Kanye West Hates White People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhoopeeDee
I got a suspicion that he is racist. mmm

(Or just a big jerk)

I thought I was done with you a long time ago my friendly wicked twin.

No but seriously, you think he is? (no personal attacks please)

jaden101
Neither him nor Taylor Swift have an ounce of talent between them so personally I couldn't give a shit about the incident.

She'd get twa pumps 'n' a squirt though.

Ms.Marvel
hes either racist or just an idiot. possibly a bit of both.

theres a method to his madness. hes back in the scene and controversy sells records.

steverules_2
He's a jerk/idiot

Bardock42
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
I got a suspicion that he is racist. mmm

(Or just a big jerk)

I thought I was done with you a long time ago my friendly wicked twin.

No but seriously, you think he is? (no personal attacks please) Why do you think he's racist?

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by steverules_2
He's a jerk/idiot

He's Ugly too!

Darth Macabre
But, but, but her video is one of the best of all time!

No, but seriously, he's a chump.

-Pr-
Some of his lyrics give me the impression that he's racist. Don't know for sure, though.

He's definitely an idiot, at least when it comes to common sense and decency.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Neither him nor Taylor Swift have an ounce of talent between them so personally I couldn't give a shit about the incident.

Agreed, on both accounts.

steverules_2
He's Ugly too!

Yeah! We should send him a letter saying that!

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Some of his lyrics give me the impression that he's racist. Don't know for sure, though.

He's definitely an idiot, at least when it comes to common sense and decency.

I don't listen to his music, so could you give a couple of examples?

Yes, he is.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think he's racist, I think he's just stupid.

Example: he feels Bush hates black people, he feels MTV don't give black people enough "chances"; evidenced by his quote "Give a black man a chance!" from one of his past outbursts.

I don't think he is racist so much as he feels he's a victim of racism.

He has expressed a love of multiple white musicians such as Daft Punk and Portishead. A racist would be beyond that.

He's just stupid.

-AC

dadudemon
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't think he's racist, I think he's just stupid.

Example: he feels Bush hates black people, he feels MTV don't give black people enough "chances"; evidenced by his quote "Give a black man a chance!" from one of his past outbursts.

I don't think he is racist so much as he feels he's a victim of racism.

He has expressed a love of multiple white musicians such as Daft Punk and Portishead. A racist would be beyond that.

He's just stupid.

-AC

That's illogical. A racist certainly WOULD praise a person of the race they despise. Happens all the time in primary sources for stories told by ex-slaves or people who experienced racism. Never heard of a racist white dude praising a black person before? I have. no expression

A blanket idea that a racist cannot praise the race of the target of their hate, is a bit naive, don't you think?

However, that doesn't diminish your point as I get it. Just that, you made a mistake by making a blanket statement, and I don't want people to think you're right about that racism comment....just something that bugged me.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's illogical. A racist certainly WOULD praise a person of the race they despise. Happens all the time in primary sources for stories told by ex-slaves or people who experienced racism. Never heard of a racist white dude praising a black person before? I have. no expression

A blanket idea that a racist cannot praise the race of the target of their hate, is a bit naive, don't you think?

However, that doesn't diminish your point as I get it. Just that, you made a mistake by making a blanket statement, and I don't want people to think you're right about that racism comment....just something that bugged me.

If he's a racist praising the race he hates, then he's not technically a racist...or he's a very bad racist...which is good.

If he were a true racist, which I hope he isn't and obviously isn't, then he wouldn't be.

-AC

dadudemon
If he's a racist praising the race he hates, then he's not technically a racist...or he's a very bad racist...which is good.

Or, he's a racist that has a personality and doesn't fit into your rigid idea of what a racist acts like.

You do know that there are some racists out there who say they aren't racist, but ARE racist? You do know that there are some racists that say things that run opposite of their racism.....sometimes specifically to dispell they idea that they are racist, right?

If he were a true racist, which I hope he isn't and obviously isn't, then he wouldn't be.

-AC

Racism comes into degrees, bro. It's not "either you're racist or you're not."

Alpha Centauri
Or, he's a racist that has a personality and doesn't fit into your rigid idea of what a racist acts like.

You do know that there are some racists out there who say they aren't racist, but ARE racist? You do know that there are some racists that say things that run opposite of their racism.....sometimes specifically to dispell they idea that they are racist, right?

Racism comes into degrees, bro. It's not "either you're racist or you're not."

Yes, but he's worked with and praised white musicians.

That's a Hell of a lot of tolerance for a racist. I don't buy the idea of "tolerant racists".

I have known a guy, and his family, who make xenophobic and racist comments, but you can tell they aren't actually racist. It's mindless nationalism, it's not that they are intolerant of other races. They have friends in other races.

You can't have both.

Racism is a term defined by INTOLERANCE. If you can tolerate the race you hate to the point of collaborating with them, then I can't take your racism seriously.

-AC

MildPossession
He is rather an idiotic c***, this the second time now? That poor girl looked heartbroken.

BackFire
Would you expect anything less from an uneducated rapper?

The guy flunked out of art school. ART SCHOOL.

Stupid people do stupid things. His goofy antics should surprise no one after the idiocy of his 'George Bush hates black people' comment.

inimalist
huh, don't follow popular media, so I don't really get the Kanye hate...

Golddigger was awesome, and anything even remotely close to Daft Punk rocks

I don't think he's a racist, it certainly doesn't come out in his music.

... ya, really, I thought he was way better than all the "gangster black alpha male big gun and penis" crap... lol, shows what I know about hip hop

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by BackFire

Stupid people do stupid things. His goofy antics should surprise no one after the idiocy of his 'George Bush hates white people' comment.

hmm

Eh?!

I have a sneaky suspicion here...

I drop out of college...

Goofy is my avatar...

My thread title is a reversal of what Kanye said about Bush....

How Dare YOU call me a racist?! bawling

BackFire
See that tirade that you posted, WD?

That proves you are smarter than Kanye West.

Bloinky
Come on guys.......Aren't you forgetting that Kanye West is a GAY FISH!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by inimalist
huh, don't follow popular media, so I don't really get the Kanye hate...

Golddigger was awesome, and anything even remotely close to Daft Punk rocks

I don't think he's a racist, it certainly doesn't come out in his music.

... ya, really, I thought he was way better than all the "gangster black alpha male big gun and penis" crap... lol, shows what I know about hip hop Most of us are talking about his incident last night.

Stoic
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
hes either racist or just an idiot. possibly a bit of both.

theres a method to his madness. hes back in the scene and controversy sells records.

I was thinking the same thing.

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Most of us are talking about his incident last night.

lol, what happened last night?

embarrasment

EDIT: nevermind, saw a video, celebrety nonsense, word!

Darth Macabre
lol, what happened last night?

embarrasment

EDIT: nevermind, saw a video, celebrety nonsense, word! Walked on the stage, ripped the mic from Taylor Swift's hands, and proceeded to question the legitimacy of her award.

inimalist
the horror

eep!

lol

Darth Jello
Isn't he just a tactless, pompous ******* with narcissistic personality disorder and a gay fish who uses a vocoder as a crutch?

Bloinky
Why isn't Gay Fish on the poll?

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Bloinky
Why isn't Gay Fish on the poll? laughing
kanye was definetely a dick. i don't listen to either of them btw

lil bitchiness
Kanye West is the ultimate troll.

Darth Jello
Do you think the vocoder is hiding something (other than an inability to sing)? Like, what if his actual singing voice sounded like the pimply teen from the simpsons.

Darth Martin
Not racist. Just stupid. Plain and simple.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Robtard
I don't listen to his music, so could you give a couple of examples?

Yes, he is.

sorry, i honestly meant videos, not lyrics. my bad.

the diamonds of sierra leone is the one that comes to mind for me. and to boot, he murdered a shirley bassey song. the bstard.

Darth Martin
James Bond comes before Kanye West over here but that was a great song. His first two albums were very good. Didn't hear much of Graduation or 808's. He's also a talented producer. My thing is, judge a person by there profession, not by there outside antics.

He still seems stupid though. This isn't the first time this happened. He did something similar in 2006 at another MTV Awards show in Europe.

Scythe
Originally posted by BackFire

Stupid people do stupid things. His goofy antics should surprise no one after the idiocy of his 'George Bush hates black people' comment.

Hahaha, art school you say. That's just great!

blandy86
Originally posted by -Pr-
sorry, i honestly meant videos, not lyrics. my bad.

the diamonds of sierra leone is the one that comes to mind for me. and to boot, he murdered a shirley bassey song. the bstard.
luv how he raps about blood diamonds, and then still wears them

~The Wickerman~
He should just be banned from any award ceremony in the future erm

Bicnarok

FistOfThe North
I wonder what the reaction would've been had he been white.

probably "oh, he's a misogynist!"

lol

human nature's hilarious. it's the natural comedy of our kind. if it aint one thing it's got to be another.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

You're a very special person aren't you?

FistOfThe North
my momma thinks so, at least.

jinXed by JaNx
fishdicks that joke has even more relevancy now than it did before. PRICELESS. KAnye West is the fuk up gift that keeps on giving.

dadudemon

lol

human nature's hilarious. it's the natural comedy of our kind. if it aint one thing it's got to be another.

That wouldn't be correct as he was trying to give props to Beyonce. no expression

Darth Jello
it was supposed to be off the record, but did anyone hear that Obama called him a jackass?

Juk3n
He's a talented producer, with a huge ego and a serious lack of people skills. There are many like him. But... Taylor need to know she didnt really have the best video. He did her a favour, she would have been a real diva after that win, now she will forever be a down to earth, respectful artist, always humble and ready to sign an autograph.

Kanye did Taylor Swift fans a favour, some peeps on here act like he shot the frickin president!

eek!

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Juk3n
He's a talented producer, with a huge ego and a serious lack of people skills. There are many like him. But... Taylor need to know she didnt really have the best video. He did her a favour, she would have been a real diva after that win, now she will forever be a down to earth, respectful artist, always humble and ready to sign an autograph.

Kanye did Taylor Swift fans a favour, some peeps on here act like he shot the frickin president!

eek!

The little girl was already a down to earth humble human being. If anything. She is going to be overly pampered for this and may be sheltered even more than she already is. If anything, he just saved himself due to shitting on someone else. Oh, and the jury is still out on whether or not rap is actually considered music.

Ms.Marvel
i feel that way about rock music. i dont know why some people consider it to be "music".

whistle

Kursh36
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Oh, and the jury is still out on whether or not rap is actually considered music.

dadudemon
i feel that way about rock music. i dont know why some people consider it to be "music".

whistle

Not to say that Hip Hop ISN'T music, but, let's put it this way:

I can make an entire hip hop song, start to finish, lyrics and music, in about an hour. 15 minutes for the lyrics and recording, and 45 minutes for the music. And, to boot, the music I would make would be more complex and varied than the majority of hip hop songs. Don't believe me? Check out that video where a dude makes hip hop music in 30 minutes in fruity loops....and it was more complex and varied than the majoroity of hip hop music out there. I saw ways that he could have improved his time....but he just recorded it to show that it could be done.

inimalist
dude, thats absolute bullshit

make me a beat in 30 min

FistOfThe North
That wouldn't be correct as he was trying to give props to Beyonce. no expression

true.

so i guess folks would've just stuck with the words "dcik" or "racist". My point still stands. if it ain't one word it's another.

Symmetric Chaos
true.

so i guess folks would've just stuck with the words "dcik" or "racist". My point still stands. if it ain't one word it's another.

The guy acts like a racist dick. What's the point in describing him as something else?

Darth Jello
Has anyone heard the Obama recording? He sounds like Hank Hill!!!!

"Well, that Taylor Swift seems like a nice girl boy I tell ya what. But that Kanye West had to go and make a jackass of himself. Yup!"

dadudemon
dude, thats absolute bullshit

make me a beat in 30 min

Oh really?

I had time to make a new sound, make that sound as part of a song, mess with the new sound in weird ways, and make a beat track. All from srcratch. Guess what? Took about 20 minutes. no expression

I don't think you realize how easy it is to make some techno music? Example: drum and bass. Retardedly easy to do. Sure, one will have to shit out $700 for the pre-mixed beats...but varying them up, adding effects, and messing with sounds to make it "sound cool".....cinch.

Drum and Bass tracks are a dime a dozen. GOOD drum and bass, like squarepusher, are much harder to make and take much longer to make.

Have you ever messed with Fruity Loops before? What about Reason? Garage Band?

Some rap songs are so incredibly easy to mix, it's retarded.

Throw in some sounds: bass, percussion, into a drum machine PLOP, you gotta an entire beat rack for a hip hop song. Throw in a few sounds...boom! hip hop song is completely done.

I'll search out the video when I get home....cause there's really people out there that make songs, craddle to grave, in 30 minutes or less.

Edit - I just asked my coworker and he said I'm a tard if it takes me 45 minutes to make the music track. He said he busts them out for fun, in 20. no expression (We're talking about hip hop, still.)

KidRock
stop oppressing his people and maybe he wont hate u.

dadudemon
Here's an example of some music whipped up in Fruity Loops.
You can tell the person had made this song before, or made a similar song before, but he also messes around a bit, trying different things. The finished product just has tacks mixed and matched with some fade and gain effects added, and I think some reverb on a couple of the tracks, but that's it. Rather simple, eh?

wud82QbQPp8

Here, this dude just uses and existing sample and goes to town. There are WAY more out there than this, as far as sample tracks go. Some sample tracks are actually pre-rendered/mixed samples that import into fruity loops which allow you to manipulate them in your own way. Seriously.

And, here's a little tutorial on Reason, which is a more powerful tool than Fruity Loops.
lNq9vTW-oBU

Kind of demystifies music, doesn't it? Now, this isn't to say all mainstream music is like this. It's not. For example, even though I could whip up a song in Fruity Loops in an hour and it sounds like the shit you here from hip hop artists, doesn't mean I am anywhere close to being as good as Aphex Twin. Richard D. James is a genius. His music is complex, extremely versatile, and unique.

Here's another.

jinXed by JaNx

whistle

I know you probably think you feel that way but somewhere inside of you you know you're wrong. Look, i'm not saying hippety hoppety isn't fun to listen to. Some of it can be pleasing to the brain but it's still paint by numbers. We need to stop referring to hippety hoppers as musicians. Maybe poets or maybe sound technicians but we shouldn't call them musicians.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The guy acts like a racist dick.

How does he act racist?

Bicnarok

Kris Blaze

whistle

facepalm

Placidity
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Kanye West not only has a daft name, makes crap music where he just talks in some odd voice all the time, is respect less like in that award ceremony where he interrupted some WHITE award winner and is a racist dick.

Just as importantly, is the fact that he points out that the person that should've won, Beyonce, is BLACK.

That plus his comments about how Bush doesn't like black people, you can kind of piece it together, especially since Kanye is not sophisticated at all, and his mindset would be as transparent as Simple Jack.

Even if you don't agree with this, there's no denying Kanye is one of the dumbest mother****ers out there.

Darth Jello
Because in the modern definition of music a continuous consonant and dissonant resolving harmonic and melodic structure are paradoxically non-musical?

I've actually heard Youth Build kids at my old AmeriCorps job tell me that they won't listen to anything with a melody cause that's "fake, white man music"

inimalist
I don't think you realize how easy it is to make some techno music? Example: drum and bass. Retardedly easy to do. Sure, one will have to shit out $700 for the pre-mixed beats...but varying them up, adding effects, and messing with sounds to make it "sound cool".....cinch.

I've made "techno" music for over 7 years, so...

?

EDIT:

sure, someone on the internet can make simple beats quickly, that isn't:

I can make an entire hip hop song, start to finish, lyrics and music, in about an hour.

This is my point. I REALLY doubt you could. If you can, do it.

Fat Mike, the lead singer of NOFX, deliberatly limits how long he spends writing songs. I can mess around on the organ or in Reason for 10 min and come up with a lick that is better than anything that takes me 2 hours of complex work. My friends band can jam on stuff for the first time which is better than any subsequent attempts at it. Lots of rock bands in the 70s demanded that the songs they cut be done first take, as it was the most raw.

Then there is the whole issue of minimal and what is necessary.

But ya, my bigger point is that I really suspect, even with preprogramed beat, bass and synth loops, that you couldn't produce a full hip hop song in an hour.

Robtard
Does it really matter how long it takes to make any particular piece of music? If you like it, you like, right.

It's also pretty silly to state what is and what isn't music, as it's highly subjective.

Sadako of Girth
I agree.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Because in the modern definition of music a continuous consonant and dissonant resolving harmonic and melodic structure are paradoxically non-musical?

I've actually heard Youth Build kids at my old AmeriCorps job tell me that they won't listen to anything with a melody cause that's "fake, white man music"

They should love death metal and musique concrete then..
But these guys saying that sound like close minded fools to me.

inimalist
Does it really matter how long it takes to make any particular piece of music? If you like it, you like, right.

It's also pretty silly to state what is and what isn't music, as it's highly subjective.

thumb up

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I agree.

They should love death metal and musique concrete then..
But these guys saying that sound like close minded fools to me.

Death Metal is still structured on extremely conventional patterns and sound in music theory. Musique Concrete depends on the artist but often has an underlying theme or structure and harmony even if it isn't consonant.

KidRock
In other news both Joe Wilson and all the Obama Protesters are racist according to Jimmy Carter.

TombSTONE4
WOW! Kid Rock. I love your hair. And when you wear wifebeaters and dont care about not having muscles I think it is sooo sexy! Plus that overbite is a clear indication of oral fixation. I'M IN!

Darth Jello
Originally posted by KidRock
In other news both Joe Wilson and all the Obama Protesters are racist according to Jimmy Carter.

Or you can not be a monomaniac and stay on topic.

Sadako of Girth
Death Metal is still structured on extremely conventional patterns and sound in music theory. Musique Concrete depends on the artist but often has an underlying theme or structure and harmony even if it isn't consonant.

But so is most music. Otherwise it be formless.
Regardless of the mode, scale or whatever pallette of notes you choose you can be reductionised to "oh its just this or that" when you can analyse the piece technically.

Music concrete is still the more atonal/polytonal, avante garde in its form than any music that the guy who made that statement could put together.
Same for some more abstract forms of metal.

I can point out also that most leading Black artists rely on conventions too. Highlighting the pointlessness of the guy's statement. (especially when going about it with the attitude of limiting himself creatively by going "ooooh no! Melody! Thats too white"wink

Listen to Fantomas's catalogue. If that falls into the usual "melodic white man's music" bracket by anyone's definitions, then their definitions are totally wrong. smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwrMdusKOMw

FistOfThe North
huuuhhh, lol

Why did Kanye have to go on and mess with a white woman like that. Is he stupid or what. I mean, hasn't he learned from history? It's the same punishement. Now look what happened. He got hanged by whites.

When i saw that i said Whites are gonna be fumin'. They already despise him.

lol wouldn't wanna be him right now.

Meh who knows, this flogging ought'a seal his antics.

Kanye's music's cool and i'm going to keep listening to it. he's not a rapper i typically listen too but whenever my girl throws the radio on in her car and he pops up i tolerate it. like he's not annoying enough for me to switch the dial.

Now Tayor Swift could die in a fiery train/car crash moments from now and i wouldn't bat an eye about it. don't know her, never heard any of her songs, i hate country music and that's that.

Kanye was stupid cause he did it the wrong way. He should've done it in a rag or on radio. It's like he almost seemed to forget that he was black, lol. And you can't be doing sh*t like that, man. Especially to confedarate country music folk.

w/e he'll bounce back, he'll still selll records, moreso even now, andthe whole sh*t was unecessarily blown way way outta proportion.

Sadako of Girth
Well he earned his flogging here.

Doesn't make him Kunta Kinte.

Whether or not he was black, isnt really relevant.
Only in the minds of those with race hate in their heart, as you still seem to have..
He was being a disrespectful prick and got called on it.

End of.

Apart from that I agree with your penultimate statement:
He could a picked a different moment with which to express his view..

Robtard
huuuhhh, lol

Why did Kanye have to go on and mess with a white woman like that. Is he stupid or what. I mean, hasn't he learned from history? It's the same punishement. Now look what happened. He got hanged by whites.

When i saw that i said Whites are gonna be fumin'. They already despise him.

lol wouldn't wanna be him right now.

Meh who knows, this flogging ought'a seal his antics.

Kanye's music's cool and i'm going to keep listening to it. he's not a rapper i typically listen too but whenever my girl throws the radio on in her car and he pops up i tolerate it. like he's not annoying enough for me to switch the dial.

Now Tayor Swift could die in a fiery train/car crash moments from now and i wouldn't bat an eye about it. don't know her, never heard any of her songs, i hate country music and that's that.

Kanye was stupid cause he did it the wrong way. He should've done it in a rag or on radio. It's like he almost seemed to forget that he was black, lol. And you can't be doing sh*t like that, man. Especially to confedarate country music folk.

w/e he'll bounce back, he'll still selll records, moreso even now, andthe whole sh*t was unecessarily blown way way outta proportion.

You're making it racial, when it isn't. If Eminem(or any other white performer) had went on stage, taken the mic from Swift and ranted that someone else should win, he'd be labeled a stupid @sshole too.

West's racial remarks in the past don't help his image either, but that's irrelevant here. It was his actions; not the color of his skin that garnered the negative feedback.

Edit: Or what Sadako said above.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Oh, and the jury is still out on whether or not rap is actually considered music. Who's court? Who have you given a listen to?

WhoopeeDee
Here's an example of some music whipped up in Fruity Loops.
You can tell the person had made this song before, or made a similar song before, but he also messes around a bit, trying different things. The finished product just has tacks mixed and matched with some fade and gain effects added, and I think some reverb on a couple of the tracks, but that's it. Rather simple, eh?

wud82QbQPp8

Here, this dude just uses and existing sample and goes to town. There are WAY more out there than this, as far as sample tracks go. Some sample tracks are actually pre-rendered/mixed samples that import into fruity loops which allow you to manipulate them in your own way. Seriously.

And, here's a little tutorial on Reason, which is a more powerful tool than Fruity Loops.
lNq9vTW-oBU

Kind of demystifies music, doesn't it? Now, this isn't to say all mainstream music is like this. It's not. For example, even though I could whip up a song in Fruity Loops in an hour and it sounds like the shit you here from hip hop artists, doesn't mean I am anywhere close to being as good as Aphex Twin. Richard D. James is a genius. His music is complex, extremely versatile, and unique.

Here's another.

laughing out loud I love Fruitty Loops!

Kris Blaze
Good.

We hate him right back.

inimalist
laughing out loud I love Fruitty Loops!

Buzz Tracker, man, Buzz Tracker smile cool

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Whether or not he was black, isnt really relevant.

refer to thread title.

don't care if it's sarcasm the subtlty's there.

Another example. If you go on youtube, the under this overblown case, the word "ni**er" is used alot in reference to K. West in posts.

So, it's relevant.

And Robtard had Eminem done it it would've been stupid if it was about race cause they're both white, aren't they..

And again how has Kanye or what has he said or done him to be called a racist..

Bardock42
Not to say that Hip Hop ISN'T music, but, let's put it this way:

I can make an entire hip hop song, start to finish, lyrics and music, in about an hour. 15 minutes for the lyrics and recording, and 45 minutes for the music. And, to boot, the music I would make would be more complex and varied than the majority of hip hop songs. Don't believe me? Check out that video where a dude makes hip hop music in 30 minutes in fruity loops....and it was more complex and varied than the majoroity of hip hop music out there. I saw ways that he could have improved his time....but he just recorded it to show that it could be done.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/Fun%20and%20Internet/KanyeWestdadudemon.jpg

Funny though, your boy RJ did that same thing you often do and did there just a few minutes ago.

Robtard

And Robtard had Eminem done it it would've been stupid if it was about race cause they're both white, aren't they..

You missed the point, just because Kanye is black, Beyonce is black and Swift is white, doesn't automatically make an issue racial.

You take the stance that any negative thoughts towards a black person from a white person is automatically racially driven.

Guy's an idiot; he did yet another idiotic move; that's why people think he's an ass.

dadudemon
I've made "techno" music for over 7 years, so...

?
Cool.

Will you share some of your music? big grin

EDIT:

sure, someone on the internet can make simple beats quickly, that isn't:

This is my point. I REALLY doubt you could. If you can, do it.

But ya, my bigger point is that I really suspect, even with preprogramed beat, bass and synth loops, that you couldn't produce a full hip hop song in an hour.

The music portion, it would take less than 30 minutes, if I had some practice. Writing several verses of rhyme and a chorus? Nah, that'd be easy as hell. But mixing the tracks and actually producing the track, yeah, that'd take a while as making it sound professional takes quite a while and I do NOT have the time for that. That'd take longer than making the music and recording the rap tracks and putting them together.

So, yeah, subtract the lyrics out of the equation, and leave just the "music" portion of it and there's my point.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/Fun%20and%20Internet/KanyeWestdadudemon.jpg

Funny though, your boy RJ did that same thing you often do and did there just a few minutes ago.

Yeah, you're an idiot. You really missed my point and instead of actually trying to understand it, you've taken the "let's make fun of dadudemon because he said he's awesome" approach. Even after posting vids of KIDS making hip hop tracks in less than 30 minutes, thereby proving my point, you still post this shit.

Reported.

Bardock42
Yeah, you're an idiot. You really missed my point and instead of actually trying to understand it, you've taken the "let's make fun of dadudemon because he said he's awesome" approach. Even after posting vids of KIDS making hip hop tracks in less than 30 minutes, thereby proving my point, you still post this shit.

Reported. It is not shit though, you actually constantly try to include anecdotes or claims of how awesome you are regardless of topic.

Obviously you freaking out just shows that I'm right about that being a conscious thing you do to feel good about yourself.

I did not miss your point either, just focused on a specific part of your post.

dadudemon
It is not shit though, you actually constantly try to include anecdotes or claims of how awesome you are regardless of topic.

Riiiiiiiiight. And the fact that there's teenage boys who can do the same thing in 5-7 minutes doesn't change anything? The fact that I said my coworker thinks I'm a tard because it would take me 45 minutes? The fact that you missed the point and are trolling the forums?

Obviously you freaking out just shows that I'm right about that being a conscious thing you do to feel good about yourself.

That's very illogical of you to say.

You graciously omitted any mention of inimalist saying he's made techno for 7 years, meaning he knows how damn easy it is to do this bullshit.

Lemme show you what I did:

Making hip hop is easy. I can make a music track in 45 minutes. Here's videos of kids doing it in 5 minutes. And, my coworker says I'm a tard if it takes me 45 minutes.

Here's what you did:

Narrrr! dadudemon is SOOO full of himself. dur

Well, here's the truth, Bardock: I SUCK at making music in music software programs. I bet if you sat down for 3 hours and messed with one, you'd be better than me. no expression But, leave it to you to troll instead of actually arriving at that conclusion. I bet my "point" is much clearer to you, now, isn't it?

I did not miss your point either, just focused on a specific part of your post.

Good job at trolling, then. Goooood job.

Bardock42
Riiiiiiiiight. And the fact that there's teenage boys who can do the same thing in 5-7 minutes doesn't change anything? The fact that I said my coworker thinks I'm a tard because it would take me 45 minutes? The fact that you missed the point and are trolling the forums?

That's very illogical of you to say.

You graciously omitted any mention of inimalist saying he's made techno for 7 years, meaning he knows how damn easy it is to do this bullshit.

Lemme show you what I did:

Making hip hop is easy. I can make a music track in 45 minutes. Here's videos of kids doing it in 5 minutes. And, my coworker says I'm a tard if it takes me 45 minutes.

Here's what you did:

Narrrr! dadudemon is SOOO full of himself. dur

Well, here's the truth, Bardock: I SUCK at making music in music software programs. I bet if you sat down for 3 hours and messed with one, you'd be better than me. no expression But, leave it to you to troll instead of actually arriving at that conclusion. I bet my "point" is much clearer to you, now, isn't it?

Good job at trolling, then. Goooood job.
k

Robtard
I'd say that if those 30 minutes songs these kids make are terrible(I'm guessing they are?), then making Hip Hop isn't easy. Same goes for Techno and other music genres.

Now for a little anecdote. I could paint you a small-scale of the Sistine Chapel in 30 minutes; it wouldn't be any good though.

Rain Dog
The whole thing's quite clearly a publicity stunt. I can't believe people are taking it so seriously.

dadudemon
I'd say that if those 30 minutes songs these kids make are terrible(I'm guessing they are?), then making Hip Hop isn't easy. Same goes for Techno and other music genres.

Now for a little anecdote. I could paint you a small-scale of the Sistine Chapel in 30 minutes; it wouldn't be any good though.

I agree, somewhat. However, the music they made is not that bad, relative to mainstream hip hop...or at least SOME mainstream hip hop. Some of it has a really high production value. Of course, they still pay a shit load of money even for the retardedly simple songs, I'm referring to the complexity of music, not how much you pay for the song to get produced.

Same goes for some techno. Some of it is so simple it's everybit as lame as some hip hop tracks.

But, yes, I quite sure you got my point.

Wasn't it Kanye West that made that new album that had a shitload of auto-tuning or vocoder bullshit going on?

Juk3n
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Kanye West not only has a daft name...

stopped reading right there.

is John Smith a daft name?

Ming-Na?
Jackie Chan?
Russell Crowe?
Keanu?
Bono?

Srsly dude, peoples names can come from anywhere, any background/religion/culture, Is he a d!ck? sure, but "has a daft name" is a WEEEEAAAK, way to start off an opinion of someone who's lifestyle/culture/music you know nothing about.

/endrant

Robtard

Ming-Na?
Jackie Chan?
Russell Crowe?
Keanu?
Bono?

Srsly dude, peoples names can come from anywhere, any background/religion/culture, Is he a d!ck? sure, but "has a daft name" is a WEEEEAAAK, way to start off an opinion of someone who's lifestyle/culture/music you know nothing about.

/endrant

Bono is a daft name. As is Cher, Madonna etc., the pretensious lot.

jaden101

Ming-Na?
Jackie Chan?
Russell Crowe?
Keanu?
Bono?

/endrant

How are those things even related?

And no. A weak argument is presuming someone knows nothing about Kanye West's "lifestyle/culture/music".

Lifestyle...Evident by his wearing of a PVC shirt and his stupid hair style.

Culture...Even easier to ascertain given that he and other hip-hop/r'n'b acts never stop harping on about it.

Music...Self evident and completely crap targeted at 16-18 year old white middle class girls.

The only thing the man has done that is remotely noteworthy is his foundation and his charity work. Kudos to him for that.

Rain Dog
Kanye West has made a career in ripping off one Wu Tang Clan song.

FistOfThe North
and what song is this?...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rain Dog
Kanye West has made a career in ripping off one Wu Tang Clan song.

Wow, he must be really talented.

Alonzo3526

from wikipedia

"RZA's production technique, specifically the manner of chopping up and/or speeding or slowing soul samples to fit his beats, has been picked up by currently popular producers, most notably Kanye West and Just Blaze, the two main producers behind Roc-A-Fella Records. West's own take on RZA's style briefly flooded the rap market with what was dubbed "chipmunk soul," the pitch bending of a vocal sample to where it sounded as though the singer had inhaled helium. Several producers at the time copied the style, creating other offshoots. West has admitted that his style was distinctly influenced by the RZA's production, and RZA has acknowledged his influence in an issue of Scratch magazine, saying he wished he had produced "Jesus Walks" and "Breathe", two 2004 hits produced by Kanye West and Just Blaze, respectively. Said by Kanye West:

Wu-Tang? Me and my friends talk about this all the time... We think Wu-Tang had one of the biggest impacts as far as a movement. From slang to style of dress, skits, the samples. Similar to the style I use, RZA has been doing that."

inimalist

my point was that I don't think it is easy...

dadudemon
my point was that I don't think it is easy...

That particular point you were responding to was a concurrence with what I was saying about how easy it is to make some techno music.

Bardock42
my point was that I don't think it is easy... One of the many things I would have pointed out had I bothered replying.

Originally posted by Rain Dog
The whole thing's quite clearly a publicity stunt. I can't believe people are taking it so seriously. It surely is in some way. It would be interesting to know who was involved and what they assumed would happen.

dadudemon
One of the many things I would have pointed out had I bothered replying.

Try to keep up. He's not referring to the same comment. One is about techno, and that one is about my comment on it being easy to make a hip hop song in an hour.

Bardock42
Try to keep up. He's not referring to the same comment. One is about techno, and that one is about my comment on it being easy to make a hip hop song in an hour.

Nah

Sadako of Girth
refer to thread title.

don't care if it's sarcasm the subtlty's there.

Another example. If you go on youtube, the under this overblown case, the word "ni**er" is used alot in reference to K. West in posts.

So, it's relevant.

Not here. No one had popped off like that in here.
If you look hard enough for ignorant twats on the net, you'll find them...but that doesnt justify spreading hate via race cards.

I personally think that people calling him "Ni**er" are as stupid, hateful and small minded as their anti-white brain dead cretin counterparts..

inimalist
That particular point you were responding to was a concurrence with what I was saying about how easy it is to make some techno music.

indeed, you said something like, if I knew how to make techno music, I would realize how easy it was, and about how seeing something in Reason or FLS would "demystify" music.

My response was that I had been making techno for some time, indicating that I do know just how difficult it is. Maybe I should have been more explicit. I don't think it is easy to make any kind of music. It is equally easy to mess around with music programs on a computer with some success as it is to mess around on an organ or writing sheet and come up with something, be it quickly or not.

no

in fact, from my own musical ability, it is significantly more difficult to write hip hop than the styles of electronic that I do. 4/4 driving kicks or mashed up breakbeat rhythms, no problem, a basic funky bassline with a simple kick/snare, can't make it happen for some reason.

The music portion, it would take less than 30 minutes, if I had some practice. Writing several verses of rhyme and a chorus? Nah, that'd be easy as hell. But mixing the tracks and actually producing the track, yeah, that'd take a while as making it sound professional takes quite a while and I do NOT have the time for that. That'd take longer than making the music and recording the rap tracks and putting them together.

So, yeah, subtract the lyrics out of the equation, and leave just the "music" portion of it and there's my point.

lol:

"subtract the lyrics, and the layering, and any production, or mastering, or post production...

but other than that, I could do it

with practice"

most studio programs have REALLY steep learning curves...

shiv
A sample of public opinion From 2 years ago:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080321142936AAPWEZd

from 5 months ago

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090416081014AAKZxNq

Is Kanye West Racist because he disproves of the current trend of A.P.M.I.A. Aggressively Promoted Manufactured Industry Artists.

Are all those people who left critical comments Racist?

From Personal experience Kanye West Has Strong Feelings over the way A&R operates in signing, promoting and developing new and emerging recording artists.

This doesn't make him Racist But it does indicate he needs to let go of the past or failing that Commit to Work on Anger Management.

Darth Jello
The industry is inherently corrupt, exploitative, and as a general trend puts out a product that is far inferior to most independent or quasi-independent labels. Kanye pointing that out is nothing new or unique. People have been doing that for years. Courtney Love posted a surprisingly coherent 10 page essay on the topic 6 years ago.

Kanye's not racist. He's just an ill mannered, narcissistic ass hole that uses a cheap studio trick as a crutch in all his songs.

Sadako of Girth
indeed, you said something like, if I knew how to make techno music, I would realize how easy it was, and about how seeing something in Reason or FLS would "demystify" music.

My response was that I had been making techno for some time, indicating that I do know just how difficult it is. Maybe I should have been more explicit. I don't think it is easy to make any kind of music. It is equally easy to mess around with music programs on a computer with some success as it is to mess around on an organ or writing sheet and come up with something, be it quickly or not.

no

in fact, from my own musical ability, it is significantly more difficult to write hip hop than the styles of electronic that I do. 4/4 driving kicks or mashed up breakbeat rhythms, no problem, a basic funky bassline with a simple kick/snare, can't make it happen for some reason.

lol:

"subtract the lyrics, and the layering, and any production, or mastering, or post production...

but other than that, I could do it

with practice"

Yep. The later editions of Cubase are a c**t to get into.

Very frustrating when all you wanna do is get your shit down.

SuperLuigi
he doesnt hate white people. anytime a black person says anything about racism in this country it is automatically them hating white people. this thread was made why? because he interrupted the white girls speech? beyonce should have won female video if she won video of the year. racism. thats all there is to it.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
he doesnt hate white people. anytime a black person says anything about racism in this country it is automatically them hating white people. this thread was made why? because he interrupted the white girls speech? beyonce should have won female video if she won video of the year. racism. thats all there is to it.

Or maybe they both had good videos and both deserved awards so the judges or whomever decides these things decided to give them both awards and gave beyonce the better one because she deserved it just a little bit more?

inimalist
Originally posted by shiv
A sample of public opinion From 2 years ago:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080321142936AAPWEZd

from 5 months ago

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090416081014AAKZxNq

Is Kanye West Racist because he disproves of the current trend of A.P.M.I.A. Aggressively Promoted Manufactured Industry Artists.

Are all those people who left critical comments Racist?

From Personal experience Kanye West Has Strong Feelings over the way A&R operates in signing, promoting and developing new and emerging recording artists.

This doesn't make him Racist But it does indicate he needs to let go of the past or failing that Commit to Work on Anger Management.

Beyonce is as, if not more, of a record company produced star than this white girl.

Promoting Beyonce is not being critical of mainstream music, lol, her garbage is worse than most.

Bardock42
Or maybe they both had good videos and both deserved awards so the judges or whomever decides these things decided to give them both awards and gave beyonce the better one because she deserved it just a little bit more?

I agree with you in principle, but you are forgetting that the VMA are a ceremony to celebrate bad videos, not good ones. So what you meant to say is "Beyonce had the worse video, so they gave her the worse award"

~The Wickerman~
I agree with you in principle, but you are forgetting that the VMA are a ceremony to celebrate bad videos, not good ones. So what you meant to say is "Beyonce had the worse video, so they gave her the worse award"

no expression .... WHAT?

Bardock42
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
no expression .... WHAT?

It is, isn't it? confused

inimalist
I'm with you Bards

VMA is a celebrity worship fap-off

Darth Jello
I guess so, which is what makes Nirvana's 1992 F you to the industry during the awards even funnier.

shiv
Beyonce is as, if not more, of a record company produced star than this white girl.

Promoting Beyonce is not being critical of mainstream music, lol, her garbage is worse than most.

The Key factor here is the credibility of the Award.

The Video Recognised by The VMA organisation as the best of the year was By Beyonce.

Last time I checked Beyonce Is a Female.

Kanye went through a simmillar experience. How to dismantle an atomic bomb was released in 2004 and was voted "Album of the Year" in 2006.

Seriously It took U2's album 2 years to put together 8 grammy nominations. Kanye West's Album picked Up All 8 nominations in 1.

What happened to West before, namely Industry Politics contaminating the voting for his Album Is very likely a contributing factor in his reaction at this year's awards to what most neutral observers would call a clearly rigged result.

Robtard
I'm with you Bards

VMA is a celebrity worship fap-off

I feel this way about most award shows, especially the Oscars. Which is odd, since I'm a devout movie-lover.

Hey, let's award people for acting some more, who already make disgusting amounts of money for putting on make-up.

Darth Jello
The Oscars still has some air of pomp and respectability though.

dadudemon

I thoroughly disagree, then. I think those programs take the talent out of music other than knowing how to use the software and having a less than average ear. erm

Edit- I read that part about sheet music. On that, I thoroughly disagree with, as well. I can't read music, much less write the music. To me, that would be VERY difficult to bust out a tune on the organ and write it down.

no

That's very strange. Hip hop music IS the easiest music to make, because it's so simple.

In all honesty, I think making crappy techno with pre-mixed tracks and beats is harder, despite it being easy even for a beginner. It would take 2 minutes to show someone how to do it, as well, so it's not hard to learn how to do it, as long as the person can count and has listened to music before.

Hip hop...it's even worse. But you do have to have a slight sense of timing when you drop in the sound for each "instrument", however, even THAT can be corrected. The software these days can auto-correct your beats and sounds FOR you...just click a couple of options and it auto-corrects it to be perfectly timed. Takes the talent out of music, that.

I agree. There's just so much stuff you can do with those programs that it's ridiculous. I want to take a course or two...or three on some of those programs to really learn how to use them. Then, I could bust out mediocre tracks in 5 minutes instead of 45. awesome I don't do music very often anymore, as I don't have time.

Kanye West's music, admittedly, is more complex than other artists in the same genre, though, he doesn't make his music...just like every other mainstream artists these days. (That's an exaggeration, of course.)

Bardock42
I thoroughly disagree, then. I think those programs take the talent out of music other than knowing how to use the software and having a less than average ear. erm

So, wait, what you are saying is that Bardock was the one keeping up with the conversation and dadudemon the one being wrong and not following?

Interesting. mmm

dadudemon

She is an EXCELLENT singer, though, and she HOT HOT HOT. Not a hard choice to overproduce her as an artist, from a record label perspective.

baskis56
She is an EXCELLENT singer
but a HORRIBLE actress

as for the topic.I'd say Kanye was a jerk,but he's certainly not racist.and he has apologized so yea..

Quiero Mota
"He may have apologized for his actions, but he still hasn't apologized for the maze on his head."- the Announcer from Chelsea Lately

The other women who were up for the award like Pink and Katy Perry told reporters after the incident that if was them they wouldn't have just stood there and let Kanye do that. They would've taken the mic back and let him have it, not be all quiet and meek like Taylor Swift was.

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
"He may have apologized for his actions, but he still hasn't apologized for the maze on his head."- the Announcer from Chelsea Lately

The other women who were up for the award like Pink and Katy Perry told reporters after the incident that if was them they wouldn't have just stood there and let Kanye do that. They would've taken the mic back and let him have it, not be all quiet and meek like Taylor Swift was.

Would've been great if she head-butted him.

dadudemon
Would've been great if she head-butted him.

Right in his maze head.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

The other women who were up for the award like Pink and Katy Perry told reporters after the incident that if was them they wouldn't have just stood there and let Kanye do that. They would've taken the mic back and let him have it, not be all quiet and meek like Taylor Swift was. Difference there being Pink and Katy Perry are grown women, 30 and 24 respectively, while Taylor Swift is what, 19? Can't fault her for being a little timid.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Difference there being Pink and Katy Perry are grown women, 30 and 24 respectively, while Taylor Swift is what, 19? Can't fault her for being a little timid.

True, still would have been great if she head-butted him anyways, she also looks a few inches taller than him, perfect set-up.

"I'm gonna let you finish, but..." *crack to the head*

Rain Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBJXZjmLro

I tried to embed it, but couldn't figure out how.

dadudemon
True, still would have been great if she head-butted him anyways, she also looks a few inches taller than him, perfect set-up.

"I'm gonna let you finish, but..." *crack to the head*

Well at that point, Pink wouldn't have known what he was about untl he got further. As soon as he said "beyonce had one of the best videos of all time" THEN CRACK. (There's a joke about crack and Kanye in there somewhere.)

leonheartmm
obama calls kanye a jackass on cnn {no joke}

078BGtKNL1o

i was actually watching the awards when it happened. poor taylor, overflowing with gratitude and the egotist had to ruin the moment. ofcourse, hes done it before too so...

Phantom Zone

That's a Hell of a lot of tolerance for a racist. I don't buy the idea of "tolerant racists".

I have known a guy, and his family, who make xenophobic and racist comments, but you can tell they aren't actually racist. It's mindless nationalism, it's not that they are intolerant of other races. They have friends in other races.

You can't have both.

Racism is a term defined by INTOLERANCE. If you can tolerate the race you hate to the point of collaborating with them, then I can't take your racism seriously.

-AC

I think there was this guy who was trying to support black footballers. One day he said something like how can you pay that much for a black player and got fired. Some racists will work with other races and even prasie them then one day there true colours will show....some people try to fight it but they can't just keep it down.

BlindMurdock
If you don't like Kanye..that's fine because alot of people don't at this point,but I think to say what he did was because he was racist is complete ridiculous.Kanye pretty much said what I was thinking.Her video is terrible in comparison to Beyonce's.Kanye is obviously a poor sport.He doesn't want to loose or see anyone he cares about lose.He flipped out at the VMA's two years ago because they put Britney Spears on and not him.He's just a crybaby.The fact that Britney and Taylor happen to be white has nothing to do with it.They are just generally terrible at what they do and Kanye's too much of a toddler to keep what he feels to himself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I think there was this guy who was trying to support black footballers. One day he said something like how can you pay that much for a black player and got fired. Some racists will work with other races and even prasie them then one day there true colours will show....some people try to fight it but they can't just keep it down.

I don't follow what you are trying to say.

GCG
Originally posted by jaden101

Just to set a record straight and to address this post adequatly, im pretty sure that a a.a.ihg32h9gj0fk0kfkkkkkkfmmnnn273fbf111...

...**** SAKE KANYE LET GO OF THE KEYBOARD!

inimalist

Edit- I read that part about sheet music. On that, I thoroughly disagree with, as well. I can't read music, much less write the music. To me, that would be VERY difficult to bust out a tune on the organ and write it down.

OMFG

DYLAN JUST PLUGGED IN HIS AMP!!! ITS NOT MUSIC ANY MORE!

fight the future man!

That's very strange. Hip hop music IS the easiest music to make, because it's so simple.

by that argument you would feel it would be easy to reproduce the work of Philip Glass?

The software these days can auto-correct your beats and sounds FOR you...just click a couple of options and it auto-corrects it to be perfectly timed. Takes the talent out of music, that.

If by musical talent you mean, strictly, the ability to sequence actively produced music by ear, sure.

If by musical talent you mean the ability to produce enjoyable music....

NemeBro
Racist?

Do not think so, he thinks he is a victim of racism though.

More like an overly dramatic idiot with an ego that far outweighs his talent.

basy133
Originally posted by NemeBro
Racist?

Do not think so, he thinks he is a victim of racism though.

quintessential post

dadudemon
OMFG

DYLAN JUST PLUGGED IN HIS AMP!!! ITS NOT MUSIC ANY MORE!

fight the future man!

Good job.

by that argument you would feel it would be easy to reproduce the work of Philip Glass?

You do know that he hasn't really been a "minimalist" in a while, don't you?

And, no, not at all. That's comparing apples to two scoops of raisins.

If by musical talent you mean, strictly, the ability to sequence actively produced music by ear, sure.

If by musical talent you mean the ability to produce enjoyable music....

http://www.dukegiftedletter.com/articles/vol3no1_article.html

The talent comes from the ladies and gentleman who made the premixed beats and melodies, if you were wondering.

inimalist
You do know that he hasn't really been a "minimalist" in a while, don't you?

And, no, not at all. That's comparing apples to two scoops of raisins.

ok, you are right

music that you deem simple is easy to produce and that takes away from the quality of it, and in fact, whether or not it should be considered music or whether it takes talent to produce it

music that you don't deem simple, regardless of similarities in rhythm, style, layering etc to music you think is easy, is in no way the same, and regardless of how difficult it is to produce, is real music

http://www.dukegiftedletter.com/articles/vol3no1_article.html

are you arguing that there is a scientific definition of what constitutes musical talent?

The talent comes from the ladies and gentleman who made the premixed beats and melodies, if you were wondering.

and all DJs do is play other people's tracks

wink

how long did you say you had used FLS for?

dadudemon
ok, you are right

music that you deem simple is easy to produce and that takes away from the quality of it, and in fact, whether or not it should be considered music or whether it takes talent to produce it

music that you don't deem simple, regardless of similarities in rhythm, style, layering etc to music you think is easy, is in no way the same, and regardless of how difficult it is to produce, is real music

Nope. That's not what I said or implied.

Here's a refresher:

Not to say that Hip Hop ISN'T music...

It's still music, alright. It's got a rhythmic beat and melodies, alright. It's just retardedly easy to make and it's very simple music.

Music is music.

My point was to demystify and bring to reality how simple this music is that the majority of people bump in their cars.

are you arguing that there is a scientific definition of what constitutes musical talent?

No. I am also not arguing that there's a non-scientific definition for it, either.

and all DJs do is play other people's tracks

wink

how long did you say you had used FLS for?

And some DJs suck, horribly. Some of their mixes are out of rhythm, ends up being too linear, or they mess up their track overlays. (Edit) In fact, very few DJs are actually good enough to go anywhere with their music. I attend underground techno parties and meet quite a few up and comin DJs. Some will never go anywhere. Some I've seen improve greatly in just a year.

I didn't. In fact, I said I didn't have it, earlier.

Let's get back to what I was talking about.

Most hip hop is really simple music. It's easy to make. Making it takes very little musical talent, but you have to marginally know how to use the software to produce a hafl way decent sound.

If you want to argue that, great.

And, yes, there is probably a scientific or at least a quantifiable degree of musical talent. However, it would be relative...as many things are. If you read the article, it gives several examples of innate ability. I would say that Julie A. Wojcik is more qualified than I am to make those assessments. If you've been making techno for 7 years, I'm sure you are quite talented and have an "ear" for making techno. A one day class, however, would give you all the tools you needed to make Hip Hop. no expression

jinXed by JaNx

lol apparently you haven't heard of something called money. Yeah..,people worship it. Some say and act any which way for it. shit, it's all bout the bizdness. Wouldn't you say that perv Jesse Jackson tolerates white people enough to spew his hate rhetoric?

Phantom Zone
I don't follow what you are trying to say.

Some people will work with and praise other races but still deep down resent them. Yeah that other bit I posted sounded confusing.

WhoopeeDee
White Devils!!!!!!

Eon Blue
Kanye's just a dumbass.

He might be slightly racist, but I doubt it. Who knows? All we know is of his idiocy.

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by leonheartmm
obama calls kanye a jackass on cnn {no joke}

078BGtKNL1o

i was actually watching the awards when it happened. poor taylor, overflowing with gratitude and the egotist had to ruin the moment. ofcourse, hes done it before too so...

Kanye West gets back at Obama.

9-xLtTYoPfw&feature=popular

Blinky
Well it's clear he does not hate white WOMEN, men - maybe.

shiv
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Some people will work with and praise other races but still deep down resent them. Yeah that other bit I posted sounded confusing.

you seem confused

shiv
Originally posted by NemeBro

This doesn't explain why The Organisers crowned Beyonce for best video presented at the awards
then gave the award for Best Female Video to a white girl.

Stoic
Kanye needs to humble himself or he will be humbled.

shiv
humbled how and by whom?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>