The Ultimate Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDaniel1001
LOtF Luke and NJO Luke Vs. Galen Marek, Yoda, and Russan Bane
Setting: Geonosis

Hewhoknowsall
Um, no offense or anything, but how is this the "ultimate fight"?

Dunno much about Galen, team 1 might win.

DarthDaniel1001
Wouldn't you call a fight involving the 2 most powerful Jedi in history (one with 2 versions), I guy who brought down a Star Destroyer, and the Sith'ari a pretty epic fight?

Darth Subjekt
First off, has it been proved that Bane is the Sith'ari, or is that Nebaris bullshit?

In any case, Luke(s) mop up here. He's a beast in both incarnations here, and both Yoda and Starkiller failed to kill the Emperor, so I wouldn't either of them close to his level. Luke has fought a Palpatine much stronger than that of ROTS Sidious.

Luke FTW.

truejedi
he didn't bring down the star freaking destroyer. geez. I'm getting sick of repeating myself. he redirected one that was already falling. Gravity brought it down. He, in essence, shoved it sideways. Still impressive, but not nearly as so as you would like to pretend.

Darth Subjekt
Care to prove that? In the game they say, "Rip that star destroyer out of the sky!!" The ship was flying and still sending TIE's out of it.

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
First off, has it been proved that Bane is the Sith'ari, or is that Nebaris bullshit?

In any case, Luke(s) mop up here. He's a beast in both incarnations here, and both Yoda and Starkiller failed to kill the Emperor, so I wouldn't either of them close to his level. Luke has fought a Palpatine much stronger than that of ROTS Sidious.

Luke FTW.

Galen Marek would have killed the Emperor but he chose not to kill him because he would go back down the dark side if he did. As for Yoda, he and Sidious are even. Yoda did NOT lose, it was a draw.

Here's what I think:
Yoda can hold off LOtF Luke while Galen Marek and Bane (who IS the Sith'ari) gang up on NJO Luke. That fight could go either way, with the slight edge to Luke. If Luke wins, he helps his future self defeat Yoda. If he loses...then Yoda and friends gang up on Luke who, as good as he is, is probably not going to be beating those 3 by himself. Especially considering that Caedus really roughed him up.

mattatom
Care to prove that? In the game they say, "Rip that star destroyer out of the sky!!" The ship was flying and still sending TIE's out of it.
General Rahm Kota: What's going on out there, boy?
Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: One of the Star Destroyers is headed right for me. I've got to get out of here.
General Rahm Kota: You'll never get clear in time! You need to pull it into the cannon.
Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice: What? You're insane! It's massive!
General Rahm Kota: You're a Jedi, boy! Size means nothing to you. Reach out with the Force and grab that ship, or you will die on this trash heap!

This indicates that it was already falling he just changed the angle to a steeper one.

Darth Subjekt
That's an interesting analysis, but an incorrect one. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you've played the game. I'm also going to assume that you didn't pass that mission the first time. In doing so (rather, in not doing so) you'd notice that when you don't have a good grip on it, the nose lifts and turns to either side to sit stationary and release TIEs and possibly cannon bombardment. Now, that would not be the case if it was already falling.

Headed right for me doesn't mean that its falling. If so, you just move and you're out of harm's way. Headed right for me more likely means that it is being flown at him or to him. Just like if someone was trying to run you over with a car, you'd say, he's headed right for me.

Also, "Grab that ship" means just that. Grab it and pull it to you. How often do you "grab" something by just changing it's direction? You don't. If a frisbee is coming at you, you don't grab it and make it hit the ground. You block it with your hand and then it hits the ground.

I really don't see why that's hard to grasp.

mattatom
I understand perfectly where your coming from, those lines game from the game. Yes i have the game, Yes i did do it first try, since the only way you can die is via Tie Fighter iirc. He's just changing the direction it's heading using the Force. Your frisbee analogy doesn't work because a frisbee wouldn't crush you and it's easy to get out of the way of. If a jet was crash landing towards you and you couldn't get out of the way. (If you could) You'd use the Force to bring it down quicker/at an angle so that it crashes in front of you and doesn't reach you, you'd still have to grab it. I don't have the novel. Since there not making a film. Whatever the novel says is canon over the in game dialogue.

Darth Subjekt
It makes perfect sense and does work, because the SD is not crash landing. How many things can crash land and still pull up and to the left? None. And given the amount of time that he stands there trying to "rip that star destroyer out of the sky," there's plenty of time for him to just move. Google "force unleashed star destroyer" and everything that comes up talks about "killing" a SD and "ripping it out of the sky." NOTHING says that it's crash landing.

mattatom
So your basing canon on game mechanics? I'm just saying what the transcript from the game indicates and what a possible interpretation is. I would prefer if he DID rip it out the sky but the actualy gameplay for that bit made me drink... alot.

Darth Subjekt
Well... he did, so....

Red Nemesis
Anybody got a book quote?

truejedi
That's an interesting analysis, but an incorrect one. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you've played the game. I'm also going to assume that you didn't pass that mission the first time. In doing so (rather, in not doing so) you'd notice that when you don't have a good grip on it, the nose lifts and turns to either side to sit stationary and release TIEs and possibly cannon bombardment. Now, that would not be the case if it was already falling.

Headed right for me doesn't mean that its falling. If so, you just move and you're out of harm's way. Headed right for me more likely means that it is being flown at him or to him. Just like if someone was trying to run you over with a car, you'd say, he's headed right for me.

Also, "Grab that ship" means just that. Grab it and pull it to you. How often do you "grab" something by just changing it's direction? You don't. If a frisbee is coming at you, you don't grab it and make it hit the ground. You block it with your hand and then it hits the ground.

I really don't see why that's hard to grasp.

um.... actually, his analysis that you dismissed so casually was a quote. Pg. 235, TFU novel.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
um.... actually, his analysis that you dismissed so casually was a quote. Pg. 235, TFU novel. That was the actual novel quote? I'm suprised.Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Anybody got a book quote? I accidentally delivered it.

truejedi
It makes perfect sense and does work, because the SD is not crash landing. How many things can crash land and still pull up and to the left? None. And given the amount of time that he stands there trying to "rip that star destroyer out of the sky," there's plenty of time for him to just move. Google "force unleashed star destroyer" and everything that comes up talks about "killing" a SD and "ripping it out of the sky." NOTHING says that it's crash landing.

its is crashlanding:

Pg. 234"That Star Destroyer is coming down fast. You'll never get clear in time. You need to pull it into the cannon."

No question it was falling on its own. How much he affected its fall is the only thing that can be argued.

Red Nemesis
Was that from the book?

truejedi
where else would it be from? What other page 234?

mattatom
Those interested in SW:R Need to contribute ideas to the Maw as Gideon is taking a thinking sabattical at the moment.

Red Nemesis
No.

TJ, it was formatted strangely.

truejedi
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
No.

TJ, it was formatted strangely.

I 'poligize. big grin

Darth Subjekt
Well that goes against both game play and all reports of said game play before and after it's release.

Darth_Glentract
I like how with almost 200 threads views I was still the first person to vote in the poll.

Darth Subjekt
Well that's why you are who you are.

DarthDaniel1001
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I like how with almost 200 threads views I was still the first person to vote in the poll.

Thank you for voting! big grin

truejedi
Well that goes against both game play and all reports of said game play before and after it's release.

what you talked about sounded a lot like game mechanics though. I mean, its like the movies with the novels: It looked like you were doing this: but with a canon source stating you were doing this other thing The perception of what was happening would fall under the explanation of what is happening, wouldn't it?

Darth Subjekt
Not if the novel is based off the game. That would make the game like the movie and the novel of the game much like a novel of a movie. The game would be a higher form. Even in the first few teaser trailers of the game, it showed the SSD flying, then it would dip once... continue flying and then dip a couple more times before being pulled down into the ground in front of Starkiller.

xxxpoppunker182

Ya it was confirmed bane is the sith'ari

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
LOtF Luke and NJO Luke Vs. Galen Marek, Yoda, and Russan Bane
Setting: Geonosis hewhoknowsall defines the ultimate fight as revan fist fighting mandalore.

DarthDaniel1001
laughing laughing laughing

Man, that's a good one.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
hewhoknowsall defines the ultimate fight as revan fist fighting mandalore. Don't make fun, that fight clearly defined Revan as one of the most powerful Force-users ever. How, you ask? No idea, but it does, and anyone who doesn't agree will be subject to my victimized rants and will have statements they made 3 years ago brought up again to show that change is bad. Ergo, Revan>Obama.

DarthDaniel1001
Oh, I'm not making fun. And I agree, Revan is super-powerful, or are you being sarcastic?

truejedi
yes, he was.

Slash_KMC
Nah, Revan is the most powerful Force user ever.

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Nah, Revan is the most powerful Force user ever. exactly. what's with all the noobs who say hes a "unknown" whatever that means?

Slash_KMC
exactly. what's with all the noobs who say hes a "unknown" whatever that means?

Yeah, they're all just a bunch of movie era lovers and Revan haters. Like, what's up with this Sidious guy, he's so lame. I didn't know who Revan was until half the kotor game, while I knew who Sidious was from episode 1, so obvious.

mattatom
Nah, RevanBandon is the most powerful Force user ever. QFT

revan beat up bandon...

mattatom
revan beat up bandon... Nah it was an act.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Nah it was an act.

Keep saying that and people may believe it, other people than the ones who already do.

Btw, Bandon has an ugly face. You can't say the same about Revan.

mattatom
Keep saying that and people may believe it, other people than the ones who already do.

Btw, Bandon has an ugly face. You can't say the same about Revan. Thats because it's the truth, you mean other than you? Bandon was B-e-a-utiful! Revan doesn't have a face hes ugly :P

Slash_KMC
Thats because it's the truth, you mean other than you? Bandon was B-e-a-utiful! Revan doesn't have a face hes ugly :P

Revan, no face? He has like a dozen of faces. Take that Darth 'one-face' Bandon!

mattatom
He only has one CANON face and YOU NEVER SEE IT!

Slash_KMC
He only has one CANON face and YOU NEVER SEE IT!

Who says I haven't seen it yet...

By the way:

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/Darth_Revan_4783ac6f782dc.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://theforce.jaymach.com/images/BandonsArmour.JPG

mattatom
Who says I haven't seen it yet...

By the way:

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/Darth_Revan_4783ac6f782dc.jpg
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://theforce.jaymach.com/images/BandonsArmour.JPG
Fixed

Nah it was an act. oh.... that explains alot!

truejedi
Revan was a hot girl fools.

Who ran around in her underwear sometimes.... with her friend bastilla, and underage blue twilek chick, except she was a twilik, so she didn't have to be 18.

ah KOTOR, how i loathe the fact there was never 3 of thee.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by truejedi
ah KOTOR, how i loathe the fact there was never 3 of thee.

+1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.