Superman. Hulk vs Silver Surfer, Sentry in pure slugfest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Current Superman who is at the strongest that he's been since byrne's reboot, this is strictly a physical H2H battle, SScan use his power cosmic to amp his strength, but not allow to use it in any other fashion or his board, this is WWH Hulk.

Battle is blood lusted to the death, who wins and why?

xJLxKing
T1

Longinus
Team 2, had Sentry fought intelligently in WWH and actually used his Superspeed than he would've easily overpowered Hulk. However that was not the case and it was a stalemate or a slight win in Hulk's favor. Anyway I'm not sure if Superspeed is allowed here and it's not specified if the characters are just trading blows or have access to speed and durability. But I think it'd be unfair to not give them their respective speeds if Hulk has access to his healing factor/durability.

iceman24567
Team one

Juntai

Slaanesh
team 2..SS can overpower whoever he face..Sentry can at least beat Hulk..

bbrem123
Originally posted by Longinus
Team 2, had Sentry fought intelligently in WWH and actually used his Superspeed than he would've easily overpowered Hulk. However that was not the case and it was a stalemate or a slight win in Hulk's favor. Anyway I'm not sure if Superspeed is allowed here and it's not specified if the characters are just trading blows or have access to speed and durability. But I think it'd be unfair to not give them their respective speeds if Hulk has access to his healing factor/durability. thumb up

Juk3n

lawest9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
team 2..SS can overpower whoever he face..Sentry can at least beat Hulk.. Funny..........Sentry didn't beat WWH before when they fought, and SS is not going to overpower everyone on physical strength alone!

Slaanesh
Originally posted by lawest9
Funny..........Sentry didn't beat WWH before when they fought, and SS is not going to overpower everyone on physical strength alone!

well..he fought like an idiot..that's why Hulk can stalemate him..and SS can overpower any top tier he want..he's the best..i believe he can amp his strength equal or above Supes level..

Spire
Lawl.

Team 1 stomps.

lawest9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
well..he fought like an idiot..that's why Hulk can stalemate him..and SS can overpower any top tier he want..he's the best..i believe he can amp his strength equal or above Supes level.. But keep in mind, that Supes has a method of amping his strength as well!

Deathstroke
Team 1 wins a slugfest.

Master Court
Surfer eats Superman for breakfast, and drains Hulk's gamma. He squishes Banner. Or Surfer amps his strength and cleans Hulk's clock while Sentry blitz-distacts him.

^ That's if powers are allowed. Surfer's powers make Superman and Hulk useless.

If no powers are allowed other than physical attributes, Hulk squishes Surfer, and Superman beats Sentry with superior fighting skills.

bbrem123
team 1 has large advantage because of fight skill

shokosugi
TEAM 1 10/10

lawest9
Originally posted by Master Court
Surfer eats Superman for breakfast, and drains Hulk's gamma. He squishes Banner. Or Surfer amps his strength and cleans Hulk's clock while Sentry blitz-distacts him.

^ That's if powers are allowed. Surfer's powers make Superman and Hulk useless.

If no powers are allowed other than physical attributes, Hulk squishes Surfer, and Superman beats Sentry with superior fighting skills. No powers are allowed, SS can use his power only to amp his strength, supes and sentry can only use their strength natural durability and hand speak only, none of their others powers!

zeel
team 1 in a stomp, superman can possibly solo this if he takes sentry out first.

bbrem123
Originally posted by zeel
team 1 in a stomp, superman can possibly solo this if he takes sentry out first.
really...come on now dont be absurd....superman is in no way soloing here

shokosugi
Superman solos Hulk, SS and Sentry

lawest9
No powers are allowed, SS can use his power only to amp his strength, supes and sentry can only use their strength natural durability and hand speak only, none of their others powers! Excuse me folks, that should read hand SPEED, not "speak", posting on the topix forums for too long does that to you!

Master Court
No powers are allowed, SS can use his power only to amp his strength, supes and sentry can only use their strength natural durability and hand speed only, none of their others powers!

And that, as they say, seals the pickle.

Team 2 is screwed.

With these stips, Team 1 takes it 10/10. Why? A few reasons.

1. Surfer proved in the arena that he has mad skills and tremendous power even without using the power cosmic. But Hulk's pure physical power soon overwhelmed him, and then some. So Surfer proved he can dish it out. The Silver Savage was badass. But Hulk, with just a tad of strategy, tagged him, dropped him, and hammered him.

2. Sentry has almost no fighting skills to speak of. No formal training. Hardly any experience. The victories he holds were decided purely because Sentry was vastly more powerful than the people he's defeated. Not that he's vastly powerful, despite what Marvel is trying to say, but simply vastly more powerful than who he's fought. Or rather, who he's beaten.

3. Superman has taken on loads of guys more powerful than himself and won. That kind of victory usually indicates better skills. Not to mention he's had a few lessons here and there from people not quite as powerful but more skilled. And on a couple occasions I can think of, he's gotten lessons from people more powerful and more skilled. All this means that Superman is at least a pretty good fighter. Plus he hangs out with Batman. That has to do something to amp his skills.

4. Hulk has years and years of butting heads with and headbutting vastly superior fighters of roughly the same power range like Hercules and Namor, and guys that are more powerful in some ways like Gladiator, Thor, and Juggernaut. Juggernaut's had official army training IIRC, before he became the "Jugga-nawt", Gladiator was of course trained by what's-her-face in their martial arts, and the big boy himself Thor has thousands of years of actual experience. Yet Hulk, and not just because of physical power, has beaten or hung with these guys several times over the years.

Team 1 takes it, 10/10.

kgkg
Team 1

Naija boy
Team 1 wins handily.

zeel
Originally posted by bbrem123
really...come on now dont be absurd....superman is in no way soloing here

supes one shots sentry.

Naija boy
Originally posted by zeel

This is ridiculous. Team 1 wins comfortably but this is NOT happening.

-Pr-

Blanket
This type of combat was tailor made for Surfer to win. erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. Based on his abilities, if his using all his energy solely on amping his strength and based on the showings of his energy reserves, whoever of Team 1 he faces, I would give him the win over in a brawl. Especially with his more recent less pacific state of mind.

Sentry depending on his state can match either of Team 1.

Sentry is to unreliable in my opinion, but Sentry would still give either of Team 1 a good fight. Meh, in general Team 1 is more reliable.

Team 1, wins. Really good fight.

1. Surfer proved in the arena that he has mad skills and tremendous power even without using the power cosmic. But Hulk's pure physical power soon overwhelmed him, and then some. So Surfer proved he can dish it out. The Silver Savage was badass. But Hulk, with just a tad of strategy, tagged him, dropped him, and hammered him.

sly

Which didn't do anything to Norrin at all, when only he had was the physical attributes his physical coating provided. As far as I recall, he was cut off from his Power Cosmic, and even at that, he was severely weakened.

I don't care enough about the rest.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. Based on his abilities, if his using all his energy solely on amping his strength and based on the showings of his energy reserves, whoever of Team 1 he faces, I would give him the win over in a brawl. Especially with his more recent less pacific state of mind.

Sentry depending on his state can match either of Team 1.

Sentry is to unreliable in my opinion, but Sentry would still give either of Team 1 a good fight. Meh, in general Team 1 is more reliable.

Team 1, wins. Really good fight.

sly

Which didn't do anything to Norrin at all, when only he had was the physical attributes his physical coating provided. As far as I recall, he was cut off from his Power Cosmic, and even at that, he was severely weakened.

Heh. strangely im tempted to argue against surfer getting the win over any member of team 1 stick out tongue (as i dont believe he does in this type of fight)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, in general I wouldn't either actually but if his using his Power Cosmic, "solely" for making himself stronger with his current level of power? He'd amp fast and high enough to win. Hell, he can absorb outside sources of energy to make himself stronger if that isn't banned.

I'm assuming this is only blow for blow.

Master Court
sly

Eh, I think I covered the fact that he couldn't use the power cosmic. I was actually hyping Surfer. He's recently become one of my favorites. But bottom line, Hulk trashed him. This thread also disables using the power cosmic except for amping. And it really takes a lot more than physical strength to beat the Hulk. Not to mention Hulk himself never stops amping. In this fight, I think Hulk hammers Surfer. And Superman hammers Sentry.

EDIT: On a side note, Surfer did even less to Hulk then Hulk did to Surfer. At the end of the fight, Hulk was a-okay. Surfer was in a pit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Eh, I think I covered the fact that he couldn't use the power cosmic. I was actually hyping Surfer. He's recently become one of my favorites. But bottom line, Hulk trashed him. This thread also disables using the power cosmic except for amping. And it really takes a lot more than physical strength to beat the Hulk. Not to mention Hulk himself never stops amping. In this fight, I think Hulk hammers Surfer. And Superman hammers Sentry.

EDIT: On a side note, Surfer did even less to Hulk then Hulk did to Surfer. At the end of the fight, Hulk was a-okay. Surfer was in a pit.

By that logic, Skaar thrashed Silver Surfer too. And Thor thrashed Hulk when he punched him into that exploding trailer.

Which is even worse for the Hulk. His using all of his Power Cosmic and Energy reserves for amping his strength alone. His energy reserves are ridiculous. In general his already in their league. Amping with all his available power? And either of Team 1 are getting beaten.

It takes more than physical strength to beat the Hulk? You mean except the times, physical force has shown to knock him out. Healing factor doesn't mean one isn't vulnerable to a knock out and Silver Surfer's entire power reserves into his punches, backed by his less pacifistic attitude? Silver Surfer, isn't going to fool around and Hulk isn't going to last long.

Except you know, when the time Silver Surfer had the Hulk on the ropes. Hiroim even said if he came at them again, he would have killed all of them.

Master Court
Except you know, when the time Silver Surfer had the Hulk on the ropes. Hiroim even said if he came at them again, he would have killed all of them.

Look, the arena fight alone proved my point. That Hulk's physical power trumps Surfer minus cosmic power. And furthermore, of course Hulk's been KO'd by strength before. The only person who's never been KO'd by blunt force is Juggernaut. The Surfer's strength amp wouldn't be enough. Strength alone doesn't win a fight. Skill, strength, durability, and strategy win.

Further furthermore, Hulk was still weakened by the portal he passed through. Further further furthermore, Hiroim said it. Not Hulk. Hiroim may have had his doubts, but pretty much all the Hulk's pals were doubting him the entire arc, clear until he became the King. So while Hiroim was doubtful, that doesn't make it fact in the slightest, as Hulk didn't seem at all bothered or doubtful. He was just thinking of the strategy. And after he hammered Surfer, Surfer was down for quite a while. A few pages, which was like five minutes. And he had trouble speaking when he was getting back to his feet. So, Surfer was far from unharmed.

Philosophía
Team 1 stomps.

Warlord
Superman solos team 2 and then proceeds to solo MU and then just for the fun of it soloes DC

manx422
Team 1 11/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.