Blood and "Bone" Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JtEzHZgZL.jpg
Michael Jai White's character from the film Blood and Bone runs this epic martial artist gauntlet. No weapons are present and all fights take place in a dojo. Characters are in mobile street apparel. Bone is fully healed and rested on between fights. How far does he go and how well does he fair against each combatant. Can he clear?

Watch These
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCqiilIhWTM
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXeWbtLBFY&feature=related
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAsJOIPTflI

H2H Only - No Weapons

Gauntlet
1.Liu Kang (Robin Shou/Mortal Kombat)
2.Jason Bourne (Matt Damon/The Bourne Ultimatum)
3.Frank Martin (Jason Statham/The Transporter
4.Kham (Tony Jaa/The Protector)
5.Lee (Bruce Lee/Enter The Dragon)
6.Silk Spectre (Malin Ackerman/Watchmen)
7.Nite Owl (Patrick Wilson/Watchmen)
8.The Comedian Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Watchmen

Darth Martin
No one seen this film yet?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No one seen this film yet?

It was pure shit and he dies at 1.

Darth Martin
Pure shit? I thought it was great for what it was. Only bad thing was the Rufio character.

Bone would beat Liu Kang.

Robtard
Pure shit? I thought it was great for what it was. Only bad thing was the Rufio character.

Bone would beat Liu Kang.

Pure shit, sir.

The fight choreography was pathetic, White is fairly slow (I suspect due to his massive roided-out physic) and you had his opponents literally standing in place for him to complete a jump-kick or whatnot. The guy who played Kang was many times faster in executing his moves.

NemeBro
Why is Liu Kang the first on the list? Considering he could beat everyone on the list by virtue of superhuman attributes and the ability to turn into a dragon?

Alpha Centauri
What a terrible thread.

He falls at Kang.

-AC

jaden101
I think only Frank Martin and Silk Spectre would lose to him. Looks like a dreadful film to me.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
Looks like a dreadful film to me.

This should bury the nail in the coffin for you, actual line from the movie: "his momma named him Bone, because that's what he breaks when he hits."

Darth Martin
The line was a stupid line meant for a stupid character. MJW has screen presence. The film looked good and its a shame it wasn't released on the big screen. Look, I'm not saying it's an oscar winner by any means. No where close. But as a martial arts film, I found it hella enjoyable. Short running time fit. Walker and White had good performances. Great fights.

And Bone wrecks Kang.

Robtard: Not fast enough!?! Rewatch the sword fight scene or the bathroom fight scene in jail.

Rogue Jedi
What AC said. And Rob.

Blinky
Kang gives Bone his bone in the arse.

As said before... shit thread.

Blinky
*EDIT

Rogue Jedi
Shouldn't Kham be higher on the list?

Blinky
Originally posted by Robtard
This should bury the nail in the coffin for you, actual line from the movie: "his momma named him Bone, because that's what he breaks when he hits."
Beautiful... made me weep.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why is Liu Kang the first on the list? Considering he could beat everyone on the list by virtue of superhuman attributes and the ability to turn into a dragon? No powers. This is all strictly H2H and no weapons. Thought this much was obvious.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
What a terrible thread. He falls at Kang.

Originally posted by jaden101
I think only Frank Martin and Silk Spectre would lose to him. Looks like a dreadful film to me. Excuse me? Frank Martin and Silk Spectre lose. But Bourne doesn't. Bone eats Bourne. If he had trouble with Desh, Bone will shit on him.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
What AC said. And Rob. Have you watched the film/fight scenes? How? Where?

If you don't mind me asking?

It seems some of you haven't seen the film and are judging it and Bone's abilities. I own both Mortal Kombat films. The second one is pure shit. Not "Blood and Bone". Bone wrecks. He's faster, hits harder, smarter, and more skilled. You guys are seriously overating Liu Kang.

The only thing "terrible" about this thread is some of you people's responses. But I guess this is the forum where "Sideswipe vs Bumblebee" gets the most replies and actual engaging threads die down in the ranks.

Do me a favor for those of you who haven't watched the film. Watch it. Then form an opinion. Just because a films shit IYO doesn't mean you have to bombard the thread about it. I didn't go in any of the Transformer threads talking about what I thought of ROTF as a film. Or Spider-Man 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Rogue Jedi
No powers. This is all strictly H2H and no weapons. Thought this much was obvious.

Excuse me? Frank Martin and Silk Spectre lose. But Bourne doesn't. Bone eats Bourne. If he had trouble with Desh, Bone will shit on him.

Have you watched the film/fight scenes? How? Where?

If you don't mind me asking?

It seems some of you haven't seen the film and are judging it and Bone's abilities. I own both Mortal Kombat films. The second one is pure shit. Not "Blood and Bone". Bone wrecks. He's faster, hits harder, smarter, and more skilled. You guys are seriously overating Liu Kang.

The only thing "terrible" about this thread is some of you people's responses. But I guess this is the forum where "Sideswipe vs Bumblebee" gets the most replies and actual engaging threads die down in the ranks.

Do me a favor for those of you who haven't watched the film. Watch it. Then form an opinion. Just because a films shit IYO doesn't mean you have to bombard the thread about it. I didn't go in any of the Transformer threads talking about what I thought of ROTF as a film. Or Spider-Man 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Just saying. My bro in law was watching it one day, I caught bits and pieces, seemed like a shit film.

Darth Martin
So you caught bits and pieces and are judging the abilities of the character at hand? Okay....... But then again, you said Watchmen was shit and that's my favorite film(best comicbook film so far) of the year so........

I'll admit, it's not a glorious film. I enjoyed it as a very fun martial arts film. After all, it is direct-to-dvd.

But Bone is insane. I say he starts to face major difficulty at 3.

Rogue Jedi
No, you're right, I should probably watch the entire film before making a call.

Robtard
The line was a stupid line meant for a stupid character. MJW has screen presence. The film looked good and its a shame it wasn't released on the big screen. Look, I'm not saying it's an oscar winner by any means. No where close. But as a martial arts film, I found it hella enjoyable. Short running time fit. Walker and White had good performances. Great fights.

And Bone wrecks Kang.

Robtard: Not fast enough!?! Rewatch the sword fight scene or the bathroom fight scene in jail.

Film was shit. If the fight chreography needs someone to stand by so the hero can execute a move because his muscle-bound body has slowed him, it's shit; it's especially a shit martial arts film. This is irrelevant though to the Vs forum, as is your like of the film.

He wouldn't touch Kang, he's also likely not powerful enough to hurt Kang, as Kang was taking some super-human hits and survived.

Sword fight wasn't anything special, but it's irrelevant, this is H2H, as you said.

The bathroom is one of the "bad guys standing in place" examples.

Blinky
Bad guys standing around waiting to get hit? Sounds like a Van-Damme shitfest.

Darth Martin
He wouldn't touch Kang, he's also likely not powerful enough to hurt Kang, as Kang was taking some super-human hits and survived. Sword fight wasn't anything special, but it's irrelevant, this is H2H, as you said. The bathroom is one of the "bad guys standing in place" examples. Every martial arts film involves random thugs standing stationary only to be pwned by the protagoniost. See The Protector, Watchmen, The Matrix Reloaded, or Enter the Dragon. Blood and Bone is no exception.

The sword fight contains rediculous speed feats and skill. When did Kang take superhuman hits? Smoke? Reptile? Sub-Zero? Please......

Blinky
Everybody knows that some movies take "bad guy standing around" to a new heights, like Van-Damme movies.

Robtard
Every martial arts film involves random thugs standing stationary only to be pwned by the protagoniost. See The Protector, Watchmen, The Matrix Reloaded, or Enter the Dragon. Blood and Bone is no exception.

The sword fight contains rediculous speed feats and skill. When did Kang take superhuman hits? Smoke? Reptile? Sub-Zero? Please......

No, not every martial arts film does this. There's also degrees as how bad it's done.

No, not ridiculous amounts of speed. This is also a sword fight, it has no bearing here in a H2H. Unless you've decided to give Bone-boy a sword.

When he faced (and defeated) those 5-6 armed warriors Shang Tsung summoned from the ground, those cats where strong enough to break through a foot of rock.

(I think) Shang Tsung also showed some great strength feats earlier in that shit film, could be wrong, watched it when it came out.

Darth Martin
1.Not every film, yes, but the ones involving characters we debate, usually.
2.Obviously he's unarmed here. But that scene does show his attack speed and skill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgQUKc_qQA
3.Bone would beat those guys faster. Bone's faster than Kang, hits harder, more skilled, possibly more durable(build), and has actual weapon skill. He'd take the samurai sword and pwn everyone.
4.I don't remember any. Shang Tsung sucked if you ask me. That's why he fought for maybe 15 seconds and then resorted to tricks.

Robtard
Look how slowly and feebly the evil-negro is swinging about his sword, looks like a complete amateur. It's clear these fools didn't take the time like Wesley Snipes to study swordplay.

Bone isn't all that fast, that very clip shows it.

Only part of the film that was decent (because it was funny), was when Kimbo Slice and his crew ass-rape that evil-negro at the end and he makes that oh so stupid face and scream. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone, but you're not missing anything.

Darth Martin
1."These fools"? Bone was fine. James was the amateur.
2.I kinda overestimated his speed in that scene. My bad. I still say he's faster than Kang.
3.Only part that was funny? "Where that nigga Boounne?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDBxb_BKPtY&feature=related

chilled monkey
This is also a sword fight, it has no bearing here in a H2H.

Beg your pardon but it does, since the point was how fast he moved in that sword fight. Holding a sword doesn't amp up his speed, so if he could move fast with a sword he can move fast without.

Just saying.

Rogue Jedi
Look how slowly and feebly the evil-negro is swinging about his sword, looks like a complete amateur. It's clear these fools didn't take the time like Wesley Snipes to study swordplay.

Bone isn't all that fast, that very clip shows it.

Only part of the film that was decent (because it was funny), was when Kimbo Slice and his crew ass-rape that evil-negro at the end and he makes that oh so stupid face and scream. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone, but you're not missing anything. I bet he took the time to pay his taxes.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I bet he took the time to pay his taxes.

Uncle Tom mother****a, conforming to the man.

Rogue Jedi
He broke the law and got spanked, simple as that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.