Gelu [Heroes of Might and Magic] v.s. Scout [Heroes of New Earth]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
This takes place in.. sherwood forest, because it can. cool

All feats applicable, and derivitive from lore apply. All abilities apply, including mana limits to those abilities :P

ArtificialGlory
Depending on how close to eachother the combatants start the battle, Gelu could likely wipe out the Scout with an Armageddon before they even see eachother.

Though I don't know a lot about Scout, admittedly.

Rapidash
Armageddon require Armageddon's Blade and the Sword of Frost in a clash.

Having researched Scout some, he will take this hands down. Scout seem to originate from the game Savage 2, in which he appear to have an ability that kills the enemy instantly.
Combining that with what appears to be a permanent case of invisibility, Scout can get the drop on Gelu at any time and finish the job.

With Electric Eye, Scout seem able to be warned about impending enemies.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Rapidash
Armageddon require Armageddon's Blade and the Sword of Frost in a clash.

Having researched Scout some, he will take this hands down. Scout seem to originate from the game Savage 2, in which he appear to have an ability that kills the enemy instantly.
Combining that with what appears to be a permanent case of invisibility, Scout can get the drop on Gelu at any time and finish the job.

With Electric Eye, Scout seems able to be warned about impending enemies.

What you see in that video is NOT Armageddon. Also, from what I gather, the Sword of Frost is not needed to achieve that scrotum-busting explosion. The Kreegans created the sword so that they could "set the world on fire" before the Sword of Frost even existed(if memory serves right). What happened in that video was what Kreegans sought all the time, it was the whole purpose of Armageddon's Blade's creation and existence.

Ironic, isn't it?

Rapidash
Interesting if anything. So Gelu has the Armageddon ability as it's seen in the games (5th HoMM being the clearest presentation?).

Scout apparently has a powerful crossbow, which he can use from a great distance with amazing accuracy (Magical shot). Should Gelu survive, which might not be the case, Scout can return into invisible mode and run a knife down his spine.

ArtificialGlory
Interesting if anything. So Gelu has the Armageddon ability as it's seen in the games (5th HoMM being the clearest presentation?).

Scout apparently has a powerful crossbow, which he can use from a great distance with amazing accuracy (Magical shot). Should Gelu survive, which might not be the case, Scout can return into invisible mode and run a knife down his spine.

Armageddon in HoMM5 calls down a meteor, while the one in HoMM3(from which game Gelu is from) covers the whole area in a very thick, intense rain of fire and/or molten rock. The radius is large enough to cover entire armies. It also happens instantaneously, so you don't have to wait for the meteor to come down. If they start the battle anywhere near eachother, the Scout is going to get barbecued in the first seconds of the match.

Gelu also has a spell that allows him to see the area around him(a dozen square miles or so). Not sure if it would help him against an invisible foe, though. Gelu also has protective spells, illusion spells, a mirror image spell, at least two different teleport spells, and even a mind control spell(don't quote me on the mind control one, though).

Rapidash
http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/gelu

http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/scout-newerth

Despite all his capabilities, I don't see Gelu taking down Scout. Scout may not have a large variety of abilities, but simplicity in this case is not necessarily a disadvantage. He has all he needs.

Invisibility and a few arrows would sadly end Gelu. In CQC they seem rather even though, in terms of agility and so.

ArtificialGlory
http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/gelu

http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/scout-newerth

Despite all his capabilities, I don't see Gelu taking down Scout. Scout may not have a large variety of abilities, but simplicity in this case is not necessarily a disadvantage. He has all he needs.

Invisibility and a few arrows would sadly end Gelu. In CQC they seem rather even though, in terms of agility and so.

Well, that's assuming that Gelu doesn't use any of his spells/abilities and fights the good old fashioned way, or that they start the battle with the Scout stealthed behind Gelu.

Rapidash
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Well, that's assuming that Gelu doesn't use any of his spells/abilities and fights the good old fashioned way, or that they start the battle with the Scout stealthed behind Gelu.

As they start in a forest, I don't think they start in front of one another. Gelu could commence Armageddon at an early stage even if he couldn't see Scout and just hope that one of the impacts take him out.

Although given the apparent role of Scout in combat, chances are that he can keep his cool and take out Gelu before he's taken out himself. A reconnaissance agent generally is able to keep his calm in the heat of action.

With long-range attacks and a high movement speed, Gelu should be hoping that his meteor impacts take Scout out before Scout gets a clear shot or strike.

Phantom Miria
Looking things through, I think that Scout would win this fight hands down. Gelu is the more powerful of the two but Scout as already mentioned has all that is necessary to take out someone of somewhat human durability, regardless of their powers. With long ranged attacks, invisibility and with sentries that see people not in his area, he should score a kill before Gelu finds him.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
Looking things through, I think that Scout would win this fight hands down. Gelu is the more powerful of the two but Scout as already mentioned has all that is necessary to take out someone of somewhat human durability, regardless of their powers. With long ranged attacks, invisibility and with sentries that see people not in his area, he should score a kill before Gelu finds him.

It depends on how far away from each other. Gelu could track Scout with Visions and/or View Air to see if he's close enough to be taken down by Armageddon. It's true that Gelu has more or less human durability, but he has quite a few protective spells like Stone Skin among many other utility skills/spells like Flight, Teleport, Mind Control; not to mention basic stuff like Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Magic Arrow, etc. I suppose deception-orientated stuff like Illusion wouldn't really work on Scout because of his "true sight" abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.