Mr. X vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blanket
It happen

Who wins

Kris Blaze
Causing trouble Zooey?

Blanket
Making thread

New fad you know

thanos-prime
Danny ftw

Lord Feron
Danny via chi blast. X can perdict the move but idk if he can do a damn thing againts a strong chi blast. Area of effect might be too great for X to dodge.

Battlehammer
who to say chi blast are that strong, he did it onces to a bunch of cannon fodders.

dmills
Well we'll have an answer next month. I'm sure they'll fight. IF takes it though. His current level is off the chain.

jalek moye
Originally posted by dmills
Well we'll have an answer next month. I'm sure they'll fight. IF takes it though. His current level is off the chain.
they are fighting next month?

what book?

dmills
Thunderbolts 136. It's the double sized issue everyone has been drooling over for the last 3 months. It's has Luke Cage and Ironfist on the cover. Rick Remender has hinted of a showdown between them.

jalek moye
Thunderbolts 136. It's the double sized issue everyone has been drooling over for the last 3 months. It's has Luke Cage and Ironfist on the cover. Rick Remender has hinted of a showdown between them.
why would they fight if they are on the team for the issue? unless its a spar or somthing i guess

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jalek moye
why would they fight if they are on the team for the issue? unless its a spar or somthing i guess

I don't imagine the issue will end with Luke and Danny on the Thunderbolts, do you?

jalek moye
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't imagine the issue will end with Luke and Danny on the Thunderbolts, do you?
i assumed they would stick around for a few issues before getting out of whatever deal they made with Norman

srankmissingnin
I got the impression they were just on the team for the giant-size. /shrug

Anyway Danny and Luke Cage are heroes, Mr. X is a bad guy, that's reason enough... also X is batshit crazy and his entire motivation for fighting Wolverine was to get Logan to sigh a contract stating that Mr. X was in fact the best there is at what he does, so maybe he just wants to fight Iron Fist?

jalek moye
hmm well then that most likly means they will fight

dmills
^^^ Co-signed. Doesn't take much of an imagination to figure out why they'd want to fight.

jalek moye
^^^ Co-signed. Doesn't take much of an imagination to figure out why they'd want to fight.
more so why X would want to fight him

dmills
X is a egomaniacal freak. He'll get slapped back into reality going up against IF.

srankmissingnin
Presumably fighting Iron Fist would add some extra-deminsional MA to his repertoire as well... but I was never clear if his telepathy aided in is learning of martial arts (but seeing as he didn't start until he was in his 20s, and now know knows every MA on earth and several extraterrestrial ones as well, I think it must)

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Presumably fighting Iron Fist would add some extra-deminsional MA to his repertoire as well... but I was never clear if his telepathy aided in is learning of martial arts (but seeing as he didn't start until he was in his 20s, and now know knows every MA on earth and several extraterrestrial ones as well, I think it must) Batman did it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
Batman did it.

Batman doesn't know every terrestrial martial art. wink

Mindset
Says you.

srankmissingnin
Says you.

And I'm right... that's why I said it. cool

Battlehammer
edit wrong thread lol

Mindset
You're a Wolverine fan, you're never right.

See, BH proved me right!

srankmissingnin
I think your just mad that my country has a real name. evil face

Mindset
Your country also has a french province. sick

srankmissingnin
Your country also has a french province. sick

Oh great, rub that in my face! sad

snoopdogg
Bump.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Iron Fist no doubt looking at the recent issue.

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Iron Fist no doubt looking at the recent issue.

I agree that IF wins, but to be fair that issue was absolute trash. WTF Remender?

snoopdogg
Any scans?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Any scans?

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/th_IronFistdefeatsX1.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/th_IronfistdefeatsX2.jpg

I agree that IF wins, but to be fair that issue was absolute trash. WTF Remender?

Yea, that issue was absolute garbage. And looking back, what the **** are Mister X's powers? When he first appeared in Thunderbolt he said he locks on to the nervous system. Where the hell does reading minds come in?

Remender doesn't know shit. He thinks being the Sorcerer Supreme gives you a power boost.

snoopdogg
X got served right there.

KingD19
X doesn't know what his own powers are. Apparently he has surface thought telepathy, and he reads neural impulses, and muscle movements, and all this other stuff.

Kris Blaze
X reads it all.

Not enough to beat Fist though.

Battlehammer
that scans was BS. They ignored X powers. Not overly surprize mind you but still come on.

dmills
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
X reads it all.

Not enough to beat Fist though. laughing out loud Nicely said!

KingD19
IF did say his Drunken Fist style gives no forewarning, which is true as far as the physical aspect goes, since fighting against someone skilled in Drunken Fist is extremely hard. As for the mental aspect, maybe he simulated the drunken effects so X couldn't read him. When Cage's brain was scrambled he couldn't read it.

dmills
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/th_IronFistdefeatsX1.jpghttp://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/th_IronfistdefeatsX2.jpg

Yea, that issue was absolute garbage. And looking back, what the **** are Mister X's powers? When he first appeared in Thunderbolt he said he locks on to the nervous system. Where the hell does reading minds come in?

Remender doesn't know shit. He thinks being the Sorcerer Supreme gives you a power boost.

Man I had so much hope for this issue. I was looking forward to it for 3 months and Remender pulls that shit. That book was such a poodle turd that I almost can't even consider it 616. That was some alternate reality shit right there. Since when does Mister X talk slang like Luke? laughing Then they had Luke with an EPMD hat on! This ain't 1992.

Wild Shadow
its crap like that why ive given up on marvel and its writers... i will no longer buy marvel comics except for maybe wolverine but he is hanging on a thread as well...

that IF vs X was complete utter trash even if we accept all the psi mental garbage and all X should have still bn able to rely on his MA skills to at least evade both luke and X for a while if not at least still be able to evade cage alone of all ppl...

KingD19
Cage is actually pretty fast, he's commented on how IF taught him some ninja sh*t over the years. Also, X may be good, but outmaneuvering IF without his powers, not gonna happen.

dmills
I don't even care about the IF vs X as much. The WHOLE COMIC was trash. How it ever made it past the editor is beyond me.

KingD19
True, it was pretty sucky, I say the only saving Grace was the joke Osborn made about his hair, and when Luke shat out Ant-Man.

Aries_04
So what happened between Fist and Scourge?

KingD19
Nothing, Scourge took some shots at him when they ambushed him, but Danny dodged them all pretty effectively. That was the only interaction they really had the whole book.

dmills
I am intriged to see where this goes since the ending was kind of a cliff hanger.

KingD19
One would assume that we might see a team up of the heroes shown in the beginning, Spidey, Cage, IF, Wolvie, to put some hurt on the Thunderbolts. They might just put together a big team to do some damage. What I am expecting is Ant-Man to do something stupid and reveal what Ghost and the others did, or something like that.

Spectrumenian
wow now that's what i call a total disrespect to mister x , what happened in thunderbolts #137 is just a total disrespect and bull@hit , just because mister x couldn't read luke cage's mind doesn't mean he cant fight now i mean fine he cant read his mind but where are all his skills? mister x knows almost any martial art exists and he knows alien martial arts he suppose to be a superb fighter now just because he couldn't read luke's mind suddenly he lost all his skills speed agility reflex everything and got stomped by luke cage like he doesn't know how to fight? i piss on that issue

KingD19
Actually, he was already in the air trying to downward stab Cage when he realized he couldn't read his mind. There was really nothing he could do once Cage grabbed his swords. Then Cage hit him one time, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

And when Luke and IF took him on, it was also true that he couldn't read both minds at once, so he got confused on who to defend against.

Spectrumenian
Originally posted by KingD19
Actually, he was already in the air trying to downward stab Cage when he realized he couldn't read his mind. There was really nothing he could do once Cage grabbed his swords. Then Cage hit him one time, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

And when Luke and IF took him on, it was also true that he couldn't read both minds at once, so he got confused on who to defend against.

are you joking? when he landed and cage grabs both his swords there are millions things a good martial artist like him could do like kick cage in the face or tackle him with a low kick to his feet he is suppose to be peak human fast and have amazing reflexes but the writer ignore all that and just made him some punk that can only read minds and without the mind reading he cant fight

when he fought IF and luke at same time still with his skills that he suppose to have he was suppose to block luke attack , thats his weakness he was trying to fight them with the telepathy now if he would just use his skills he should be able to avoid a punch from some break (f*ck any explanation of how trained luke cage is because he isnt suppose to be at the same level as mister x)

iceman24567
Mr. X was outclassed by Fist clear as day no expression

godking
Just read it .

X is'n so hot when people get around his low level telepathy.

Can his fanboys now stop the lovefest with him ???.

What the **** does X actually have without his telepathy ?.

Pathetic showing by X in the last thunderbolt issue .

Spectrumenian
Originally posted by godking
Just read it .

What the **** does X actually have without his telepathy ?.

the ability to get beat up by wolverine in couple pannels

the ability to get one shoted twice by luke cage

the ability to get one shoted by IF

godking
Originally posted by Spectrumenian
the ability to get beat up by wolverine in couple pannels

the ability to get one shoted twice by luke cage

the ability to get one shoted by IF apparently

If low level telepathy is the only reason you can survive against real fighters you are pretty shit.

Every other top level streetleveler martial artists have skill skills without relying on special powers.

You can give wolverine shit for relying on his HF and adamantium skeleton to much.

But he has won fights on learned skills alone without the use of his powers so has steve rodgers so have most top lvls mas.

Can X actually beat any top 10 martial artists WITHOUT his telepathy ?

Wild Shadow
he was doing fine evading and countering logan even after he was unable to read logan for a little while..

in the IF vs X thing he wasnt even given that much of a chance complete utter garbage..

he is a lvl 7 fighter as well even without the TP or whatever he has.. his TP ability is only suppose to complement his already existing skill set.. complete retardation...

If marvel hadnt bn bought by disney that issue would have cost them numerous of fans and a pinch in their pockets.. miffed

godking
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
he was doing fine evading and countering logan even after he was unable to read logan for a little while..

in the IF vs X thing he wasnt even given that much of a chance complete utter garbage..

he is a lvl 7 fighter as well even without the TP or whatever he has.. his TP ability is only suppose to complement his already existing skill set.. complete retardation...

If marvel hadnt bn bought by disney that issue would have cost them numerous of fans and a pinch in their pockets.. miffed Show me an instance where he has won a fight against a real top level opponent without his telepathy ? on skill and ability alone.

Every top ma in the Marvel and DC universes has at least one feat of beating opponents with learned skill alone except X.

KingD19
Originally posted by Spectrumenian
are you joking? when he landed and cage grabs both his swords there are millions things a good martial artist like him could do like kick cage in the face or tackle him with a low kick to his feet he is suppose to be peak human fast and have amazing reflexes but the writer ignore all that and just made him some punk that can only read minds and without the mind reading he cant fight

when he fought IF and luke at same time still with his skills that he suppose to have he was suppose to block luke attack , thats his weakness he was trying to fight them with the telepathy now if he would just use his skills he should be able to avoid a punch from some break (f*ck any explanation of how trained luke cage is because he isnt suppose to be at the same level as mister x)

Are you joking? When Cage grabbed both of his swords, all the millions of things a good martial artist could've done, were for sh*t, X is peak human at best, Cage is Class 30 with like Class 80-90 durability. Kicking him in the face wouldn't have hurt, it would've pissed him off, low kick would've gotten X's legs messed up since Luke was braced. The simple fact is, X is good, but he's gotten so reliant on using his powers, he doesn't really just fight anymore.

When he fought Cage and IF at the same time, if he tried to block Luke's attack, whatever he blocked with would be broken, you saw how messed up Paladin was. Once again, he was reliant on his powers(which he needed for IF, since he's not in his league), he was probably thinking of IF as the bigger threat, which left him open for Cage to destroy.

You're not an X fanboy are you??? cool

dmills
Originally posted by godking
Show me an instance where he has won a fight against a real top level opponent without his telepathy ? on skill and ability alone.

Every top ma in the Marvel and DC universes has at least one feat of beating opponents with learned skill alone except X. Yeah that is true. Hadn't thought of it like that but he hasn't.

Wolvie has feats without adamantium

Danny has feats without his chi

Batman and Cap don't really have any powers at all and they do just fine.

Moon Knight without the full moon amp has done fine.

Now to be fair he doesn't have the history of some of these characters, but your point is well taken.

dmills
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

If marvel hadnt bn bought by disney that issue would have cost them numerous of fans and a pinch in their pockets.. miffed

I have no problem with my boy IF beating X. I just wanted to see a really good battle. I mean I know Marvel is pushing Danny as the best fighter in the MU and rightfully so. But X properly written should have done better then that.

batdude123

WOW that's stupid...

Prep-Man
Ouch. A blow to the X's fanboys. Deathstroke would annihilate him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.