The Descent 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Sequel to the great British horror film from 2006 is due in December.

Don't read the plot description in the link if you want surprises, or haven't seen the first one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Descent_2

What is evident, is that the original ending in the British one was just metaphorical, and not how the story actually ended. (People who have seen both the North American & British versions will know what I mean.)

MildPossession
Well for us Brits, it was how it originally ended and don't care how the sequel explains it quite frankly. It's still the original ending for us and she is still trapped and probably killed .

stick out tongue

Saying that, the sequel isn't getting amazing reviews, mostly it's a decent attempt at the sequel but rather pointless. I'll still see it.

steverules_2
Why put spoilers on the ending, pretty sure it's safe to say what happens smile

roughrider
Originally posted by MildPossession
Well for us Brits, it was how it originally ended and don't care how the sequel explains it quite frankly. It's still the original ending for us and she is still trapped and probably killed .

stick out tongue

Saying that, the sequel isn't getting amazing reviews, mostly it's a decent attempt at the sequel but rather pointless. I'll still see it.

I think the last scene of the film from the original version, was entirely within her own mind. But it could be read either way.
The actress is in the sequel, so it seems to be the former answer.

RocasAtoll
This is bullshit. The movie was fine alone.

BackFire
Regardless of the 'official' ending, the original British ending is infinitely better than the lazy and predictable ending we got here in America.

MildPossession
Why did they change the ending for you guys? I've never looked it up, is there an official reason Neil Marshall mentioned?

BackFire
Americans don't like open ended endings.

mr.smiley
LOL.
I didn't even realize their was another ending.
I thought it was a great movie,but I don't see why they would do a second.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BackFire
Americans don't like open ended endings.

but we love the shit out of sequels...,go figure.

Yeah, i don't need another descent but i'll definitely see it.

The Nuul
Either ending was obvious that there was a sequel coming.

roughrider
Personally, I'm glad Sarah(Shauna McDonald) is back - though I'm surprised the authorities would rush her back in there to search for survivors. I don't think they'll bring enough guns to handle the dwellers.

MildPossession
That's another thing I don't like, to me it's not realistic to take a victim of such trauma back down so soon.

Discos
BackFire sums it up for the NA version, americans want it kept simple?

I actually didnt know they edited the ending in america. I was actually quite happy at her sitting in the car, but when it went back to the cave i was like "oh there is no need".

I was iffy with the Descent. I went on a first date with some ***** when it first came out and wathed it again on TV. Its not too bad but just didnt satisfy my horror needs.

Of course I will see this movie, for being British it did "ok".

Originally posted by roughrider
I'm surprised the authorities would rush her back in there to search for survivors. I don't think they'll bring enough guns to handle the dwellers.

You can just imagine it will be a stupid pain in the arse sheriff!

MildPossession
That comes across that we can't make good Horror films, when we clearly can... stick out tongue Or do you mean, did well in the money making department around the world?

roughrider
That's another thing I don't like, to me it's not realistic to take a victim of such trauma back down so soon.

We'll just have to see how they make it plausible in the movie. It was an unexplored system, so she's the only one who's been down there and come out alive.

wicker_man
Why follow up a perfectly good horror movie with what most probably be a below-par sequel.

roughrider
Originally posted by wicker_man
Why follow up a perfectly good horror movie with what most probably be a below-par sequel.

Because it if was great, they NEVER leave enough alone.
Sequels seem to eventually follow always; either that or a remake.
They took 12 years, then eventually made a sequel to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Even Psycho got sequel-ed out, after 22 years.

Discos
haha, well personally I think us British are more on the awesome-scale of making gangster movies.

but... when you think of stupid flicks such as The Cottage, you feel ashamed that its British

MildPossession
I didn't mind The Cottage(coming from the director it was quite disappointing), wasn't ashamed of it, not brilliant though no lol. It's films like Sex Lives of the Potato Men that make me shake my head at Britain.

But, yes, our gangster films are top notch!!

roughrider
I didn't mind The Cottage(coming from the director it was quite disappointing), wasn't ashamed of it, not brilliant though no lol. It's films like Sex Lives of the Potato Men that make me shake my head at Britain.

But, yes, our gangster films are top notch!!

Hmmm...

So, British Gangster films>Martin Scorsese & The Godfather films?

MildPossession
I didn't say better than anything. I just said our gangster films are top notch.

wicker_man
Originally posted by Discos
haha, well personally I think us British are more on the awesome-scale of making gangster movies.

but... when you think of stupid flicks such as The Cottage, you feel ashamed that its British

In the same way the US are embrassed over films like Disaster Movie & Glitter? roll eyes (sarcastic)

We make cracking films that aren't just restricted to one genre, if you think that then you're obviously blinkered and/or are watching the wrong films.

For instance we've produced; 28 Days Later, The Hide, The Descent (obviously), This Is England, Dead Man's Shoes, Shaun of the Dead, Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Ware Rabbit, The Full Monty, Hot Fuzz, Trainspotting, Last King of Scotland, Human Traffic, Ms. Brown, Life and Death of Peter Sellers and these are only films from the last ten-to-fifteen years.

Discos
haha Potatoe Men, I am in stitches. I cannot believe I actually watched that movie :L

that is a fair list of movies.

You Americans need to start a protest march to stop them making those "---- movie" ie superhero movie, epic movie, disaster movie.
They serious piss me off, i cannot believe movie companies give these douche bags cash to make them

MildPossession
Because idiots keep spending money on seeing them at the cinema...

roughrider
I didn't say better than anything. I just said our gangster films are top notch.

You don't include Guy Ritchie films in there, do you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

MildPossession
Actually yes, I like all his gangster films, not too keen on Revolver though. But back onto Horror.

deathbycorn
British gangster films suck, sorry to burst your bubble.

British hooligan movies are another story. They are good.

MildPossession
I hope you didn't pay to see it. stick out tongue

Discos
no definatly not. watched it on TV. I dont remember why tho, it wasnt something i would go out my way to watch.

must of been a very slow day

wicker_man
Originally posted by deathbycorn
British gangster films suck, sorry to burst your bubble.

British hooligan movies are another story. They are good.

Oh yes, films like The Long Good Friday, Brighton Rock and Get Carter really suck.

You sir, know nothing of British gangster films if you think the above suck.

Where as British hooligan films are ten-to-a-pound.

Discos
ten to a pound is an under statement. How many more films can you get with football hooliganism.

great list of british gangster films btw.

so when is the descent 2 hitting cinemas? whats the bets that even tho its a British film, it will be released in the US first stick out tongue

MildPossession
Who cares, we had the better film first. stick out tongue

Us Brits are getting it on the 4th of December. I can find no official date for America. We did have it here in England on the 31st August at the Fright Festival, so if you were lucky enough to see it...

roughrider
Who cares, we had the better film first. stick out tongue

Us Brits are getting it on the 4th of December. I can find no official date for America. We did have it here in England on the 31st August at the Fright Festival, so if you were lucky enough to see it...

The first one didn't come to North America until a year later. But Warner Bros. is distributing this one, so maybe the dates will be closer.

Discos
its weird because I think the same happened with the Liam Neeson film "Taken". I am sure it was out in the UK miles before the US.

MildPossession
It was indeed, September 2008 for us, January 2009 for America.

The Nuul
Has this even been released yet? I cannot find it anywhere....mad

MildPossession
Can't find a release date for Canada, you suck. stick out tongue It's been out here since December.

The Nuul
mad

Don't make me mad or else you're going to get it!

roughrider
Can't find a release date for Canada, you suck. stick out tongue It's been out here since December.

The first one didn't open in Canada until a year after it opened in the UK.

The Nuul
I just saw this.....its pretty good and its almost as good as the first film IMO.

However....I think I just saw the US version, so the beginning of this doesnt make sense because I saw the UK version of the first film.

The Nuul
Juno is still alive, well....in the US version, not sure about the UK.

Sara is still a tough chick, she easily makes 2nd place after Ripley for the most badass Woman in the movies.

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
I just saw this.....its pretty good and its almost as good as the first film IMO.

However....I think I just saw the US version, so the beginning of this doesnt make sense because I saw the UK version of the first film.

Yeah, if you watch the US version of this after you watch the UK version of part one then part 2 doesnt make a lot of sense.

MildPossession
I thought they made it in a way so both countries could make sense out of it...

The Nuul
I was like huh WTF? when I was watching it.

Like this stuff...

Sara escapes from the caves on a elevator in a through a shack that belonged to a old man. She cant remember what happended down there, some dumb ass cop takes her a a crew down again into the caves.

WTF?

Juno is still alive, Sara tells someone what happpended between the two. Juno had a affair with Saras Husband....

Again WTF?

The ending...

Juno, Sara and some cop chick were fighting a group of humanoids. Juno gets killed while she was figthing the boss but he also dies. The girls are out number at the exit of the cave. Sara sacrifices herself so the cop chick can escape.
She escapes and is resting....that old guy knocks here out and leaves her by teh exit of the cave, a humanoids grabs hers while he watches....

WTFFFF?

The Nuul
If you want, read Wiki...

Its like the US version undid what happend in the UK version.

The Nuul
Correction...

A new entrance is found with the help of a sniffer dog.

jinXed by JaNx
The first movie was great but this one is complete shit. The story fails to evolve or expand on the original. The movie doesn't even attempt to do anything new or unique. There is no reason for this movie to exist. It is essentially a bad remake of the first movie. The movie wasn't just pointless, redundant and bad but it was also stupid...,really stupid.

The Nuul
Just saw this again.....after a better look at the over all movie, I agree the story sucks. Some parts are ok.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, i hate to be so harsh on a movie. I really don't want to come off as a stuck-up cock that can't appreciate a good ol fashion mindless horror movie because i can. I held the first movie in a high regard, it felt like it was more than just a cheap scare flick. This one came off more like a parody of the original than anything. I really felt like i was supposed to be laughing during most of the movie and that disappointed me because i was looking forward to. I'm sure it's more than possible that i just mis-read the tone, but i'm also sure that this movie was lazy and pointless, or at least to me it is lol

BackFire
I just watched this.

So most of the movie was mediocre, however the ending was one of the dumbest most nonsensical things I've ever seen. Brought the movie from being mediocre to just shit.

Myth
I watched this a few weeks back. I actually liked it. It wasn't as good as the first obviously, but as far as sequels go for under the radar movies, it was fine. They did a pretty good job renewing the atmosphere, and while the first movie touched on the issue of morality, this movie did something a bit different by looking more at the issue of forgiveness. I do agree with the posts above that it is dumb that Juno somehow survived and the ending with the old guy hitting the cop with the shovel and leaving her to die was a slap to the face of the viewers, but those moments weren't enough to completely kill my viewing experience. Btw, I saw both versions of part 1, so I could live with where this movie started off.

RocasAtoll
This was pretty average.

Even though I'm American, I never saw the American ending for the Descent. I saw the ending where it cuts back to the cave with her sitting next to the birthday cake. That's not the UK one, right?

MildPossession
The UK one is where it cuts back to her in the cave after imagining she escaped yes. She was left stuck in the caves in our original film.

Robtard
Liked the first one, thought it was a decent horror flick.

I turned this one off after 20-25 mins.

The Nuul
The UK one is where it cuts back to her in the cave after imagining she escaped yes. She was left stuck in the caves in our original film.

What happend to that ending, did they even continue it in UKs part two?

MildPossession
The sequel was the same for both countries. No difference in the start I believe. UK audiences are to forget the end of the first... and assume she escaped for the sequel afterall . Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

There is a third film on the way...

The Nuul
The sequel was the same for both countries. No difference in the start I believe. UK audiences are to forget the end of the first... and assume she escaped for the sequel afterall . Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

There is a third film on the way...

Just because of the stupid Americans.

mad

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Americans are so ****ing awesome; I am so jealous!

Fixed.

jenika
The result will be to continue the story of Sarah, who, as the only survivor of a caving expedition gone all-women horribly wrong, suffers severe psychological trauma. Unable to speak, she accompanies a rescue team back to the cave, but events once again take a sinister turn.The Descent 2 game is a British horror film and 2009 sequel to the 2005 horror The Descent.The trailer for The Descent 2. Distraught, confused, and half wild with fear, Sarah Carter emerges only from the Appalachian cave where she met with unspeakable terrors.

MildPossession
Yeah thanks for pointing out what has already been pointed out in this topic if you cared to read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.