John McClane is in a scene from Taken.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://www.imfdb.org/images/a/a4/LFDH-BerettaPx4-6.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/fd/TakenMP5K-3.jpg
John McClane is inserted in the scene in Taken aboard the Arab yacht. McClane is armed with a Beretta 92F. He is in his regular street garments. The scene starts out with McClane jumping aboard the yacht. He must use stealth just as Mills did to gain the element of suprise. Then it will all be up to his skill in surviving, kicking ass, luck, hostage negotiation, and hand to hand combat. Kim is swapped out for his daughter Lucy Gennero-McClane. This will be his motivation. So does McClane survive and bring his daughter back to the states? Or will he die at the hands of the Arabs on the boat?

Rogue Jedi
Probably. The knife fight scene will push his damage soak to the limit.

Darth Martin
I say that guy with the knive kills him. He made Mills sweat. I doubt McClane could give Mills the same type of trouble. Mills is overall better than McClane. He's a better shot, calmer, and alot more talented and skilled hand to hand combatant.

Rogue Jedi
Mac lacks Mills h2h skills, but he uses his surroundings to his advantage far more efficient than Mills.

Darth Martin
Okay. That's gonna help on a yacht? He's not in a skyscraper here. No explosives.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, chairs, windows, desks, bottles, pencils, whatever.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude, chairs, windows, desks, bottles, pencils, whatever.

1. McClane's only means of being 'resourceful' is by driving cars into things.

2. He's not Jason Bourne.

gobstakid777
mcclane dies

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Placidity

2. He's not Jason Bourne.

hes better. this is true.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
1. McClane's only means of being 'resourceful' is by driving cars into things.

2. He's not Jason Bourne. You cant be serious.

steverules_2
You cant be serious.

You mean Mac is Jason Bourne! eek!

shifty

Rogue Jedi
No, the first one.

Sadako of Girth
McClane handles these situations one handed, often while scratching his testicles, and burping while nursing a hangover on his way to get a bowl of wheatos in the morning.

The death count would somehow be higher if McClane was in 'Taken'.

McClane's creativity on the battlefield is clearly more than "just driving cars into people" as seen in 4 movies..

Such insolance. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
bye bye McClane

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
McClane handles these situations one handed, often while scratching his testicles, and burping while nursing a hangover on his way to get a bowl of wheatos in the morning.

The death count would somehow be higher if McClane was in 'Taken'.

McClane's creativity on the battlefield is clearly more than "just driving cars into people" as seen in 4 movies..

Such insolance. stick out tongue

Truth be told, I think Mills takes McClane one on one.

But for the rest, you're right, the yacht battle would be childs play for McClane. The knife fight would be a bit tough though.

Everyone knows McClane eats lucky charms. Luck of the Irish and all wink

Darth Martin
Luck of the Irish and all wink **** the Celtics.

Rogue Jedi
Pistons rock

Sadako of Girth
Truth be told, I think Mills takes McClane one on one.

But for the rest, you're right, the yacht battle would be childs play for McClane. The knife fight would be a bit tough though.

Everyone knows McClane eats lucky charms. Luck of the Irish and all wink

McClane isnt gonna be bothered by the prescence of steel. He has killed people who were armed with more.

I do admit though, that if anyone stands a chance of inflicting a couple of defeats on McClane out of ten, Mills does.

His style is brutal and effective.

I see it going similar to the McClane/Karl fight.

Placidity
Qui Gon would kill the local fat cop.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe.

But not McClane.

And certainly not the the Jedi Jnho Enalccm. stick out tongue

Only one Jedi had made it through (McClane's record of) four movies alive. And it sure wasnt Qui-gon.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Mills, in rage mode, is on another level.

Sadako of Girth
A different level to most, sure.

As is McClane.

Rogue Jedi
No, PAST McClane yes

Sadako of Girth
I dont know..... Im not convinced.

He is respected. For sure.
He is on the Mr. Joshua/Karl level only smarter.

But Ive not seen he dish out much that the McClane endurance/luck qualities cant override.

Rogue Jedi
When completely focused on finding his daughter, in the zone as he was, he will, at the very least, pose a major threat to McClane. Mills makes his own luck.

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely. It'd be fight of the year, methinks.

And McClane makes, aids and abbets his own.

Rogue Jedi
Mills torturing that dude was epic.

Sadako of Girth
Yes. Its one of the funniest scenes I saw for while.
Good stuff.

I'd talk. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Best part was when he left and turned the dial to max haermm

EVIL.

Sadako of Girth
I wouldnt like to have to pay that electric bill.

Rogue Jedi
I wonder what dude would have looked like if someone found him a day later? Still shaking?

Darth Martin
Pistons rock **** them too.

And Mills>>McClane.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Darth Martin
Lakers all day buddy.

Sadako of Girth
I wonder what dude would have looked like if someone found him a day later? Still shaking?

Just charred, smokey remainants, I should think.

Robtard

Only one Jedi had made it through (McClane's record of) four movies alive. And it sure wasnt Qui-gon.

Na, Obi died on his 4th outing (A New Hope), McClane didn't.

Sadako of Girth
True...but...there is another..... stick out tongue

(Yoda stick out tongue )

Robtard
He died of old age, McClane only improves with the passing of time. ergo McClane > Yoda.

Should there be a DH5, I suspect McClane would have acquired enough power to tank a nuke.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud I sense youre right Im not a religious man, as you know, but I'd pray that DH 5 is made.. and made soon.

Your case for McGreen wrinky pwnage stands well.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Should there be a DH5, I suspect McClane would have acquired enough power to tank a nuke. Indy did...........

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but he sacrificed so much age that he had to fallover with CGI gophers 'comedically' laughing at him in his geriatric inabilty to stand unassisted by walkerframe.

(Evil bastard gophers, obviously..)

Some sacrifices just aint worth it.

Rogue Jedi
Indy and Mac were roughly the same age in their last movies yes

Darth Martin
McClane's last film rocked. Indy's ny account of my sources, granted, sucked.

Sadako of Girth
Indy and Mac were roughly the same age in their last movies yes

N-Hoooooooooooooo they werent.

Indy was in his 60s

McClane was just entering his fifties.

But even if they were in the same "not under 30" ball park, McClane just kicked more ass, then.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Indy did...........

No he didn't, he rode out a nuke while in the safety of a lead-lined fridge; that's far different than classic 'tanking'.

Still impressive though, overall. But as Sadako mentioned, the gophers sodomized and killed most of that impressiveness. For shame, it was.

Rogue Jedi
N-Hoooooooooooooo they werent.

Indy was in his 60s

McClane was just entering his fifties.

But even if they were in the same "not under 30" ball park, McClane just kicked more ass, then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones

The show provided some backstory for the films, as well as new information regarding the character. He was born July 1, 1899, and his middle name is Walton, Lucas's middle name.

The 2008 film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, became the latest film in the series. Set in 1957, 19 years after the third film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/trivia

John McClane's date of birth is revealed as May 23, 1955 when Thomas Gabriel looks at his dossier.

Live fre or Die hard is set in 2007, McClane is 52.

Indy and the Crystal travesty movie is set in 1957, Indy is 58.

Sadako of Girth
Today's levels of fitness rule over the old school fitness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.