What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
This is assuming that:

Humanity is still around
There was no nuclear holocaust/global warming devastation that sent us back to the stone age or anything like that
We have not been taken over by machines or anything like that

Endless Mike
That's a lot of assumptions

basy132
vast technological advances
same world problems, politics,govt.,enviroment
oil crisis may be solved
prbly nuthin like the jetsons,although that's more cause of safety

coolmovies
Flying cars and woman like Back to the future and matrix .

I would really like to see a real Star wars

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by coolmovies
Flying cars and woman like Back to the future and matrix .

I would really like to see a real Star wars

in 2 THOUSAND years we probably/hopefully would've evolved beyond SW tech/life by quite a bit.

Mr. Rhythmic
"Planet Of The Apes"

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
in 2 THOUSAND years we probably/hopefully would've evolved beyond SW tech/life by quite a bit.

Very much doubt that.

depends if religion is still around, if there will still be wars mainly in the middle east. or maybe the religious ones can pull their head out of their asses and stop this stupid fighting and embrace the one true religion
Jedism smile

coolmovies
They need the force

xJLxKing
This is assuming that:

Humanity is still around
There was no nuclear holocaust/global warming devastation that sent us back to the stone age or anything like that
You just described Utopia stick out tongue

coolmovies
Utopia? the one in dr who?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Very much doubt that.

depends if religion is still around, if there will still be wars mainly in the middle east. or maybe the religious ones can pull their head out of their asses and stop this stupid fighting and embrace the one true religion
Jedism smile

I mean in terms of technology. Many of the things that SW has is already available/almost available to us. Add in 2000 years... think about how far we've advanced in the last 2000 years. Then take into the account that technology increases exponentially.

darthmaul1
I mean in terms of technology. Many of the things that SW has is already available/almost available to us. Add in 2000 years... think about how far we've advanced in the last 2000 years. Then take into the account that technology increases exponentially.

That is true we've gone from spears to arrows to bullets, and walking to riding horses to cars and planes.
I don't think it will be possible to go as fast or faster than the speed of light. it's just too damn fast.

It would be interesting if when we die. death is the next step in our evolution and we are able to go where ever and do what ever in the cosmos. you could then sit above a city and fast forward time to see how we evolve. and it would look like the movie time machine.

Count Makashi
Wouldn't it be cool, that in the future, that they could transfer your conciseness into a computer and you could choose the world of your choice, like SW.

That would be so cool, you could finally be a Jedi for real, well kinda.

Endless Mike
Also it depends if FTL travel is possible or not

jinXed by JaNx
in 2000 years Humanity will probably be where it was 1000 years ago. All of this has happened and all of this will happen again. Yeah, i know it's cheesy but it's probably true. Look, we're just shitting on each other and the planet until another asteroid crashes into the planet. After that happens everything will burn. All life will be burned into memory. All except for a few single celled organism which will find solace near the center of the Earth. After the surface cools, these Single celled organisms will emerge and water will return. After water returns. The cycle of life and evolution will happen all over again. Five thousand years from now, i will be typing this same exact sentence on this same exact site. I will be doing so while waiting for history to repeat itself again because that's what life is...,repetition.

Consciousness was an accident. It was never meant to happen. In an attempt to correct this mistake, Nature gave us a chance, at least until our sun goes super nova. Unfortunately, history never changes. It only repeats itself. So, yeah, we're all screwed.

FistOfThe North
wo nice thread. and it's one of my top favorite topics to discuss. The future.

I remember watching back to the future pt2 exactly 8 times in a row in theatres (once every weekend) cause I was so fascinated with the future and the movie's brilliant depiction of it. as a kid, and still till this day, the distant future and what it'd be like was and still is almost an obsession with me. I consder myself a pure futurist.

I imagine future society 2000 years from now, given the thread starters' circumstances, to be automated. I mean that includes everything reasonably possible product and service wise. i'd be optional, as well. then that would bring elimination of human labor/toil followed by the end of the money system.

I forsee the occurance of first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life well within just a thousand years due to advanced spacecraft propulsion and the possble use of antimatter as a fuel enegry sorce along with space time mastery, wormholes and such or (or space shortcuts) and advance spacial and telesatelite communications that will exist that can detect life sustaining planets with other advanced civilizations in it with super ease. maybe we'll be apart of a multiplanetary UN version of planets hundreds of other intelligent planets teaming with us.

humans on earth will no doubt live longer perhaps a few hundred years due to super advancements in stem cell research. human deseases would cease to exist as well as genetic birth defects as all of this can be done before the embryonic fetal stage due to fully mastering and unlocking the entire DNA helix down to the very last atom. and problems would be added or removed from sequence.

lol I could keep going on and on for days but my washing machine looks like it's coming to a stop..

i'll continue later on..

Impediment
Extinct.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
wo nice thread. and it's one of my top favorite topics to discuss. The future.

I remember watching back to the future pt2 exactly 8 times in a row in theatres (once every weekend) cause I was so fascinated with the future and the movie's brilliant depiction of it. as a kid, and still till this day, the distant future and what it'd be like was and still is almost an obsession with me. I consder myself a pure futurist.

I imagine future society 2000 years from now, given the thread starters' circumstances, to be automated. I mean that includes everything reasonably possible product and service wise. i'd be optional, as well. then that would bring elimination of human labor/toil followed by the end of the money system.

I forsee the occurance of first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life well within just a thousand years due to advanced spacecraft propulsion and the possble use of antimatter as a fuel enegry sorce along with space time mastery, wormholes and such or (or space shortcuts) and advance spacial and telesatelite communications that will exist that can detect life sustaining planets with other advanced civilizations in it with super ease. maybe we'll be apart of a multiplanetary UN version of planets hundreds of other intelligent planets teaming with us.

humans on earth will no doubt live longer perhaps a few hundred years due to super advancements in stem cell research. human deseases would cease to exist as well as genetic birth defects as all of this can be done before the embryonic fetal stage due to fully mastering and unlocking the entire DNA helix down to the very last atom. and problems would be added or removed from sequence.

lol I could keep going on and on for days but my washing machine looks like it's coming to a stop..

i'll continue later on..

Cool, nice ideas

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
in 2000 years Humanity will probably be where it was 1000 years ago. All of this has happened and all of this will happen again. Yeah, i know it's cheesy but it's probably true. Look, we're just shitting on each other and the planet until another asteroid crashes into the planet. After that happens everything will burn. All life will be burned into memory. All except for a few single celled organism which will find solace near the center of the Earth. After the surface cools, these Single celled organisms will emerge and water will return. After water returns. The cycle of life and evolution will happen all over again. Five thousand years from now, i will be typing this same exact sentence on this same exact site. I will be doing so while waiting for history to repeat itself again because that's what life is...,repetition.

Consciousness was an accident. It was never meant to happen. In an attempt to correct this mistake, Nature gave us a chance, at least until our sun goes super nova. Unfortunately, history never changes. It only repeats itself. So, yeah, we're all screwed.

Please read the OP.

jinXed by JaNx
You didn't say anything about asteroids or natural disasters lol

If humanity were able to escape the next 2000 years without self made or natural disasters. I imagine that it would be much like our current world but far more advanced. I'm not even going to begin to fathom where humanities political or societal status would be because i'm assuming that this question is more about technology than anything. As long as the world isn't being strangled by a dictatorship then i'm sure the Jetsons is a fair assumption, minus the flying cars. Flying cars just can't work. It's to impractical. Travel, however would most likely be effortless. Humanity would probably be able to span the world within minutes. I'm sure there would also be colonies on the Moon or Mars. This questions is to hard to answer though. There are to many variables for me.

I don't think humanity will be any closer to a utopian society. The world will still be divided by, nations, countries and land. Technology will change everything though. I think it's a fair theory to believe, even now, that humans will not die of natural causes in the not to distant future. Cybernetics will also most likely be common. It's possible that humans in 2000 years will be superhuman by todays standards what with Genetic engineering and cybernetics.

Just imagine where the world would be today had we never experienced the dark ages.

mardook
2,000 years from now is such a long time. With the way that things have been progressing these past few years... my guess is that we'll either be extinct or evolved/devolved into new or multiple forms. The planet is overpopulated, I mean, the earth has probably never had to contend with so many conscience living beings actively or unwittingly destroying their lifeboat. So, it could go either way... imagine if we somehow were to have put away childish things and looked forward then we would likely have been colonizing our solar system by this time. That's not the case though so its possible we will destroy ourselves through war, man-made super diseases bourne out of pre-emptive genetic modification. Hell, look at kids today, they cannot eat a peanut without worrying about being killed by it. The other way we would change would be with the earth changing and our physiological systems adapting to the change. We may evolve or devolve in unique ways, maybe some people in different parts of the world will change. I know that mutations take millions of years but add genetic modification to that mix and you add a new factor into those variables. Some of us here probably never get much sun and stay attached to thess machines all day or night and thus, our children imitate what we do. Their future offspring's offspring will likely become brainy, pastey skinned, albino, salt vampires. (I'm kiddin!) The sexes will probably disappear at some point, humans will be as anatomically mute as mannequins. Mainstream media and this desire to be beautiful seems to emphasize the goal of looking like a plastic model. In that vanity scheme, sexes will mingle or blur until their is nothing. War will still rage because its a large part of the religious belief system to assimilate others into the fold. Governments will likely still exist, people have to feel important. Its kind of like today... you feel that fuzzy static in the air whenever you go outside. Tension, like the world will fall apart at any second. That feeling will never go away, even after 2,000 years. How's that?

CadoAngelus
This is assuming that:

1) Humanity is still around - highly likely

- russian and china are loose cannons, there's a chance this could happen given current circumstances

- highly unlikely...there's no such thing as AI, only VI. although i believe in "aliens" or other worldly beings...so alien overlords?

full_movies_43
Humans will become slaves of Robots.

doan_m
Clearly, the fish people emerge from Atlantis to put an end to all of us land dwellers.

CadoAngelus
you been watching too many aquaman programmes. aliens will come down and inter-breed with us, creating a super race...and we'll leave the planet in search of better water quality...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
you been watching too many aquaman programmes. aliens will come down and inter-breed with us, creating a super race...and we'll leave the planet in search of better water quality...

You do know that the likelihood of aliens having compatible DNA with humans is practically nonexistent, right? Aliens probably will not even be organic.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
You do know that the likelihood of aliens having compatible DNA with humans is practically nonexistent, right? Aliens probably will not even be organic.

how about, orgasmic? awwwwwwwww yeah cool

You're right, aliens'll probably not have compatible DNA to humans at all. Like dogs don't have compatible DNA to chickens...but i don't get why you think they won't be organic...

doan_m

You're right, aliens'll probably not have compatible DNA to humans at all. Like dogs don't have compatible DNA to chickens...but i don't get why you think they won't be organic...
Anything is possible when it comes to life outside in the galaxy. For all we care the first race of aliens we could encounter could breath sulphur hexafluoride and be comprised of Silicon and Iron(strange as it is).

CadoAngelus
oh yeah, i have no doubt that our first alien encounter will baffle science with how they're made up - i have no doubt about that whatsoever. but what defines when something is organic...

Endless Mike
Organic is when carbon compounds are the main molecule used for life functions

ChakraStrings
I highly doubt there will be an Earth in 2,000 years. Or at least, human civilization will be gone.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Organic is when carbon compounds are the main molecule used for life functions

thank you

sorry, lol, i've never actual tried to understand what organic meant. now i do

Mindship
It will be more different and unimaginable to us than our time would be to someone living 2000 years ago.

If we aren't extinct, space will figure heavily in that future. I don't see current forms of government or economy surviving; if nothing else, technology will bring us new realization and awareness about who we are. We will need to consider a Bigger Picture in how we organize ourselves.

I'd like to think we will become a more compassionate species.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Mindship
It will be more different and unimaginable to us than our time would be to someone living 2000 years ago.

If we aren't extinct, space will figure heavily in that future. I don't see current forms of government or economy surviving; if nothing else, technology will bring us new realization and awareness about who we are. We will need to consider a Bigger Picture in how we organize ourselves.

I'd like to think we will become a more compassionate species.

given the current social standing i hope so too.

i feel people are very ignorant, arrogent, have serious attitude problems, want more in return for what they give, steal, beg, don't expect to be blamed for what they do, are quick to blame everyone else...i'll stop now. i'm sure other people have found this out...and i hope in the future as we will never know it, this all changes.

Rapidash
This is assuming that:

Humanity is still around

Look at how things changed from the tenth century to the eighteenth, as well as how things changed from the eighteenth to the twentieth. Also from the 1980's to today.

The leaps humanity has made makes it impossible to predict where we are in another two thousand years.

The Nuul
Re: What will the future be like in 2 THOUSAND years?

Who cares....

mardook
One thing for certain is that we will all be one thousand, nine hundred and fifty years dead. As for humanity if it is still around, they will probably be pretty much like us today. Fighting over stuff... being nosey about things... making assumptions... makng bad movies about the Titanic. :P

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mardook
One thing for certain is that we will all be one thousand, nine hundred and fifty years dead. As for humanity if it is still around, they will probably be pretty much like us today. Fighting over stuff... being nosey about things... making assumptions... makng bad movies about the Titanic. :P Which one, the ship, or the interplanetary cruiser?

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Which one, the ship, or the interplanetary cruiser?

Dr Who reference?

Dr Mystery
Antique shops will be filled with Ikea tables and Scarface posters.

Lord Lucien
Dr Who reference? Dr what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.