dark phoenix v galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zinaldo
EH hello guys i see that some people don't rate dark phoenix that much but she was deemed to be able to swallow the sun still not get hurt so that would make her quite powerful.

Galactus i know survived or came from the big bang and is the creator of powerful heralds such as silver surfer,tyrant and morg so he is damn strong aswell but i still think phoenix would beat him.

gobstakid777
Dark Phoenix-"I WILL DEFEAT YOU!!"
Galactus-"What's that drumstick down?Well, haven't eaten in a while and I love hot wings.."
Dark Phoenix-"Wait, what are you doing?!"
Galactus-(chomping)

G-Dizzle for the Winnizle

zinaldo
I bet he won't be that easy but i can see where you are coming from.
But when you look at it both are almost god like,galactus being there since the big bang and being able to give people the cosmic powers makes him rather powerful.

Phoenix is certainly powerful aswell and has been known for eating planets if i am not mistaken,i know galac does aswell, she has also the super nova wich is twice to 4 times what the human torch is capable of.

Survivor19
geek

Dark Phoenix is known for eating stars. She is messy eater, though.

Don't know how to respond to that in a way that'd reflect my true feelings and won't be too offensive.

So, i'll go with: if you lack knowledge, don't go displaying it on the open.

zinaldo
Ok i read or heard, i can't really recall so what is super nova,at least what it said was that dark phoenix could do a twice as powerful super nova but feel free to correct me,i am not one to get mad over this kinda of things, i am here to learn as i haven't been able to follow this stuff and i am trying now again.

DarthZoom
Dark Phoenix, Normal Phoenix took down Galactus.

redhotrash
Galactus ultimately nullifies her

galactusischere
depends on how well-fed galactus really is

galactusischere
Originally posted by DarthZoom
Dark Phoenix, Normal Phoenix took down Galactus.

A starving galactus....
what about the other 2 encounters?

one where Rachel submited to Galactus
and the other one where Phoenix tried to reason with big G?
She fled after big G ate the planet

DarthZoom
Originally posted by galactusischere
A starving galactus....

one where Rachel submited to Galactus

I wouldn't say he was starving. He was feeding. I don't think it said anywhere on panel that he was starving.

galactusischere
I wouldn't say he was starving. He was feeding. I don't think it said anywhere on panel that he was starving.

The full Phoenix force is more powerful than big G
Dark phoenix isn't
n ya he was weak read what he says after he loses the battle

DarthZoom
The full Phoenix force is more powerful than big G
Dark phoenix isn't
n ya he was weak read what he says after he loses the battle

I understand that he was feeding. But she pretty much wiped the floor with him.

galactusischere
I understand that he was feeding. But she pretty much wiped the floor with him.

she did beat him but didn't "wipe the floor with him"
if she did she couldve prevented the damage to the planet by easily defeating him..

DarthZoom
she did beat him but didn't "wipe the floor with him"
if she did she couldve prevented the damage to the planet by easily defeating him..

He was on his knees at the end. And that was the whole point he made to her, that in fighting him the planet was destoryed anyways and that she was no better then him because of what she did to the D'Bari system.

galactusischere
He was on his knees at the end. And that was the whole point he made to her, that in fighting him the planet was destoryed anyways and that she was no better then him because of what she did to the D'Bari system.

galactus when hes devoured his worldship would be >>>>>>>>>>>DP

and full phoenix force would be >> galactus(not really sure about this one)

gobstakid777
I'd say full phoenix force and full G-Diddy are bout equal

xJLxKing
This fight all depends on how fed Galactus is. We have never seen him "fully fed", so I ain't using that version. On average, DP wins.

galactusischere
Originally posted by xJLxKing
This fight all depends on how fed Galactus is. We have never seen him "fully fed", so I ain't using that version. On average, DP wins.

galactus after he absorbed his worldship was near full power
that galactus >>>>>>>>>> DP

xJLxKing
galactus after he absorbed his worldship was near full power
that galactus >>>>>>>>>> DP
I don't think he was near full power. I believe it was stated that he would only reach full power if he ate eternity, or the universe.

Xplosive
A starving galactus....

one where Rachel submitted to Galactus

She willingly gave herself up to Galactus. She would win the battle, if they were to fight.

I don't know for that 3rd encounter, except in What if Universe, where G left and said he could have defeated her, if the battle continued. Of course then in the end DP destroys that alternate universe with a burst of power.

h1a8
I don't like to use ABC logic unless it applies so
IMO I don't think Dark Phoenix can take a Celestial. No way in hell.
Yet Big G can take several of them if sufficiently fed. So it does depend on how well Galactus is fed.

Eternal Idol
Galactus gives her the cosmic pimp-hand.

occultdestroyer
Galactus.

Dark Phoenix is relatively weak compared to White Crown Phoenix.

While WC Phoenix <= Galactus.

Xplosive
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't like to use ABC logic unless it applies so
IMO I don't think Dark Phoenix can take a Celestial. No way in hell.
Yet Big G can take several of them if sufficiently fed. So it does depend on how well Galactus is fed.

When did Galactus defeat several Celestials? And only time when Galactus and Phoenix actually fought, he wasn't a match for her. It was actually quite an easy win for the Phoenix.
Dark Phoenix isn't WPOTC and is limited, but I still think she would be able to take him down.

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Xplosive
When did Galactus defeat several Celestials? And only time when Galactus and Phoenix actually fought, he wasn't a match for her. It was actually quite an easy win for the Phoenix.
Dark Phoenix isn't WPOTC and is limited, but I still think she would be able to take him down.

I agree, as I said the normal Phoenix brought him to his knees. And while he was feeding, he wasn't starving.

Also to the poster that said she fled afterwards, that was because he pointed out that she had destoryed an entire star system before and she was ashamed. She won the battle of power, he won the battle of logic. And when did Galactus take on Celestials? Was it a "What if?" comic?

h1a8
So let me get this straight. You guys don't think that a fully fed Galactus can take on a few Celestials? Isn't he supposed to be equal to Eternity when fully fed?

If you guys think dark phoenix can take on a fully fed Galactus and win then you shouldn't be discussing at this forum.

DarthZoom
So let me get this straight. You guys don't think that a fully fed Galactus can take on a few Celestials? Isn't he supposed to be equal to Eternity when fully fed?

If you guys think dark phoenix can take on a fully fed Galactus and win then you shouldn't be discussing at this forum.

Thats your opinion. Has Galactus on panel ever taken on a celestial? And everyone has an opinion, we don't need to insult them over it.

starlock
Dark Phoenix wins and easy...i love Galactus..but c'mon..its so evident from past encounters and such....the.."oh a fully fed..blah..blah..blah galactus" is so played out here on the boards.

Xplosive

It's different what we/you think. You said that he can take on several Celestials? Where did he do that?

Lostedge
Galactus wins. Atleast he has somekind of reason for the being weak at times (not eating). Rachel / Jean powers varie between being a alpha mutant and being as powerful as eternity.

Put if it just part of Phoenix Force then Galactus wins if he is well fed. On a bad day even the X-men can hurt Dark Phoenix.

Also Phoenix Force should be weaker than Galactus and Galactus should be stronger than one Celestial. Should be ... but isn`t necessarily.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Lostedge
Galactus wins. Atleast he has somekind of reason for the being weak at times (not eating). Rachel / Jean powers varie between being a alpha mutant and being as powerful as eternity.

Put if it just part of Phoenix Force then Galactus wins if he is well fed. On a bad day even the X-men can hurt Dark Phoenix.

Also Phoenix Force should be weaker than Galactus and Galactus should be stronger than one Celestial. Should be ... but isn`t necessarily.

He recently owned Rulk...

DarthZoom
Originally posted by Lostedge

Why should the Phoenix Force be weaker? It's brought him to his knees before.

h1a8
It's different what we/you think. You said that he can take on several Celestials? Where did he do that?

Superman has never taken several human dogs yet it is clear he can.
It's been stated Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over when fully powered. It also has been stated that he is equal to Eternity when at full power. The problem is that Galactus is almost never at full power when we see him. Thus we judge him based off seeing a non potentialized version. There is no evidence anywhere to support that a couple of Celestials combined with Dark Phoenix can destroy the universe 10x over.

DarthZoom
It's been stated Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over when fully powered.

Where was that stated?

Knowsbleed33
It's been stated Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over when fully powered. It also has been stated that he is equal to Eternity when at full power. The problem is that Galactus is almost never at full power when we see him. Thus we judge him based off seeing a non potentialized version. There is no evidence anywhere to support that a couple of Celestials combined with Dark Phoenix can destroy the universe 10x over. Originally posted by Xplosive

????

Xplosive

Not a good comparison and still didn't do it. I do think Galactus is more powerful than a Celestial though.

It's been stated Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over when fully powered. It also has been stated that he is equal to Eternity when at full power. The problem is that Galactus is almost never at full power when we see him. Thus we judge him based off seeing a non potentialized version. There is no evidence anywhere to support that a couple of Celestials combined with Dark Phoenix can destroy the universe 10x over.

A small portion of the Phoenix Force was able to collapse the Multiverse.

h1a8
Not a good comparison and still didn't do it. I do think Galactus is more powerful than a Celestial though.

A small portion of the Phoenix Force was able to collapse the Multiverse.

This is Dark Phoenix and not the Phoenix Force. Also, I don't believe the Phoenix Force can collaspe a multiverse or a universe. Sorry. sad

Xplosive
This is Dark Phoenix and not the Phoenix Force. Also, I don't believe the Phoenix Force can collaspe a multiverse or a universe. Sorry. sad

Dark Phoenix is Phoenix Force. It is limited though, but so is portion of the Phoenix Force.
Yeah, you don't believe it, but that doesn't matter, since it was already on the way and also Roma stated that.

occultdestroyer
White Crown Phoenix = fully-fed Galactus

Dark Phoenix... meh.. it could go either way, depending on Galactus's hunger level.
(His hunger level is a shitty plot device if you as me)

gobstakid777
Galactus tells her to get back on the corner and get him his money

DarthZoom
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
White Crown Phoenix = fully-fed Galactus

Whats makes you say that? Normal Phoenix had him on his knees.

occultdestroyer
Whats makes you say that? Normal Phoenix had him on his knees.
I don't think he was fully-fed though.

DarthZoom
True but he wasn't shriviled up either.

So if a Normal Phoenix (whos weaker then Dark Phoenix or WCP) can bring him to his knees. Whos to say that Dark Phoenix can't take on a fully fed version.

When has Galactus ever even been fully fed? As it's explained in the comics, the moment he finishes feeding, he's hungry again.

Xplosive
About fully fed Galactus. When Galactus isn't hungry, means he is fed and has full power at his disposal for a short time. When you eat, you aren't hungry and you have energy for one full training. And the best is when you have energy from light food, so that a stomach isn't heavy. Your body is fed and you have maximum energy for a fight, training,...
When you eat too much, your energy is actually lower, because of body using it so much to digest it and you have to go to sleep. So much about that. But when you eat well, means you are not hungry and have full energy to train and so on... but then again you become hungry and weaker.
When Galactus eats well, one planet, I think he has full power and energy at his disposal for a battle. I never saw him complaining when he ate.
He had full power against FP Tyrant. He wasn't starving when Phoenix brought him down. Enough this nonsense about him fully fed and full power. When he is hungry, he is weak, but that goes for every living being who depends on nutrition. You make Galactus so much special about that while he isn't different and is the same as human in that department. Because in difference of energy between him and human, his meal is much bigger than that of a human, hence his meal being a planet.
Normal Galactus is Galactus who feels well and isn't hungry at all. That should mean he has full power at his disposal, energy to pack a full punch. When he drains it, he must eat again. But like I said, that also goes for humans, animals and so on...

In my opinion normal Galactus is Galactus who isn't hungry and is fed and has full energy on his disposal.

weaponx510
Any way DPheonix eats stars my nig big G eats planets glactus wins 10/10

Xplosive
Dark Phoenix crushes him.

h1a8
About fully fed Galactus. When Galactus isn't hungry, means he is fed and has full power at his disposal for a short time. When you eat, you aren't hungry and you have energy for one full training. And the best is when you have energy from light food, so that a stomach isn't heavy. Your body is fed and you have maximum energy for a fight, training,...
When you eat too much, your energy is actually lower, because of body using it so much to digest it and you have to go to sleep. So much about that. But when you eat well, means you are not hungry and have full energy to train and so on... but then again you become hungry and weaker.
When Galactus eats well, one planet, I think he has full power and energy at his disposal for a battle. I never saw him complaining when he ate.
He had full power against FP Tyrant. He wasn't starving when Phoenix brought him down. Enough this nonsense about him fully fed and full power. When he is hungry, he is weak, but that goes for every living being who depends on nutrition. You make Galactus so much special about that while he isn't different and is the same as human in that department. Because in difference of energy between him and human, his meal is much bigger than that of a human, hence his meal being a planet.
Normal Galactus is Galactus who feels well and isn't hungry at all. That should mean he has full power at his disposal, energy to pack a full punch. When he drains it, he must eat again. But like I said, that also goes for humans, animals and so on...

In my opinion normal Galactus is Galactus who isn't hungry and is fed and has full energy on his disposal.
Galactus could probably eat 10 planets at a single sitting before being fully powered. Who's says one planet makes him fully powered? Non starving doesn't equal fully powered no matter how you slice it.

It is common knowledge that Galactus is equal to a fully powered abstract when fully powered. We just don't know how much he needs to be fully powered.

h1a8
I don't believe Dark Phoenix can beat Odin.

Xplosive
Galactus could probably eat 10 planets at a single sitting before being fully powered. Who's says one planet makes him fully powered? Non starving doesn't equal fully powered no matter how you slice it.

It is common knowledge that Galactus is equal to a fully powered abstract when fully powered. We just don't know how much he needs to be fully powered.

No, when he eats a planet, he is fed. Nothing wrong with him. He feels well. And if he feels well, he can produce full energy, it's just that he drains quickly and must eat again. Nothing weird here.

Until I see something different from him, normal Galactus is a fed Galactus who has full energy until he drains it. To keep this full energy, he should constantly drain something during the battle.

DarthZoom
Galactus could probably eat 10 planets at a single sitting before being fully powered/B]

Have they ever actually showed him on panel being fully powered? From what I've seen as soon as he's done feeding, he says "The hunger is upon me again".

gobstakid777
g-diddy is nvr full fed and if he is, isn't he like at eternity level

DarthZoom
Originally posted by gobstakid777
g-diddy is nvr full fed and if he is, isn't he like at eternity level

Where was that stated?

h1a8
Where was that stated?

I believe in his respect thread somewhere.

h1a8
Didn't Dark Phoenix get disintegrated by a kree weapon?

Bouboumaster
Doctor Doom, after stealing the Power Cosmic from Galactus, ate Taa II and went against the Beyounder, and while he got pwned, he survived it. Do the math.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Doctor Doom, after stealing the Power Cosmic from Galactus, ate Taa II and went against the Beyonder, and while he got pwned, he survived it. Do the math.

So? Am, that means or you want to say that he had a better showing against Beyonder than LT and pretty much whole MU together. So that means Galactus power>whole MU universe.

When someone survived against Beyonder, it was only because Beyonder wanted it that way. Galactus against Beyonder is like an ant against Beyonder. Literally no difference for Beyonder.

If Galactus would do good against Scarlet Witch, it would be only because Wanda would allow it.
Even for Scarlet Witch there is no difference between an ant and Galactus, literally, let alone Beyonder.

Utrigita

While that line of thinking works fine with a human it's completely nonsense when looking at the history concerning Galactus. Galactus is as a being, depending on Energy in order to survive and Galactus never takes more then is required for his survival hence we will always see him as sated when having eat a planet, I'm also sated when I have eaten my evening meal that doesn't however mean that I can't eat anymore, the real difference is that where the food will hamper me, in Galactus case it'll just increase the power at his disposal (more on that later). In Galactus "battle" with Hyperstorm we learned that Galactus has a hunger that can never truly be sated that alone makes him very different from the human that you are trying to connect his hunger to. A Human can be sated with sufficient Food (as mentioned above and by yourself), if your line of thinking was in any way correct Galactus wouldn't have eaten Taa II (the Greatest scientific energy source in the universe, unless of cause you think that Taa II contains as much energy as Warworld did) when he was going to battle the Beyonder (please keep in mind that he was going to eat Warworld and the Sun Afterwards because he was going to need according to Reed all the energy he could get) he would have eaten Warworld instead of destoying his own "world" if you hypothesis was to hold any weight at all. Secondly it has NEVER been stated ANYWHERE that Galactus when he battled Fully Powered Tyrant was at Full Power, if you have scans that cements that Statement I for one would very much like to see them and I will immidiately concer if you haven't I'll take it as your own personal unsupported opinion. Thirdly when Galactus was going to engage Depowered Tyrant in combat, his comment (when feasting) to Morg was that Morg had made a excellent choice (Morg himself commented that he had found a planet with alot of proteins), so to Galactus the energy level in the planet has a relevance to the level of power he archive when feasting upon it, a Human can eat a large potion of Spaghetti ore a Beef with potato's and be fed in both instances, however that doesn't apply to Galactus the planets (ore other consumable items like his worldship) plays a part in the overall powerlevel he archives. To say one planet devoured = Full powered Galactus is plain wrong.

DarthZoom
Didn't Dark Phoenix get disintegrated by a kree weapon?

If you mean at the end of The Dark Phoenix Saga, she allowed that to happen in order to protect the X-men.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Utrigita
In Galactus "battle" with Hyperstorm we learned that Galactus has a hunger that can never truly be sated that alone makes him very different from the human that you are trying to connect his hunger to.

That is why I said he would need to constantly drain energy during a battle. And he was feeding on Hyperstorm energy, but he still wasn't seen as something special. And still, there is no important difference between Galactus and human. Human hunger can also never be truly sated (only temporarily), whole life. He actually always need to eat, always, no difference actually. He constantly need energy from food. No difference. Actually, when Galactus eats, he can endure more than human.

Secondly it has NEVER been stated ANYWHERE that Galactus when he battled Fully Powered Tyrant was at Full Power, if you have scans that cements that Statement

Ok, then let's go that way. You do know that it wasn't stated for many beings not being at their full power. Then we can also say that Tyrant was never at full power, because in time he could grow more powerful than he was against Galactus. See.

To say one planet devoured = Full powered Galactus is plain wrong.

I said for a short time and still stick to that. I mean, Galactus has never been really impressive. That is why it's almost always thrown excuses by his fans that he was hungry or if he wasn't hungry, he didn't eat enough. Galactus isn't anything special and that is it. That is why he didn't have some impressive feats. During BA it was shown what he would be able to do, but that didn't happen.

And then someone might say; it wouldn't be good to have Galactus at full power, too dangerous or... We have seen far more dangerous and powerful beings than Galactus could ever be, so no excuses there. He just isn't what he is made out to be, never was, that is why he doesn't have some feats.

Hungry or not, when he fought Phoenix he talked to her as equal, actually we could see that he considers Phoenix as more dangerous as himself. And he also said that Phoenix is a danger to the whole Omniverse.

Galactus also too quickly wears down to be dangerous to other really powerful beings.

Utrigita
That is why I said he would need to constantly drain energy during a battle. And he was feeding on Hyperstorm energy, but he still wasn't seen as something special. And still, there is no important difference between Galactus and human. Human hunger can also never be truly sated (only temporarily), whole life. He actually always need to eat, always, no difference actually. He constantly need energy from food. No difference. Actually, when Galactus eats, he can endure more than human.

Which isn't correct, Galactus have showed to go through numerous battles without the need for having his energy resupplied if he his powerlevel previously was high enough, The whole Magus incident points this out rather well. The difference is that Human hunger can be sated, a human body is unable to continue eating for a infinite amount of time, Galactus can because his hunger is never sated fully, a Humans hunger can be sated. Hence the comparison between Galactus and a regular Human doesn't hold.

Ok, then let's go that way. You do know that it wasn't stated for many beings not being at their full power. Then we can also say that Tyrant was never at full power, because in time he could grow more powerful than he was against Galactus. See.

I don't at all see how that in any way helps you previous statement that Galactus was at full power in his initial confrontation against Tyrant. We are only refering to Tyrant as at full power at that time because he was at that point of time much stronger then in his depowered form, also while Galactus gave his creature the same weakness as himself, we have no real way of knowing what exactly the weakness meant to Tyrant's powerlevel during the confrontation between him and Galactus, maybe Tyrant needed like Galactus to replenish his energy, maybe he was drained only when using, perhaps he only had the hunger etc.

I said for a short time and still stick to that. I mean, Galactus has never been really impressive. That is why it's almost always thrown excuses by his fans that he was hungry or if he wasn't hungry, he didn't eat enough. Galactus isn't anything special and that is it. That is why he didn't have some impressive feats. During BA it was shown what he would be able to do, but that didn't happen.

You are entitled to your own opinion. Again it has never been shown on panel that Galactus, when eating a single planet, would reach the same level of energy as he would when devouring Taa II and even then he wasn't at full capacity. The "excuses" are mentioned in the relevant comics but ofcause I can see how that from a point of view can be looked at as being a fanboy. No breaking the power of five cosmic containment units isn't a impressive feat I agree.

And then someone might say; it wouldn't be good to have Galactus at full power, too dangerous or... We have seen far more dangerous and powerful beings than Galactus could ever be, so no excuses there. He just isn't what he is made out to be, never was, that is why he doesn't have some feats.

It's to dangerous against the opponents that he is being pitted against on the forums, ofcause a being like the Living Tribunal, Merlyn, MJJ, etc Galactus powerlevel wouldn't mean a thing since he would get defeated anyway, but posters already knows that against those beings Galactus, in any sharp ore form (unless he gets the ultimate plot device the UN), doesn't stand a chance, hence the reason why he isn't pitted against them on this forum.

Hungry or not, when he fought Phoenix he talked to her as equal, actually we could see that he considers Phoenix as more dangerous as himself. And he also said that Phoenix is a danger to the whole Omniverse.

In what instance? the one where he was Hungry (mentioned on panel for your information) ore the one where he, from my point of view, showed that he could and had the authority to erase the Phoenix from the Universe? and whether one chooses to see the Phoenix force itself as the threat on the same level and in the same way as the little green midget (can't recall his name) is up to one self I suppose.

Galactus also too quickly wears down to be dangerous to other really powerful beings.

Galactus doesn't need to be Dangerous to the previous mentioned beings above, in order to be dangerous to the rest of the Universe.

I also rather enjoyed how this post turned into a flame Galactus.

DarthZoom
Utrigita, it's not about flamming Galactus, your taking it too personally. You obviously like the character, but the facts are that he does drain quickly when faced with other high end cosmics and Phoenix has brought him to his knees before.

"ore the one where he, from my point of view, showed that he could and had the authority to erase the Phoenix from the Universe?"

When was this? Issue name and number please, because I have never heard of this.

Utrigita
Utrigita, it's not about flamming Galactus, your taking it too personally. You obviously like the character, but the facts are that he does drain quickly when faced with other high end cosmics and Phoenix has brought him to his knees before.

"ore the one where he, from my point of view, showed that he could and had the authority to erase the Phoenix from the Universe?"

When was this? Issue name and number please, because I have never heard of this.

I dislike when a person uses roughly 70% of his post to deliver a imput I can't see the relevance off in the given context (Galactus powerlevel after devouring a planet). The only time Phoenix and Galactus have fought was at a planet Galactus was intending on devouring. Also what High End Cosmic are you refering too? Galactus has never faced the Beyonders, The Living Tribunal, Mad Jim Jaspers, Jamie Braddock, Havok with the Nexus, Captain Britain with the sword of Excalibur, HoM Wanda, and so on. These are imo what can be refered to as High End Cosmic. Phoenix isn't imo in that group.

Excalibur #25

I know Xplosive, ID, Starlock, LordKaos, GS and more has a different angle hence I added in my opinion.

Xplosive
In what instance? the one where he was Hungry (mentioned on panel for your information) ore the one where he

That is why I said hungry or not, Galactus knows who he is and still he thought PF is even more dangerous than himself. At least, it seemed that way in my opinion.

I could also kill stronger human than me, if they would willingly let me do it.

I have no doubt PF could also kill Galactus.

Utrigita
That is why I said hungry or not, Galactus knows who he is and still he thought PF is even more dangerous than himself.

As mentioned above if it's caused by the same chain of event as caused by the little green midget, then all respect to that, but then her line of thought is more dangerous then her power itself.

I could also kill many stronger humans than me, if they would willingly let me do it.

I could kill many stronger Humans regardless whether ore not they would let me do it if I knew martial arts and they don't. Strength isn't always the deciding factor.

I have no doubt PF could also kill Galactus.

Galactus showed imo that he could kill the Phoenix, and the Phoenix showed that she could kill a weakened Galactus. I stand by my previous statement, Galactus was going to imo erase Phoenix regardless if it was going to be with his Machine (with is just a extension of his power but not capable of producing a affect on the same scale as him) ore his own Personal power.

DarthZoom
I dislike when a person uses roughly 70% of his post to deliver a imput I can't see the relevance off in the given context (Galactus powerlevel after devouring a planet). The only time Phoenix and Galactus have fought was at a planet Galactus was intending on devouring.

Well thats not the only time, but it is the most current and she did bring him to his knees. He was beaten, he simply drove her off by calling her a hypocrite based on what she did to the D'Bari system.

Just curious, if you were to list Phoenix's power set, what would you put down?

Xplosive
I could kill many stronger Humans regardless whether ore not they would let me do it if I knew martial arts and they don't. Strength isn't always the deciding factor.

I hope you know what I wanted to point out with that quote.

DarthZoom
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/phideltusc/Galactus.jpg

I just thought everyone would like this LOL

Utrigita
Well thats not the only time, but it is the most current and she did bring him to his knees. He was beaten, he simply drove her off by calling her a hypocrite based on what she did to the D'Bari system.

What other time did the Phoenix engage Galactus in a battle? I'm curious to know really, and yes I know.

Just curious, if you were to list Phoenix's power set, what would you put down?

Energy Projection, Reality Warping, Time/space Control, Universal Level of Telekinese down to a sub atomic level, Telepathy to I believe unknown degree (Universal?), Energy Manipulator, Forcefield Projection, Teleporting, etc.

Utrigita
I hope you know what I wanted to point out with that quote.

I'm fully aware of that, I hope you understand my point too though.

DarthZoom
What other time did the Phoenix engage Galactus in a battle? I'm curious to know really, and yes I know.

Excalibur #24-25

Also she can drain the life energy of others. So in theory she could actually feast on Galactus.

Xplosive
In a fight between Dark Phoenix and Galactus, Galactus would eventually wear out and Dark Phoenix would smash him.

Utrigita
Excalibur #24-25

They didn't fight in that Comic, The only thing Phoenix did iirc was to grip Nova in a telekinetic Grip and throw her at Galactus.

Also she can drain the life energy of others. So in theory she could actually feast on Galactus.

Just like Galactus in theory could feast of the Phoenix Force? Problem is that to my knowledge neither have drained energy of a being of either calibre.

xJLxKing
Isn't Abraxas considered a powerful cosmic being. Didn't he like kill Galactus'

Utrigita
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Isn't Abraxas considered a powerful cosmic being. Didn't he like kill Galactus'

Yes he did, he killed alternate Galactus' across the Multiverse.

Imo Abraxas is powerful but ultimately "nothing" more then a debatable Multiversal Being, I didn't mention him in league with the the showed, stated and theory based marvel omniversal beings, because he isn't up there imo.

DarthZoom
Just like Galactus in theory could feast of the Phoenix Force? Problem is that to my knowledge neither have drained energy of a being of either calibre.

Doesn't Galactus need his equipment to drain energy?

Abraxas is indeed a very high end cosmic.

Utrigita
Doesn't Galactus need his equipment to drain energy?

No.

DarthZoom
No.

Any time I've seen him feed in the comics, it's been done through some form of machinery.

Xplosive
Imo Abraxas is powerful but ultimately "nothing" more then a debatable Multiversal Being, I didn't mention him in league with the the showed, stated and theory based marvel omniversal beings, because he isn't up there imo.

True.

Any time I've seen him feed in the comics, it's been done through some form of machinery.

He doesn't need it.

Xplosive
In the past I did defend Galactus many times. But when I think better and go and remember his showings, they just weren't really impressive.

His best showing for me was when he fought Tyrant. Tyrant was immensely powerful, but Galactus defeated him. Supposedly already the consequence was numerous galaxies being destroyed (and they didn't even bother destroying them, but power of the battle alone did that). Not to mention in their second encounter Tyrant was besting him.

Then he was supposedly capable of draining an Omniverse (time and space), which never happened. Could he? I don't know. Maybe, but it just didn't happen. And even if he did, I don't think he would endanger powerful cosmic beings with that at all. I don't think he would be capable of absorbing all.

Let someone remember me what else impressively comes from him?.

Utrigita

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Durability/ff25774co.jpg

Xplosive
Although I must admit that there also weren't some impressive feats from the Dark Phoenix.

Utrigita
I never understood why she destroyed that Star...

xJLxKing
She ate it.

Utrigita
I thought she just destroyed it.

Why did she devour the star?

Survivor19
She was feeding on it, causing it to lose stability and go supernova. BTW that means she can tank supernovas without any kind of trouble.

xJLxKing
I thought she just destroyed it.

Why did she devour the star?
I don't remember the reason. I can't bother to look at it right now. It's tucked away in my old closet; all the way in the back stick out tongue

I think it was for energy

Blanket
Suns? What about some star energy and 6 planets?

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=silversurfer198800915qj5.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=Absorbssun-SSv39.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=silversurfer198800919es9.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=silversurfer198800920am1.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=silversurfer198800921go7.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=silversurfer198800922ti9.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/?action=view&current=silversurfer198800923as8.jpg

galactusischere
It's different what we/you think. You said that he can take on several Celestials? Where did he do that? Read the black celestial arc.. sure it was an alternative story but it was 616 Galactus from the future.
same galactus same powers but basically a zombie. he was destroying everything

and Galactus is more powerful than DP but weaker than WPOTC

the Darkone
Galactus!!!

Xplosive
Read the black celestial arc.. sure it was an alternative story but it was 616 Galactus from the future.
same galactus same powers but basically a zombie. he was destroying everything

and Galactus is more powerful than DP but weaker than WPOTC

I already mentioned the BCA.

About Dark Phoenix. Wasn't it mentioned that stars won't be enough, it will start eating galaxies and then universe?.

galactusischere
I already mentioned the BCA.

About Dark Phoenix. Wasn't it mentioned that stars won't be enough, it will start eating galaxies and then universe?.

yes yes.. but BCA galactus was devouring every universe within marvel..
and ate a Celestial.. can DP do that?

Xplosive

That actually didn't happen.

And if Dark Phoenix would really eat 616, then I don't see a problem continuing to eat other universes.

But none of this happened actually.

galactusischere

it was going to happen if he wasnt stopped

Xplosive
So I was correct, it didn't happen.. And like I said, if Dark Phoenix would really eat 616, then I don't see a problem continuing to eat other universes.

galactusischere
So I was correct, it didn't happen.. And like I said, if Dark Phoenix would really eat 616, then I don't see a problem continuing to eat other universes.

yes neither of them did destroy as much as they were claimed they could

Xplosive
The main reason I think Dark Phoenix wins is because I think Galactus would eventually wear out.

galactusischere
The main reason I think Dark Phoenix wins is because I think Galactus would eventually wear out.

it's not like he would lose all his power again after a few minutes when hes just fed.
and where was the Phoenix when G was destroying all reality the other abstracts interfered.

Mindset
he ated her!111

Creshosk
it's not like he would lose all his power again after a few minutes when hes just fed.
and where was the Phoenix when G was destroying all reality the other abstracts interfered. Oh please. Marvel's veruy inconsistant with their abstracts. where were the other abstracts during AOA or with the House of M events?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Creshosk
Oh please. Marvel's veruy inconsistant with their abstracts. where were the other abstracts during AOA or with the House of M events?

during HoM we actually see galactus with the other heroes being sucked into something(master m has the scans)

Creshosk
during HoM we actually see galactus with the other heroes being sucked into something(master m has the scans) And the others? I remember a chaos wave that threatened to destroy 616 and how vital 616 was and how much gdamage it was going to do... and the other abstracts?

galactusischere
And the others? I remember a chaos wave that threatened to destroy 616 and how vital 616 was and how much gdamage it was going to do... and the other abstracts?

well they were powerless and didn't interfere..
but they did attack thanos when he had the IG..

Yea ur right that logic wont fit in here

Xplosive
Against THOTI there were Celestials, all major Abstracts, Galactus, Hulk, Thor and even such beings, but there wasn't Phoenix Force. Not that it would make any difference, but they probably forgot it.

Blanket
Against THOTI there were Celestials, all major Abstracts, Galactus, Hulk, Thor and even such beings, but there wasn't Phoenix Force. Not that it would make any difference, but they probably forgot it. Probably because Jeanix got decimated early in the arc.

Xplosive
I've read it more times (although years ago), but don't remember that. Hm... probably, if you say so.

Blanket
I've read it more times (although years ago), but don't remember that. Hm... probably, if you say so. It was like in the first/second issue iirc.

Mr Master

and ate a Celestial..

can DP do that?
it was going to happen if he wasnt stopped

So I was correct, it didn't happen..
The only reason Galactus didn't complete his absorption of the Omniverse,
is because HE stopped himself, by erasing himself from existence.

So yea it didn't happen,
but it didn't happen because of Galactus.
(NO one else was able to stop what was happening)

And if Dark Phoenix would really eat 616,
then I don't see a problem continuing to eat other universes.
DP has never come close to affecting 616 in that manner,
not ever.

The Phoenix Force has only destroyed two single alternate universes in its history,
and both incidents took place withIN 'What Ifs' ... erm

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mr Master
So yea it didn't happen,
but it didn't happen because of Galactus.
(NO one else was able to stop what was happening)

Yeah right. There are more powerful beings than Galactus, so I don't accept that no one would be able to stop him or what was happening.

Mr Master

where were the other abstracts during House of M events?
They were torn to pieces by Wanda.

616 Eternity/Reality was completely re-arranged into Wanda's personal playhouse,
when she turned it into Reality

Mr Master

Yeah right. There are more powerful beings than Galactus, so I don't accept that no one would be able to stop him or what was happening.
Doesn't matter what you or I accept,
only facts are of consequence,
and the fact is that Galactus was going to absorb the Omniverse,
and the fact is that only Galactus was able to stop Galactus in that arc.

Xplosive
Doesn't matter what you or I accept,
only facts are of consequence,
and the fact is that Galactus was going to absorb the Omniverse,
and the fact is that only Galactus was able to stop Galactus in that arc.

Wait, wait. The fact is that he didn't do shit. He didn't absorb. The fact is that there are more powerful beings who could stop him, some of them easily. That is fact. He didn't do shit. Nothing.

Was going to,.. blah blah. He didn't. No one would be able to stop him. Yeah right.

Xplosive
And it's you that have to accept that the fact is that he didn't do shit.

Mr Master

Wait, wait. The fact is that he didn't do shit. He didn't absorb. The fact is that there are more powerful beings who could stop him, some of them easily. That is fact. He didn't do shit. Nothing.

Was going to,.. blah blah. He didn't. No one would be able to stop him. Yeah right.
no expression

And it's you that have to accept that the fact is that he didn't do shit.
Again, opinions out of thin air are inconsequential,
fact is, Galactus did "do shit" ... he was eating All of Time & Space:

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2114864_11ms5.jpg

"Galactus who's busy wolfin' (eating) down all of Time and Space"

----

And we know Ben wasn't just talking, (Reed said even more)
cause Galactus was literally growing in size,
as he fed on Time & Space, ... yes, as he fed on Eternity/Infinity

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1518619_G_eats_Uni.jpg

"Still the Giant doth continue to Grow"

Reed responds:

"Eventually, Thor, he would span the entire Universe"

---------------

So to say Galactus "didn't do shit" is a fallacy imo,
because Galactus was depicted on panel,
devouring what make up Eternity/Infinity,
and he was on his way to absorbing it all,
until he stopped himself, when nothing else seemed could.

I'm not too surprised,
another future version of Galactus
is known for creating the next Marvel Universe,
after destroying it all in a battle with Ecce.

*note* ... Galactus in this story, was recognized as an Omniversal threat,
across 3 separate Marvel titles: (Avengers/Fantastic Four/GOTG)

Creshosk
Yeah right. There are more powerful beings than Galactus, so I don't accept that no one would be able to stop him or what was happening. You're wasting your time. Mr. Master swallows hyperbole like we breath air.

Even if it makes no sense for what's stated to be true, he gets all hopped up on "Marvel said it! it must be true!"

Even though if Galactus can just absorb shit, then why the hell does he need a herald to find him a planet?

The absorbing thing was just stupidity for the sake of the plot.

RyTek
Big G FTW, DP is a light weight by comparison.

galactusischere
You're wasting your time. Mr. Master swallows hyperbole like we breath air.

Even if it makes no sense for what's stated to be true, he gets all hopped up on "Marvel said it! it must be true!"

Even though if Galactus can just absorb shit, then why the hell does he need a herald to find him a planet?

The absorbing thing was just stupidity for the sake of the plot.

because he doesn't want to destroy all reality.. and he only does what is neccecerilly(pardon the spelling) to survive

Creshosk
because he doesn't want to destroy all reality.. and he only does what is neccecerilly(pardon the spelling) to survive Well, that's a sorry excuse.

He can absorb the omniverse... but needs people to find him food sources... rather than say, he just absorbs enough of the local reality to get by, like he'd do anyway, with assitence...

Just stupid really.

galactusischere
Well, that's a sorry excuse.

He can absorb the omniverse... but needs people to find him food sources... rather than say, he just absorbs enough of the local reality to get by, like he'd do anyway, with assitence...

Just stupid really.

everyone's saying galactus other than u, xplosive and some other guy

and yes he doesn't wish to destroy his own reality..
during the IG story he and the other abstracts went all out on Thanos to protect their own reality

Bouboumaster

Just stupid really.

He sends his herald, because deeply, he cares for life.

h1a8

Yes there are more powerful beings than a typical Galactus. But that wasn't a typical Galactus. He already absorbed some mega things (like a Celestial).

Mindset

Just stupid really. Well, there's the whole thing with his character being created 40 years ago and they didn't think of that then, now his character is already established.

He could also eat stars that wouldn't affect any life, but he doesn't.

Xplosive
Yes there are more powerful beings than a typical Galactus. But that wasn't a typical Galactus. He already absorbed some mega things (like a Celestial).

I don't remember Galactus doing it, but I remember Franklin Richards doing it disguised as Galactus and it was an alternate universe.

Galactus wears out, Dark Phoenix smites him.

Creshosk
everyone's saying galactus other than u, xplosive and some other guy Ad populem. Invalid argument.

Years ago everyone was saying the earth was flat. Everyone was wrong. Years ago everyone was saying that disease is caused by an unbalance of humors or by bad smells. They were wrong. Years ago everyone said that you couldn't split the atom. Everyone was wrong.

"Everyone says" is an invalid argument.

and yes he doesn't wish to destroy his own reality..
during the IG story he and the other abstracts went all out on Thanos to protect their own reality And yet they didn't show up in any of the events where Phoenix saves reality.. or even in things like House of M with the Chaos wave.

Mr Master

And yet they didn't show up in any of the events where Phoenix saves reality..
Phoenix has never saved Reality under its own power,
she's always needed assistance.

In fact, in 616,
the only time Phoenix saved Reality was during the Mkraan incident,
and it took the spirits & power
of all the X-Men & some Starjammers helping her to do so.

or even in things like House of M with the Chaos wave.
The Omniverse (aside from 616) was torn to pieces,
Galactus was depicted on panel getting tossed like pollen in wind.

What the heck was any abstract gonna do,
when the entire freakin Marvel Omniverse was re-arranged by Wanda?

Xplosive

In fact, in 616,

Am, PF saved reality, but she needed help of small X-Men and Starjammers to save it. smile
She didn't need their power, what can they do to help, when such power is involved. She needed their support, spirit, will.

Well, you are right about that.

id369

In fact, in 616,

AoA reality was preserved thanks to the Phoenix.

Mr Master

Am, PF saved reality,
but she needed help of small X-Men and Starjammers to save it.

She didn't need their power, what can they do to help,
when such power is involved.

She needed their support, spirit, will.
False! ... please don't come with that gs inspired rubbish.

Phoenix NEEDED their power!

Clearly and literally stated on panel!

There's NOTHING even alluded to on panel about "support" or "will" ..

only power ...

... and the fact that she also needed their spirits,
to avoid being erased from existence by the Neutron Galaxy. (a universal destroyer)

nice try.

Mr Master
Originally posted by id369

AoA reality was preserved thanks to the Phoenix.
That's not 616 friend. smile

That's a single alternate reality,
which is a mote next to 616,
and an even more insignificant mote in the infinite prime Multiverse.

On top of that, the circumstances should be defined,
it's not like there was a universal destroyer stopped by Phoenix,
she stopped the "nukes" that would've cause a chain-reaction taking out the AoA reality.

The "nukes" were also stopped before they could engage on their mission though. erm

So it's not like she stopped them mid-way
while they were actually collapsing the AoA reality,
heck, they hadn't even taken out the Earth bound to AoA yet.

id369

Xplosive

Creshosk
You guys do know that you're debating with a known phoenix hater right?

There's no way he'll admit to anything and he'll twist as much as he can to downplay her.

galactusischere
You guys do know that you're debating with a known phoenix hater right?

There's no way he'll admit to anything and he'll twist as much as he can to downplay her.

and Xplosive is downplaying Galactus..

I mean if Dark PHoenix is actually more powerful than Galactus then marvel should really consider destroying the character once and for all in a comic, I mean hes one of the biggest victims of PIS, is always jobbing and loses to most beings with considerable power that he could win against..
with that being said I still say Galactus will win

Xplosive

I mean if Dark PHoenix is actually more powerful than Galactus then marvel should really consider destroying the character once and for all in a comic, I mean hes one of the biggest victims of PIS, is always jobbing and loses to most beings with considerable power that he could win against..
with that being said I still say Galactus will win

I didn't downplay Galactus. I just said that none of his feats were really impressive, at least in my opinion.

I still say Dark Phoenix wins and Galactus eventually wears out.

galactusischere
I didn't downplay Galactus. I just said that none of his feats were really impressive, at least in my opinion.

I still say Dark Phoenix wins and Galactus eventually wears out.

what's DPs biggest feat?
She doesn't have any impressive feats either.
and as for feats Galactus has defeated Tyrant which resulted in destruction of many galaxies.
has the UN
ate a celestial
and punk'd Abraxas...

Xplosive
what's DPs biggest feat?
She doesn't have any impressive feats either.

Although I must admit that there also weren't some impressive feats
from the Dark Phoenix.

Still, Dark Phoenix wins.

Knowsbleed33
How?

galactusischere

this is their other encounter
http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/5127/g1sm9.jpg

Creshosk
Originally posted by Xplosivehttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar61538_7.gif

mhmm

Creshosk
this is their other encounter
http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/5127/g1sm9.jpg That it?

Unless you've got more, a non-fight isn't evidence in a fight.

Xplosive
I see no difference Dark Phoenix taking Galactus down as Phoenix II did it. The worst for Galactus fans is that in straight up fight Rachel didn't even have trouble. It was an easy match up for her. I see the same for Dark Phoenix and Galactus. I see Dark Phoenix taking him down, then Galactus blabbing in trying also to save his ass (but wouldn't help this time) that Dark Phoenix is more dangerous than him and that soon stars won't sate her, but will move on galaxies and then universe.

galactusischere
I see no difference Dark Phoenix taking Galactus down as Phoenix II did it. The worst for Galactus fans is that in straight up fight Rachel didn't even have trouble. It was an easy match up for her. I see the same for Dark Phoenix and Galactus. I see Dark Phoenix taking him down, then Galactus blabbing in trying also to save his ass (but wouldn't help this time) that Dark Phoenix is more dangerous than him and that soon stars won't sate her, but will move on galaxies and then universe.

if she so easily defeated Galactus why didn't she do it quickly?
so that the planet wouldn't be damaged so much?
and Galactus aswell mentioned that he was starving

Xplosive
if she so easily defeated Galactus why didn't she do it quickly?
so that the planet wouldn't be damaged so much?
and Galactus aswell mentioned that he was starving

Actually, she did it quickly and quickly brought him to his knees. It was stupid on her part. But as the fight alone, it was an easy match for her.

galactusischere
Actually, she did it quickly and quickly brought him to his knees. It was stupid on her part. But as the fight alone, it was an easy match for her.

phoenix's greates feat is holding and repairing Eternity isn't that right?
Eternity was scared sh*tless of Abraxas and see how big G punked him..
"You hold nothing, you ARE nothing"

plus Galactus wields the Ultimate Nullifier
no way is phoenix going to top that especially a single avatar of the force

Mr Master

Creshosk
Mr Master
Today 11:50 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

Its so nice not having to read bullshit.

Mr Master

As you know yourself, he likes to exaggerate things when the PF is in the debate.
As we all know,
you like to swallow any bullshit that's thrown your way withOUT actually
researching for yourself the material.

This is why you end up with ludicrous claims like
"so only a fraction of the Phoenix-Force can collapse the Multiverse" durlaugh

I mean, are you freakin kiddin me?

If you'd actually read the arc for yourself,
you'd know the bias Phoenix wanking deceptive nonsense that is.

Fool! ... you wanna accuse me of shit dogs,
you best be ready to prove your worthless drivel son.

galactusischere
Mr Master
Today 11:50 PM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click

Its so nice not having to read bullshit.

instead of flamin master and galactus prove ur point how is phoenix going to beat galactus

Xplosive
phoenix's greates feat is holding and repairing Eternity isn't that right?
Eternity was scared sh*tless of Abraxas and see how big G punked him..
"You hold nothing, you ARE nothing"

Am, I didn't want to bring it up, but where did Galactus punk Abraxas? He didn't punk him. He didn't beat him in a fight. Let's not exaggerate.

This is why you end up with ludicrous claims like
"so only a fraction of the Phoenix-Force can collapse the Multiverse" durlaugh

I mean, are you freakin kiddin me?

If you'd actually read the arc for yourself,
you'd know the bias Phoenix wanking deceptive nonsense that is.

Then explain what was it? Why did Roma say that? I would love to read it from you, your bullshits.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7190/excalibur050p03.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/908/excalibur049p21.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/100/excalibur049p22.jpg

galactusischere
Am, I didn't want to bring it up, but where did Galactus punk Abraxas? He didn't punk him. He didn't beat him in a fight. Let's not exaggerate.

"You hold nothing.. you are NOTHING" takes away the UN
"The UN as much part of me as my heart"

So UN>>>Abraxas>>>>>>Phoenix
and g wields the UN

Genius Poster
This looks like a very original thread, probably only done 99999999999999999999 times on the internet. You guys obviously have lots of 'special wisdom'.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>