Pyschology test.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
These tests can reveal information about you that you may not have known. These tests should be done as honestly as possible. Can be annoying. But I find it MUCH better than the tests they put up on facebook. Often times, I find the options on the facebooks tests to be too limited or stupid, because many are done by idiots.

FIRST: Register an account. Don't worry, it's a safe website hosted by Harvard.

Second: start taking tests.

Do NOT read the following information until you've taken a few tests. Again DO NOT READ THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE TAKEN A FEW TESTS!!!! I think it will ruin the tests for you if you do:

I don't think the purpose of each tests is explicitly stated. I think some tests are a measure of something else, but on the surface, it says it's measure "this" or "that", etc. For example, one of the questionnaire's asked several questions about my political perspectives and then it asked me a math question. The math question isn't very hard at all, but I wanted to use logarithms to figure it out, at first, until I realized I was WAY over thinking it. On another test, it asked me about the leaders of other nations and questions about politics and geographic...I knew all the answers, but I highly doubt 99% of Americans would know the answers to those questions. Tells me the tests are more than what they seem. What they are REALLY analyzing is not necessarily the "I' "E" key portions of the test. They are probably more interested in how those tests correlate to the "hidden" meanings for the test, but those sneaky bastards aren't telling us that.

Post some of your test results and your thoughts on those.

I moderately favor nuturing over strictness.

I have no bias of math towards any race. I have a slight bias of math towards males. (Which is a truth, not really a biased on my part...but that truth came up through my testing I guess, lol.)

I am a moderate. (DUH! That's what I've been saying, damnit.)

I moderately prefer defend over attack.

I strongly associate negative with smoking. (DUH! It was hard to separate negative things from smoking for me. Probably the hardest of all the tests to do right...even though the objective is to NOT get the questions wrong. lul. I REALLY hate smoke: exhaust, cig. smoke, etc. But, smoked meat is gooood.)

POST your results! This was FUN as hell. My idea of what to do when I'm bored. I am very curious as to some of my fellow poster's results.

Here is the testing page:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Edit - Lulz, mispelled "Pscyhology" and "test" should have a capital "T" and an "s" on the end. I've done worse. What's sad is I'm using Firefox. My brain is shot, I guess.

Sancty
Originally posted by dadudemon
.I knew all the answers, but I highly doubt 99% of Americans would know the answers to those questions.

Edit - Lulz, mispelled "Pscyhology" and "test" should have a capital "T" and an "s" on the end. I've done worse. What's sad is I'm using Firefox. My brain is shot, I guess.
no expression

Anyways, ja. It is interesting:

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

Little to no automatic preference between White people and Black people.

Strong automatic preference for Young compared to Old.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sancty
no expression

You didn't know Americans are dumb? And, I don't see how a hurried typed post at 2:53 AM that hasa a typo and a failed capitalization qualifies as Comp I homework. no expression

Edit - Look, I made another typo. no expression See, it happens.

Anyways, ja. It is interesting:

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

Little to no automatic preference between White people and Black people.

Interesting. I'd expect that much from you, though. You don't seem racist or a bigot...but you love those young Japanese ladies.

Sancty
You didn't know Americans are dumb?
Actually:

Your data suggests:
A moderate automatic preference for the United States compared to the United Kingdom

mmm

And you misspelled psychology teh second time too srug

dadudemon
And you misspelled psychology teh second time too srug

Typo, again. wink

I'm using Firefox, so it's not like I didn't notice. I was to damn tired at the time.

Bardock42
These tests can reveal information about you that you may not have known. These tests should be done as honestly as possible. Can be annoying. But I find it MUCH better than the tests they put up on facebook. Often times, I find the options on the facebooks tests to be too limited or stupid, because many are done by idiots.

FIRST: Register an account. Don't worry, it's a safe website hosted by Harvard.

Second: start taking tests.

Do NOT read the following information until you've taken a few tests. Again DO NOT READ THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE TAKEN A FEW TESTS!!!! I think it will ruin the tests for you if you do:

I don't think the purpose of each tests is explicitly stated. I think some tests are a measure of something else, but on the surface, it says it's measure "this" or "that", etc. For example, one of the questionnaire's asked several questions about my political perspectives and then it asked me a math question. The math question isn't very hard at all, but I wanted to use logarithms to figure it out, at first, until I realized I was WAY over thinking it. On another test, it asked me about the leaders of other nations and questions about politics and geographic...I knew all the answers, but I highly doubt 99% of Americans would know the answers to those questions. Tells me the tests are more than what they seem. What they are REALLY analyzing is not necessarily the "I' "E" key portions of the test. They are probably more interested in how those tests correlate to the "hidden" meanings for the test, but those sneaky bastards aren't telling us that.

Post some of your test results and your thoughts on those.

I moderately favor nuturing over strictness.

I have no bias of math towards any race. I have a slight bias of math towards males. (Which is a truth, not really a biased on my part...but that truth came up through my testing I guess, lol.)

I am a moderate. (DUH! That's what I've been saying, damnit.)

I moderately prefer defend over attack.

I strongly associate negative with smoking. (DUH! It was hard to separate negative things from smoking for me. Probably the hardest of all the tests to do right...even though the objective is to NOT get the questions wrong. lul. I REALLY hate smoke: exhaust, cig. smoke, etc. But, smoked meat is gooood.)

POST your results! This was FUN as hell. My idea of what to do when I'm bored. I am very curious as to some of my fellow poster's results.

Here is the testing page:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Oh man.

I did this before, but I don't enjoy doing it, I think I got moderate bias toward Europeans Americans though.

Jaeh.is.Awesome

Jaeh.is.Awesome
random update:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Community compared to Individual.

really.. interesting...

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

yeah.

edit +

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Security compared to Freedom.

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Markets compared to Regulation.

very interesting... hmm..

Syren
This is pretty interesting yes Although, I didn't need to make an account, there's actually nowhere to register.

Your data suggests:

Syren
Your data suggests:

Strong automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

That's really a surprise... I would have thought I'd be neutral considering I'm bi, but clearly I'm conflicted erm

Syren
Your data suggests:

Slight automatic preference for Light Skinned People compared to Dark Skinned People.

I don't agree with this result, but I figured I'd post it anyway shrug

Syren
Your data suggests:

Strong association of Male with Science and Female with Liberal Arts.

See, that I knew. I don't know why I make those distinct associations, though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Security compared to Freedom.

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Markets compared to Regulation.

very interesting... hmm..

Wow. Very interesting. Those two results almost conflict. Free markets versus security. Though the two are not similar measurements...so I guess that's not really comparable.

Originally posted by Syren
Your data suggests:

Strong automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

That's really a surprise... I would have thought I'd be neutral considering I'm bi, but clearly I'm conflicted erm

That IS weird. Very weird. It could be the reflection of some of the ideas your perceive from some of the people who influenced your perceptions of morality, but not necessarily what you consciously hold.

Very interesting result.

Sancty
Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Thin People and Fat People.

Weird mmm

Your data suggest a slight association of Female with Career and Male with Family compared to Male with Career and Female with Family.

Ladyluck
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

I was unaware that I had a preference. This test doesn't really seem like it would be accurate...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

I was unaware that I had a preference. This test doesn't really seem like it would be accurate...

One of the first things modern psychology discovered was that accurate self assesment is essentially impossible.

Mindship
...especially through forced choice formats.

Syren
Originally posted by Ladyluck

I was surprised by most of the results I got as well, but it's good to learn things about yourself. Even if they're difficult to reconcile.

lil bitchiness
''Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for SMOKING compared to SHAPE.''

Well duh, I'm a smoker.

Naz
I took this entire test and then at the end it said it would close the pop up box and post my results in the original window. Well both the pop up box and original window closed so I guess I don't know what my results are.

BackFire
"Your data suggest an extensive automatic preference for children over adults."

Think it got my results confused with Bardock's.

dadudemon
"Your data suggest a slight automatic association between Self and Anger.

Your data suggest a slight automatic positive association with System."

siriuswriter
erm. i think i might have taken the wrong one... but.

my findings were that i find a strong correlation between women and literature, and men and math, and that i don't see any type of connection between asian vs. white people when it comes to math.

Bardock42
"Your data suggest a slight automatic association between Self and Anger.

Your data suggest a slight automatic positive association with System." If I were you I'd be angry at that, too.

NemeBro
Your data suggest a strong association of Male with Science and Female with Liberal Arts compared to Female with Science and Male with Liberal Arts.

Hm.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
If I were you I'd be angry at that, too.

Good job.

Bardock42
Good job.

Thanks, I thought of it all by myself. Did it make you laugh?

dadudemon
Thanks, I thought of it all by myself.

I can tell.

Did it make you laugh?

No, not at all. But, if it makes you feel better, I'm sure there's some 10-year-old out there who would find that funny.

Bardock42
I can tell.

No, not at all. But, if it makes you feel better, I'm sure there's some 10-year-old out there who would find that funny.

That's mean sad

dadudemon
That's mean sad

Want any cheese with that whine?

Red Nemesis
Oh my lord I'm a racist:

Your data suggest a strong association of Asian with Math and White with Language Arts compared to White with Math and Asian with Language Arts.

Your data suggest little or no association between Female and Male with Math and Language Arts.

The funny thing is that I thought I was more sexist than racist.

Bardock42
Want any cheese with that whine?

You are so horrible to me weep

dadudemon
You are so horrible to me weep

Get over it. Now, back on topic. Take a test, post your results, and comment on the results. Or, comment on others' results.

NemeBro
You are so horrible to me weep Horrible people deserve horrible treatment...German.

Bardock42
Get over it. Now, back on topic. Take a test, post your results, and comment on the results. Or, comment on others' results.

I did, then you were really mean to me cry

Ms.Marvel
laughing

dadudemon
I did, then you were really mean to me cry

No, what you did was insult another poster over their results. You took the results out of context to do so.

This is the last time I respond to one of your off-topic posts.

Bardock42
No, what you did was insult another poster over their results. You took the results out of context to do so.

This is the last time I respond to one of your off-topic posts.

Cool. You take things quite seriously lately. I guess I can understand it. I'll try not to make jokes around you, don't worry.

dadudemon
Cool. You take things quite seriously lately. I guess I can understand it. I'll try not to make jokes around you, don't worry.

I got into trouble from two well respected mods (Ush and Backfire), Sadako, and AC for being too immature and not being serious enough. The other forum can be the place I make my "goofy" or immature posts on.

Bardock42
I got into trouble from two well respected mods (Ush and Backfire), Sadako, and AC for being too immature and not being serious enough. The other forum can be the place I make my "goofy" or immature posts on. Oh, you can stay serious and not get pissy about light hearted jokes.

But perhaps you should heed your own advice

dadudemon
Oh, you can stay serious and not get pissy about light hearted jokes.

So we're "chums" now, huh? It was all in good fun? Well, considering you made a thread about dumb posts dadduemon has made and considering how many times you've become publicly outraged about divulging things from the real world, your joke can be hardly quantifiable as just another lighthearted joke with a good chum, especially considering the context was another, "dadudemon is full of himself" insult.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm not all over your insults as hilarious and chummy.

But perhaps you should heed your own advice

What advice.

Bardock42
So we're "chums" now, huh? It was all in good fun? Well, considering you made a thread about dumb posts dadduemon has made and considering how many times you've become publicly outraged about divulging things from the real world, your joke can be hardly quantifiable as just another lighthearted joke with a good chum, especially considering the context was another, "dadudemon is full of himself" insult.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm not all over your insults as hilarious and chummy.

What advice.

Way to overreact. Back on topic then?

The same thing that happened to Naz actually happened to me, I spend about 10 minutes on a test and before I got the result both windows closed. It was frustrating. And as I said I don't enjoy those kind of tests I didn't do another one so far.

dadudemon
The same thing that happened to Naz actually happened to me, I spend about 10 minutes on a test and before I got the result both windows closed. It was frustrating. And as I said I don't enjoy those kind of tests I didn't do another one so far. Check your browser settings. Turn off any built in pop-up blocker and any 3rd party pop-up blockers. If that doesn't work, use a different browser or check that help section or FAQs on that site.

Syren
So we're "chums" now, huh? It was all in good fun? Well, considering you made a thread about dumb posts dadduemon has made...

Oh, **** off, will you!! Being a complete dick seems to come so easily to you. You're all excited to be a part of the other forum, you even requested the link. When you're jovially participating in the thread which is entirely based around taking the piss out of YOU are you actually faking it? Because you do a brilliant job of enjoying the limelight, even if it is generally negative attention. I wouldn't get pissy over stuff here that you are utterly relaxed about there because that could make you seem two-faced. Oh deary.

*breathes*

I shall now continue with more of these tests.

Back on topic then?

Excuse me embarrasment

Edit: I've just noticed I was actually doing the demo tests, hence why I couldn't see where to make an account.

Bardock42
Check your browser settings. Turn off any built in pop-up blocker and any 3rd party pop-up blockers. If that doesn't work, use a different browser or check that help section or FAQs on that site. Well it worked for one test. And it worked when I did it a year nor so ago. It just happened once now. But perhaps I will try later with Firefox.

Syren
It worked ok for me just now except it closed my KMC tab, which is annoying.

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for SHAPE compared to SMOKING.

dadudemon
Oh, **** off, will you!! Being a complete dick seems to come so easily to you. You're all excited to be a part of the other forum, you even requested the link. When you're jovially participating in the thread which is entirely based around taking the piss out of YOU are you actually faking it? Because you do a brilliant job of enjoying the limelight, even if it is generally negative attention. I wouldn't get pissy over stuff here that you are utterly relaxed about there because that could make you seem two-faced. Oh deary.

*breathes*

Oh, hai Syren. big grin

Nice to see you around.

Yeah, the tests worked just fine for me and have never not worked. However, I'm doing things very bare-bones in Firefox. I assume both of you are using Firefox and with several additions?

Syren
Your data suggest a slight association of White with Math and Asian with Language Arts compared to Asian with Math and White with Language Arts.

Your data suggest a strong association of Male with Math and Female with Language Arts compared to Female with Math and Male with Language Arts.

Oh, hai Syren. big grin

Nice to see you around.

Yeah, the tests worked just fine for me and have never not worked. However, I'm doing things very bare-bones in Firefox. I assume both of you are using Firefox and with several additions?

hmm

Using Firefox, with theme addition and bbcode. Maybe that doesn't help?

dadudemon
Your data suggest a slight association of White with Math and Asian with Language Arts compared to Asian with Math and White with Language Arts./B]

Wow. That's the excact opposite of the "general" population. That's kind of neat.

Bardock42
Oh, hai Syren. big grin

Nice to see you around.

Yeah, the tests worked just fine for me and have never not worked. However, I'm doing things very bare-bones in Firefox. I assume both of you are using Firefox and with several additions? No, I'm using Chrome.

Syren
Wow. That's the excact opposite of the "general" population. That's kind of neat.

Odd, as well, because when it asked me if I had any particular association I did admit that I had a slight association - that I am aware of - of Asian with Math, but no distinct association with Language. So for it to figure I have more of an association of white with Math is surprising.

Syren
Your data suggest a slight automatic association of George Bush with Honest and Bill Clinton with Corrupt compared to Bill Clinton with Honest and George Bush with Corrupt.

dadudemon
No, I'm using Chrome.

Switch to Firefox and tel me if that helped.

Your data suggest a slight automatic association of George Bush with Honest and Bill Clinton with Corrupt compared to Bill Clinton with Honest and George Bush with Corrupt.

laughing

B-but...b-but. They are BOTH liars.

NemeBro
Your data suggest a slight automatic association of George Bush with Honest and Bill Clinton with Corrupt compared to Bill Clinton with Honest and George Bush with Corrupt. I think I just came. no expression

Bardock42
Switch to Firefox and tel me if that helped.

Maybe later, like I said.

Syren
B-but...b-but. They are BOTH liars.

I can't control the reactions I have to words and images on a ****ing screen mad

dadudemon
I can't control the reactions I have to words and images on a ****ing screen mad

laughing

"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Accept compared to Protest.

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Self compared to Other."

I am generally accepting of things. Very tolerant.

Syren
And slightly selfish, apparently. But aren't we all? stick out tongue

Syren
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Individual compared to Collective.

Unexpected.

Syren
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Present compared to Past.

Kris Blaze
Your data suggests that you hate homosexuals.

dadudemon
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Present compared to Past.

No sense in livin' in the past, eh? big grin

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Your data suggests that you hate homosexuals.

That's ironic because that means you hate yourself because you're a flamer. Get it! Cause your name is "Kris Blaze" and you have a flaming avatar and sig! OMG! ROFL ROFL cakes! I'm soooooo funny. dur

Alright. I'm done. I know it was lame. I'm just bored.

Kris Blaze
Seriously though, the test was pretty interesting. Are there more like it?

That's ironic because that means you hate yourself because you're a flamer. Get it! Cause your name is "Kris Blaze" and you have a flaming avatar and sig! OMG! ROFL ROFL cakes! I'm soooooo funny. dur

Alright. I'm done. I know it was lame. I'm just bored.

lmao

It's not flames though, it's like....greeeeeeeed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Seriously though, the test was pretty interesting. Are there more like it?

lmao

It's not flames though, it's like....greeeeeeeed.

lol

Glad you took it for what it was: a lame joke. laughing

Syren
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Nurturing compared to Strict.

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Freedom compared to Security.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.