Scorpius Malfoy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charmaine
The son of Draco Malfoy. The most we know about him is that he was mentioned in the epilogue of Deathly Hallows about to board the Hogwarts Express, So what do you think he is going to be like once he gets to Hogwarts, What house will he be in, This is the discussion thread devoted to Scorpius.

Miss S Malfoy
MINI DRACO! Yum...Draco...

charmaine
would be fun if he winded up being in a another house and not slytherin

Miss S Malfoy
Ikes! Ok so anything but Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or gryfindore...Crap, thats all of the other ones

charmaine
lol my guess it would be Gryffindor which would be intersting especially if harry potters kids and Rons would be in the same house as them, or the other one Ravenclaw higly doubtful though...NO WAY would it be hufflepuff, Slytherin is a possibility after all the house itself is different now and not as evil or frowned upon as it once was.

siriuswriter
wow. apparently draco has as much of a 'naming child something odd' thing going on as his mother did.

scorpius? ... i suppose if he'd been a girl they'd have called her scorpia.

charmaine
don't know where Jk. Rowling got the idea to call draco's sons name Scorpius confused very odd

Running Mascara
Originally posted by siriuswriter
wow. apparently draco has as much of a 'naming child something odd' thing going on as his mother did.

scorpius? ... i suppose if he'd been a girl they'd have called her scorpia.
actually i like Scorpia for some reason ermmhappy

I love you siggle love
Johnny D && Tim B are the shizznit wink

siriuswriter
^dude, i know. i cannot wait until this movie comes OUT!!

charmaine
your sig is awesome

Running Mascara
^dude, i know. i cannot wait until this movie comes OUT!!
March 5th, 2010 right?? sad
I've been waiting for it since lk the beginning of 2008 erm

charmaine
I reckon Scorpius will be different to how Draco was at Hogwarts and be more passive, on the other hand if anything it would probably be Rons's kids causing trouble because if you remember Ron tod his son to get Scorpius or something like that.

siriuswriter
i dunno. my guess is that that kid's going to grow up in the malfoy house in one of three ways :

a) we don't talk about the time before harry potter killed voldemort
or
b) we do talk about it, and we make sure to be completely bitter and to be two-faced in public and daddy will go on and on and tell stories every night about how he could have ruled the world
or
c)daddy is well adjusted. he knows what he did was wrong. he's explained what happened, all is well in house of malfoy.

and i rather see a combination of a and c as the most probable. now think about all the things that would be impressed on a young boy, the things that would stick out in childhood...

and i see scorpius as a shy kid who just desperately wants to fit in at hogwarts.

but then, that's just me.

Blue Gothic
Yep i have to with c on that one i think draco would of mellowed over time and woudn't want his son making the same mistakes has he did.

brucemendes
BUT REALLY INTERESTING THAT SHE GOT THE REALL IDEA REGARDING DRACO BUT SHOULD WE HAVE TO SEE HOW MUCH TAKES MORE....

siriuswriter
Originally posted by charmaine
don't know where Jk. Rowling got the idea to call draco's sons name Scorpius confused very odd

well, 'draco' is a constellation in the sky and guess what the constellation is... yes, a dragon.

and then there's the zodiac sign "scorpio," which, when put into jk translation for a boy's name, turns into 'scorpius.' and the zodiac sign is a... damn! what's the name of that thing?! has tail that curls around with poisonous stinger.

SCORPION. duh. wow.

so, dragon and scorpion. both potentially dangerous reptilian creatures, of course, the dragon is much more dangerous, and that would follow the theory that scorpius is a much watered-down version of his father - but, is still a malfoy, thus the dangerous animal association?

and malfoy is very very close to mal foie, which i think means "a bad feeling."

jk rowling gave her characters many names that were related to stars or translations or...

like "weasley," rowling's said that she doesn't understand why weasels get a bad rap and how she thinks they're adorable and that's why the best friend and his family had that name. and sirius and regulus are two stars in a three star constellation that has something to do with a dog - the third star is named after the three-headed dog that guards the grecian underworld. sirius is a dog regulus is sirius' little brother...

narcissa obviously comes from narcissist, which is an adjective for a person who is totally in love with themself. which comes from a greek legend about a man who is going to meet his lover when he comes upon an enchanted pool and happens to catch a glimpse of himself - and the enchanted pool has a naiad who falls in love with narcissus and so he is cursed to forever stare at his face in the water, admiring it, forgetting everything else, and so he grows old and dies, never leaving the side off the pool.

you see? take a harry potter name, every name, and there are more than likely quite a few stories that explain why the character is named that way. it's quite interesting. smile smile

wow. long ramble.

charmaine
well, 'draco' is a constellation in the sky and guess what the constellation is... yes, a dragon.

and then there's the zodiac sign "scorpio," which, when put into jk translation for a boy's name, turns into 'scorpius.' and the zodiac sign is a... damn! what's the name of that thing?! has tail that curls around with poisonous stinger.

SCORPION. duh. wow.

so, dragon and scorpion. both potentially dangerous reptilian creatures, of course, the dragon is much more dangerous, and that would follow the theory that scorpius is a much watered-down version of his father - but, is still a malfoy, thus the dangerous animal association?

and malfoy is very very close to mal foie, which i think means "a bad feeling."

jk rowling gave her characters many names that were related to stars or translations or...

like "weasley," rowling's said that she doesn't understand why weasels get a bad rap and how she thinks they're adorable and that's why the best friend and his family had that name. and sirius and regulus are two stars in a three star constellation that has something to do with a dog - the third star is named after the three-headed dog that guards the grecian underworld. sirius is a dog regulus is sirius' little brother...

narcissa obviously comes from narcissist, which is an adjective for a person who is totally in love with themself. which comes from a greek legend about a man who is going to meet his lover when he comes upon an enchanted pool and happens to catch a glimpse of himself - and the enchanted pool has a naiad who falls in love with narcissus and so he is cursed to forever stare at his face in the water, admiring it, forgetting everything else, and so he grows old and dies, never leaving the side off the pool.

you see? take a harry potter name, every name, and there are more than likely quite a few stories that explain why the character is named that way. it's quite interesting. smile smile

wow. long ramble.

wow never really though to look up the meaning of the names always wandered where Jk got the names from sweet thanks for that smile

siriuswriter
dude, i've got more. siriusly. when i went for halloween with my friends last year, they wanted me to be jk rowling since i knew every single detail about everything.

i went as rita skeeter instead. it was so much better because i got to wear like SUPER LIME GREEN eyeshadow from my lids to my eyebrows. and i put on a marylin monroe beauty mark. it was genius!!

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by charmaine
would be fun if he winded up being in a another house and not slytherin

yea I argee but I think most likly he would be a slytherin like his father and his mother who I have no clues on who she is.I wish they exclaim more about the family then they did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.