Ki-Adi-Mundi and Saesee Tiin vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
Setting is on mygeeto.

DarthDaniel1001
Maul kills both of them

bayhunter12
please explain how. both of these jedi are said to be top 10 swordsmen in the entire jedi order. mundi would probably die but tiin would finish maul.

Darth Subjekt
Maul. Up until he had to die for the sake of the story, he pwning OB1 and QGJ. Even together they were no match for him. And they were one of the most formidable teams in the order.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Maul. Up until he had to die for the sake of the story, he pwning OB1 and QGJ. Even together they were no match for him. And they were one of the most formidable teams in the order.

Obi Wan at that time was just a padawan, although he was close to becoming a knight. Here we have two jedi masters who are within the top 10 duelists in the order.

Darth Subjekt
Can you tell me where it states that they are in the top 10 duelists in the order? I don't think official sources state claims that way. Furthermore, prove that those two are as good a team as OB1 and QGJ.

OB1 had to tap into the darkside in order to even compete with Maul and was still outclassed. Add in the fact that Maul was injured when he was fighting the duo in TPM and it makes the feat even more impressive. Look how he wore out QGJ in their first brief encounter. He couldn't even stand while Maul just glared in anger at the fleeing ship.

It's stated somewhere that Maul was forged to be the perfect tool of the dark side.

Incanus
Maul kills them both off easily.

I dont think either of tem have a single feat to them, other than having less than a minute of screen time and the last part included a lightsaber killing them.

truejedi
Maul wins. Maybe not easily. Could end up similar to his fight in TPM. I would hope each of these Jedi Council members would be at least on the level of Padawan Kenobi. So since Kenobi gave him a run for his money for a short amount of time (and wasn't defeated by Maul's weapon, but by a force shove, that shoved him into a hole... without which said hole, the fight would have continued.) I think the master's should be able to make it an interesting fight at the very least. Ki gets owned by Grievous, not that impressive... Saesee is stated somewhere to be among one of the better bladesmiths in the order. (ROTS, LOE... I'm not sure. Could be a clone wars novel too...)

So.. Maul wins, but not without breaking a sweat.

DarthDaniel1001
I agree.

Raptor 7789
Yeah I agree too because it was kinda pure luck that OB1 was able to force-pull Qui-Gons lightsaber into his hand and slice through the unwary darth maul. It was sort of all set up for him, because it had to fit into the story. Maul wins, but not easily.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by truejedi
Maul wins. Maybe not easily. Could end up similar to his fight in TPM. I would hope each of these Jedi Council members would be at least on the level of Padawan Kenobi. So since Kenobi gave him a run for his money for a short amount of time (and wasn't defeated by Maul's weapon, but by a force shove, that shoved him into a hole... without which said hole, the fight would have continued.) I think the master's should be able to make it an interesting fight at the very least. Ki gets owned by Grievous, not that impressive... Saesee is stated somewhere to be among one of the better bladesmiths in the order. (ROTS, LOE... I'm not sure. Could be a clone wars novel too...)

So.. Maul wins, but not without breaking a sweat. This is what I don't get about you, and most people for that matter, and don't get me wrong - i don't have a problem with you at all but, you're saying that OB1 was only in that position because of that environmental circumstance right? You said without said hole, the fight would have continued. Yet in the other thread, you're saying that OB1 beat Anakin, and when Advent and I say it was because of the environment and surroundings, we're wrong for that? How does that work out exactly? Had there not been a lava river flowing about, then Anakin wouldn't have to jump and wouldn't haven gotten cleaved, hence the fight would have continued. Do you see that? I'm asking seriously too. Not trying to be a dick.

truejedi
This is what I don't get about you, and most people for that matter, and don't get me wrong - i don't have a problem with you at all but, you're saying that OB1 was only in that position because of that environmental circumstance right? You said without said hole, the fight would have continued. Yet in the other thread, you're saying that OB1 beat Anakin, and when Advent and I say it was because of the environment and surroundings, we're wrong for that? How does that work out exactly? Had there not been a lava river flowing about, then Anakin wouldn't have to jump and wouldn't haven gotten cleaved, hence the fight would have continued. Do you see that? I'm asking seriously too. Not trying to be a dick.

no,

i know that kenobi would have lost to maul. Eventually. Maul was better. The hole ended the fight when it did. However, given the amount of time the fight lasted, and the destruction of maul's saber, it couldn't be considered a fight where he was absolutely toying/destroying Kenobi. It was a fight in which (link to video posted in other thread) if Maul had been a split second slower coming off the ground, Kenobi would have killed him.

Maul was better, but the hole in the ground ended the fight sooner than it would have worked out with sabers.

The difference in the two is: advent is saying that Kenobi won ONLY because of the special environment. I am saying that Maul won EARLIER because of the environment.

She was arguing that ROTS Anakin would beat ROTS Kenobi in a rematch. I disagreed.

Here I am only arguing that Maul would have a decent fight on his hands, not that he would lose.

Does that make sense why the two situations are different?

BruceSkywalker
Maul ftw

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by truejedi
no,

i know that kenobi would have lost to maul. Eventually. Maul was better. The hole ended the fight when it did. However, given the amount of time the fight lasted, and the destruction of maul's saber, it couldn't be considered a fight where he was absolutely toying/destroying Kenobi. It was a fight in which (link to video posted in other thread) if Maul had been a split second slower coming off the ground, Kenobi would have killed him.

Maul was better, but the hole in the ground ended the fight sooner than it would have worked out with sabers.

The difference in the two is: advent is saying that Kenobi won ONLY because of the special environment. I am saying that Maul won EARLIER because of the environment.

She was arguing that ROTS Anakin would beat ROTS Kenobi in a rematch. I disagreed.

Here I am only arguing that Maul would have a decent fight on his hands, not that he would lose.

Does that make sense why the two situations are different? To a degree, yes. However, I'm still of the opinion that Anakin would have won under virtually any other circumstance. Hell, even if he was in the mind state that he was in when he was fighting Dooku earlier, in the same location, I think he still would have smashed OB1. I think the only thing (besides the environment and Anakin's mental state) that really helped OB1 last as long as he did, was not necessarily his form, but the fact that he and Anakin knew each other "more intimately than lovers," and therefore he knew all of Anakin's moves.

Granted, Anakin also knew OB1's moves (whatever OB1 choose to share with him) but being that he mastered his style to the degree that he did, he did Anakin little good. I mean if you know all of Royce Gracie's BJJ defenses, that doesn't mean you'll be able to pass them and submit him, you know what I'm saying?

I see your implied distinction, but I still.. I dunno... just came off wrong to me is all. No worries though.

ares834
Originally posted by Raptor 7789
What ever he says...
Switch your damn Avatar! This one is mine...

Council#13
Jedi pwn alwayz.

Darth Subjekt
...right....

truejedi
To a degree, yes. However, I'm still of the opinion that Anakin would have won under virtually any other circumstance. Hell, even if he was in the mind state that he was in when he was fighting Dooku earlier, in the same location, I think he still would have smashed OB1. I think the only thing (besides the environment and Anakin's mental state) that really helped OB1 last as long as he did, was not necessarily his form, but the fact that he and Anakin knew each other "more intimately than lovers," and therefore he knew all of Anakin's moves.

Granted, Anakin also knew OB1's moves (whatever OB1 choose to share with him) but being that he mastered his style to the degree that he did, he did Anakin little good. I mean if you know all of Royce Gracie's BJJ defenses, that doesn't mean you'll be able to pass them and submit him, you know what I'm saying?

I see your implied distinction, but I still.. I dunno... just came off wrong to me is all. No worries though.

Well, to address the Anakin wins anywhere else, I give you a pair of quotes:

ROTS, Pg. 397

"Blade-to-Blade they were identical. After thousands of hours in lightsaber sparring, the knew each other better than brothers, more intimately than lovers; they were complementary halves of a single warrior."

So.. in combat, they were identical. The difference in the two of them lies in the intangibles then. I give you intangible exhibit A for Obi-Wan.

Pg. 198
"Mace Windu looked around the half-empty Council Chamber with a deepening frown. 'And one last touch. Let's let the Chancellor know, through Anakin, that our most cunning and insightful Master--and our most tenacious is to lead the hunt for Grievous."

This sounds like a good plan, Obi-Wan said, But what master do you have in mind?

...it finally registered that all of them were looking at him.
"

Also, to contend your comment about the Anakin that faced Dooku:
Darkside Anakin faced Dooku, using his "rage as a weapon". He has a "heart of fury. (refer to 76-80)

The description of anakin from his fight with Obi-Wan is very similar.

Pg, 402: "creature of rage that had been his best friend."

I see no evidence to suggest that Darkside Anakin against Dooku was any different than Sith anakin against Obi-Wan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.