Force Battle: Yoda vs. Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
Who wins?

Slash_KMC
Yoda.

truejedi
what he said.

Red Nemesis
ok

CANDLE

Incanus
Teh Muffin Man

Yoda

Darth Truculent
Yoda hungover after St. Patricks Day.

Samurai100
galen marek knocks a starship out of orbit and makes it crash on yoda

Lord Lucien
Ha!

No.

Samurai100
he knocked an imperial star destroyer out of orbit

Slash_KMC
Ha!

No.

Clone Wars Logic FTW= watch from 5:20, if you dare.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Samurai100
he knocked an imperial star destroyer out of orbit And by "knocked... our of orbit" you mean "redirected a Star Destroyer that was already falling."

Samurai100

Lord Lucien

truejedi
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And by "knocked... our of orbit" you mean "redirected a Star Destroyer that was already falling."

QFT

gravity pulled that star destroyer down. Its canon, and indisputable.

truejedi

Darth_Glentract
Redirecting it still is really impressive, but Yoda is still much stronger I think.

Hewhoknowsall
Yoda

Samurai100
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Redirecting it still is really impressive, but as it is shown in ROTS yoda took time to throw back a senatorial pod

Ms.Marvel
in all seriousness though... what has yoda doen that wasnt shown in an exxagerated form that competes with galens canon stuff? from what i know it seems that galen has him beat feat wise.

Lord Lucien
The Clone Wars Cartoon, being canon, shows him rather easily slapping landing craft together. And apparently he lifted a mountain or something in one of the novels, iunno. Proportionally speaking, enhance the weight and velocity of the landing craft to match that of the Star Destroyer and the ratio of effort-to-object and I don't see Yoda failing where Marek succeeded ("succeeded"wink.

Ms.Marvel
the clone wars cartoon is canon but the makers have stated that the action is deliberately exaggerated only the events that happened within them are canon. the same with force unleashed the difference being the redirecting of the star destroyer wasnt an exaggerated game mechanic it was an event that furthered the plot and explained in the novel... whereas yodas plane crashing was eye candy. he canonically fought in the couracant battle but the fight itself was exaggerated...

i think ermm

Lord Lucien
...yeah. Where's this?

Weltall
Mr is correct. Aside from it being officially stated that the Clone Wars cartoons display exaggerated character feats, Yoda's feats in the Clone Wars cartoons are quite clearly inconsistent with his diplayed limitations in the higher form of canon: the movies.

Galen Marek wins.

SIDIOUS 66
Source people?

Ms.Marvel
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=star-wars-clone-wars-qa-david-filoni

truejedi
the mountain feat is correct. And in ROTS, if you didn't notice, he took time to get spin on the pod, so that Sidious couldnt' block it. HE wasn't worried about the length of time it took, because Sidious hadn't thrown anymore pods, thinking that Yoda was struggling with the one.

Darth_Glentract
Yoda was capable of matching Sidious though. Therefor, if we wanted to do a feat far for Marek we could apply most of Sidious' feats to Yoda.

Nephthys
At one point Marek confidently thinks that he could knock over the fake jedi temple- http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/16/Jedi_Temple_TFU.jpg- with a single force push. Don't underestimate him.

Dunno, these two are very equal. Galen might, might edge it.

truejedi
THINKING he could knock over a pile of junk is now an impressive feat?

Red Nemesis
Anakin has the most impressive feat of anyone then:

I... I'm stronger than the Emperor. I can overthrow him!

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Anakin has the most impressive feat of anyone then:

I... I'm stronger than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him! Fixed

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=star-wars-clone-wars-qa-david-filoni

The maker of the new Clone Wars series has no say on what is C-canon, and what's not.

Weltall
He would realistically have a pretty good estimation of his telekinetic abilities however.

truejedi
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
The maker of the new Clone Wars series has no say on what is C-canon, and what's not.
didn't you see Gideon's post from Leland Chee? Chee pretty much says EVERYTHING is canon.

EDIT: If not directly contradicted by something else, that is.

Red Nemesis
Poor Nebaris.

Nephthys
C'mon, the fact that he would even think that is pretty damn impressive. Even if he's waay off track, say 50%, thats still extremely impressive. Plus it matches his consistent power-level.

Also in the book is one point where he replicates the bridge force push from that clone wars link, except for 360 degrees. I believe its refered as him shredding the droids in that point.

truejedi
thats not that impressive though DE, even if he COULD do it. think about it. It was a building made out of junk. What was the chance it had anywhere NEAR the same strength as an actual structure.

Bladewind
Marek. Just look at his attacks.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bladewind
Marek. Just look at his attacks. ...Ow. My brains. Ow.

Slash_KMC
My spleeeeeeeeeeen!! Nonsense... hurt... spleen.

Lord Lucien
After watching 300 again, I think I can finally settle the Spartan vs. Samurai debate with a Spartan win. I mean, did you see Leonidas in that movie? Just look at his attacks!

Slash_KMC
I haven't seen 300.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I haven't seen 300. Britney Spears makes an appearance.

Slash_KMC
That trick doesn't work on me... anymore.

mattatom
That trick doesn't work on me... anymore. Scarily, it's true.

truejedi
he doesn't mean the parody slash.

Slash_KMC
It's still a no.

Lord Lucien
It's still a no. ...

Wow, you're like a constant downer, huh?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Wow, you're like a constant downer, huh?

Yes, yes I am. Take that you happy people with your dreams and hopes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.