Cracked.com: 6 Superheroes who completely lost their shit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-superheroes-who-completely-lost-their-shit/

Freaking hilarious. Especially the Ms. Marvel one and the Hulk one.

Bouboumaster
Cracked.com is one of my favorite web site.

20 Most ridiculous Batman comics ever released: http://www.cracked.com/article_16870_20-most-ridiculous-batman-comics-ever-released.html
(Lol at number 2)

The 6 Worst Comic Book Super-Husbands:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16512_6-worst-comic-book-super-husbands.html
(You'll be surprised! And it's ****ing funny)

The 6 Creepiest Comic Book Characters of All Time:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16230_6-creepiest-comic-book-characters-all-time.html
(Thanos' bro is in there!)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Accel
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-superheroes-who-completely-lost-their-shit/

Freaking hilarious. Especially the Ms. Marvel one and the Hulk one.

i laughed a whole lot

Digi
laughing out loud

WhoopeeDee
Even Cracked.com knows that Hulk is nothing but an angry babbling idiot.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

The 6 Worst Comic Book Super-Husbands:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16512_6-worst-comic-book-super-husbands.html
(You'll be surprised! And it's ****ing funny)

That was hilarious. Especially the Cyclops one...threesome. That Hawkeye one was f*ked up.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
That was hilarious. Especially the Cyclops one...threesome. That Hawkeye one was f*ked up.

Have you red the comments? Some dudes ask for Cyclops to be twice in there, one for Jean and one for Madeleyne, lol

He's such an ass

Phantom Zone
Have you red the comments? Some dudes ask for Cyclops to be twice in there, one for Jean and one for Madeleyne, lol

He's such an ass

I missed a whole load of Xmen history but yeah I heard Cyclops is a douche. I reserve judgement till I read up.

edit: I just read the comments, if thats true thats completely f*ked up.

Kris Blaze
Both Wolverine and Beast called him on it Astonishing X-men.

Phantom Zone
If this is true it kinda explains why Emma Frost likes him so much. I mean if hes an ******* then hes going to attract ***holes. Jean Grey would deserve somebody like Captain America.

Bouboumaster
If this is true it kinda explains why Emma Frost likes him so much. I mean if hes an ******* then hes going to attract ***holes. Jean Grey would deserve somebody like Captain America.

Captain America, or Wolverine, who loves her to death, or anyone else great but Scott "The Douche" Summers. And Hank Pym.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee

In all seriousness, where does this perpetual hate-grudge come from?

Like, you dislike how he was starting to be written, fine. That's cool, but why have you carried it with you for all these years as a burning grudge? You're almost as bad as Mr. Parker.

You dislike Hulk's writing, but does that mean you honestly have to tell everyone how much you hate him each time he's mentioned?

I also find it odd that you threw the word "Angry" in there. Uhh...yeah? They know he's angry because...it's a trait of his?

-AC

Darth Jello
they didn't include brain tumor bullseye's mental breakdown...too bad.

Kris Blaze
I don't know if Jean DESERVES better than Summers, but he is a douche. He just up and left Madelyne, even though she was pregnant.

Originally posted by WhoopeeDee

Phantom Zone
Captain America, or Wolverine, who loves her to death, or anyone else great but Scott "The Douche" Summers. And Hank Pym.

To be fair I suspect theres more to it than that. In the case of Hank Pym I heard his experimentations acted like mood altering drugs.

roughrider
Hilarious. laughing out loud Chris Claremont is responsible for most of those examples; his early X-Men was way over the top melodrama.

Digi
Let it go, AC. No need to start something where no antagonism was present.

Anyway. Cracked is awful. Click a link, gone for hours. Never again.

no expression

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi

no expression

You were late for your weekly costumed recreation of Marvel crossovers?

Symmetric Chaos
Let it go, AC. No need to start something where no antagonism was present.

no expression

Only thing worse is TvTropes. (but that requires being a nerd)

Blair Wind
To be fair I suspect theres more to it than that. In the case of Hank Pym I heard his experimentations acted like mood altering drugs.

He was also mind messed with by Kang (who eventually decided to mess with Stark and got him to turn against the Avengers and Force Works)

-Pr-
i love that people forget that Cyclops was brainwashed half the time that shit happened.

His marriage broke down because of shit he AND jean were going through. pinning the blame solely on him is ridiculous.

Even when he left Madelyne, he wasn't breaking up. Warren called him to come see Jean. Scott was more than willing to return, only to find that Madelyne had disappeared. Then he went after her trying to find her, taking time out from X-Factor.

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
i love that people forget that Cyclops was brainwashed half the time that shit happened.

His marriage broke down because of shit he AND jean were going through. pinning the blame solely on him is ridiculous.

Even when he left Madelyne, he wasn't breaking up. Warren called him to come see Jean. Scott was more than willing to return, only to find that Madelyne had disappeared. Then he went after her trying to find her, taking time out from X-Factor.

laughing out loud

Priceless. Thanks for that.

wink

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by -Pr-

I suspected there was more to it than that.

-Pr-
I suspected there was more to it than that.

that's the abridged version. i doubt any marriage, even one in comicdom that's had the ups and downs their's did, could be accurately summed up in a couple of sentences.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Only thing worse is TvTropes. (but that requires being a nerd)

You're posting on an internet forum about comic books. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're anything but.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Endless Mike
You're posting on an internet forum about comic books. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're anything but.

Which was hardly Sym's point.

Phantom Zone

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Considering half the world is invested in blogs, Twitter-esque blog sites and other such tech-accessible things, I'd say that interpretation of nerd is long dead. If it ever was accurate.

There's a difference between being a nerd and being a geek.

Geeks have nerd tendencies, nerds would be the stereotypical ones you attach negativity to. Either way, posting anywhere online doesn't make you a nerd.

-AC

Digi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Considering half the world is invested in blogs, Twitter-esque blog sites and other such tech-accessible things, I'd say that interpretation of nerd is long dead. If it ever was accurate.

There's a difference between being a nerd and being a geek.

Geeks have nerd tendencies, nerds would be the stereotypical ones you attach negativity to. Either way, posting anywhere online doesn't make you a nerd.

-AC

True. Which is almost sad, because it's hard to identify with being a geek/nerd anymore. It used to be a source of pride for many, tbh. But now that my sister plays World of Warcraft, my mom texts more than I do, and everyone knows who Dr. Manhattan is, we get pushed further and further toward mainstream. I dress up as characters nobody knows for Halloween because I love the characters, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that enjoys the aspect of it that screams "That's right. There's still a realm of geekdom that I have that you can't touch."

geek

cool

embarrasment

confused

Omgu8mynewt
^^^Just lol

Cracked missed Wolverine going ferral or whatever, he lost his nut for a while too

Alpha Centauri
True. Which is almost sad, because it's hard to identify with being a geek/nerd anymore. It used to be a source of pride for many, tbh. But now that my sister plays World of Warcraft, my mom texts more than I do, and everyone knows who Dr. Manhattan is, we get pushed further and further toward mainstream. I dress up as characters nobody knows for Halloween because I love the characters, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that enjoys the aspect of it that screams "That's right. There's still a realm of geekdom that I have that you can't touch."

geek

cool

embarrasment

confused

I totally agree.

There was a time where I couldn't get Deadpool comics in store due to his rise in popularity. I never had to subscribe/reserve them before hand.

Someone once said to me, recently, "I tried going into a comic book store and asking where to start, and they were asses about it.". There's no need for that, but I think we're entitled to a bit of "Oh, so our community is cool now, is it? We're cool enough now, are we?".

Especially when you consider that it's down to the X-Men movies, I'd say. I just hate that Marvel still feel there needs to be eight of X-Men and eight of Spider-Man, titles wise. I attributed this to new fans and the movies, but it must be die-hard fans who keep buying this stuff. That or new fans who are getting into comic collecting and choose those series' as their monthly purchase.

I agree, regardless.

It feels weird going into Forbidden Planet now. It used to be this reasonably small comic shop, full of awesome comic merch, indie film merch, new and old issues. Now it literally sells any kind of movie merch and new issues of comics only. Save for the omnibus books.

Comics used to be an escape medium for those who weren't into any shit the mainstream put out. Now it has its own mainstream. It hasn't changed my enjoyment, it's just weird now.

When I read a comic I feel as though everyone must know what's going on in the story, rather than feeling like only fans know.

On the opposite side, smaller comic stores still have that niche feel. Like nobody is shopping there by accident; you're there cos you're a comic fan. Whereas Twilight fans go into Forbidden Planet to buy merch.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.