Dead Space

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://movies.ign.com/articles/100/1007637p1.html

The Sci-Fi horror game Dead Space will be moved to the big screen showing more Necromorph dismemberment to movie viewers.

Director will be D.J. Caruso, the guy who directed Disturbia and Eagle Eye.

NemeBro
His two most recent films had Shia Lebouf as the lead role.

I would ROFLCOPTER is this did.

Kazenji
No doubt the story will get tampered.

KingD19
Of course it'll get tampered with, Isaac will be talking, but since we won't see his face(we shouldn't anyway), it wouldn't matter who played him.

AverageSavage
they already made this move..oh wait, that was Event Horizon

Robtard
Originally posted by AverageSavage
they already made this move..oh wait, that was Event Horizon

Yeah, somewhat similar. Except I don't think it was implied that the Ishimura when through hell and came back.

MildPossession
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, doesn't excite me in the slightest if he is directing.

Do like the sound of the game though.

Robtard
Originally posted by MildPossession
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, doesn't excite me in the slightest if he is directing.

Do like the sound of the game though.

Is a decent game; they got the eerie factor down well, with the dim and flickering lighting, gore and sounds effects.

darthmaul1
The game was a blast, but to make a movie about it ?? i didn't really mind doom, but i just don't think games transpose well onto the big screen.

Ladyluck
Cool game, I hope they don't completely butcher it. ermm

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://movies.ign.com/articles/100/1007637p1.html

The Sci-Fi horror game Dead Space will be moved to the big screen showing more Necromorph dismemberment to movie viewers.

Director will be D.J. Caruso, the guy who directed Disturbia and Eagle Eye.

good game, but this will be crap

Impediment
The game was very good, but it was just too short, in my opinion.

Dead Space: Downfall (the animated film) was good, but not very memorable.

If a live action film is made, then it needs to be with the like of Carpenter's The Thing, Event Horizon, and Aliens.

If not, then it will be massive fail.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Impediment
The game was very good, but it was just too short, in my opinion.

Dead Space: Downfall (the animated film) was good, but not very memorable.

If a live action film is made, then it needs to be with the like of Carpenter's The Thing, Event Horizon, and Aliens.

I love all of those movies droolio

It would be so awesome if it was up to par with those.

NemeBro
Terra's hot.

Impediment
Ladyluck is hotter. ninja

Ladyluck
I agree with both of those statements. w00t

stick out tongue

NemeBro
Ladyluck is hotter. ninja Prove this nao.

Impediment
Originally posted by NemeBro
Prove this nao.

"tis no need to. LL's hotness goes without question. albert

Nemesis X
Dead Space better not follow the same path as the Doom movie. No plot needs changing, no characters need changing and most of all, no origin of the monsters need changing. I always hate it when these things get tampered with because of those idiots thinking it's best to make changes every once in awhile.

If they follow everything correctly from the game, this movie has a chance to please Dead Space fans and if it doesn't, may they die from a horrific dismemberment Isaac-style.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, somewhat similar. Except I don't think it was implied that the Ishimura when through hell and came back.

You mean, gave the singularity sentience after going to the chaos dimension, right?

I saw that animate film. The animation was very low quality. However, good story. Shitty dialogue. Still, good story.

I really enjoyed the plasma chainsaw blade thingies. I want one of those.

If this movie can improve the dialogue away from the movie, this could be a really good film. They don't even have toe change the film all that much.

And, yes, it reeks VERY much of Even Horizon or the Reevers from Serenity. Still, it would make for a VERY good film. The "Creatures", done properly, could be quite scary.

I look forward to this film.

Robtard
DDM,

It's been over a decade since I've seen Event Horizon, but I thought it was heavily implied that when the Event Horizon bent space and vanished for those years, it went to hell and brought back a piece of hell or a part of its essence.

-Pr-
DDM,

It's been over a decade since I've seen Event Horizon, but I thought it was heavily implied that when the Event Horizon bent space and vanished for those years, it went to hell and brought back a piece of hell or a part of its essence.

iirc, it was some sort of other dimension that closely resembled hell. for all intents and purposes, it might as well have been, i guess...

Kazenji
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16087

"We've tried to crack the story a few different ways,"

Ummm theres only one way for the story not like the game has alternate timelines and why are they trying tie in a prequel storyline

http://a.imageshack.us/img576/9186/facepalmi.gif

K.Diddy
no expression Great,Another dud movie based on a Videogame

dadudemon
DDM,

Sorry I did not respond sooner as I did not see this.

It was referred to as a dimension of "pure chaos" and referred to as "chaos" 2 or 3 times, later.

And, I was referring to that black "drive" sphere thingie as the black hole as it is the thing that creates the black holes for "wormhole" travel.

The dimension they 'burped' in and out of carried back with it some sort of sentience in the black sphere blob thingy and it was compelling people to go back to the chaos dimension. That, OR the "sentience" was doing it's thing THROUGH that hyperdrive blob thingie.

I don't remember it ever being referred to as hell and, based on the film, I don't see why hell is even fitting.

I saw the movie 12 years ago, one time...so forgive me for not remembering more of dialogue specifics. I don't have it on DVD, else I could just watch it again.

We are talking about this film due to the similarities between this insanity causing sentience having a very nice parallel to the insanity causing sentience in Dead Space. The divergence is the mutations (morphing) versus mutilations. (Alliteration and a rhyme, WEEE!)

Patient_Leech
I know nothing of the games. Not much of a gamer. But I had a friend tell me about it, so I watched the two animated movies. The first one was deliciously gory and pretty good. Not terribly original, mind you, but fun none-the-less. The second one was okay. I had mixed feelings about the animation. It was less inspired. But yeah...

Yeah, that would be good inspiration for it. Let's hope for lots of creepy practical effects and some good character drama. I just watched Carpenter's The Thing and old though the effects were, they still gave me the heebie-jeebies.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16087

"We've tried to crack the story a few different ways,"

Ummm theres only one way for the story not like the game has alternate timelines and why are they trying tie in a prequel storyline

http://a.imageshack.us/img576/9186/facepalmi.gif

Because they know that as long as they make any crap movie and slap deadspace on the cover then people will come see it

Sadako of Girth
The crew called it hell when they send in latin "save yourself from hell"

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The crew called it hell when they send in latin "save yourself from hell"

You're talking about Event Horizon, not Dead Space, yes? It's been years since I saw Event Horizon..

Sadako of Girth
Yeah man. Its still an effective movie for the most part.

steverules_2
I loved that film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.