and begin the B.B.Q.
fried wolverine meat...droolio

h1a8
I believe KO is a win here. Burning sufficient flesh off Logan will result in a ko. Wolverine would just heal while in the koed state. And if Torch can get hot as a star then possibly he can disintegrate every cell on Logan's body besides the adamantium. Thus no healing back from that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Digi
Wait. Wut?! Was this a tie-in? I don't remember him at Stamford.

That happened in Big Sur, California.

In Stamford Logan just picked up Nitro's scent.

Warlord
torch

Master Court
Originally posted by h1a8
I believe KO is a win here. Burning sufficient flesh off Logan will result in a ko. Wolverine would just heal while in the koed state. And if Torch can get hot as a star then possibly he can disintegrate every cell on Logan's body besides the adamantium. Thus no healing back from that.

Can Torch's powers achieve nuclear fusion? If not, I doubt he really reaches the true heat of a star. It's probably a technicality, like reaching the temperature of the surface of a star.

Anyway, flesh can be incinerated at comparatively low temperatures. Since Logan's not immortal anymore, Torch oughta be able to put him down for good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.