Swamp Thing vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
smile

It's on.

Spire
ST.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Spire
ST.

I see.

occultdestroyer
Nice match-up. thumb up

ST edges him out.
ST could just steal his soul if all else fails.

Galan007
tough call. how would thanos do if his consciousness was BFR'd to a limbo zone?

King Kandy
He can astral project I think so he could just go right back... not sure though.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Galan007
tough call. how would thanos do if his consciousness was BFR'd to a limbo zone?

Quan would take over.

Endless Mike
Swamp Thing beat a being who was said to be as powerful as the Spectre and Trigon and that was before he got a lot of his new abilities

comicfan11
ST stomp

bobbi
Unless Thanos has prep to get all his omnipotence giving toys swamp thing.

Kris Blaze
Soul steal sounds like a strong ability.

Galan007
one of many. smile

SouthSpawn
Ok I am curious about Swamp Thing now.

Can he give Thanos a run for his money?

Mark

xJLxKing
Which version?
Let me save you the time. Look at his respect thread. That will give you an idea on how strong he is

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t477562.html

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Which version?
Let me save you the time. Look at his respect thread. That will give you an idea on how strong he is

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t477562.html

The most powerful version?

xJLxKing
ST in a stomp

King Kandy
Swamp Thing annihilates Thanos imo. Can Thanos get a win by destroying the planet?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by King Kandy
Swamp Thing annihilates Thanos imo. Can Thanos get a win by destroying the planet?

Just stated in another thread, that ST can reform in other parts of the universe. It doesn't matter if you destroy the earth.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by King Kandy
It doesn't matter. At his peak, his power was like the "voice". He could resurrect the dead, control all elements, and soo much more.

He didn't even need a body

KuRuPT Thanosi
Swamp Thing easily if it's his most powerful and other versions. Some would lose though.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Just stated in another thread, that ST can reform in other parts of the universe. It doesn't matter if you destroy the earth.
Cool. Guess he wins then.

roughrider

Very true. He's about as hard to kill as Cyborg Superman or Brainiac that way.
How does he beat Thanos? He has to get inside his head, like he did when he took control of Captain Atom. Few if any can do that, except for Adam Warlock. He has to trap Thanos, which is hard because Thanos can out-scheme nearly anyone.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by roughrider
Very true. He's about as hard to kill as Cyborg Superman or Brainiac that way.
How does he beat Thanos? He has to get inside his head, like he did when he took control of Captain Atom. Few if any can do that, except for Adam Warlock. He has to trap Thanos, which is hard because Thanos can out-scheme nearly anyone.
ST would drag his soul out

roughrider
Originally posted by xJLxKing
ST would drag his soul out

Right. I'd need to look in Swampie's Respect Thread again to see how he's done that before.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by roughrider
Right. I'd need to look in Swampie's Respect Thread again to see how he's done that before.
He did it, or he took the consciousness

psycho gundam
ST's offense isn't really all that great to be honest, he's just impossible to get rid of since he's a life elemental sort of thing.

xJLxKing
then how did he threaten to almost replace "god"

psycho gundam
normal levels, not god like (unless this thread is about peak ST)

xJLxKing
It is peak

iceman24567
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
The most powerful version?

psycho gundam
that kid is oblivious to the character's highest power though, he want's to know if he can even hang with thanos erm

Galan007
just so everyone knows 'god-swamp thing' is NOT his standard version - thus, should NOT be used unless specified.

though what should be noted is that swamp thing standard levels] owned a VERY powerful version of arcane, with a ludicrous amount of ease. how powerful was arcane during that instance, you ask? per the original monitor, his power registered on the same level as trigon AND spectre... yet ST pwned him like a weak feeb.

there's also the fact that swamp thing has also owned *easily* the likes of captain atom, red tornado, firestorm, superman, etc. - and he tanked the anti-matter wave, to boot.

swampie, ftw.

The Nuul
Is ST even skyfather level?

Omega Vision
It depends on the version really. Sometimes ST is like a juiced up Floronic Man/Poison Ivy but other times he's beyond Skyfather, almost entity level. I mean the Spectre would probably prefer not to have to fight him if given a choice.

Galan007
Originally posted by The Nuul
Is ST even skyfather level? based on the majority of his showings, i'd say swamp thing has consistently been written well beyond skyfather level.

the instance in which he dominated a being on equal footing with trigon and spectre is a prime example

Prep-Man
based on the majority of his showings, i'd say swamp thing has consistently been written well beyond skyfather level.

the instance in which he dominated a being on equal footing with trigon and spectre is a prime example

What is the name of this being?

Galan007
What is the name of this being? arcane. he was mega-amped in the instance i mentioned.

*scans in swampie's respect thread*

McNasty996
Fight takes place in New York. No BFR, CIS, or PIS. Thanos only has to die once for Swamp Thing to win. Incapacitation also counts as a win if Thanos can pull it off.

Uriel005
Swamp Thing in a stomp. He is essentially in the pantheon of life itself which is anathema to Death. I don't see thanos winning this ever.

Galan007
I think ST wins the majority, but it's not a stomp by any means. Imo.

Uriel005
I think ST wins the majority, but it's not a stomp by any means. Imo. I just think that he is an all around better thanos opposite. Better regen, better power projection via plant control and he's essentially oneshotted some major players as shown in other posts. Thanos is good but I don't see how he would put down ST. In fact I don't see many things able to put him down for any meaningful length of time short of galaxy level manips to stop him from using the flora around him and that which he himself generates.
I am not saying that Thanos hasn't been able to contend with super high end characters but I just think ST's raw power and rejuv will be too much for mr. death

Galan007
^ I agree. That's why I'd give ST the majority.

I just think that Thanos has the potential to be a very tough contender. Imo, ST's best course of action would be to shunt Thanos' conscious to a limbo zone, as he did to Captain Atom/Red Tornado/Aquaman.

As for this part of your post:Originally posted by Uriel005
In fact I don't see many things able to put him down for any meaningful length of time short of galaxy level manips to stop him from using the flora around him and that which he himself generates. Recall that even when the universe-busting anti-matter wave struck ST during COIE, it was little more than a minor inconvenience for him -- as he simply regenerated immediately after the wave hit. In fact, he was stated to be more immortal than Immortal Man (aka. Resurrection Man) himself, if that makes any sense.

So yeah, Thanos isn't putting him down for any length of time.

carver9
Yep, I had to do it.

Who wins?

Prep-Man
Already been done, friendo.

Bouboumaster
for nom, I'll go with Thanos

Prep-Man
What can Thanos do?

Uriel005
What can Thanos do? ST takes death bends it over and tentacle rapes it for lulz as Thanos watches in horror while his best efforts do nothing to deter ST in the slightest.

ST stomps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

D-Block
ST for the win I like Thanos but ST is on another level IMO.

Uriel005
ST could probably give death a run for her money on his own power at his best. Not much Thanos can do here.

SquallX
Originally posted by Uriel005
ST takes death bends it over and tentacle rapes it for lulz as Thanos watches in horror while his best efforts do nothing to deter ST in the slightest.

What's even worse, is Death loving every minute of it. smokin'

Eon Blue
Swamp Thing

Lord_Talron
swamp thing

AsbestosFlaygon
Bump for great Justice!!

Current ST w/ White Lantern powers VS current Thanos

Kazenji
What White Lantern powers?

he hasn't even used them in the nu52.

DarkSaint85
^ I agree. That's why I'd give ST the majority.

I just think that Thanos has the potential to be a very tough contender. Imo, ST's best course of action would be to shunt Thanos' conscious to a limbo zone, as he did to Captain Atom/Red Tornado/Aquaman.

As for this part of your post: Recall that even when the universe-busting anti-matter wave struck ST during COIE, it was little more than a minor inconvenience for him -- as he simply regenerated immediately after the wave hit. In fact, he was stated to be more immortal than Immortal Man (aka. Resurrection Man) himself, if that makes any sense.

So yeah, Thanos isn't putting him down for any length of time.

thumb up

krisblaze
I see someone's been bumping old threads!

I believe we can conclude that Thanos loses.

Insane Titan
I line the old kris blaze better

DarkRaiden
Can't Thanos mentally destroy and/or just kill him with his death powers? Turn him into a butterfly maybe?

leonidas
pre dcnu likely st. dcnu st loses though. too many ways for thanos to put him down imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.