Clone Wars Grevious vs Lt. Thire, Capt. Rex, and Cmdr. Cody

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
battle takes place in geonosis arena. Both teams start 100 feet away from each other.

Lord Lucien
Grievous wins because he's a Communist. Grievous always wins because he's a Communist.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Grievous wins because he's a Communist. Grievous always wins because he's a Communist. Except against Kenobi who was a democrat.

bayhunter12
Its close but thire rex and cody take this due to numbers.

mattatom
Originally posted by bayhunter12
Its close but thire rex and cody take this due to numbers. You do realise there against the cyborg who can land sixteen strikes a second. I don't think any blaster bolts are getting through that.

Lord Lucien
Wasn't it like 20-odd strikes a second?

mattatom
Wasn't it like 20-odd strikes a second? Hmm. Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack. Correct Lucien, even harder and yet Kenobi Still managed to take of a limb.

Hewhoknowsall
Didn't CW Grevious take on 5 jedi council members at once?

Clones die horribly.

mattatom
That does seem to be the general consensus.

DarthDaniel1001
Grievous kills all 3 of the clones with very little effort

truejedi
clones die horribly. And they cry.

Lord Lucien
They cry tears of delicious pain. And as everybody knows, those tears turn in to jelly beans.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Didn't CW Grevious take on 5 jedi council members at once?

Clones die horribly.

Yea, but that was Clone Wars Grievous, this is the new Clone Wars Grievous, who cant defeat 13 year old padawans, so the clones win, easy.

Darth Subjekt
Ya know... I can't tell if you're actually being serious right now.

Grievous wins. Only OB1 can beat him with a blaster. Cause OB1's really a bigger communist that GG.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Ya know... I can't tell if you're actually being serious right now.

Grievous wins. Only OB1 can beat him with a blaster. Cause OB1's really a bigger communist that GG.

Nah, i was joking, kind off, in the new show he couldn't defeat Anakins 13 year old padawan, sure her only objective was to escape, but com on, he should have defeated her in seconds.

And whats this talk about Obi-Wan being a communist?

DarthDaniel1001
Ahsoka held her own against Grievous due to PIS. She didn't beat him.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Nah, i was joking, kind off, in the new show he couldn't defeat Anakins 13 year old padawan, sure her only objective was to escape, but com on, he should have defeated her in seconds.

And whats this talk about Obi-Wan being a communist?

Grievous wins because he's a Communist. Grievous always wins because he's a Communist.

just a reference.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Ahsoka held her own against Grievous due to PIS. She didn't beat him.

I never said she did, but Grievous should have killed her in seconds, if we go by his past feats.

Darth Subjekt
Perhaps he was, as you suggested in the other thread, toying with her. stick out tongue

meaning Dooku with OB1 in AOTC

Count Makashi
No, General Grievous doesn't toy around, he has a fetish for death.

Darth Subjekt
And a DLOTS doesn't?

mattatom
And a DLOTS doesn't? Bandon didn't with that Ensign. He's that hardcore.

Count Makashi
And a DLOTS doesn't?

No, Dooku is a manipulator, he only kills when he has to, GG just kills.

Darth Subjekt
Make no mistakes, Dooku has no compassion for life. By aiding Palpatine in his plan, he let millions die in a war that he created. That wasn't out of necessity, it was out of greed for power, which is the central theme for Sith. And he didn't have to kill OB1 in AOTC. He was already down and not getting up, yet he went for a death blow.

Lord Lucien
Yeah by the time of AotC, it's made rather clear that Dooku's goals, however noble or enterprising, would be achieved by brutality, cruelty, unconcern for life, and deliberate deception. Incidentally, such Sithly attitudes went right along with Dooku being a Sith. Whoduv thunk it?

mattatom
Yeah by the time of AotC, it's made rather clear that Dooku's goals, however noble or enterprising, would be achieved by brutality, cruelty, unconcern for life, and deliberate deception. Incidentally, such Sithly attitudes went right along with Dooku being a Sith. Whoduv thunk it? MacgyverDarthBandon

Darth Subjekt
Anyone that can willfully watch and order that his former "brothers" be killed, has absolutely NO regard for life on any level, other than that of his own. Not masters, not pupils, no one.

Count Makashi
I don't know. Dark Rendezvous would disagree with you. Sure, he committed or ordered, or even didn't stop other people doing, very bad stuff, but DR makes it clear, that he actually regrets that he joined the Dark side and all the deaths he caused.
I think, that the case with Dooku is, that he joined Sidious because he actually thought, that he could help the universe and of course for personal power as well. I actually think, that deep down, he was a good person.
I think that reasons, why he remained at Sidious side and committed or didn't stop atrocities were:

1. His quest for power, he wanted to be the best and i think a part of him liked, how much the Dark side made him more powerful.

2. He, was rationalizing, he probably thought something like this

- OK, i will kill this person or these people, but it will be for a general good of the Galaxy,
He was, basically making excuses to himself, to do, or prevent bad stuff.

3. Pride and arrogance. He was a very prideful man. Like i said, i think he regretted joining the Dark Side and deep down wanted to come back to the light, but if he would do that, he would have to admit, to his former colleagues, that he was wrong and that's something, Dooku, doesn't do.

And the most important reason, just like Anakin/Vader he thought he had done to much wrong, to come back to the Light.

- "Yoda a darkness carries with him," the Master said, "and Dooku bears a light. After all these years! Across all these oceans of space! All these bodies you have tried to heap between us: and yet call to me still, this little Dooku does! Flies toward the true Force, like iron pulled to a magnet." Yoda cackled. "Even the blind seed grows to the light: should mighty Dooku be unable to achieve what even the rose can do?"

The Count said, "I have gone too far down the dark path ever to return."

"Pfeh." Yoda snapped his fingers. "The empty universe, where is it now? Alone are you, Count, and no one your master. Each instant the universe annihilates itself, and starts again." He poked Dooku in the chest with his stick, hard. "Choose, and start again
A passage from DR.

-But worse than anything is the memories," he said, more softly still. "They crowd around, like flies on meat. Every despicable thing, every petty vice, every little act of spite."

A cruel, strange quiet stretched out as Ventress panted on the stone floor. Rain ticked against the window glass, and the Count's soft voice went dark and far away.

"All the things you should have stopped, but didn't, and nothing will ever be right again. And the things you've done," he whispered. "By the pitiless stars, the things you've done..."
Passage from DR.

I think that deep inside, he always knew, what he was doing is wrong and that he actually regretted, joining the Dark sideand what he has turned into.
Not to mention that Yoda almost redeemed him in DR, if he was so committed to the Dark side as you said, that wouldn't have almost happened.

When i was reading reviews for this book on some site, some user described him the best:

- Hes obviously a powerful man, who very well knows is on the wrong path, but who cant bring himself, to turn away from it.

Darth Subjekt
Well I call bullshit. Yoda, for one, is a fallible character. He's speaking on his former apprentice and still has a soft spot for him. That doesn't make Dooku any less evil.

Do you recall when OB1 was trying to say the same things about Anakin? And what'd Yoda do? He dismissed it and said that the Sith must be destroyed, BECAUSE he didn't have that connection with Anakin that OB1 did, or like the one he had with Dooku.

Also, if you remember, George Lucas said on many occasions that "no one that's evil thinks they're evil."

Even Sidious, when talking to Anakin, was talking about the Jedi being the evil ones and once again bringing peace to the galaxy. Sidious thought he was a good man too. Does that mean he was? Of course not.

Slash_KMC
Sidious doesn't know he's evil? He thinks that laughing at people getting tortured is good?

Incanus
Yes he does.

Darth Subjekt
Per George Lucas, "No one that's evil, thinks they're evil." Sidious was thinking what he was doing was right, as did Anakin.

Take Hitler for example. Did he think he was "evil?" No. He thought Jews, gays and gypsies were evil and wanted to cleanse the world of them. That is exactly how Sidious feels about Jedi.

Slash_KMC
GL is an idiot for saying that. Theres a difference between Sidious and Hitler. Sidious wanted to be the supreme ruler of the galaxy and force everyone to do what he says, how in any way is that doing the right thing? Even Anakin can't be thinking he's not evil, slaughtering innocent helpless younglings to do what, save his princess?

Nephthys
Sidious didn't believe in evil. Only power.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
GL is an idiot for saying that. Theres a difference between Sidious and Hitler. Sidious wanted to be the supreme ruler of the galaxy and force everyone to do what he says, how in any way is that doing the right thing? Even Anakin can't be thinking he's not evil, slaughtering innocent helpless younglings to do what, save his princess? I'd prefer it if Sidious knew he was morally bankrupt. That would solidify him as the epitome of evil and corruption, not just through deed, but through mentality as well.

Frankly I feel that if someone can spend most of their political life pretending to be moral and just, but really be evil and twisted, then they have a sense of morality and thus a choice (or at least an awareness) of one's own.

draylok3
the funeral bells for the republic grevious killed 6 jedi without breaking a sweat we knew them well may thire,cody and rex rest in peace or pieces

Pwned
POWAH, UNLIIIMETEEEED POWAH!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, DR is one of my favorite books, but Yoda isnt as fallible as you make him out to be, as it was a third party/omniscient narration, Dooku truly was about to return to the light when Mace screwed it up and sent Kenobi and Skywalker, who kicked in the door, and made the Count refuse it all.

Oh well, Dark Side is cooler anyways, they have capes and cookies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.