A wampa vs a clone trooper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Who wins?

They start 15 yards away.

Both sides are ready for each other.

Setting in a flat plain.

Serious thread.

mattatom
Clone shoots wampa in the head.

/thread.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
if only clones knew how to aim.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
if only clones knew how to aim.

CLONE troopers can aim very, very well.

DarthDaniel1001
The Wampa stomps unless the clone, as Mattom suggested, shoots the wampa in the head.

mattatom
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
The Wampa stomps unless the clone, as matt(at)om suggested, shoots the wampa in the head. Corrected smile

Hewhoknowsall
The Wampa stomps unless the clone, as Mattom suggested, shoots the wampa in the head.

Really? I mean, if a clone's blaster rifle can blow a half meter hole in solid (whatever the SW name for concrete is, forgot), then why can't it blow multiple holes in a wampa whose skin is not made out of concrete?

But then again, I think that it said somewhere that wampas are immune/resistant to blaster bolts. Also, in video games the designers are obessed with making wild animals more powerful than highly trained soldiers with futuristic weapons. In BF2, wampas are basically as powerful as jedi, they can move so fast that everything becomes a blurr and can destroy turrets with their bare claws. In this old handheld SW game, wampas take several hits to bring down WITH A LIGHTSABER. And in the SW TCG, wampas are as powerful as a PLATOON of clone troopers.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Really? I mean, if a clone's blaster rifle can blow a half meter hole in solid (whatever the SW name for concrete is, forgot), then why can't it blow multiple holes in a wampa whose skin is not made out of concrete?

But then again, I think that it said somewhere that wampas are immune/resistant to blaster bolts. Also, in video games the designers are obessed with making wild animals more powerful than highly trained soldiers with futuristic weapons. In BF2, wampas are basically as powerful as jedi, they can move so fast that everything becomes a blurr and can destroy turrets with their bare claws. In this old handheld SW game, wampas take several hits to bring down WITH A LIGHTSABER. And in the SW TCG, wampas are as powerful as a PLATOON of clone troopers. Just saying game=/=canon. Hell the wampa roars in ESB iirc, so if the clone could shoot it in it's mouth, it's dead, I doubt it's mouth is bulletproof.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by mattatom
Just saying game=/=canon. Hell the wampa roars in ESB iirc, so if the clone could shoot it in it's mouth, it's dead, I doubt it's mouth is bulletproof.

I know that gameplay =/= canon. I'm just saying that in many games (not just SW) the designers are obsessed with overpowering wild animals, making them superior to futuristic soldiers.

mattatom
I know that gameplay =/= canon. I'm just saying that in many games (not just SW) the designers are obsessed with overpowering wild animals, making them superior to futuristic soldiers. It's because else the games will be too easy and noone will enjoy them.

Darth Subjekt
Same reason why Jedi have to hack people multiple times with a light saber. If you were fighting and died the first time the computer hit you, you'd get pissed and not play anymore.

Hewhoknowsall
No, you're missing the point. In games, the wild animals are often times far superior to other enemies that you face such as futuristic soldiers. Making the wild animals realistic in power has nothing to do with making it too easy. It's just realistic that a guy with a high tech gun would make a better opponent than some vaguely humanoid snow creature somewhat bigger than the size of a large man.

In BF2, wampas have jedi like powers, and rancors are invincible.

In Empire at War, wampas and rancors can both effortlessly take out entire squads of stormtroopers.

Lord Lucien
It makes sense if the reason is because of their thick hides and low intelligence. That Albino Kath Hound in KotOR is always a b*tch, and it makes sense. You're supposed to have low skills and poor weapons/armor at that time, not to mention their skin and endurance. In real life, a sing gunshot won't take down a rhino, but it will a human.

truejedi
almost impossible to kill a wampa in JA. you almost have to run away.

Count Makashi
Depends on what kind of a weaponry the clone trooper has.

Lord Lucien
Guns. Lots of guns.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Guns. Lots of guns. and Vibrogauntlets.

DarthDaniel1001
And here I thought only ARC Troopers had vibro-gauntlets

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It makes sense if the reason is because of their thick hides and low intelligence. That Albino Kath Hound in KotOR is always a b*tch, and it makes sense. You're supposed to have low skills and poor weapons/armor at that time, not to mention their skin and endurance. In real life, a sing gunshot won't take down a rhino, but it will a human.

You're wielding a blaster that's supposed to be more advanced than our guns. And yet enemies with blasters do less damage to you than a hound. Makes no sense, does it? I mean, realistically the SW creatures shouldn't have advanced or anything, or at least not at the same rate that their tech does. Back in the old days, a lion could pose a serious threat to a soldier in a fair, even match, but now that's not the case unless if the lion has the element of surprise/they start right next to eachother. Why? Animals don't really get stronger over time, but technology does.

mattatom
And here I thought only ARC Troopers had vibro-gauntlets Probably but he never specified exactly what type of trooper he was.

truejedi
its a trooper wearing orbies. Or beskar.

SIDIOUS 66
You're wielding a blaster that's supposed to be more advanced than our guns. And yet enemies with blasters do less damage to you than a hound. Makes no sense, does it? I mean, realistically the SW creatures shouldn't have advanced or anything, or at least not at the same rate that their tech does. Back in the old days, a lion could pose a serious threat to a soldier in a fair, even match, but now that's not the case unless if the lion has the element of surprise/they start right next to eachother. Why? Animals don't really get stronger over time, but technology does. I understand what you are saying. But what I don't understand is how you expect someone here to give you an answer to your question.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I understand what you are saying. But what I don't understand is how you expect someone here to give you an answer to your question.

It wasn't really a "question" (sorry about the "why"wink, just a statement, that's all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.