Best Gun in Video games!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
My pick - The Moonstone Canon, Skies of Arcadia

yours?

NemeBro
Cerebral Bore-Turok 2: Seeds of Evil.

Shit is great.

Digi
Forget the gimmick weapons. What's the gun that has been the most useful in the history of gaming, with whatever is in 2nd being nowhere near it? There's only one answer.

The shotgun.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Digi
Forget the gimmick weapons. What's the gun that has been the most useful in the history of gaming, with whatever is in 2nd being nowhere near it? There's only one answer.

The shotgun.

Exactly.

~:Mr.Anderson:~

The shotgun. qft.

where ever you are, no matter what your fighting the shotgun is what you look for.

Juk3n

The shotgun.

No no digi, the shotgun is the most useful when you've got a full arsenal, but the overall most useful? It always comes down to El Pistolato pal.

Sin_Volvagia
The shotgun.

My best friend in Doom and Duke Nukem 3D.

Besides that, the P-90 is a close friend.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Besides that, the P-90 is a close friend.

you have lost my respect. no expression

stick out tongue

in answer to the thread itself, the "best gun" in any game shooter is imo the default assault rifle you get. it usually carries high amounts of ammo and is versatile being useful at range and close up.

Burning thought
I dont really know, would require some thought although beam guns are usually fun, those that allow you to fire a long beam of energy and bathe your foes in it. Although the Mavor in Supreme commander is one hellava good gun as would any tower block sized gun that lobs thermo nuclear shells across hundreds of KM's at near rapid fire.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/supcom/images/d/d0/Mavor.jpg

Spartan005
umm its called the Halo 1 Pistol ..... most overpowered weapon ever lol

followed closely by COD's wonder waffle

Impediment
The BFG from Doom comes to mind.

Still, Digi is right; The shotgun reigns supreme.

NemeBro
Shotgun?

Pft.

In the games that have them, Miniguns reigns supreme.

Kazenji
Especally with Timesplitters do the second attack to have it constantly spinning.

Digi
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Exactly.

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
qft.

where ever you are, no matter what your fighting the shotgun is what you look for.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
My best friend in Doom and Duke Nukem 3D.

Originally posted by Impediment
Still, Digi is right; The shotgun reigns supreme.

I rest my case.

cool

Everything else is pretty much competing for 2nd place in this thread. A respectable position, mind you. But nothing has had such otherworldly staying power, from Doom to Half-Life 2, and everything in between.

NemeBro
You forgot to mention pitiful range.

In terms of balancing range with incredible damage capability and rate of fire, the Minigun is above all others.

Digi
Originally posted by NemeBro
You forgot to mention pitiful range.

In terms of balancing range with incredible damage capability and rate of fire, the Minigun is above all others.

You're overthinking it. If you're carrying a shotty around with a full ammo clip, you feel safe. Even if sh*t is hitting the fan, you can mow things down without taking a ton of damage.

Besides, how many games have a minigun? A fair amount, sure. How many have a shotgun? All of them. Or if they don't, they're wrong. So if I don't know what game I'm getting thrown into, or what situation, I know what I'm taking.

uhuh

NemeBro
You're overthinking it. If you're carrying a shotty around with a full ammo clip, you feel safe. Even if sh*t is hitting the fan, you can mow things down without taking a ton of damage.

Besides, how many games have a minigun? A fair amount, sure. How many have a shotgun? All of them. Or if they don't, they're wrong. So if I don't know what game I'm getting thrown into, or what situation, I know what I'm taking.

uhuh Until you run out of ammo and have to spend a good amount of time reloading shell by shell.

Because only real men can use miniguns, and the games without miniguns are not for real men. 131

Let me put it this way: The minigun is the preferred weapon of Ahnold.

Truf.

Ms.Marvel
halo has a chaingun. shifty

MadMel
shotgun, gravity gun or portal gun ftw stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by NemeBro
Until you run out of ammo and have to spend a good amount of time reloading shell by shell.

Because only real men can use miniguns, and the games without miniguns are not for real men. 131

Let me put it this way: The minigun is the preferred weapon of Ahnold.

Truf.

Hey, to each his own. But so far it's a landslide for the shotty. And your points seem fine, until you play enough games with a shotgun. Then you begin to understand, it's like a warm security blanket. A badass, loud mouth, homicidal fuzzy blanket.

big grin

Originally posted by MadMel
shotgun, gravity gun or portal gun ftw stick out tongue

Mind you, the shotgun isn't going for style points. Either of those latter two get my vote in terms of giddy awesomness. But if I'm playing Half-Life 2 and given a choice between a gravity gun or a shotgun, I know which one I'm taking. That game is honestly Exhibit A of why a gimmick weapon is no match for a sturdy, reliable one.

geshien
The shotty is for sure the most legendary, but as far as individual guns, my personal favorite gun is probably the Lincoln Repeater in Fallout 3. With VATS, it's so sick.

And while not all weapons in the following vid are guns, I agree wholeheartedly.

Q17oeFtLvvQ

Also, the portal gun is baller.

occultdestroyer

The shotgun.
I disagree.

The best overall in most games are RAPID FIRE guns, like submachine guns and automatic rifles.

Kazenji
Originally posted by geshien
The shotty is for sure the most legendary, but as far as individual guns, my personal favorite gun is probably the Lincoln Repeater in Fallout 3. With VATS, it's so sick.

And while not all weapons in the following vid are guns, I agree wholeheartedly.

Q17oeFtLvvQ

Also, the portal gun is baller.

too bad the vid is'nt working.

MadMel
Mind you, the shotgun isn't going for style points. Either of those latter two get my vote in terms of giddy awesomness. But if I'm playing Half-Life 2 and given a choice between a gravity gun or a shotgun, I know which one I'm taking. That game is honestly Exhibit A of why a gimmick weapon is no match for a sturdy, reliable one.
true - id prefer actual telekinesis instead of a weapon like the G-gun stick out tongue

Nephthys
Anal-Probe.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
you have lost my respect. no expression

You don't like the P-90?

Ok, how about the FarSight XR-20?

Merc'd
Pistol.

always comes in handy when your about to die and have no other ammo.

occultdestroyer
Most prefer rifles and submachine guns over shotguns.
Just look at what the majority of FPS players use almost all the time.

Ridley_Prime
The Golden Gun from Goldeneye and any other Bond game that has it.

Yeah.

geshien
Originally posted by Kazenji
too bad the vid is'nt working.

Fortunately, the link does. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.