Jack Kirby Estate Goes After Marvel and Studios

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=8704

willRules
Marvel will be ok, they'll go straight to their new Godfather....Mickey Mouse....

WhoopeeDee
I side with the Kirbys on this one. A big F.U for Marvel Comics. This feels rather biblical to me.

Disney/Marvel are the new Sodom and Gomorrah. I'm just awaiting for the All Mighty Jack Kirby to strike them down.

Kneel to King Kirby you fools!

Alpha Centauri
Let's hope they drain Kirby dry of all his money to the point that his descendants buy food with milk tokens.

-AC

-Pr-
f*ck them. bloody leeches. your dad was a comic book god, you weren't. so f*ck off.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
f*ck them. bloody leeches. your dad was a comic book god, you weren't. so f*ck off.

Channeling some of that Siegels hate, eh ? stick out tongue

Darth Jello
You do realize that marvel can just put really shitty writers and artists on all affected books until they are worthless, wait for sales to plummet after 2014, and then offer the Kirby family a fairly low price to buy the copyright back?

Darth Vicious
Damn leeches. They probably want some of that Disney/Marvel merger profit. Why not go after the New Gods over at DC also?

Alpha Centauri
Damn those Kirbys.

Bunch of fat blobs looking to suck up all the profits.

...like Kirby.

-AC

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by Darth Jello
You do realize that marvel can just put really shitty writers

Marvel did that already.They hired Jeph Loeb to write the Hulk and POW! 13 year fanboys bought the comics.

Kris Blaze
Hiring shitty writers seems to increase their sales.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Marvel did that already.They hired Jeph Loeb to write the Hulk and POW! 13 year fanboys bought the comics.
Hahahah

By the way people, the lawyer is the same one that was in the case for Superman laughing out loud that guy must be getting filty rich laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Nice, a big thanks to the Siegels for drawing the leeches out of the wood works.

willRules
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
I side with the Kirbys on this one. A big F.U for Marvel Comics. This feels rather biblical to me.

Disney/Marvel are the new Sodom and Gomorrah. I'm just awaiting for the All Mighty Jack Kirby to strike them down.

Kneel to King Kirby you fools!

Yeah, cos this thing never happens to DC, a.k.a Warner Brother's Biatches, right?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah, cos this thing never happens to DC, a.k.a Warner Brother's Biatches, right?

He knows he's being hypocritical. He's just stirring, it's what he does.

"Marvel/Disney are the new Sodom and Gommorah.". I mean, really? Who says that kind of thing seriously?

I've come to realise he doesn't even dislike Hulk. The truth is, he still buys the comics, he just likes to whine. If he didn't buy them, he'd not have any reason to continue mentioning Hulk in every thread.

Just gotta let it slide, as I now realise. Now that I figured it all out anyway.

-AC

theICONiac
Wait 'til Steve 'Uber-Recluse-Weirdo' Ditko goes after his chunk of Marvel's biggest property, Spiderman...

The Nuul
Again its kids leeching off of their Fathers work to get billions, God forbid them doing real work.

Badabing
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
He knows he's being hypocritical. He's just stirring, it's what he does.

"Marvel/Disney are the new Sodom and Gommorah.". I mean, really? Who says that kind of thing seriously?

I've come to realise he doesn't even dislike Hulk. The truth is, he still buys the comics, he just likes to whine. If he didn't buy them, he'd not have any reason to continue mentioning Hulk in every thread.

Just gotta let it slide, as I now realise. Now that I figured it all out anyway.

-AC You must have missed my Thor/Marvel rant a few days ago. haermm2

Kazenji
Also does'nt Stan Lee have a say on this thing since he to co-created some of those characters with Kirby?

-Pr-

WhoopeeDee
As far as I know Stan Lee got his money and is very set for life. Kirby got the crumbs...read Kirby King of Comics. So again a big FU to Marvel.

Alpha Centauri
Kirby obviously didn't feel hard done by enough to stay gone, did he?

He came back after he left Marvel.

There's a lesson to be learned there; leave that which you end up disliking. The great Kirby didn't stick around at Marvel to whine about how he was getting treated.

Even so, the beefs he allegedly had were nothing to do with money, but misplaced credit. I find this odd, considering he's pretty much as revered as Stan Lee. More so, maybe.

He signed over many of his rights to Marvel, so he wasn't living on the breadline financially.

-AC

manjaro
i guess they figured there was enuff of that 4 bil to go around... still, u gotta "marvel" at the timely coincidence of the suit tho

Kazenji
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/09/confirmed-jack-kirbys-heirs-want-a-piece-of-spider-man/

willRules
Originally posted by manjaro
i guess they figured there was enuff of that 4 bil to go around... still, u gotta "marvel" at the "timely" coincidence of the suit tho

Fixed for optimum pun enjoyment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.