Thor vs. Green Lantern Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who's the more versatile?

Post feats that showcase their versatility.

smile

psycho gundam
so, you're basically just going to copy/paste all the feats from the heralds/GL's thread right?

batdude123
No.

xJLxKing
Just the good ones stick out tongue
I believe he travels through a space warp. He creates it too.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/?action=view&current=gl159_08.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by xJLxKing
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/?action=view&current=gl159_08.jpg

No.

That's Hal transforming himself into someone else.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by batdude123
No.

Oops. See that's what happens when you don't look at the scan. Well, it's still a nice feat. He can transform!

batdude123
Oops. See that's what happens when you don't look at the scan. Well, it's still a nice feat. He can transform!

I know. Desaad has the scans posted ABOVE his description of them. laughing out loud

kgkg
Hmmmm.

id369
Any Green Lantern?

batdude123
Correct. Pre Crisis is welcome.

batosaimsx
A good green lantern would handle Thor

OneDumbG0
I'm willing to engage in a post-Crisis Hal vs. classic Thor comparison, if you're interested.

batdude123
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'm willing to engage in a post-Crisis Hal vs. classic Thor comparison, if you're interested.

I think it would be hypocritical if we didn't use Pre-Crisis feats.

Besides, they're canon, after all.

OneDumbG0
^ Your opinion. And I'll interpret that as you declining the idea.

Not really.

-Pr-

Not really.

they are actually canon, though. shrug

batdude123

Not really.

Hilarious.

If you think I'm declining the idea of you inevitably using one-time feats of Thor's from 40+ years ago that he's never demonstrated since while disregarding the perfectly canon Pre-Crisis stories of Green Lantern, then you're absolutely right. baka

Hence the hypocrisy.

OneDumbG0
^ You may not be aware of this, but many of Thor's earliest feats have been repeated, surpassed and surprisingly, specifically referenced in flashbacks in comics decades later. If you care to see, I can post a bunch of examples.

Pre-Crisis GL stories are not necessarily canon. In either case, you're conflating the idea of canonicity with the idea of feat applicability. Short of it is, GL's don't possess the versatility and raw power they used to exhibit before the Crisis. That's fairly evident if you've read their post-Crisis stories and if you consider the circumstances surrounding the Crisis.

xJLxKing
^ You may not be aware of this, but many of Thor's earliest feats have been repeated, surpassed and surprisingly, specifically referenced in flashbacks in comics decades later. If you care to see, I can post a bunch of examples.

Pre-Crisis GL stories are not necessarily canon. In either case, you're conflating the idea of canonicity with the idea of feat applicability. Short of it is, GL's don't possess the versatility and raw power they used to exhibit before the Crisis. That's fairly evident if you've read their post-Crisis stories and if you consider the circumstances surrounding the Crisis.
I agree wink

Kris Blaze
As far as I can recall, the Green Lantern feats were not retconned in the Crisis. If they were, they should not appear in the versus thread.

-Pr-

up until johns came on board, GL's did in fact show a lot of power in their showings. That's including Kyle and Pre-Parallax Hal.

Does nobody remember Hal in Action Comics weeklly?

OneDumbG0
batdude123: I think it's an appropriate time now for me to halt my responses as other posters start chiming in on our disagreement (not that the posters are doing anything wrong, mind you). I'm just afraid that the original premise of this thread is starting to get sidetracked by an ancillary issue. It's your thread, my proposal was rejected, that's the bottom-line. If you change your mind, or you do want to debate this issue further, you let me know.

Edit: And since I managed to get top of the page by accident:
Who's the more versatile?

Post feats that showcase their versatility.

smile

Rage.Of.Olympus

No.

So what, illusion creation? Thor's done that.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Mjolnir44.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Mjolnir45.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Mjolnir46.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.