Rejected

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omnislash Kid
REJECTED

In the SPRING of 1999, the FAMIiY LEARNiNG CHANNEL commissioned ANiMATOR DON HERTZFELDT tO PRODUCE PROMOTiONAL SEGMENTS FOR THEiR NETWORK.

the CARTOONS WERE COMPLETED iN FiVE WEEKS. the FAMiLY LEANRiNG CHANNEL REJECTED ALL OF THEM UPON REViEW, AND THEY WERE NEVER AiRED.

Man: My spoon is to big. My spoon is to big. My spoon is to big.
Banana: I am a banana.

you're watching
THE FAMILY LEARNING CHANNEL

Man 1: "Tuesdays coming, did you bring your coat?"
Man 2: "I live in a giant bucket"
Man 1: Has growth coming out of his head. "Hoyah!"
Growth: grows arms, eyes, and mouth. "Godzilla mebybuteina keep kabyet"
Man 2: ****

Pig with tentacles for legs flies overhead making jet plane noises

you're watching the FAMILY LEARNING CHANNEL

3 people with hats in front of a sign that read, "SILLY HATS ONLY"

Another man walks into the group.
The group looks at the man.
The man looks back at them and then the ground.

Man is dead on the ground being beat with bats by the group

Narrator: "You're watching the 'Family Learning Channel'. And now angry ticks fire out of my nipples"

Awww f*** this
I'm not typing the whole god damned thing

Jaeh.is.Awesome
....the point of this thread is....?

Omnislash Kid
I just want to see how many people know who Don Hertzfeldt is
Other than that I just wanted it to take up space and hope people might waste their time hoping to give advice when really they're just opening a thread that is seemingly meaningless. What were you hoping it was?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i don't know who he is.

fail thread.

i was hoping it was something of possible importance, or something people could actually talk about.

Omnislash Kid
It's something of importance to me. I just really want to know how many people know who Don is. IF they dont know then I can only hope that our future will not be drained of all creativity. That's all

Jaeh.is.Awesome
OH. okay. smile

Link to the original article, then stick out tongue don't make it too hard on yourself.

I don't know who the cartoonist is, but that just really sucks. isnt that a violation of any contract or something?

Omnislash Kid
haha
I would rather type it (I dont know why)
And no, I dont think it is? Why would it be?

dadudemon
I know who he is. I say "my spoon is too big." all the time. Fer realz.

I wish he made more of those. Those were great.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
oh.. wait.. sorry, I sort of misread. I thought that his cartoons are supposed to aired, but he got trashed. but, if he got rejected on the bases of his contract (e.g., he makes stuff, and its SUPPOSED to be aired no matter what because he's already contracted, but the channel can make minor adjustments or demands on their behalf...) then he could sue.

but it seems that the dude's free to be rejected upon review.

either way, that really just sucks. the time that he spent making those is wasted... I think..

Omnislash Kid
he did -_-
That's what I also have noticed that I strongly dislike. People who have only seen Rejected
If you're going to see something that somebody that is amazing why not further look into other pieces of art that they have made? Logic has gone down the train

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
he did -_-
That's what I also have noticed that I strongly dislike. People who have only seen Rejected
If you're going to see something that somebody that is amazing why not further look into other pieces of art that they have made? Logic has gone down the train

train or drain? stick out tongue

...maybe it's not good enough for those people up top. or maybe there's a bunch of other reasons. that usually happens.

the bad thing about this is, that the dude who made the cartoon's time was wasted and the hard work he made was, too. I'm not sure if he's good, but based on the effort...

Omnislash Kid
yeah I meant, "drain". I wasn't paying attention while I was typing (though that's obvious as you can see lol)

he is good
He did the artwork for the poptart commercials
Now I know what you're thinking, "They're only stick figures" right?
Well even though they are his work is still brilliant. It's really something you'd have to see for yourself. he's won numerous amounts of awards for his work. I only wish people would appreciate his work like I did. He truly deserves the credit

AngryManatee
Post the vids instead of the dialogue.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i don't really know the poptart ones, because I'm not from the US. stick out tongue

but I'll take your word for it.

who knows, maybe he'll get a break some other time.

Omnislash Kid
haha well you should look them up (you to AngryManatee. Though I suppose I could just save you time and give you the link)
ok well here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgQqSVrkkag

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
haha well you should look them up (you to AngryManatee. Though I suppose I could just save you time and give you the link)
ok well here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgQqSVrkkag

I cast youtoobs, it's super effective!

rgQqSVrkkag

Fpc5vgi9zbM

kYqKucJTn2c

HUBBsA9wvXQ

Or7y2baq2h0

EF4fPcdwvdE

BMGx6m4_nGo

killmuuus
what the hell...why am i here?

Omnislash Kid
I once tried putting in html. Didn't work so well on this site lol.

Ladyluck
I like his cartoons, they make me laugh(most of them). My favourite is probably Billy's Balloon.

WhoopeeDee
TV forum...

Omnislash Kid
No. Not TV forum. And yes, Billy's Balloon is amazing. Now I know children learn to walk so they can escape the ballooning

shiv
Pathetic You mean he expected to be paid for this Weak shit.

Good to know executives at the Network recognise third rate "bootleg anime" when they see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.