Breaking News Concerning DC Comics -- DC Entertainment Created

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090909-DC-Restructuring.html

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090909-levitz-statement.html

After Disney has acquired Marvel, a massive changes has taken place in DC aswell.

Wow. This is huge.

Creshosk

Darth Vicious
It only took Disney buying Marvel for them to do something like this. Could this mean more comic book movies than before?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
It only took Disney buying Marvel for them to do something like this. Could this mean more comic book movies than before? Probably.

Warner Bros has been a long time rival of Disney. With the announcement that Disney is going to make more movies, I imagine that that would spur their rival on to do the same.

Well, looks like Disney has a hold of DreamWorks for the next five years or 30 movies. So much for that idea. laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
'bout time they do something

Messier 83
This has been in the works for awhile. The Disney/Marvel deal no doubt sped up the process though.

-Pr-
I can't believe this. Warner has been the reason so for much fcking around at dc concerning movies, and now they want more control? Bollocks.

willRules
Whether you like him or not, I hope Didio does OK out of this. I hope he doesn't lose out simply because some Hollywood execs have a stupid knee jerk reaction to Disney buying Marvel.

Alpha Centauri
Oh my god!

More Warner Bros. control? I'm gonna change my avatar and sig to depict Daffy Duck and The Joker, because that's definitely what's going to happen.

-AC

Blanket
So anyway, I looked at Diane Nelson's thumbnail, and I'm like "She looks OK, kind of MILF-ish", so I click it, and there was nose everywhere. sick

Creshosk
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Oh my god!

More Warner Bros. control? I'm gonna change my avatar and sig to depict Daffy Duck and The Joker, because that's definitely what's going to happen.

-AC Why so succotash?

srankmissingnin
This the very thing some people where afraid was going to happen between Marvel and Disney, more heavy handed control from the parent company. Luckily for Marvel, Disney as shown themselves content to let their companies pretty much do their own thing... hopefully DC doesn't suffer as a result of this news.

I guess this is hardly a surprise, DC's market share seems to gradually getting smaller and smaller, I guess they needed a shake up.

-Pr-
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
This the very thing some people where afraid was going to happen between Marvel and Disney, more heavy handed control from the parent company. Luckily for Marvel, Disney as shown themselves content to let their companies pretty much do their own thing... hopefully DC doesn't suffer as a result of this news.

I guess this is hardly a surprise, DC's market share seems to gradually getting smaller and smaller, I guess they needed a shake up.

dc's market share was big enough, tbh, and they didn't really need any changes to be made. whether this change is for the better remains to be seen...

stormultt
now this is jus gettin ridiculous but idc lol marvel is still about to trash DC in animation XDD, with disney behind them....oh god i cannot wait.

manjaro
so they are gonna put a guy in charge that worked his way up from the comics industry, if i read correctly, to a top notch movie exec, and have him tighten the reigns a little? well....consider my knee officially jerked

Messier 83
Originally posted by Blanket
So anyway, I looked at Diane Nelson's thumbnail, and I'm like "She looks OK, kind of MILF-ish", so I click it, and there was nose everywhere. sick
laughing out loud

WhoopeeDee
Thank goodness this wasn't overblown like that shit from last week. Marvel overhypes things and then falls flat on the delivery.

I'd take Porky Pig any day of the week. Yeah, and get that Captain Marvel Movie going already.

willRules
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Thank goodness this wasn't overblown like that shit from last week. Marvel overhypes things and then falls flat on the delivery.

I'd take Porky Pig any day of the week. Yeah, and get that Captain Marvel Movie going already.

laughing

Not overblown? Maybe not overblown in the same way but it's timing is impeccable. It's almost as if the Warner execs saw Disney put their fingers in the Marvel pie and then realised they had their own little comic company to hype up and make money from! roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

Not overblown? Maybe not overblown in the same way but it's timing is impeccable. It's almost as if the Warner execs saw Disney put their fingers in the Marvel pie and then realised they had their own little comic company to hype up and make money from! roll eyes (sarcastic)

its been in the works for months.

willRules
Originally posted by -Pr-
its been in the works for months.

Well the timing was pretty good then wasn't it? It coincided perfectly with the Marvel announcement so it looks like they are both fighting for publicity yes

WhoopeeDee
Or fighting for the larger market share...

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
Well the timing was pretty good then wasn't it? It coincided perfectly with the Marvel announcement so it looks like they are both fighting for publicity yes

that could very well be likely, them announcing it not long after disney buys marvel to take some of the publicity.

just surprised at people thinking that dc only had a major restructuring in the last week.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
that could very well be likely, them announcing it not long after disney buys marvel to take some of the publicity.

just surprised at people thinking that dc only had a major restructuring in the last week. dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.