Disney "getting serious"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen
Not contempt with now owning Marvel Comics and planning a very interesting game in "Epic Mickey" Disney has now decided to buy a former Bungie co-founder and his development studio.

Anyone else think Disney are trying to branch out more into gaming and become a big titled publisher like Activison, EA, Capcom etc?

http://www.destructoid.com/disney-snaps-up-bungie-co-founder-alex-seropian-147865.phtml

Ms.Marvel
not surprising.

disney has a history of being very gangster-ish with their business expansion... if they see success they try to buy it and make it theres. Microsoft does the same thing always.

jinXed by JaNx
i don't care as long as the games are good. I wouldn't mind seeing what they can do with the Marvel world. Lord knows that Marvel wasn't doing anything interesting with the rights. I know many people think the Disney thing is a bad thing but Disney has a lot of money. I think they will be more willing to take chances with the material than Marvel was.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
not surprising.

disney has a history of being very gangster-ish with their business expansion... if they see success they try to buy it and make it theres. Microsoft does the same thing always.

Or any other entertainment company.

NemeBro
not surprising.

disney has a history of being very gangster-ish with their business expansion... if they see success they try to buy it and make it theres. Microsoft does the same thing always. That's kind of the way businesses work.

Ms.Marvel
most businesses cant do it the way MS can, though.

NemeBro
That's because Microsoft is a behemoth of a business, and Disney is probably more-so.

Smasandian
No, alot of business do this. MS might do it on a larger scale but that's how businesses operate.

A restaurant that serves Italian, the owner sees that a different part of the city is gaining customers, he/she might open up another restaurant in that area because it provides a better income.

Same with this Disney purchase. Another set of income. Game publishers have been doing it for years with the advancement of video game franchises movies.

NemeBro
Her point was that MS and Disney can do it on larger scales.

Smasandian
That might be the case but that's not the point. They can do it on a larger scale but it's not "gangster-ish" because its a common business practice.

occultdestroyer
Micro$oft buys Di$ney.

OH $HIT!

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Smasandian
That might be the case but that's not the point. They can do it on a larger scale but it's not "gangster-ish" because its a common business practice.

unless all businesses are just "gangster-ish". which they are.

NemeBro
That might be the case but that's not the point. They can do it on a larger scale but it's not "gangster-ish" because its a common business practice. Well as she pointed out all businesses are. Not that I care to argue it.

Smasandian
It's not really gangster-ish if everybody does it. Gangster-ish implies some sort of criminal aspect, or against the norm.

occultdestroyer
On the plus side, maybe Pixar can make a Stubbs The Zombie movie, or maybe we will get a Stubbs sequel.

Digi
unless all businesses are just "gangster-ish". which they are.

It's not really gangster-ish if everybody does it. Gangster-ish implies some sort of criminal aspect, or against the norm.

thumb up

It also seems needlessly paranoid. We live in a (mostly) capitalistic society. This is what happens. And the major alternatives aren't so great. You might as well hate ambition and dreams, because they're the direct underlying principles behind such businesses. We could be negative and call it greed, but what person doesn't want to live comfortably and make money? CEO's will always be filthy rich, so it's easy to focus hatred on them, but Disney is gigantic, and the vast majority of it is made of average workers.

Ms.Marvel
i dont really understand how calling it gangsterish would point to me disapproving of it... -_-

Smasandian
That's why forums are populated. To discuss.

Ms.Marvel
wha-? o.o

Smasandian
You had a statement saying "disney is very gangster-ish"

I pointed out that it's not and everybody else is doing it.

Ms.Marvel
just because all businesses do it doesnt mean its not gangster-ish. when i say gangster-ish im not implying that theyre doing something illegal or not normal... laughing out loud

Smasandian
I understand your not implying that they are doing something illegeal, but again, what the companies do is normal and common business practice. It is not gangsterish in any way shape or form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.