Starfire vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
Takes place in an open field.

KingD19
Colossus, however, Star takes a few due to her flight abilities, she can BFR him. He's stronger and more durable though, and he can more than likely tank her energy blasts.

Konton
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus, however, Star takes a few due to her flight abilities, she can BFR him. He's stronger and more durable though, and he can more than likely tank her energy blasts.

Tanking her energy blasts didn't work so well for Braniac.

Prep-Man
i don't think Colossus can even hit her.

KingD19
Colossus isn't Brainiac though.

Konton
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus isn't Brainiac though.

I don't see him as being more durable than Braniac's ship.

-Pr-
Starfire, imo.

BruceSkywalker
Starfire, especially if she just fires while flying

comicfan11
I think the field favors Starfire.
She can just fly and bomb the whole area.
But if Colossus can withstand the attacks and SF decides to go h2h she loses.

I 'm leaning towards Colossus unless SF really turns up the heat.

complexbrother
^^^ I agree

Konton
Originally posted by comicfan11
I think the field favors Starfire.
She can just fly and bomb the whole area.
But if Colossus can withstand the attacks and SF decides to go h2h she loses.

I 'm leaning towards Colossus unless SF really turns up the heat.

I'd say she's a better h2h combatant than he is. She lacks the multitude of feats he has but she was written to be warrior princess from birth. She's been portrayed to be a better melee fighter than Donna for years. Donna herself being able to make Wonder Woman work for wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Konton
I'd say she's a better h2h combatant than he is. She lacks the multitude of feats he has but she was written to be warrior princess from birth. She's been portrayed to be a better melee fighter than Donna for years. Donna herself being able to make Wonder Woman work for wins.

i think he meant pete's strength and durability would do the trick in a h2h match.

Kris Blaze
Even without flight Starfire could probably take this one home.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Starfire wins through battle field removal. If this went down to hand to hand, Colossus puts her down.

comicfan11
Originally posted by -Pr-
i think he meant pete's strength and durability would do the trick in a h2h match.

Exactly

Konton
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Starfire wins through battle field removal. If this went down to hand to hand, Colossus puts her down.

Resurrecting a really old thread, but Starfire won an Amazonian tournament comprised of nearly every Amazon on the island (excluding Diana, Donna, and Artemis).

Wild Shadow
are the average amazonian just enhanced or peak human? erm

Konton
Enhanced. But Amazonian tournaments are generally all about skill, not strength.

Wild Shadow
one of which starfire is missing in large quantities unlike the amazonian warriors... erm

she might be competent but she sure as hell isnt on the same lvl as the amazonians if she won it has more to do with her physiology then her being better skilled then them.

Konton
Starfire was born and raised a warrior since birth among an entire race of powerful warriors.

Not as skilled as Amazons? Donna Troy is definitely in the top class of the Amazonian skill bracket and Starfire always beat Donna in sparring two out of three times. This was stated on panel during a sparring session in which Starfire, you know, won.

Wild Shadow
Starfire was born and raised a warrior since birth among an entire race of powerful warriors.

Not as skilled as Amazons? Donna Troy is definitely in the top class of the Amazonian skill bracket and Starfire always beat Donna in sparring two out of three times. This was stated on panel during a sparring session in which Starfire, you know, won. Sparring and being born to a warrior class doesnt make her equal to the amazonian lvl of fighting... its her power lvl that allows her to be an effective fighter..

hell without her flight she would get beaten down by Colossus on the same hand if it was WW with starfires physical attributes she would tear colossus a new one.

Konton
Beating Donna and an entire island of Amazons should put her equal to the Amazons... right? I don't see where her physical attributes fall into place against Donna who is definitely on her level.

Wild Shadow
thats like putting colossus and Cage in the same tournament an they winning and then claiming they are one of the best skilled warriors of that entire civilization.

Konton
But... if they won then yeah, pretty sure that counts for something.

Wild Shadow
yeah it was a one sided mismatch... a Sumo wrestler vs a midget..

z2CTihQy_XE

tideoftime
Colossus is tough, and stronger/more durable than Kory; she has the advantage, though, in open combat like this, via flight and having not inconsiderable strength. Also, as has been mentioned already, an often underplayed aspect of Starfire that many people who haven't been really up on her for the past 30 years is she's actually a top-tier MA -- in the old DC scaling system (akin to the old Marvel Class ranking), she was actually ranked in the same range as Batman for a number of years (MA:10), and ahead of both Donna and Dick( though he was a much better ranked acrobat and strategist). I'd say Kory via BFR almost every time, if she goes that route, or about 6-7/10 if attempting subdue him over a protracted fight. He wins, though, if it is just a physical power vs. physical power fight, as her skill, while better than his, isn't going to help enough to make up for his being stronger and a tank.

SamZED
Resurrecting a really old thread, but Starfire won an Amazonian tournament comprised of nearly every Amazon on the island (excluding Diana, Donna, and Artemis). What book and #?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.