100 shock troopers vs 100 501st troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
setting is on mustafar. everthing goes here.

truejedi
define a shock-trooper exactly. which shock troopers?

bayhunter12
shock troopers from ROTS.

Darth Subjekt
I'd say 501st. Weren't the cream of the crop so-to-speak?

truejedi
501st then.

Darth Subjekt
Well I was always under the impression that they were handpicked and specially trained to go on missions with Vader, and no one but them. But I could be mistaken.

Incanus
No, they started as an ordinary legion, but became the best of the best thru experience.

Hey Bay, wheres your pic of a trooper? shock or otherwise?

Darth Subjekt
After which were noted for their superiority and unrivaled tactics and abilities. Vader's Fist were the best of the clones and the 501st was initially assigned to Anakin for that reason.

Incanus
Yep.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
501st.

bayhunter12
I think it would be close but the shock troopers would take this. they were the emperors personal bodyguards.

DarthDaniel1001
Yeah, but we really haven't seen them fight and they weren't really the Emperor's personal bodyguards, they were just Coruscant security. They just happened to travel with him because they were the best other then the 501st who were reserved for Darth Vader. I say it's close but Vader's Fist triumphs.

Hewhoknowsall
501st stomps. Shocktroopers are simply predescors to stomtroopers...I think.

Darth Subjekt
Well here's where experience comes in to play. The rent-a-cops (just cause you called them security) that surrounded Palpatine weren't battle-hardened and battle tested. Especially not to the caliber of the 501st. The Emperor took special interest in the 501st due to all their success and victory record. They acted more as law enforcement with a little extra brutality thrown in there. They were never designed to be a deployable army, although they were the first to don the name "stormtroopers."

Hewhoknowsall
Exactly. Shocktroopers were probably used to dealing with the occational petty criminal, not an elite, uber pwning military force like the 501st.

Samurai100
501st

Slash_KMC
It's dead, man. Don't rape it.

Lord Lucien
Or light it on fire. Or recognize it as an animal. Cuz that's what we'd ca;; pyronecrobestiality. And that would be wrooong.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Or light it on fire. Or recognize it as an animal. Cuz that's what we'd ca;; pyronecrobestiality. And that would be wrooong. Typo fail.

Lord Lucien
Failtastic!

What's amazing is that I missed it. Huh.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Failtastic!

What's amazing is that I missed it. Huh.

Yeh, it isn't even a subtle typo, it aren't even letters.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Yeh, it isn't even a subtle typo, it aren't even letters. Grammar fail.

Hewhoknowsall
If you were to read a thread like this that got bumped from the "golden age" (2007ish to early/mid 2009ish) today, you'll obviously see the difference. Everybody is so logical and brings up good points, and then suddenly everybody is saying random stuff wink

truejedi
we need new material. But i'm in mourning over snapping at wolfie, not knowing it was him. So ignore everything i say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.