Hercules or Sentry: Who is Stronger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
As per title.

mummy_guy
hercules is stronger then sentry

gogogadgetgo
sentry is the strongest ever!! with the power a million exploding suns! blink

mummy_guy
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
sentry is the strongest ever!! with the power a million exploding suns! blink

if its the hercules with the cool lion belt then he is stronger if its the hercules without the cool lion belt then he is still stronger but doesnt have the cool lion belt

Warlord
I'd say Sentry when he is focused

mummy_guy
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-zo/SfMRidrZ2EI/AAAAAAAAINw/f9jPWIZGq20/s400/Incredible+Hercules+128+-+sentryCapeMalfunction.jpg

take that

Warlord
Originally posted by mummy_guy
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-zo/SfMRidrZ2EI/AAAAAAAAINw/f9jPWIZGq20/s400/Incredible+Hercules+128+-+sentryCapeMalfunction.jpg

take that

doesn't work

mummy_guy
here is the link again where hercules owning sentry

Warlord
it doesn't work again although I have the issue....quite irrelevant with the thread though

mummy_guy
hercules is stronger then sentry ... sentry is not that strong at all

Warlord
ok

mummy_guy
Originally posted by Warlord
ok

for real man

thanos-prime
in lifting herc all the way sentry couldn't even lift the shield Heli-carrier

mummy_guy
Originally posted by thanos-prime
in lifting herc all the way sentry couldn't even lift the shield Heli-carrier

thats right, sentry isnt that strong at all i would say sentry is somewhere in colossus league

KingD19
Dude, you obviously don't read comics much. Even though it was off panel, Sentry downed Galactus. He also fought evenly with Blue Marvel, the guy who lifted a 90,000 ton ship with no real problems. Lifted an asteroid the size of Arkansas, he could have split the moon in half if he had hit it with all his might. Although, the fight was kind of soured for Sentry since Marvel was fighting the other Avengers and Anti-Man at the time.

Herc is stronger, I'm not denying that, in fact I endorse Hercules, GO BUY AIR-HERC'S!!! THEY MAKE YOU JUMP LIKE A GOD!!!! smile

However, Sentry is above Colossus, clearly since his strength feats show that, like fighting toe to toe with WWH and making him burn himself out. Whooping Namor's ass, etccc. Just sayin Mummy, you gotta read more into this stuff man.

Kazenji
it doesn't work again although I have the issue....quite irrelevant with the thread though

Bullshit it does'nt work........

KingD19
Kaz, it's the scan where Herc is fighting Venom and Sentry, then he basically hands Sentry his ass on that boat.

Warlord
Sentry's strength varies....

He was unable to lift the hellicarier but he was able to break Terrax's axe and contain a cosmic cube

-Pr-
Hercules, imo.

SamZED
Sentry's strength varies....

He was unable to lift the hellicarier but he was able to break Terrax's axe and contain a cosmic cube Didn't Void say that his strength goes up and down with his emotions? And currently he's really messed on the head.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by KingD19
Dude, you obviously don't read comics much. Even though it was off panel, Sentry downed Galactus. He also fought evenly with Blue Marvel, the guy who lifted a 90,000 ton ship with no real problems. Lifted an asteroid the size of Arkansas, he could have split the moon in half if he had hit it with all his might. Although, the fight was kind of soured for Sentry since Marvel was fighting the other Avengers and Anti-Man at the time.

Herc is stronger, I'm not denying that, in fact I endorse Hercules, GO BUY AIR-HERC'S!!! THEY MAKE YOU JUMP LIKE A GOD!!!! smile

However, Sentry is above Colossus, clearly since his strength feats show that, like fighting toe to toe with WWH and making him burn himself out. Whooping Namor's ass, etccc. Just sayin Mummy, you gotta read more into this stuff man. none of that really compares to lifting the earth but your right sentry is above colossus when did he whoop namor? cause in the list they were pretty even

Warlord
^ yeah pretty much that's the case...

-Pr-

However, Sentry is above Colossus, clearly since his strength feats show that, like fighting toe to toe with WWH and making him burn himself out. Whooping Namor's ass, etccc. Just sayin Mummy, you gotta read more into this stuff man.

off panel feats aren't admissable on the forum.

manx422
HERCULES

Naija boy
Id say if hes focused in the head then Sentry is stronger.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Naija boy
Id say if hes focused in the head then Sentry is stronger.

I agree but thats a big mayyybe
As things are now Herc

KingD19
I know it doesn't count, but it was worth mentioning. And I was talking about the new comic where Namor and Sentry go toe to toe. Namor kind of takes a beating.

snoopdogg
I know it doesn't count, but it was worth mentioning. And I was talking about the new comic where Namor and Sentry go toe to toe. Namor kind of takes a beating. Pretty much. He was overpowered in the air and the ground. Lucky for him Sentry had bigger fish to fry.

rotiart
Sentrys powers have a calming effect on hulk...
Sentry fights hulk... Hulk burnt out and becomes banner

hulk however pummeled on sentry until he ran outta juice

KingD19
Sentry's powers have a calming effect on Savage Hulk, the only one with a brain small enough for his calming light to work on.

Sentry fought WWH, Sentry caused Hulk to revert to Banner, Hulk caused Sentry to revert to Bob.

They burned each other out....then Hulk transformed again and was about to give us a few island sized continents with a couple steps.

I remember Sentry saying something about how Namor had courage, and Namor said he would give everything in the fight.

Longinus
The Hellicarrier event could be explained as not only the Hellicarrier weighing hundreds if not thousands of tons but it was also falling thus gaining momentum. I'm sure Superman or Thor would've had trouble as well. Also consider that the craft most likely would have collapsed upon itself if Robert were the only one to brace it...so scientifically it would make more sense to have Marvel Girl and Wonder Man brace it as well as they did. And to whoever said Sentry's in Colossus' weight class, just exit this debate...Sentry manhandled Thing who is arguably equal if not stronger than Colossus so that goes out the window. Hercules sidestepping and grabbing Robert's cape isn't an example of him being stronger than Sentry, it was more so an example of Herc's battle cunning and he simply redirected Robert's momentum, not hard considering he weighs in the lower 200lbs. Also wasn't Herc beaten by Hulk easily...while Sentry fighting idiotically fought him and forced him to revert? The calming aura is of no significance because Robert has to emit his energy in a non volatile way to calm Hulk which he wasn't doing during their fight in WWH and he hasn't used that since Jenkin's run years ago and Reed didn't succeed in replicating it exactly and if he did it just shows that it no longer affects Hulk so the excuse that Hulk was being calmed while fighting doesn't stand anymore. Sentry reigns over Hulk strength wise, though they are all peers...Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Hercules.

bbrem123
sentry and wwh was a dumb fight...going by that to gauge sentrys strength is stupid...all it shows is sentrys stupidity and his instability.

The Nuul
Herc

tkitna
I dont know who's stronger, but I laugh everytime that people post the Hercules and Sentry scans. Sentry wasnt even trying during those scans. Hercules knew what was going down as he even told him to bring his A game the next time.

I loved the issue and I like Hercules, but that little scape is of no use when trying to guage either of them.

KingD19
Longinus, you're right on most accounts, except about Thing being stronger than Colossus, equal more than likely, stronger, not so much.

You were also wrong about Herc getting beat by Hulk. Herc got a few very good hits in, then he tried to tell Hulk he didn't want to fight, he said he wouldn't fight back, and Hulk began to wail on him. It would have been different if Herc had fought back.

xJLxKing
Hercules by a decent amount

batdude123
It's pretty funny Sentry has been reduced to fighting Namor.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud
He used to be compared to Thor, Superman, Hyperion, Gladiator..etc.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by batdude123

Unlike Hercules...

confused

h1a8
Again, it depends on which Sentry. The Sentry that faced Terrax or the Sentry that faced Ironman or the helicarrier.

Potentially, Sentry can be stronger than all Earthly heroes, possible Superman himself.

occultdestroyer
As of now, HerculesOriginally posted by h1a8
Potentially, Sentry can be stronger than all Earthly heroes, possible Superman himself.
No

Nihilist
Hercules

bbrem123
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
As of now, Hercules
No

yes

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by bbrem123
yes
Superman has never had as many low showings as Sentry.

He has never been dropped to the same level as Namor.

bbrem123
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Superman has never had as many low showings as Sentry.

He has never been dropped to the same level as Namor.

he wasnt dropped to namors level...he overpowered him the whole fight...and sentry strength fluctuates with his emotions which is why he has bad showings...superman doesnt have an unstable mind like sentry

oo and this tread has nothing to do with superman so why bring him up?

bbrem123
oops double post...sorry

Stoic
Sentry at his strongest showing, which would be his battle with WWHulk was a good deal stronger than Hercules.

KingD19
You do realize that Herc hurt Hulk when he hit him, then he said I don't want to fight you anymore, then he let Hulk beat up his face.

Stoic
You do realize that Herc hurt Hulk when he hit him, then he said I don't want to fight you anymore, then he let Hulk beat up his face.

Yes I realize all of that but I also realize that when he was exchanging blows with Herc that he wasn't nearly as strong as he was when he fought Sentry. Evidence to this fact is seen when Sentry lays into the Hulk early on when he punched the Hulk through the building. Hercules was dealing with the Hulk on a much lower level of strength.

KingD19
WWH strength was consistent throughout the arc, it was repeatedly emphasized that he was at his peak of strength since Hulk and Banner had finally started working together, and both were extremely pissed off.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry at his strongest showing, which would be his battle with WWHulk was a good deal stronger than Hercules.

true...but sentry was unstable at this point...with sentry all there he would have put Hulk in his place...so basically a low showing for sentry proves him stronger the hercules

KingD19
Sentry wasn't unstable, mentally he was more stable than he's been currently, and Hulk forced him to expend all his energy. I'd say that's not putting Hulk in his place.

bbrem123
Sentry wasn't unstable, mentally he was more stable than he's been currently, and Hulk forced him to expend all his energy. I'd say that's not putting Hulk in his place.

did u read the comic...how can u say he was not unstable....letting someone punch u in the face is pretty messed up...in the end too sentry didnt even seem tired or fazed by his face getting pounded in...he reverted back to Bob and then he fell over....we can argue all day about how this fight went...im gonna say sentry didnt run out of energy and he reverted himself back to Bob cuz he realized how crazy he was...y do u think hulk was saying all that stuff to him?....i say this because it is stated on panel that sentry can draw energy from anything and everywhere so how could he run out?

Mindset
By the writers having him run out.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Mindset
By the writers having him run out.

cuz they say he runs out?

unless i missed it somewhere in the text

KingD19
He could run out because fighting Hulk was making him expend the energy faster than he can absorb it.

Hulk let a bunch of people hit him, he wasn't crazy or unstable, WWH was his most stable transformation, since his Hulk persona and Banner persona were in total agreement.

Hulk wasn't tired or phased either.

Didn't Bob say something along the lines that Hulk finally allowed him to unleash or use his full potential? At the end of the fight, Bob thanked Banner for allowing him to expend all of his energy.

Mindset
cuz they say he runs out?

unless i missed it somewhere in the text Cuz they showed him running out.

bbrem123
it said nothing about full potential...just that he need to expend his energy....and sentry was unstable not hulk...hulk was very stable...and saying that he used more then he can absorb is assuming

I kno hulk was fine too...thats y im saying they reverted not because they expend all their energy but because sentry got back in control of himself

KingD19
There was no reason for Hulk to revert, except all of his energy was spent, same thing with Sentry. By your logic, he turned back into Bob as soon as he was in control, which means, if he did that, and Hulk stayed as Hulk, there would be no more Sentry.

bbrem123
There was no reason for Hulk to revert, except all of his energy was spent, same thing with Sentry. By your logic, he turned back into Bob as soon as he was in control, which means, if he did that, and Hulk stayed as Hulk, there would be no more Sentry.

they revert cuz it was over...y would he have to be hulk?...he was done fighting for good until rick got stab in went crazy

KingD19
He wasn't done fighting, he still wanted to get the Illuminati back for what they did.

Mindset
So they decided to revert back to their human selves and throw the last couple punches?

COOL!

Spire
Sentry is so strong that he doesn't even need to show it in a book.

KingD19
^Win

bbrem123
So they decided to revert back to their human selves and throw the last couple punches?

COOL!

so you would say they ran out of energy?...cuz it says that no where...the fight is pretty unexplained and can go alot of different ways

it just doesnt add up how they would loses all of there energy....when sentry cant run out of energy and hulk as long as he is angry cant run out either...why cant hulk have thrown one last punch? he was no longer angry and revert will throwing a punch...if you could see throughout the whole fight he was trying to stop sentry from destroy everything...like everyone was saying he was gonna do

Mindset
so you would say they ran out of energy?...cuz it says that no where...the fight is pretty unexplained and can go alot of different ways

it just doesnt add up how they would loses all of there energy....when sentry cant run out of energy and hulk as long as he is angry cant run out either...why cant hulk have thrown one last punch? he was no longer angry and revert will throwing a punch...if you could see throughout the whole fight he was trying to help sentry not destroy everything...like everyone was saying

It doesn't need to say it, you see he runs out of energy and reverts to his human self.

Show me where it says Sentry can't run out of energy.

bbrem123
it says when he was fighting genis and it is describe within his power set

Mindset
No, it doesn't say he can't run out of energy.

SamZED
While its true that Sentry's current showings suck I dont think Her could break Terrax's axe like Sentry did. Or stop it with one hand in the middle of attack like Sentry did. So I guess Sentry potentially is stronger but now that he's served his purpose - jobbing to Hulk - he soon will be forgotten...

bbrem123
No, it doesn't say he can't run out of energy.

so being able to absorb energy from everything and everywhere means you can run out of energy...unlikely

it says in marvel that his powers r seemingly limitless

Mindset
so being able to absorb energy from everything and everywhere means you can run out of energy...unlikely

it says in marvel that his powers r seemingly limitless It does if you use up energy faster than you can absorb it, but I see you're resorting to hyperbole, so I guess we're done here...

iceman24567
It does if you use up energy faster than you can absorb it, but I see you're resorting to hyperbole, so I guess we're done here... thumb up

bbrem123
It does if you use up energy faster than you can absorb it, but I see you're resorting to hyperbole, so I guess we're done here...

you have just as many facts to what happened in the fight as i do...but i have evidence saying his power is limitless...you have nothing

so now u resort to me going by hyperbole...come on now...that is the same shit everybody uses when it comes to the sentry

get a new one...they dont just say all this stuff about him for the fun of it...really man

you are assuming all of your points

Mindset
you have just as many facts to what happened in the fight as i do...but i have evidence saying his power is limitless...you have nothing

so now u resort to me going by hyperbole...come on now...that is the same shit everybody uses when it comes to the sentry

get a new one...they dont just say all this stuff about him for the fun of it...really man

you are assuming all of your points

You're right, I have just as many facts as to what happened in the fight as you do, the difference is I'm not ignoring them so I can claim Sentry is some kind of a power house that he has never shown himself to be.

Yea, I'm resorting to saying something that most everyone can see, besides apparently you. Looks like they do say this stuff for the fun of it; show me a scan of Sentry displaying seemingly limitless power or never running out of energy. Because I can show you a scan of him fighting Hulk until he reverts back to Bob then passes out.

You're assuming he has limitless power and he can't run out of energy when what has actually been shown on panel contradicts that. erm

bbrem123
You're right, I have just as many facts as to what happened in the fight as you do, the difference is I'm not ignoring them so I can claim Sentry is some kind of a power house that he has never shown himself to be.

Yea, I'm resorting to saying something that most everyone can see, besides apparently you. Looks like they do say this stuff for the fun of it; show me a scan of Sentry displaying seemingly limitless power or never running out of energy. Because I can show you a scan of him fighting Hulk until he reverts back to Bob then passes out.

You're assuming he has limitless power and he can't run out of energy when what has actually been shown on panel contradicts that. erm

against genis....and he also overloaded absorbing man when thor and all of asgard could not...really buddy

saying he is not a power house is foolish...

Mindset
against genis....and he also overloaded absorbing man when thor and all of asgard could not...really buddy

saying he is not a power house is foolish... Against Genis he never showed limitless power or the ability to never run out of energy, why do you keep bringing it up?

Right, so one outlier feat.

I'm saying he is not the power house you're making him out to be, shouldn't be that hard to understand.

bbrem123
Against Genis he never showed limitless power or the ability to never run out of energy, why do you keep bringing it up?

Right, so one outlier feat.

I'm saying he is not the power house you're making him out to be, shouldn't be that hard to understand.

so when they say the energy they r expanding can destroy planets that doesnt count...haha...and absorbing man feat is a great example...they also talk about him destroying everything while he fights WWH...but i guess he ran out way before he could do that...o wait it must be hyperbole toolaughing...nice arguments thumb up

iceman24567
so when they say the energy they r expanding can destroy planets that doesnt count...haha... No it doesn't we have a word for such statements.

Mindset
so when they say the energy they r expanding can destroy planets that doesnt count...haha...and absorbing man feat is a great example...they also talk about him destroying everything while he fights WWH...but i guess he ran out way before he could do that...nice arguments thumb up Do you have a comprehension problem?

No, the energy they are expanding doesn't count as having limitless power or the ability to never run out of energy...

Did he destroy everything in his fight with Hulk?

You haven't even presented an argument, just hyperbolic statements about Sentry's powers and supposed possibilities of what he could do.

bbrem123
so everytime it says someone moves at the speed of light its hyperbole...its just the easy was out of an argument about a character u dont like

bbrem123
Do you have a comprehension problem?

No, the energy they are expanding doesn't count as having limitless power or the ability to never run out of energy...

Did he destroy everything in his fight with Hulk?

You haven't even presented an argument, just hyperbolic statements about Sentry's powers and supposed possibilities of what he could do.

i gave u absorbing man... and you throw it aside

its impossible to show limitless power on panel without...cuz no matter how much energy someone expends you can say he can run out...but you call it hyperbole

assuming everything is hyperbole is not a very good argument...im sorry man

Parmaniac
Hulk burned the Sentry out no doubt about that, if not where was the Sentry after Hulk turned again into the Hulk (Worldbreaker) who was brought down by a manipulated Satellite? Right with the face in the dirt.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Hulk burned the Sentry out no doubt about that, if not where was the Sentry after Hulk turned again into the Hulk (Worldbreaker) who was brought down by a manipulated Satellite? Right with the face in the dirt.

haha this doesnt have anything to do with what we r arguing about... Bob was outcold cuz banner punched him out...what is your point? Im not saying Bob was not Koed

Parmaniac
haha this doesnt have anything to do with what we r arguing about... Bob was outcold cuz banner punched him out...what is your point? Im not saying Bob was not Koed

my point is that WWH has beaten the shit out of the Sentry and cause of that he turned back to Bob (same for Hulk in this), Bruce was totally worn out so was Bob cause of their fight in their other personas (Hulk / Sentry) if the Sentry can't burn out why did he changed back to Bob? That makes absolutely no sense

tkitna
Originally posted by Parmaniac
my point is that WWH has beaten the shit out of the Sentry and cause of that he turned back to Bob (same for Hulk in this), Bruce was totally worn out so was Bob cause of their fight in their other personas (Hulk / Sentry) if the Sentry can't burn out why did he changed back to Bob? That makes absolutely no sense

Would you believe that Sentry did that on purpose because thats what happened. He had the Hulk help him along,,,thats all.

Kris Blaze
Sentry.

bbrem123
Originally posted by tkitna
Would you believe that Sentry did that on purpose because thats what happened. He had the Hulk help him along,,,thats all.

thank you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.