Wonder Woman vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Let's get this out of the way once and for all, in the 90's an Access comic came out that showed Wonder Woman put Juggernaut down with one punch. How many of you agree with that outcome? Who would really win?

KingD19
Juggernaut, he can't be put down physically, it just doesn't happen. She'd have to BFR him, but no matter how many times she punched him, he wouldn't get hurt. Now he can more than likely put her down with a punch.

Placidity
Juggernaut of course.

But you know what, I know Juggernaut has a very high level of invulnerability, above most high heralds, but how strong is he exactly?

KingD19
His strength has no real cap, he's basically as strong as he needs to be to fight someone. For example, he's always stronger than a calm Savage Hulk, but he fought and was winning against WWH. Which shows that either his strength is just so high that he can fight evenly or win against anybody whose not a herald or higher, or his strength adjusts itself to higher levels for tougher opponents.

Placidity
I'm assuming Lasso wouldn't do jack cause the gem is also magical in nature right?

Stoic
Should the Lasso be able to do more than "Jack" if Mjolnir can't?

Placidity
^ Um, its different IMO. Unlike Mjolnir, the lasso wouldn't be used for direct damage, rather to bind Juggernaut together and maybe make him compliant to WW.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Stoic
Let's get this out of the way once and for all, in the 90's an Access comic came out that showed Wonder Woman put Juggernaut down with one punch. How many of you agree with that outcome? Who would really win? i cried when i read that book that was just totally BS.

but then they put storm taking out WW in another crossover.

but i think juggenraut would win

KingD19
Yep, and even if it did, he's back to classic levels, which means he can just turn on that lovely force field and say what are you doing with that piece of rope?? I mean, if the God Blast did almost nothing, what would a lasso do?

Basically imagine this is Wonder Woman, and the dog is Juggs....

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/familyguy/images/3/3b/Twinki_the_kid.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Let's get this out of the way once and for all, in the 90's an Access comic came out that showed Wonder Woman put Juggernaut down with one punch. How many of you agree with that outcome? Who would really win?

I don't agree. She can't put Juggs down. But I say she wins due to BFR.

occultdestroyer
It's impossible for Juggernaut to tag Wonder Woman.
He simply is TOO SLOW.

Wonder Woman would win in the end via BFR.

KingD19
Juggs has thunder claps and seismic stomps.

-Pr-
She's faster and maybe stronger, but he's far too durable. if she can bfr, she can win...

KingD19
She's not stronger, but she's fast and can fly.

Prep-Man
The Lasso has been used to BFR demons and whatnot. She can take this, but only through BFR.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
She's not stronger, but she's fast and can fly.

if it's classic juggernaut, i think she's stronger.

KingD19
Well current Juggernaut who is at classic levels fought and was winning against WWH.

Mshinu
Wondy gets tied up with her own lasso

Blanket
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
It's impossible for Juggernaut to tag Wonder Woman.
He simply is TOO SLOW.

Wonder Woman would win in the end via BFR. Because that's the way WW fights.

Juggernaut bites her hands off.

Warlord
Jugernaut

manx422
WW

-Pr-
Well current Juggernaut who is at classic levels fought and was winning against WWH.

juggernaut wasn't the only person who was able to (at least temporarily) match hulk, so i don't think that's saying much...

manx422
WW beats shit out of jggnt

KingD19
It is saying much since when they locked up, Juggs was pushing WWH back, and Hulk admitted that he was winning. Nobody else really hung with him except Sentry.

-Pr-
It is saying much since when they locked up, Juggs was pushing WWH back, and Hulk admitted that he was winning. Nobody else really hung with him except Sentry.

Juggs was only pushing because of his mystical ability to be unstoppable. That doesn't translate in to strength unless Wonder Woman tries to do what hulk did.

gogogadgetgo
in the end, wonderwoman

wonder woman wont be able to do a damn thing to juggernaut but juggernaut would have a very very very hard time to even tag her once. he gets bored, walks away and bfr himself

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by -Pr-
She's faster and maybe stronger, but he's far too durable. if she can bfr, she can win...

Agreed.

Battlehammer
I dont think it likely she uses bfr for any sort of majority, so I am giving Juggernaut the majority due to his vast durability.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I dont think it likely she uses bfr for any sort of majority why not? she'll realize quickly that she can't physically harm juggernaut and then she'll just lasso him and throw him to space

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
why not? she'll realize quickly that she can't physically harm juggernaut and then she'll just lasso him and throw him to space
I just dont see her trying it. CIS is still in effect, her attempting it is unlikely for a majority anyways, when she hardly ever uses such a strategy.

Starscream M
I just dont see her trying it. CIS is still in effect, her attempting it is unlikely for a majority anyways, when she hardly ever uses such a strategy. I agree it won't be her initial tactic. but don't you think she'll quickly realize that punching juggernaut won't do jack...and switch her strategy.

WW is pretty smart.

DarkOdin
I just dont see her trying it. CIS is still in effect, her attempting it is unlikely for a majority anyways, when she hardly ever uses such a strategy.

Agreed plus If juggs has his forcfield up she is not going to get the lasso around him.

-Pr-

CIS isn't on if the character isn't bound by it, and Diana isn't. If they hit any sort of populated area, she'd try to remove him from battle any way possible...

Battlehammer
I agree it won't be her initial tactic. but don't you think she'll quickly realize that punching juggernaut won't do jack...and switch her strategy.

WW is pretty smart.
No i dont think she will, she faced similar characters in the past and did not try and BFR them. She not going to realize he can take everything she has. as another poster allready stated he posses a force field.

Battlehammer
CIS isn't on if the character isn't bound by it, and Diana isn't. If they hit any sort of populated area, she'd try to remove him from battle any way possible...
cis is always on. I dont get what you mean. it within her character to try and scrap with him. Not BFR him.

there in a featureless enviorment.......there no people to get in the way......

-Pr-
cis is always on. I dont get what you mean. it within her character to try and scrap with him. Not BFR him.

there in a featureless enviorment.......there no people to get in the way......

The OP never stated that it was a featureless environment.

CIS is NOT always on. we actually clarified it in the rules.

it is within her character to trade blows with him AT FIRST. She's more than capable of coming up with something else when that doesn't work.

Starscream M
No i dont think she will, she faced similar characters in the past and did not try and BFR them. who has she faced that was completely invincible?

Battlehammer
The OP never stated that it was a featureless environment.

CIS is NOT always on. we actually clarified it in the rules.

it is within her character to trade blows with him AT FIRST. She's more than capable of coming up with something else when that doesn't work.
Never stated it was a city either. I also thought the defualt setting is a featureless enviorment........

really were does it say that. The rules as I was always told were that cis is on unless stated other wises.

She could but would she even be standing by then? I have my doubts.

-Pr-
Never stated it was a city either. I also thought the defualt setting is a featureless enviorment........

really were does it say that. The rules as I was always told were that cis is on unless stated other wises.

She could but would she even be standing by then? I have my doubts.

with nothing set, you can use whatever environment you want. even in a featureless environment, though, she'd still try to bfr him eventually.

here:

Originally posted by Raoul
Clarification of CIS

Ok people, here are the finalised rules as regards PIS, CIS, and everything related to it.

PIS is, as always, off unless the thread starter says it's ON.

CIS, as was said before, is now a more diverse term, but is not as vague as before.

While CIS still exists in the form of characters like Rhino (who are just too stupid to know better), it also exists in one other form.

This is known as Character Inhibited Power. This applies to characters that have intelligence, like the Silver Surfer, Superman, and so on and so forth.

As Bada said:

"It's a self imposed limitation in certain circumstances which there is concern for civilians and buildings for the most part. It's not stupidity, it's a limitation set until the threat exceeds a certain threshold."

What this means is that people like the Surfer and Superman and so on will not use the full extent of their powers if it will endanger civilians. It doesn't, though, mean they will fight like idiots. The character's personality is an integral part of the match and dictates how they will perform. This is the crux of the rules we've come up with. It doesn't come down to powers, it comes down to the man or woman that weilds them.

In accordance with this, several factors come in to play in debates:

The Opponent, Basic Information, the Arena and the Character's Personality and Experience

Those four are key.

Example:

If Martian Manhunter fights say, Juggernaut.

MM doesn't personally know Juggernaut (Opponent). So he has Basic Information. This is categorised as being what the general public would know about the Juggernaut. It goes by averages. If that average man or woman on the street knows that Juggernaut is super strong, then MM knows. The average man or woman doesn't know, however, that the Juggernaut is weak against psionics. J'onn would approach with caution, not knowing whether Juggernaut was in his weight class, and not knowing the full extent of the man's powers.

However. If Martian Manhunter went up against Amazo, he would know to go for broke right at the start, because he KNOWS Amazo (Personality and Experience). He will use his speed, his strength, his shapeshifting. This is because if he knows what it takes to bring down Amazo, or he believes his standard attacks won't work. If J'onn was fighting Juggernaut, there would come a point when he would realise that normal attacks won't work, and would up his game. Any character that doesn't suffer from Rhino-esque stupidity is capable of this. Even with this, though, the Arena comes in to play. If civilians are in danger, J'onn won't shapeshift in to a fire breathing dragon. Juggernaut on the other hand doesn't care, so wouldn't hesitate to toss cars and trucks full of civilians at the Martian.

Examples:

Thor knows he can't out-brawl Hulk, so uses exotic powers sooner than he would against the likes of Superman, as Superman is an unknown to him.

Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out. He won't bathe the street in heat vision either, because there are civilians nearby.

It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET.

you assume he's even going to hit her more than a couple of times, and she's more than capable of taking a few shots from cain.

Battlehammer
Thanks to be honest I should not even be debating this. I dont read much DC and my knowledge on WW full extent of each of her abilities and personality is limited. I not even sure why I am in this thread I normally refrain from debating character I dont have a great deal of info on. I was bored, but I will be removing my self from the debate do to my lack of knowledge.

Konton
I agree it won't be her initial tactic. but don't you think she'll quickly realize that punching juggernaut won't do jack...and switch her strategy.

WW is pretty smart.

With the Eyes of Pallas she should be able to see his power source and immediately know what to do with him, right? Or am I reaching?

stick out tongue

KingD19
His power source is a mystical demon of extraordinary power, what's she gonna do if she finds out what it is? As long as he's angry, he's powerful, too powerful for her to stop.

Konton
His power source is a mystical demon of extraordinary power, what's she gonna do if she finds out what it is? As long as he's angry, he's powerful, too powerful for her to stop.

And her power source is the gods. I don't know if the lasso would put him down, but I'm more inclined to believe it would.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.