Thunderlips vs. Ivan Drago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
The Ultimate Male vs. the roided up Russian.

Who wins?

Rogue Jedi
Drago. Stronger, faster, long jab.

BruceSkywalker
Thunderlips goes down to the 'roid dude

steverules_2
Drago would make the thunderlips kiss his Russian steel ass

Luminatus
Thunderlips is nearly 7 feet and almost 400 pounds. He shrugged off a steel chair to the back and even bare-knuckled Rocky barely hurt him.
I say if he can get Drago down to the ground and grapple, he can win.

steverules_2
Steel chair? Don't you mean that wooden stall that Paulie hit him with? Sorry but that was Paulie for crying out loud, I doubt he'd have any effect on Thunderlips even with a stall, if it was someone else like say...Rocky who had hit him then chances are it woulda hurt thunderlips. Bare Knuckled Rocky damn well did hurt him. Drago can take this guy down.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by steverules_2
Drago would make the thunderlips kiss his Russian steel ass haermm "I'm zee Drago, *****!!!"

Tattoos N Scars
Thunderlips is stronger physically, I'm sure...punching power doesn't equal pure strength. Some martial artists can punch through bricks and boards with their hitting techniques, but there are many more guys that can bench press much more than any martial artist...and still not be able to punch through that stuff without breaking their hands.

Drago would still win though. Even in Rocky, Wrestling was still seen as a staged event. Drago, an actual fighter, would KO Hogan...really fast.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, half a round, maybe.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Thunderlips is stronger physically, I'm sure...punching power doesn't equal pure strength. Some martial artists can punch through bricks and boards with their hitting techniques, but there are many more guys that can bench press much more than any martial artist...and still not be able to punch through that stuff without breaking their hands.

Drago would still win though. Even in Rocky, Wrestling was still seen as a staged event. Drago, an actual fighter, would KO Hogan...really fast.

True but we've seen Drago lifting more than we've seen TL so there really isn't anything that points to TL being stronger, he gets one shotted here.

jinXed by JaNx
i really don't see Drago getting to many opportunities to unleash clean hits. Thunderlips is a brawler. Without boxing rules i think Thunderlips stomps Drago. Drago only needs one or two direct hits though. I just don't think he will have to many opportunities to land those knockout punches.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i really don't see Drago getting to many opportunities to unleash clean hits. Thunderlips is a brawler. Without boxing rules i think Thunderlips stomps Drago. Drago only needs one or two direct hits though. I just don't think he will have to many opportunities to land those knockout punches.

How so? Drago has reach and power over him. I'm betting he can tank right through his punches.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How so? Drago has reach and power over him. I'm betting he can tank right through his punches.

You sure Drago has the reach? I thought they were both 6'5. As for power, i agree, Drago has greater punching power. I would say that Thunderlips probably has greater brute strength though. His profession requires him to be able to press body builders above his head. We saw how he turned Rocky into a rag doll. I don't think Drago will know how to defend against Thunderlips fighting strategy. As someone said above, if Thunderlips gets Drago on the ground it's over. For me it just comes down to there being no rules.

I dont think Thunderlips is going to be spinning Drago above his head or anything but when he gets in close and puts Drago into a grapple or submission hold i think the match will be his to lose. I'm not saying Drago can't knock Thunderlips out in one punch but i think it could easily go either way. I would say that Drago wins just on Stamina alone but Wrestlers have awe-inspiring stamina as well. They may not fight as long as boxers but each of their matches require more energy.

Rogue Jedi
Thunderlips had some hot chicks.

Luminatus
Thunderlips is billed at almost 7 feet. You can also look at the "stare-downs" between Drago/Rocky and TL/Rocky to see the height difference.

http://theblogcabin.com/homebase/files/2009/03/rocky_drago.jpg

vs.
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/wwhulk.jpg
http://www.stuffiwanttoknow.com/uploaded_images/thunderlips-745077.jpg

BruceSkywalker
I don't see Drago going down to that awful leg drop

YousufKhan1212
Bump.

Badabing
Thunderlips wins.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/b67bb0ba6c8c5b5037a70de57477c4d0/tumblr_nd6rndrTc61qaa8d1o5_500.gif

h1a8
Drago wins easily. He punches with 2150psi. This will kill any human instantly.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8

thumb up

Drago kills Hogan and takes his women back to Russian to be his s#x slaves...

relentless1
Thunderlips is a wrestler, Drago might be able to keep him away for a period but once Lips closes the gap its over for Drago, grappler > striker any day

relentless1
Originally posted by h1a8

didn't kill Rocky, also those punching machines aren't accurate, thats a guy punching a standing target under optimal conditions, humans move, you can achieve that same kind of hit on a moving target.. as Chun Lee said in Bloodsport: "brick dont hit back"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.