Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths (Next DC Animated Movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-

Symmetric Chaos
They're being invaded by . . . Dan Dreiberg?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They're being invaded by . . . Dan Dreiberg?

wrong owl. stick out tongue

xJLxKing
I was expecting it to be Crisis on Infinite Earth

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I was expecting it to be Crisis on Infinite Earth

Same here...

BruceSkywalker
I just may buy this

chomperx9
manhunter looks cooler in the justice league animated series. that version of the justice league was drawn the best

Badabing
Found a trailer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=10528

chomperx9
damn Kevin Conroy isnt doing the voice of batman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Found a trailer.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=10528

wow. not what i was expecting at all, and yet i'm looking forward to it. love the animation style... it's like a less blocky jlu...

Prof. Wagstaff
james woods. that is all.

xJLxKing
It seems like they are replacing Anti-Monitor with Owlman and changing the story around.

Prof. Wagstaff
it's not crisis on infinite earths...

Scythe
A friend and I went to a casting call many months ago for voice actors that they had in North Hollywood. I was auditioning for Batman and my friend went in for Supes. They told me they liked my voice, but I sounded a bit too young to be Batman, but then I didn't know which version of Batman they were gonna use. My friend didn't get the part either, and there was so much talent at that voice casting audition. Well, seems like they've chosen Billy Baldwin to be Batman, good job...

Darth Martin
Where's Daly, Conroy, and Brown?

Digi
So what, Owl Man is behind the plot to kill the multiverse?! Owl Man.

no expression

I'll watch it anyway. But really.

roughrider
There's taking off on the JLA graphic novel Earth-2 - by Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely - where the alternate Luthor from the negative matter universe comes to recruit the JLA to help his world.
This is no original story by Dwayne(Armbar)McDuffie. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi

no expression

owlman played by james woods.

WhoopeeDee
I'm wondering if Kevin will be doing the voice for Earth 2 Batman.

Badabing

no expression

I'll watch it anyway. But really. Owlman is that universe's Batman. It's not that much of stretch in that perspective. Originally posted by -Pr-
owlman played by james woods. Win. thumb up

Galan007

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
it seems like this movie might be loosely based on an older episode of the "justice league" animated series? the episode which featured an offshoot version of the JLA - the 'justice lords':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Lords

it seems to follow the same general concept, no? srug

wouldn't surprise me.

mark harmon sounds awesome as superman, imo.

roughrider
it seems like this movie might be loosely based on an older episode of the "justice league" animated series? the episode which featured an offshoot version of the JLA - the 'justice lords':

It more closely takes off from 'JLA: Earth 2' by Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA:_Earth_2

Allankles

no expression

laughing out loud I know, that's what I was thinking but the end of the trailer convinced me a little. He seems to have a certain logic to him that makes it plausible.

Scythe
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
I'm wondering if Kevin will be doing the voice for Earth 2 Batman.

He's not.

WhoopeeDee
Booooo!!

-Pr-
http://bluray.ign.com/dor/objects/32285/justice-league-crisis-on-two-earths/videos/jl_2earths_trl_111009.html

in the words of ronnie raymond... b*tchin.

chomperx9
the characters on the cover look like crap

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9268/7097frontsmall.jpg

JakeTheBank
Looks cool. I'm eager to see what the Spectre short is all about, too.

kevdude
Yeah just saw that as well. Def gonna buy it now for The Spectre. DC just needs to keep pushing out others then just the same old.

super pr*xy
owlman vs batman should be epic.

edit: website posted release date is 02-23-2010.

-Pr-
^ yep. blockbuster will have the dvd in on the 23rd too here in Canada.

looking forward to it.

WickedDynamite
Is it me or does The Spectre looks like Hal Jordan?!

Robtard
Originally posted by Scythe
He's not.

Lame, Kevin Conroy is the best Batman voice.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Robtard
Lame, Kevin Conroy is the best Batman voice. i agree

Omega Vision
The last part of that trailer: "Because its the only action with any meaning" gave me chills. I am so 100% on board for this movie even if it isn't a DCAU movie.

Yes and they in turn were based on the original Crime Syndicate.
Its based on many comics but to me it looks to be a cross between COIE and JLA Earth 2 more than anything.

The Nuul
This is pretty good, cant stand Supes voice though....its horrible

The Nuul
Actually most of the voices are bad.

Story is too short.

The Nuul
Even though Owlman vs Batman was too short, its the best fight.

xJLxKing
Nuul, you watched it?

The Nuul
Yes.

The Nuul
What I cant stand is the shortness of the comic animated movies. Like most of the non comic films are around , 92 - 98 minutes but the comic animated movie are around 72 - 81 minutes. IMO they are way too short, they picked out a part of the bigger story and used that. Ultimate Avengers actually made good usage of the story and action. That Batman Gotham Knight is good also. The new comic animated films are way too short on plot and too much on action. Imagine what they will do to the SCW? they will butcher that great story by only using a small part of it with most of the film with action.

These type are films are getting worst as time goes on.

They are also way over priced for a short animated movie.

The Nuul
The ending is Batman could have thrown the fight or got his ass kicked in by Owlman but mannnnn he fcked over Owlman. It was awesome!

Galan007
First off, I couldn't stand the voice of Batman. Superman's voice wasn't very good either, but it was a lot more tolerable than Batman's imo. And Owlman voiced by James Woods? Really?
srsly

Anyhow, bad character voices were a small price to pay. The movie itself was quite enjoyable overall (plus it was nice to finally see Firestorm involved with one of these things, even though he didn't do much)... I would definitely recommend it.

The Nuul
This is better than Public Enemies. But the voices suck.

chomperx9
voices were HORRIBLE especially bats

we can make it together we can do this ? i paused the movie 1st thing after hearing that i was like no way that has to be the lex from another dimension or we got one crappy writer

chomperx9
why does static shock look like john stewart ?

-Pr-
Originally posted by chomperx9

we can make it together we can do this ? i paused the movie 1st thing after hearing that i was like no way that has to be the lex from another dimension or we got one crappy writer

it was.

why does static shock look like john stewart ?

static shock was in the movie?

the movie itself, i have to say i really enjoyed it. sure the voices weren't what i'd imagined, but tbh, if any of us have gotten used to the conroys and the newburns from JLU and beyond, it's going to be hard to listen to anyone else play those roles. i thought the guys that did their roles did so competently, and for the most part, i really enjoyed the movie (with some action sequences being pretty sweet, like the fight between the "reserves" and the made men).

also, i'm pretty sure i saw a captain marvel cameo. anyone else catch it?

The Nuul
I didnt see him, Black Lightning comes in with Firestorm and its not Static.

And YES BL is black just like John, thats how hes supposed to be.

facepalm

The Nuul

Did you even watched the movie or even know what the plot/story is about?

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
I didnt see him, Black Lightning comes in with Firestorm and its not Static.

And YES BL is black just like John, thats how hes supposed to be.

facepalm wasnt just talking about the skin color. his face looks like john stewart from the justice league animated series. in the comics black lightning doesnt look exactly like john stewart as well

chomperx9
Did you even watched the movie or even know what the plot/story is about? if you read what i said i paused it 1st thing after hearing lex say that then posted that on here. and yes i know thats luthor from another universe and in that universe hes a good guy and leader of the justice league but he was the last one left. and yes i watched the whole thing.

Don Corleone
Enjoyed it. It felt like sometimes Bats voice sounded like Lex, and vise versa. Owlman was badass in this.

JakeTheBank
Is this out yet?

The Nuul
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Is this out yet?

Yes...

jinXed by JaNx
What I cant stand is the shortness of the comic animated movies. Like most of the non comic films are around , 92 - 98 minutes but the comic animated movie are around 72 - 81 minutes.
These type are films are getting worst as time goes on.

They are also way over priced for a short animated movie.

I agree, the films definitely seem to short when you consider the mediocrity of the animation. I understand that these movies can't be too long because a profit needs to be made but better animation and writing could be put into them. Choosing no name voice actors could save quite a bit of money too. If the length of the movie compromises the writing then just make a series. My biggest complaint is still the animation and for, Marvel, my complaint is their desire to focus primarily on the youth demographic.

This movie definitely had it's problems. The biggest problem i found, other than the voice acting was the story. The story wasn't bad and it was very well paced, leaving much time for action but i think they would have been better suited telling the infinite crises story and breaking it up into a couple movies.

It was very nice to see a feature length movie that isn't a goddamn origin story. As good as those can be, i'm really sick of all the damn origin stories. This may not be the strongest DC animated venture but i don't think it was a failure. The action was great and the story was passable. The voice acting, however was just horribly miscast. I think this one is on par with, Public enemies though. OF the recent animated movies, Gotham Knight and Green Lanter; first flight are probably better.

xJLxKing
I watched the movie this morning. Like many before have said, the voice of Batman and Superman are atrocious. Though, after 40 minutes or so passed, the voice of Superman did bother me as much. I hated batman's throughout the movie.

I liked the actions, it was there throughout the movie. Though, the last fight was kind of disappointing. The story was very nice, but like someone here said, it very similar to the JLU episode.

I loved how they explaining the Multiverse theory. Very interesting

Starscream M
Worst voices ever.

Batman was horrible.

Luthor wasn't luthor.

ugh....voice acting MAKES the characters.

vansonbee
Only dislike, was Batman voice. sad

Omega Vision
James Woods was good.

Denny Crane
Were those Shazam triplets?

HueyFreeman
First off, I couldn't stand the voice of Batman. Superman's voice wasn't very good either, but it was a lot more tolerable than Batman's imo. And Owlman voiced by James Woods? Really?
srsly

Anyhow, bad character voices were a small price to pay. The movie itself was quite enjoyable overall (plus it was nice to finally see Firestorm involved with one of these things, even though he didn't do much)... I would definitely recommend it. I didn't like Bats voice but that one-liner he gave to owl-man almost made up for it. Almost.

The Nuul
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I agree, the films definitely seem to short when you consider the mediocrity of the animation. I understand that these movies can't be too long because a profit needs to be made but better animation and writing could be put into them. Choosing no name voice actors could save quite a bit of money too. If the length of the movie compromises the writing then just make a series. My biggest complaint is still the animation and for, Marvel, my complaint is their desire to focus primarily on the youth demographic.

This movie definitely had it's problems. The biggest problem i found, other than the voice acting was the story. The story wasn't bad and it was very well paced, leaving much time for action but i think they would have been better suited telling the infinite crises story and breaking it up into a couple movies.

It was very nice to see a feature length movie that isn't a goddamn origin story. As good as those can be, i'm really sick of all the damn origin stories. This may not be the strongest DC animated venture but i don't think it was a failure. The action was great and the story was passable. The voice acting, however was just horribly miscast. I think this one is on par with, Public enemies though. OF the recent animated movies, Gotham Knight and Green Lanter; first flight are probably better.

Correct, if they are going to do plots that are based off of a big stories then the animated films should be broken up into 1-3 parts. And they can still keep them at around 75-96 minutes each.

HueyFreeman
Anybody notice how WW was the only person that no matter who she fought she kicked the shit out of them with little to no problem except for maybe one exception.

vansonbee
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Anybody notice how WW was the only person that no matter who she fought she kicked the shit out of them with little to no problem except for maybe one exception. Question is, who were these evil villains suppose to be? You know, the good version, but who? laughing out loud

She didn't fight someone tough as boss of bosses. rolling on floor laughing

JakeTheBank
It was cool to see an alternate reality version of Slade as the President

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by vansonbee
Question is, who were these evil villains suppose to be? You know, the good version, but who? laughing out loud

She didn't fight someone tough as boss of bosses. rolling on floor laughing ] Even so compare his fight with superwoman to WW. I personally think they downplayed Superman to give everyone else shine time . Thats rare

Dreampanther
I kinda liked it - but so far I still think the Hulk vs Thor film is my favourite. Definitely the best fight scene EVER in Hulk vs Thor - I got SO MUCH respect for Thor after that!

I'm kind of a Mark Harmon fan - have watched all the NCIS episodes - so I kept on waiting for Supes to say, "Ya think, DeNozzo?"

Would have been real cool if they got him to say, "Ya think, Batman?"

;-)

Badabing
The Made Men seemed a lot like evil versions of the Marvel Family: Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Uncle Marvel.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
The Made Men seemed a lot like evil versions of the Marvel Family: Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Uncle Marvel.

I think they were primarily based off of them, myself. Nice to see them (sorta) get more showings in animated media.

KingD19
^ Yeah, especially when Super Woman was like, light up the sky, and they called down the lightning. The uniforms even resembled the Marvel families.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think they were primarily based off of them, myself. Nice to see them (sorta) get more showings in animated media. Marvel is one of my favorites.Originally posted by KingD19
^ Yeah, especially when Super Woman was like, light up the sky, and they called down the lightning. The uniforms even resembled the Marvel families. Yeah, the sash clinched it regarding their uniforms.

Wolverine2006
Wow, so basically in h2h Owlman>Batman. Must be because of the strength in Owlman's suit plus Owlman is trained to kill, and Batman is trained to fight.

-Pr-
For all the people who didn't like the animation, i'm curious: What style would you have preferred?

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
For all the people who didn't like the animation, i'm curious: What style would you have preferred? regular JLU style

Allankles
Watched it last week, better than I expected. It was better than Public Enemies, Luthor/Supes and Grodd/Batman fights almost ruined that film.

Overall good movie with some inconsistencies (WW having problems with Owlman, I know he wears a powersuit but c'mon). I didn't mind the voices, Conroy is miles better than the guy who did Bats, but he did a decent enough job.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
regular JLU style

...why?

ankur29
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Wow, so basically in h2h Owlman>Batman. Must be because of the strength in Owlman's suit plus Owlman is trained to kill, and Batman is trained to fight.

BM had a broken rib

Great to see the marvel in DCAU, when will they do kingdom come

what was lex saying that the made men were 'almost' as powerful as superwoman ...pfft yh right

maybe captain super was weaeker than her due to power sharing

all in all good film

8/10

Scythe
Originally posted by -Pr-
For all the people who didn't like the animation, i'm curious: What style would you have preferred?

I liked the animation quite abit.

WickedDynamite
Better than Planet Hulk thumb up

And what is this bitchin about Batman's voice? Dude, any of you had to put up with Olan Soule voice back in the old cartoon would praise this Batman's voice!

Fair cartoon would change a few things...but who am I to complain?

Starscream M
Originally posted by WickedDynamite

And what is this bitchin about Batman's voice? Dude, any of you had to put up with Olan Soule voice back in the old cartoon would praise this Batman's voice!

Blasphemy!

Kevin Conroy IS batman.

I'd rather batman have no dialogue than be voiced by anyone else. It feels like a fraud when someone else voices him.

Omega Vision
Kevin Conroy will never be equaled when it comes to Batman's voice. If only they could super-impose his voice over Bale's. Actually I'm sure they could but Christy would probably object to his glorious "SWEAR TO ME!" getting axed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tron

You're close.

This was actually based off of the movie that was suppose to come between Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Most of the original screenplay is still in there (the invisible jet, rebuilding the watchtower, new League recruits, etc.). That's my one gripe with the whole thing. I just wish they would've done the movie they had planned to, instead.

majid86
Loved this movie and James Woods as Owlman was great

StiltmanFTW
Decent movie. Loved how Bruce defeated Superwoman and his fight with Owlman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.