Best FF villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omnislash Kid
This in terms of actual villainy not strength. Also, please dont have biased opinions here. My vote is for Seymour (though I'm sure somebody is going to say Sephiroth.)

MooCowofJustice
Of course. On this forum specifically it's probably between Kefka, Ultima and the obligatory Sephiroth fanboy.

dazmoney86
sin is my fav

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Of course. On this forum specifically it's probably between Kefka, Ultima and the obligatory Sephiroth fanboy. Why on this forum specifically. But Seymour in my opinion. I mean his plot was awesome, he killed his father to achieve his goal, he was a complete misanthropist but wanted to marry Yuna to prevent her from stopping him, everything he did was just plain sinister and villainous.

Wolverine2179
Seymour, vayne solidor and jecht.

Sephiroth for me honestly was just an over emotional individual thats hell bent on destroying everything because he can't accept who he is.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Seymour, vayne solidor and jecht.

Sephiroth for me honestly was just an over emotional individual thats hell bent on destroying everything because he can't accept who he is. I feel the exact same way. He was just a lunatic and not much of a villain. I'll give him that he's a bad a** but that's irrelevant to how good of a villain you are (even though Seymour was pretty bad a** in my opinion)

Wolverine2179
Honestly felt seymour was the badass of FFX but overall i feel vayne solidor from ffxii trumps them all.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Honestly felt seymour was the badass of FFX but overall i feel vayne solidor from ffxii trumps them all. I wasn't really feeling Vayne. I thought he was more of an egotist and didn't really play a big role until the end of the game
But what little time he did have I think is second to Seymour

BackFire
Kefka is still the most hateable villain I've seen in a video game.

When the final confrontation comes there is such a large degree of tension between him and all of the main characters that it is nearly overwhelming.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by BackFire
Kefka is still the most hateable villain I've seen in a video game.

When the final confrontation comes there is such a large degree of tension between him and all of the main characters that it is nearly overwhelming. "hateable" as in a good villain or a bad villain? I didn't think Kefka was that villainous. More insane than sinister and villainous

Kero_Co
ExDeath.

He is evil incarnate, and he does it so enthusiastically. He is a sacred tree filled with evil demons, so for starts, he corrupted a sacred tree. He tormented two generations of heroes and pretty much killed off all of the first. Before he escaped his seal, he manipulated a hell of a lot of people, most notably Lenna's father. After getting that guy killed, he got out and all hell broke lose. Fireballs from the sky,sinking islands, a castle made from the flesh of his enemies, voided a bunch of towns and people for no reason, gathered an army of demons from the cleft of dimensions, the same cleft of dimensions he sent his own henchman, Gilgamesh. He almost killed Krile, but killed Galuf instead, so its just as good.

The only person I would put up there with ExDeath is the Emperor from Final Fantasy II.

His evil half took over Hell, and his good half took over Heaven. When you're so evil your good is evil, that's something.

ares834
How are we not supposed to have a "biased opinion" afterall this is our opinion, and is thus biased... Regardless I say Kefka.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Kero_Co
ExDeath.

He is evil incarnate, and he does it so enthusiastically. He is a sacred tree filled with evil demons, so for starts, he corrupted a sacred tree. He tormented two generations of heroes and pretty much killed off all of the first. Before he escaped his seal, he manipulated a hell of a lot of people, most notably Lenna's father. After getting that guy killed, he got out and all hell broke lose. Fireballs from the sky,sinking islands, a castle made from the flesh of his enemies, voided a bunch of towns and people for no reason, gathered an army of demons from the cleft of dimensions, the same cleft of dimensions he sent his own henchman, Gilgamesh. He almost killed Krile, but killed Galuf instead, so its just as good.

The only person I would put up there with ExDeath is the Emperor from Final Fantasy II.

His evil half took over Hell, and his good half took over Heaven. When you're so evil your good is evil, that's something.
I completely forgot about Ex Death. Ok yeah he's a total badass worth the recognition of being pure villain. Him and Seymour and my two #1s now. Seymour is still in my #1 slot because of everything he gave up and all the things he did to do what he wanted. He may not have seemed it but he was completely maniacal. ExDeath is now in my #1 slot as well just for being the essence of evil even though he didn't really have any villainous plot besides being a god (which is overly common and he didn't come about it to creatively lol. Though what he did did take power but like I said none of this isn't supposed to be based off power but since he was pure evil that's the only exception since it fits into the category)

BackFire
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
"hateable" as in a good villain or a bad villain? I didn't think Kefka was that villainous. More insane than sinister and villainous

As in a good villain. I felt very real hatred for him by the end of the game, which was his purpose.

Neo Darkhalen
Kefka by far.

NemeBro
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Of course. On this forum specifically it's probably between Kefka, Ultima and the obligatory Sephiroth fanboy. Ultima? As in the final boss of Final Fantasy Tactics? Or did you mean Ultimecia? stick out tongue

If the latter, almost no one likes that *****.

As for my choice, in terms of being a dislikable villain, I would honestly say Dycedarg Beoulve from Final Fantasy Tactics. He has not one likeable quality about him, and lacks the crutch of insanity that many other villains possess, he was born with it all and still lusted for more and more power. He killed his father with poison, a cowardly act, so he would become head of their house, he helped instigate a war along with his liege Duke Larg, only to assassinate Duke Larg in hopes of becoming the retainer of Prince Orinus in place of Larg, which would make him the de facto ruler of Ivalice.

Then again I am impossibly biased for Final Fantasy Tactics, so meh.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ultima? As in the final boss of Final Fantasy Tactics? Or did you mean Ultimecia? stick out tongue

If the latter, almost no one likes that *****.

As for my choice, in terms of being a dislikable villain, I would honestly say Dycedarg Beoulve from Final Fantasy Tactics. He has not one likeable quality about him, and lacks the crutch of insanity that many other villains possess, he was born with it all and still lusted for more and more power. He killed his father with poison, a cowardly act, so he would become head of their house, he helped instigate a war along with his liege Duke Larg, only to assassinate Duke Larg in hopes of becoming the retainer of Prince Orinus in place of Larg, which would make him the de facto ruler of Ivalice.

Then again I am impossibly biased for Final Fantasy Tactics, so meh. I always thought Dycedarg Beoulve had that classic cowardly villain thing to him which I didn't have a problem with. And I think he just meant Ultima (since he just said "Ultima" instead of "Ultimecia" lol) Then again, what if he meant the Esper Ultima from FF XII? hahaha Of course, something that has no major role in the game but perhaps that is what he meant? I doubt it

NemeBro
Dycedarg had no likeable trait, that is why I thought he worked as a villain. He was a deceitful, manipulative chessmaster through most of the game, but also had an odd aura of badassery to him IMO, like "I don't want to dirty my hands with your blood, but if it comes down to it I am gonna kick your ass."

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dycedarg had no likeable trait, that is why I thought he worked as a villain. He was a deceitful, manipulative chessmaster through most of the game, but also had an odd aura of badassery to him IMO, like "I don't want to dirty my hands with your blood, but if it comes down to it I am gonna kick your ass." Agreed. Reminds me of Seymour (except that most people dont think he's badass but I do. To me he's like the mage version of Sephiroth. Hell, I think he was even modeled after Sephiroth)

NemeBro
Seymour would be a badass if it were not for his hair.

Omnislash Kid
His hair was badass. If anything that makes him even more badass

NemeBro
I respectfully disagree.

Is that Kuma in your avy?

Omnislash Kid
I think everybody but you and 3/10 of everybody else loves Seymour's hair

And yes it is
Kuma is f****** awesome

occultdestroyer
Kefka from FF6

Omnislash Kid
How about Jesus from FF XCIX?
lol
I wouldn't doubt if FF last that long (though if it does they're probably be really crappy RPG with little or no creativity due to over confident workers that will no longer try to make the games and hope FFs legacy will just be enough for people to buy it which it probably will)
LAWL

Mandrag Ganon
I'd have to cast my vote for Seymour for the time being, though I still have several of the games left to beat.

Wolverine2179
I am glad nobody said sephiroth.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
How about Jesus from FF XCIX?
lol
I wouldn't doubt if FF last that long (though if it does they're probably be really crappy RPG with little or no creativity due to over confident workers that will no longer try to make the games and hope FFs legacy will just be enough for people to buy it which it probably will)
LAWL

That's the FF franchise in a nutshell for ya.

First_Tsurugi06
Sin still scares the crap out of me. I know he was essentially, as one of the users said somewhere, just a giant doom whale, but creature so large but still ominous just do that.

Kuja, for an intolerably flamboyant crybaby, wasn't that bad. Those Jesters were more annoying imho.

I'm pretty neutral towards Sephiroth. The fanboys/girls who are stuck in 2006's little hype wagon are more annoying than he could ever be. Besides, Cloud is the one I don't give a sh*t about anymore--the coolest thing about him (as in the only cool thing about him) was his sword(s) in Advent Children (which is where I got my name here).

Kefka, I never gave much thought to back in the day. In retorspect, I see why people like him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.