Final Crisis: Aftermath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
There are a couple of Final Crisis: Aftermath comics out at the moment. There is Dance, Run, Escape and Ink. All focus on characters that were somewhat important in the crossover and what's happened to them after. Figured they deserved a thread of their own, if not Digi can always merge the threads.

Any opinion on these series?

tjcoady
"Run" and "Escape" have just been amazing.

Run is just a lot of fun- seeing the deliciously hateable Human Torch just f*ck things up from issue to issue;

Escape has been clever, creepy, and just flat out weird, with pretty awesome art. Plus, Nemesis, who is kind of the best.

Ink and Dance have been pretty sub-par. I like the concept of both the Tattoed Man and the Super Young Team, but the execution has just been a little weak.

Allankles
I have the same review as tj. Run and Escape look to be the strongest story archs with ink in 3rd and Dance in 4th.

Ink is decent imo, but Dance is really far less than I expected, especially when the super young team are supposed to be the Forever People of the 5th world.

WhoopeeDee
I don't think you want to hear my honest opinion. no

(Excesive profanity and bloodshed)

Kris Blaze
Escape scares the fanboy out of me.

Anybody else immensely frightened by this comic? And how Nemesis is somehow able to look/behave pretty awesome, when nothing makes sense.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Escape scares the fanboy out of me.

Anybody else immensely frightened by this comic? And how Nemesis is somehow able to look/behave pretty awesome, when nothing makes sense.

EXACTLY why I'm enjoying it.

Fear, and how awesome Nemesis always is.

Plus, as a HUGE fan of Ostrander's Suicide Squad, and then, much later, Rucka's Checkmate, I really like the whole "superspy" corner of the DC world.

Endless Mike
Escape makes no sense at all. Would someone please explain the plot to me?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Escape makes no sense at all. Would someone please explain the plot to me?

Same here. I read the first issue and dropped it half way through the second issue. I'm getting the issues but that's just in case I'll need to check if for a reference or something.

Kris Blaze
Oh I don't understand the plot either.

But I am enjoying it.

roughrider
Wait - Final Crisis actually came to an end? sleep stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by roughrider
Wait - Final Crisis actually came to an end? sleep stick out tongue

7 issues, shorter than Secret Invasion, Civil war and Sinestro Corps.

I don't understand this post.

Galan007
the only post-crisis tie-ins i've followed are "run/escape" and those have been quite enjoyable.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
7 issues, shorter than Secret Invasion, Civil war and Sinestro Corps.

I don't understand this post.

My sarcastic way of saying it was long and drawn out, slow, boring, and didn't match the insane hype Grant Morrison was heaping on it for months.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by roughrider
My sarcastic way of saying it was long and drawn out, slow, boring, and didn't match the insane hype Grant Morrison was heaping on it for months.

To which I replied "it was shorter than any crossover we've seen in some time"

comicfan11
I also like Run, Escape and Dance.
Ink is somewhat OK.
But Run is just plain fun and Dance the start of a new very different team.

As for Escape I think that DC actually stated that we are supposed to understand everything in the last issue and that is on purpose.
So far it delivers and it's awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.