Sentry vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
who wins?

xJLxKing
Hmm tough fight. I'll go with Sentry if he puts his act together

Naija boy
tough one . Vulcan could probably drain the sentry heavily and i think the energy within him is what gives him his physical attributes so id say vulcan wins.

Lostedge
Sentry

Warlord
Sentry due to speed and mind attack (if he decides to use that)

The Nuul
Much better....ummm....cant decide right now.

Slaanesh
if he's serious(his eyes become black)..i give Sentry 10/10..

KingD19
IF he brings out the Void personality, then yeah, Sentry takes this, but only if he keeps it physical, if he starts with the energy blasts, then he's in Vulcan's court, and he'll quickly dominate, more than likely using Sentry's own energy against him.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Warlord
Sentry due to speed and mind attack (if he decides to use that)

when has Sentry showed the ability to attack someones mind?

As far as I know he doedn't know how to use his mental powers offensily

KingD19
The only thing I remember Sentry doing with minds was calming Hulk down, and accidentally reading someones thoughts or something.

jalek moye
Isn't his aura that calms hulk actually

KingD19
Yeah, but it affected his mind so I counted it.

Priest
Sentry.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Priest
Sentry.

tkitna
I'm the biggest Sentry fanboy there is, but damn, he hasent had a good feat in eons. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever have another.

Sentry would probably still win a majority here if written correctly.

Warlord
Originally posted by jalek moye
when has Sentry showed the ability to attack someones mind?

As far as I know he doedn't know how to use his mental powers offensily

in the New Avengers annual where he faught the Super Adaptoid. It seems like Void was consuming the adaptoid but the writer (Bendis I think) also confirmed it was TP. Otherwise Absorbing man would have been taken over the void too

KingD19
The last good Sentry feat was him fighting Blue Marvel, who is a beast on the level of Thor, Hulk, Namor, all those guys. In fact, Namor said the only person who ever hit him as hard as Blue marvel was Hulk and Thor.

DarthZoom
Yeah, it all comes down to whether or not Omega Brat can manipulate Sentry's energy. Can't Sentry go at superspeed?

Warlord
He certainly can go at superspeed

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Warlord
He certainly can go at superspeed

Then wouldn't he just knock out him out before he can manipulate his power anyways?

Warlord
Possible. Sentry usually hesitates.
If he doesn't he should win

KingD19
Vulcan can act at super speed as well. He flew from Earth to Shi'ar space in not that much time.

And Vulcan can manipulate energy as soon as it's used. When Warlock attacked him, he hit him with a powerful spell, Vulcan shook it off, then drained him dry.

bbrem123
i dont think vulcan can suck sentry dry of his energy...seeing as it has never happened and was show to be to much energy for other to contain

KingD19
Well Vulcan is an Omega level energy manipulator, infinite potential to manipulate energy as he pleases. He doesn't even have to contain it, he could drain him, then shoot it off into space, while keeping his own energy reserves. If he can drain Warlock, who is extremely powerful in his own right, manipulating or even draining Sentry is not out of the question.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KingD19
Vulcan can act at super speed as well. He flew from Earth to Shi'ar space in not that much time.

And Vulcan can manipulate energy as soon as it's used. When Warlock attacked him, he hit him with a powerful spell, Vulcan shook it off, then drained him dry.

Travel Speed =/= Combat Speed/Reaction

A powerful spell? When did he ever do this?

Sentry makes Vulcan burn on a good day. Shit this dude overloaded the freaking Absorbing Man, and an amped Havok was outputting more energy that Vulcan could deflect or block. Vulcan though definitely has the powerset and potential to win if he can handle Sentry's supposed power.

Mindset
potential Exactly.

KingD19
Amped??? Havok was channeling the energy of a living star that was standing less than 10 feet away. That's about as powerful as he's ever gonna get.

Sorry, didn't mean powerful spell, he hit him with some type of magical energy, and Vulcan was surprised, but figured it was magic, then he absorbed it, and absorbed Warlock's own energy as well. (I got the powerful spell from when BB's bomb blew a hole in time and space, and he fixed it.)

Sentry did overload Absorbing Man, but that was inconsistent, sense Crusher has absorbed Asgard, Hulk, the world, etc..... Sentry might have been difficult, but he should have been absorbable.

Now, like I said in a much earlier post, if Sentry keeps this conflict purely physical, then he takes this in a stomp, but if he decides to use energy attacks, then Vulcan will swiftly take the upper hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Amped??? Havok was channeling the energy of a living star that was standing less than 10 feet away. That's about as powerful as he's ever gonna get.

Sorry, didn't mean powerful spell, he hit him with some type of magical energy, and Vulcan was surprised, but figured it was magic, then he absorbed it, and absorbed Warlock's own energy as well. (I got the powerful spell from when BB's bomb blew a hole in time and space, and he fixed it.)

Sentry did overload Absorbing Man, but that was inconsistent, sense Crusher has absorbed Asgard, Hulk, the world, etc..... Sentry might have been difficult, but he should have been absorbable.

Now, like I said in a much earlier post, if Sentry keeps this conflict purely physical, then he takes this in a stomp, but if he decides to use energy attacks, then Vulcan will swiftly take the upper hand.

Yes amped.

While basically powerless, Havok drained a Hodinn because their physiology is akin to Stars. That's supposed to be bring him to a level of power that's supposed to impress me? :/

Lol, no, not even close. That's not anywhere near as powerful as Havok has become in the past. Nowhere near as powerful. Nexus of Reality anyone?

Oh yes, the infamous "MAGIC IS JUST TEH ENERGY" feat. I lol'd at that.

Cool.

Sentry would stomp him physically true. Even in terms of energy on a good day Sentry can take him if he packs anywhere the power he supposedly has. Even the power output he has shown has been above what Vulcan has shown to handle. Throw in the fact that he can absorb energy from anywhere, and yes Sentry would win on a good day.

kakuzu
Some of you guys are acting like he can control the void or his telepathy? Vulcan controls energy, Sentry emits energy. Vulcan can forcefully force it out of Sentrys body before he has the chance to attack.

KingD19
Actually, Vulcan has never shown the ability to manipulate energy unless it's used. If they just have it, he can't manipulate it, barring the time when he had Darwin and the other's powers backing his own.

He did manipulate his own energy once that guy from the Imperial Guard took it from him, but since it was his energy to begin with, he could still manipulate it.

kakuzu
Actually, Vulcan has never shown the ability to manipulate energy unless it's used. If they just have it, he can't manipulate it, barring the time when he had Darwin and the other's powers backing his own.

He did manipulate his own energy once that guy from the Imperial Guard took it from him, but since it was his energy to begin with, he could still manipulate it.

Wrong. He did rip the energy out of that one guard who was trying to absorb energy from Vulcan.

Also Sentry will have to use his energy. He almost always displays it. Absorbing man, Hulk, Female Ultron, WWH.

KingD19
That's my point, he absorbed Energy from Vulcan. Vulcan said, the energy doesn't have to be inside me for me to manipulate it. He was referring to the fact that if you took energy from him, it would still be his to control.

kakuzu
That's my point, he absorbed Energy from Vulcan. Vulcan said, the energy doesn't have to be inside me for me to manipulate it. He was referring to the fact that if you took energy from him, it would still be his to control.

Yeah that means he can control the energy inside your body. Doesn't mean that you have to be using it. Then there would have been a remark that some one has be using it.

KingD19
Notice he didn't control the energy until the guy absorbed it from him. Vulcan can't manipulate anyone else's energy until it's used. Like he couldn't do that to Cylcops until he shot a beam at him.

Vulcan only controlled the energy because it was taken from him first.

Kasper Gutman
Didn't Sentry just recently die and bring himself back from the dead in Dark Avengers. That's a good recent feat. I may be wrong, missed the death issue but caught the reincarnation issue.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Didn't Sentry just recently die and bring himself back from the dead in Dark Avengers. That's a good recent feat. I may be wrong, missed the death issue but caught the reincarnation issue.

yeah he did. There is definitely alot of unrealised potential in the sentry.

Survivor19
Let us do a simple math.
Hudin is (for simplicity) a star. Planet-busting energy levels for sure.
Havok, while using its energy wiped the floor with Gabriel.
Sentry has power of, ahem, more then 100 exploding suns.
Therefore he can stomp Vulcan at least 100 times harder then Havok did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.