Thrawn invades Coruscant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
After the apprentices failed to take out Sidious thanks to the timely arrival of imperial guards, Sidious decides to stick on Coruscant for a while. Thrawn then finally sees that Sidious is the real bad guy here, and decides to try and overthrow him. He makes an alliance with the Rebel Alliance, and the Alliance hacks into the Imperial network and orders the majority of the Imperial forces away from Coruscant. After enlisting the help of Imperial soldiers that sided with him over the Emperor, Thrawn gathers a fleet and attacks Coruscant in the intent of removing Sidious from power. Sidious becomes aware of this 1 hour prior to the invasion and takes command of the defending fleets.

Thrawn automatically wins if Sidious dies.

Thrawn has:

1 super star destroyer as flagship
12 Imperial 2 star destroyers
55 frigates
55 cruisers
20 transports, with a total of:

500,000 stormtroopers
1000 AT-STs
100 AT-ATs

Sidious has:

1 space station with loads of shields, weapons, etc. Like in Empire at War
8 Imperial 2 star destroyers
40 frigates
40 cruisers

Land defenses:

Force field generators around major cities, takes about 10 minutes of Star Destroyer bombardment to destroy

100,000 stormtroopers
10 AT-ATs
500 AT-STs
1000 artillery guns
10 ion cannons
Palpatine in a bunker his bodyguards are 10 shadowguards and 50 darktroopers

Can Thrawn prevail?

Ms.Marvel
thrawn stomps.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
thrawn stomps.

Alright then, that's your opinion.

Remember that this is over all of Coruscant, so the defenders would have the advantage of cover/fortifications.

And Sidious has battle meditation.

Nephthys
Can't Sidious, like force-choke him or something, 'cuz y'know if Vader can do it Sidious should also be able too imo.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Can't Sidious, like force-choke him or something, 'cuz y'know if Vader can do it Sidious should also be able too imo.

It's a freaking large scale battle over an entire planet. How is Sidious going to fly a ship past all of those ships, board the Super star destroyer, go up to Thrawn and choke him? Thrawn won't be stupid enough to communicate with Sidious via holocomn or anything like that. Hopefully, at least. Although you've got a point that if he did, he's screwed.

And no "Sidious soloes the fleet w/Force storm!" this is ROTJ Sidious. (not just to you, to everyone in general)

Darth_Glentract
How long does Sidious need to hold out for?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

It's a freaking large scale battle over an entire planet. How is Sidious going to fly a ship past all of those ships, board the Super star destroyer, go up to Thrawn and choke him? Thrawn won't be stupid enough to communicate with Sidious via holocomn or anything like that. Hopefully, at least. Although you've got a point that if he did, he's screwed.

And no "Sidious soloes the fleet w/Force storm!" this is ROTJ Sidious. (not just to you, to everyone in general) I once knew a guy who took a simple comment and flew off the handle over it. It wasn't you, you're too calm for that.

Thrawn wins. His superior tactical capabilities and military-knowledge, coupled with his overwhelming numbers of capital ships and frigates will let him obliterate anything on the ground and the meager naval defences of Palpatine. And if Thrawn is after Sidious here, then I don't see him ruling out the option of simply crashing an ISD in to the Imperial Palace or the Emperor's bunker, or whatever.

Red Nemesis
laughing

But srsly. Stop quoating him.

Lord Lucien
I know I should stop, but my overwhelming urge to suffocate him with his own ignorance gets the better of my common sense every now and then. Frankly I'm just waiting for a fantastic excuse to Ignore him.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I once knew a guy who took a simple comment and flew off the handle over it. It wasn't you, you're too calm for that.

Thrawn wins. His superior tactical capabilities and military-knowledge, coupled with his overwhelming numbers of capital ships and frigates will let him obliterate anything on the ground and the meager naval defences of Palpatine. And if Thrawn is after Sidious here, then I don't see him ruling out the option of simply crashing an ISD in to the Imperial Palace or the Emperor's bunker, or whatever.

That makes perfect sense, although by "bunker" I meant a very well fortified one, one that's more or less immune to bombardment. And don't forget about Sidious's BM, or the defenders' advantage of natural fortifications/force field generators that are in this battle surrounding every city.

truejedi
I'm thinking Thrawn wins. Battle is too large scale to say for sure though, kinda goes against a few of the forum's rules to be honest.

mattatom
Bombardment=/= ISD crashing into it.

Darth_Glentract
The only thing I think might give Sidious a chance is the ten ion canons. If he can disable a Thrawns ships (which only takes a few hits for even an ISD) his ISD's can easily obliterate the unshielded ships. Yes, he does have to drop some of his cities shields to fire, but that doesn't mean he has to drop them over the city he is in (btw, all of Coruscant could technically be shielded in the books). A SSD is about 100 times more powerful than an ISD though, so Sidious' only hope of beating that is to his it with a few shots from his ion canons and destroy it while it's disabled.

Hewhoknowsall
So after the arrest team failed, the second arrest team failed, the apprentice rebellion almost succeeded but failed, finally this is Sidious's last breath?

But yeah, maybe I made it uneven by adding in that SISD. Thrawn also has a number advantage, but I thought that the defender advantage would make up for it, but maybe not.

Darth_Glentract
The only chance Sidious has is to go crazy with the ion canons and disable Thrawn's fleet (which Thrawn isn't likely to let happen) or mind control Thrawn's armada. Neither is likely to work. Sidious is screwed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.