Akira Live Action Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Did a search to see if one was made and "Nothing" came back

Seems new writers are attached to it did'nt know who was orignally attached

http://www.superherohype.com/news/akiranews.php?id=8665

Kazenji
Its now getting the PG-13 rating.

RE: Blaxican
Well then, it is going to suck.

**** Hollywood.

First_Tsurugi06
Can't be worse than DB Evolution or that Fist of the North Star movie.

Actually, at least the FotNS one was funny.

XanatosForever
Given the amount of nightmare fuel that the manga and original anime contained, I don't think they'll be able to keep it at PG-13 and do the series justice.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Well then, it is going to suck.

**** Hollywood.

This.

Why the **** do people keep trying to dumb down movies just so a few hundred more thousand teens will see it in the first few weeks? I have a theory that a more intelligent and adult version of these films dumbed down to PG-13, actually make less, long term.

If they have an uncut version that does the film justice, I'll be happy.

psycho gundam
stuff imo that would get cut:

-a brief topless scene

-tesuo getting shot in the arm

-the murder scene after the mexican standoff between the government and the military

-the gang violence parts

-the scene where the rest of kaneda's gang finds the dead bartender

-the pills being purchased by the teens and drug abuse

-some foul language here and there (dystopian future, i mean come on)

-some very minor gore when that girl gets crushed by baby head tetsuo's bio mass

etc

stuff like that

RE: Blaxican
The dude in the beginning shot like 50 thousand times until his body doesn't even look like a whole anymore.

psycho gundam
yeah, and that old guy dying from the heart attack in the most nasty pitiful way possible.

Nemesis X
I'm not seeing this movie for I have seen the Anime/Manga. In other words, I already know what's gonna happen and there's no way I'm gonna watch a teenager with mental problems transforming into a giant baby-like blob in live action. Especially a little girl getting crushed by it (although it seems obvious that that scene won't be shown in a PG-13 movie but I still hold the excuse of the grotesque blob). That scene was all kinds of f'd up right next to that coffee girl getting decapitated in Elfen Lied.

Personally, I don't care what Hollywood does with this movie. Akira gave me very mixed feelings about it. That Anime/Manga is all kinds of odd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.