Pick Your Superpowers!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
With the increasing threat of super villains, and rumors of Galactus getting some pay-back on Earth, Reed Richards has decided to expand his team into the Fantastic Five, and of course because you've all been good boys and girls, he has picked you as the latest recruit. He has built a machine that can grant you powers, and you get to choose which ones.

Power Pool

***** 5 Points *****

* Spider-man's Agility and Speed

* Wade Wilson's Skills and Coordination

* Bullseye's Skills and Accuracy

* Neo's Martial Arts skills

***** 10 Points *****

* Violet Parr's Invisibility

* Toad's Strength, Agility and Wallcrawl

* Wesley Gibson's Ability to increase Heart Rate and Adrenaline, and Superhuman accuracy

* Mystique's Shape Shifting Abilities

* Scorpion's live Spear

* Sub Zero's Cryokinesis

***** 20 Points *****

* Wolverine's Healing Factor

* Cyclops' Optic Blast (Excludes Origins)

* Venom's Strength

* Magneto's Levitation

* Markus' Ability to transform into a Lycan/Vampire Hybrid (Includes Healing factor, strength, flight etc)

* Pyro's Pyrokinesis

* Callisto's speed

* Tony Stark's Intellect

* Ability to Survive unaided in Space, (including re-entry etc)

***** 25 Points *****

* Nightcrawler's Teleportation + Spider-man's Spider-sense

* Kitty Pryde's Phasing ability

* Colossus' Transformation (includes Strength, durability etc)

* Palpatine's Force Lightning and Force Choke

* Human Torch's Pyrokinesis (Flight not included)

* Superman's Senses: Super-hearing and X-ray Vision

* Superman's Heat Vision

* Mr. Incredible's Strength

***** 50 Points *****

* Jean Grey's peak Telekinetic and Telepathic Abilities (Not DP)

* Dr Doom's Electrokinesis and Durability

* Neo's Flight and Durability

* Magneto's control over Magnetism

* Syndrome's Intellect and Zero-point Energy weapon.

* Adamantium Skeleton, with optional upgraded Adamantium Doc Ock tentacles.

* The Twins' ability to phase and regenerate completely (Matrix Reloaded)

* Storm's Weather Manipulation

* Dr Manhattan's ability to make Clones

* Silver Surfer's durability, and flight (no board required)

***** 200 Points *****

* Hulk's Strength and Durability, and Strength Amping with Rage.

* Green Lantern's Power Ring

* David Banner's "Absorbing Man" abilities

* Charles Xavier Telepathic abilities

* Lestat's Immortality, including Attribute Amping with Age

***** 250 Points *****

* Hancock's Strength, Durability and Juggernaut's Unstoppable Momentum

* Abilities of a Pusher, Mover, Bleeder, Sniffer, Reader, Shifter, Wiper, Shadows and Stitches (Push)

* Voldermort's Manipulation of Magic and Palpatine's Control of the Force

* Superman's speed

* Silver Surfer's Power Cosmic (no Board required)

* Dr Manhattan's Molecular Reconstitution (on self only)

- Powers are stackable.

- Highest showings are used for abilities.

Scenario I: 200 Points Available

Scenario II: 450 Points Available

Scenario III: Pick One Power From each Point Category

*** You don't necessarily have to reply to all of the scenarios, maybe the ones that interest you.***

There obviously isn't a "best" character, just pick which ever powers you would personally like, you don't necessarily have to try and make the most uber powerful character.

----------------------------------

Optional Scenario Nucking Futs: 600 Points Available

And just for fun, In Scenario NF, Do you think your character could beat every movie hero and villain at the same time (excludes Gods or similar characters).

KingD19
Scenario I:

* Nightcrawler's Teleportation + Spider-man's Spider-sense
* Colossus' Transformation (includes Strength, durability etc)
* Ability to Survive unaided in Space, (including re-entry etc)
* Adamantium Skeleton, with optional upgraded Adamantium Doc Ock tentacles.
* Magneto's control over Magnetism

(With Colossus/ Mr.Incredible's strength, I'd be up there with the big boys like Hulk/Supes/Hancock. My control over magnetism would give me control over my own metallic skeleton and transformed body, giving me the ability to turn my limbs into weapons, comlpletely liquify, give myself flight, etc...

My adamantium skeleton keeps my bones from breaking should I get injured because I'm not transformed, which is highly unlikely because I can teleport, and have the enhanced battle senses of Deadpool/Spidey.

Also, if there's a fight I can't win, I can teleport up as high as I can go, then fly us into space. I'm one bad man, and I shall be known as..... Infinitus(Corny I know, but I'm still a force to be reckoned with.)

Scenario II:

* Dr Manhattan's ability to make Clones
* Callisto's speed
* Magneto's Levitation
* Cyclops' Optic Blast (Excludes Origins)
* Bullseye's Skills and Accuracy

Hancock/Mr. Incredible strength=Unstoppable in a brawl
Hancock/SS Durability=Nearly, if not completely invulnerable to harm+Able to survive in space(Both Hancock/Surfer went through space, experienced re-entry)

Juggernaut Unstoppability= Combined with my strength and durability, plus my speed and flight, nothing is an obstacle
I can make clones with all the same powers I have, If I turned evil, the world would need to surrender immediately. Plus, I can be at multiple areas of disaster if we need more than 5 people.

By mixing Magneto's levitation, with Callisto's speed, I can fly at pretty high velocities(Rabbit Talisman/Rooster Talisman, thank you Jackie Chan Adventures)

With Cyke's optic blast, I can rain down destruction from above, and thanks to Deadpool and Bullseyes abilities, I can probably hit something the size of a human as long as I can see it.

Plus in a fight, if I'm with someboy who can hang in the strength/durability department, my speed, skills, clones, and optic blast make me nearly unbeatable in a donnybrook.

My name would be....1MA(1 Man Army)

Scenario III:

* Violet Parr's Invisibility
* Callisto's speed
* Hulk's Strength and Durability, and Strength Amping with Rage.
* Abilities of a Pusher, Mover, Bleeder, Sniffer, Reader, Shifter, Wiper, Shadows and Stitches (Push)(This is a 2nd option, which I might pick over the power cosmic if the powers from the comic are allowed. Phaser-Obvious, Porter-Obvious, Changer-Alter their physical appearance.)

With my invisibility and speed, I can infiltrate just about any place I want, plus my strength is off the charts, and should be 2nd to none. All these plus my combat speed and skill in a fight mean I will eventually win, and my durability is immense.

Both my strength and durability can be raised as a fight goes on, and if it goes beyond a bare knuckle brawl, I have the Power Cosmic at my disposal. I can also fly at mach speeds(And presumably enter space)

2nd option - I can create body tight force fields that can weather all but the most powerful blows, make you think whatever I want, kill/incapacitate you with a scream(And my eyes look cool).

Find you wherever you are, no matter the distance, heal any injury to myself or my allies, wipe your memories clean, vanish from any scanning ability(not that I would need to).

Make you believe in sensory illusions, teleport, phase through solid objects, and become anyone I choose(these are only if the prequel comic powers are allowed)

My name would be...Deva

Optional Scenario Nucking Futs:

* The Twins' ability to phase and regenerate completely (Matrix Reloaded)

I can fly at mach speeds, and the Power Cosmic is mine to do with as I wish, the possibilities for such applications are nearly limitless.

My body is durable enough to weather any assault, and should I come up against a foe who can beat me, I can simply wish to not be hit, and if by some miracle I do get injured, I can heal to 100% in moments.

My strength is immeasurable, along with my unstoppable momentum, means that nothing can stand in my way.

My name would be......Aeon/Eon (Either one will do)

dadudemon
Holy shit.

KingD19
Too much? cool

basy133
Originally posted by KingD19
Too much? cool
very much so

KingD19
Well he said pick powers, I just followed the thread. Besides, I rp in a lot of super hero esque rp sites, so....I have a pretty active imagination.

basy133
Well he said pick powers, I just followed the thread. Besides, I rp in a lot of super hero esque rp sites, so....I have a pretty active imagination.
that is good for you (not trying to be sarcastic)
I take it you've seen Inglorious Basterds

KingD19
Yes, an awesome movie that makes you really get to know the characters, then makes you mad because of that fact. But it makes you mad in a good way.

And thank you.

basy133
Yes, an awesome movie that makes you really get to know the characters, then makes you mad because of that fact. But it makes you mad in a good way.

And thank you.

Loved Hans Landa. He's up there with Anton Chigurh as one of my favorite villains ever

and your welcome smile

KingD19
Yeah, Hans Landa was a beast, it's like, no matter what you did, he would beat you....till the end anyway.

basy133
Yeah, Hans Landa was a beast, it's like, no matter what you did, he would beat you....till the end anyway.

the one question that has been plaguing my mind
Did Hans know Shoshanna's real identity when they met at the restaurant.The logical answer would be no, but after everything you see him do in the movie...

Placidity
lol

basy133
btw. sorry, I'm just way to tired to read and then answer this thread.I'll answer it in the morning

KingD19
How did you like my answer Placidity?

And I the chance that he knew who she was is slim to none. He never saw her face when he killed her family, although he might have thought her story odd(even though it was true). However, like you said, with everything he did in the movie, he might have known, and was just f*cking with her head.

Placidity
Anyway, I had a suspicion that this might be too much work. Just remember you can answer any scenario. And thanks to KingD for the reply.

I guess I should do mine too...

Scenario I: 200 Points

- Enhanced Agility, Strength and Wallcrawl (Toad) (10)
- Invisibility (10)
- Shapeshifting (10)
- Healing Factor (20)
- Phasing (25)
- Teleportation and Spider-Sense (25)
- Telekinesis and Telepathy (50)

Strengths: Untouchable, Stealth, Unstoppable Infiltration.

Weaknesses: No real strong offensive powers. A ranged blast attack would be nice.

Could take on... While its the "lower" power scenario, I think I've got quite a powerful guy here, definitely could take out an entire team like the X-men even with the F4 by himself.

I didn't really try to go for a powerful character, rather one that could be stealthy and virtually cannot be targeted if I didn't allow it. This character could have some really good applications in espionage or just plain ass kicking really (maybe he could carry firearms like comics Deadpool). Healing Factor is really a must I think unless you have some strong durability, which this guy doesn't. Didn't really have any offensive output so I picked Telekinesis/Telepathy, seemed pretty cheap for 50 points.

Scenario II: 450 Points

- Shapeshifting (10)
- Tony Stark's Intellect (20)
- Healing Factor (20)
- Charles Xavier's Telepathy (200)
- Immortality (200)

Strengths: Telepathy and Immortality? Nuff' Said

Weaknesses: In a fight against someone with telepathic resistance, this guy wouldn't last long at all. But the idea is you would be more of a scheming man, so likely you wouldn't find yourself in that situation.

Could take on... Well, a lot of people actually. I mean I kinda downplayed this guy as "not the strongest out there" and thats because theres lots of other powerful abilities out on the list, but Charles' telepathy is still an ass kicker. Pretty much beat anyone that is susceptible to his high end telepathy, which is most people actually.

I didn't want to create a fighter here. I made what I envisioned will be a really smart guy that just blends in with society but can have absolutely whatever he wants. I've always liked the immortality thing, I'm sure there are downsides about it, but I don't want to consider that. Could just sit back and enjoy yourself forever, or could be a silent crime fighter that no one even knows about. This is probably not for the person who likes to wield incredible (relatively =]) power.

Scenario III: One from each Category

- Bullseyes Skill and Coordination (5)
- Shapeshifting (10)
- Healing Factor (20)
- Teleportation and Spider-Sense (25)
- Surfer's Durability and Flight (50)
- Hulk's Strength (With Amp) and Durability (200)
- Superman's Speed

Strengths: Hulk's Strength + Superman's Speed (Think the Flash's Infinite Mass Punch), Highly Durable. Overall, one of the strongest bricks ever.

Weaknesses: Susceptible to Telepathy

Could take on... The likes of Superman, well he's not as strong, but he has Hulk and Surfer's durability backed with a healing factor and teleportation, he could last long enough to allow his rage to amp his strength level.

No real ideas when I were picking these. However, I definitely wanted to have the ability to explore space. And the last two are a great combination, I mean having Hulk's strength AND being able to punch someone at Superman's speed would be lights out for them. I've always held Speed as a critical attribute (hence why I gave it a 250 point allocation), I mean if you have all these great powers but can't react anywhere near close to the speed of your enemy, then its kinda useless.
Anyway, Even put this guy among the comics powerhouses like Superman and Thor and he'll be more than a match easily.

Scenario Nucking Futs: 600 Points

- Healing Factor (20)
- Callisto's Speed (20)
- Jean Grey's Telepathy and Telekinesis (50)
- Surfer's Durability and Flight (50)
- Green Lantern's Power Ring (200)
- Surfer's Power Cosmic (250)

Ok the idea was to create someone who could totally screw the movieverse over (save the Gods etc). I don't think I quite accomplished that, but hell it would be close and only a few would be a problem for this guy.

Healing factor, as I said earlier is always a must, and creates a fantastic synergy with durability powers. I mean if you are already highly durable and somehow you get damaged, you could heal back straight away, so thats why I love HF, even though at first it seems like a low level power for 20 points.

Callisto's speed I picked for a good reason, and that's because I couldn't afford's Superman's speed for 250, but still wanted to have someone fast. Remember I said that the powers are stackable? This would stack with Surfer's Flight speed as well as Power Ring's granted flight speed. Both of these guys already transverse the universe swimmingly, so the resultant speed of all them could probably exceed Superman's. Maybe.

Jean's Telepathy and Telekinesis, I also picked for a reason. At this level, her telekinesis probably won't do jack to high end characters, but the important point was to give her telepathic resistance (which even normal Jean had lots of). Sucks to have lots of power but then getting beat by some bald guy in a wheelchair.

Durability would be incredible - Silver Surfer's plus Green Lantern's shields which are very strong let me tell you. Also, Healing Factor will heal them back up quickly if you get hurt, which I don't think is happening anyway.

Strength, I'll admit is a bit lacking here. I mean Comics Surfer is at least class 100 tons at base levels and could further amp to indeterminate levels but movie Surfer didn't really demonstrate that. Anyhow, Lantern's strength amping is decent.

The real strength comes from manipulation of energy, and Silver Surfer and Green Lantern are THE biggest guns in that department. Plus the Power Cosmic can do so much more...

Strengths: I think I covered it.

Weaknesses: Almost none, except for Magic... (You know what, just had an idea, a character with a good strong solid foundation backed with Voldermort's magic. I'll leave RJ to that smile)

Could take on... I think could take on anyone, but all of them at once with team work? Hard to say, I'm leaning towards no, but I haven't really given it much thought.

How did you like my answer Placidity?

Ha I enjoyed it, I think we were thinking along the same lines for the last scenario. You went for the powerhouse approach I think for the other ones, while I just went for what I liked personally. You know when I wrote Hancock's Strength and Jugg's Momentum in the list I was thinking it would a kickass must-pick ability, but I ended up skipping it lol. I'm not really the raw-power smash your face in kind of guy.

Oh and I know its not a competition, but I think my Nucking Futs guy can take yours KingD laughing , mainly due to mind rape. Otherwise, yours is stronger, but mines faster.

KingD19
Yeah, the mind games might work, but would you be able to utilize it properly while my guy was throwing everything he's got at you? Plus I'm not completely sure on how the twins ability works, but he could potentially heal himself no matter what the damage, Although both our guys could potentially fight forever, my durability and HF and your HF and Durability.

Darth Martin
Scenario I: Power Ring
Scenario II: Power Ring, Cloning, Stark's Intellect, Neo's MA skills, SM agility & speed.
Scenario III: Neo MA skills, Stark's Intellect, Force Abilities, Phase/Regeneration, Power Ring, Power Cosmic

Btw aren't power cosmic and the power ring the same thing? I haven't seen the First Flight film yet so I can only comment on my comic knowledge.

basy133
what are the scenarios?

KingD19
Sc 1: 200 points
Sc 2: 450 points
Sc 3: 1 power from each category
Sc NF : 600 points

basy133
Scenario 1- Bullseye's Skills and Accuracy,* Neo's Martial Arts skills,Wesley Gibson's Ability to increase Heart Rate and Adrenaline, and Superhuman accuracy,Mystique's Shape Shifting Abilities, Wolverine's Healing Factor. The Twins' ability to phase and regenerate completely (Matrix Reloaded), Jean Grey's peak Telekinetic and Telepathic Abilities (Not DP)

Scenario 2- Green Lantern's Power Ring, Abilities of a Pusher, Mover, Bleeder, Sniffer, Reader, Shifter, Wiper, Shadows and Stitches (Push)

Scenario 3-
Bullseye's Skills and Accuracy
Wesley Gibson's Ability to increase Heart Rate and Adrenaline, and Superhuman accuracy
Wolverine's Healing Factor
Palpatine's Force Lightning and Force Choke
The Twins' ability to phase and regenerate completely (Matrix Reloaded)
Green Lantern's Power Ring
Abilities of a Pusher, Mover, Bleeder, Sniffer, Reader, Shifter, Wiper, Shadows and Stitches (Push)

did I do this right?

KingD19
Yeah.

basy133
alrighty
cool cool

KingD19
Your guys would lose to my guys. alucard roll eyes (sarcastic)

basy133
Your guys would lose to my guys. alucard roll eyes (sarcastic)
i believe u..or so u think wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.