The Fourth Kind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilAngel
Just got back from the cinema after seeing the movie Gamer. Before which a commercial was shown that really interested me. The movie it was about is called The Fourth Kind

vVRHOhLP-aA

Thoughts? =)

Robtard
Fire In The Sky (1993), reminds me of.

BruceSkywalker
this looks like total shiite

MildPossession
I like the look of it, be interesting to see what Milla Jovovic is like in this sort of role.

NemeBro

EvilAngel
Comes out Friday happy

Really can't wait to see this now. It's just too bad it didn't make it for Halloween.

Still i hope they keep it as eerie as it was when you first saw the trailers in the cinema, not try to go ahead and lay it on thick, i think that would ruin it.

Bicnarok
Oh really looking forward to this, Milla is the best looking actress on the planet imo.

The owls appearing really interests me, when you consider all the owl symbolism there is and Bohemian Grovesmile

Trackz
good movie, i'm not sure whether their recordings were real or not, i keep finding different sources saying different things.

The Nuul
This looks good, I love Milla Jovovich.

steverules_2
Looks kinda cool...

Darth Jello
Oh dude. Don't bother. This movie was awful.

you will not see any aliens. the whole story is fabricated. and it's just a cliche blair witch thriller. Also it just seems short, pointless, and in dire need of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. There were people leaving my theater 30 minutes into it.

Robtard
Thanks for that, I was on the fence; leaning towards a no, now I'm sure not to. Saved me $10.50.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Thanks for that, I was on the fence; leaning towards a no, now I'm sure not to. Saved me $10.50. ...It costs you $10.50 to go to the theater? no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
...It costs you $10.50 to go to the theater? no expression

Yes, that is the average price of an adult ticket, here.

What does your bi-ass pay?

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Oh dude. Don't bother. This movie was awful.

you will not see any aliens. the whole story is fabricated. and it's just a cliche blair witch thriller. Also it just seems short, pointless, and in dire need of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. There were people leaving my theater 30 minutes into it.

I disagree. I thought it was really quite good.

Just got back from seeing it.

It's truly very eerie. Few people left during the film where we went too, personally i think they bottled out of it, because the film comes on as being very real. Allot of the footage, and the sound clips are also pretty freaky.

* * * (potential) Spoiler alert! * * *

You won't see any aliens, which i am very very thankful for, i think it would have ruined the whole thing. As the films plays on your sense of fear of the supernatural*. You never directly see or hear anything that is 'proof' but again i think that would be largely beside the point of what they were trying to do here.

*So if Aliens just don't scare you, or interest you, don't waste your money this will be a waste.

The story revolves around the doctor Abigail Tyler. Who is interviewing people for a sleep disorder. She's a recently widowed single mom to two kids, a son and a baby girl. How the husband died is surrounded by a mystery, the case remains unsolved.

She interviews this guy using hypnosis to make him recall a particular night. However as you can guess he flips out. Turns out the next day he's killed him family including himself apparently in order to prevent what happened to him happening to them.

Anyway i won't tell you the inns and outs but the movie gets weirder from there onward. In my opinion what is actually happening makes less and less sense unless you consider aliens.

At the end of the movie Milla Jovovich appears on screen and tells us that it's up to us to make up our minds about the film. Then the credits come up, during which there are phone calls being played of people reporting UFO's and the like.

Ultimately it was a good film, and it freaked the hell out of allot of people. When we left some girls were crying (I lol'd happy ), some guys were saying it was crap, when as fate would have it they sat in from of us and they were pissing themselves during the movie. Others did seems rather bored. So very mixed reactions. I suppose it would depend on what it takes to unnerve you.

I'd give this film a...... 4/5. It's story wasn't the best, in fact it was somewhat weak, but it's the first film to be released in years that i can actually call a true blue hair raiser.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by EvilAngel
I disagree. I thought it was really quite good.

Just got back from seeing it.

It's truly very eerie. Few people left during the film where we went too, personally i think they bottled out of it, because the film comes on as being very real. Allot of the footage, and the sound clips are also pretty freaky.

* * * (potential) Spoiler alert! * * *

You won't see any aliens, which i am very very thankful for, i think it would have ruined the whole thing. As the films plays on your sense of fear of the supernatural*. You never directly see or hear anything that is 'proof' but again i think that would be largely beside the point of what they were trying to do here.

*So if Aliens just don't scare you, or interest you, don't waste your money this will be a waste.

The story revolves around the doctor Abigail Tyler. Who is interviewing people for a sleep disorder. She's a recently widowed single mom to two kids, a son and a baby girl. How the husband died is surrounded by a mystery, the case remains unsolved.

She interviews this guy using hypnosis to make him recall a particular night. However as you can guess he flips out. Turns out the next day he's killed him family including himself apparently in order to prevent what happened to him happening to them.

Anyway i won't tell you the inns and outs but the movie gets weirder from there onward. In my opinion what is actually happening makes less and less sense unless you consider aliens.

At the end of the movie Milla Jovovich appears on screen and tells us that it's up to us to make up our minds about the film. Then the credits come up, during which there are phone calls being played of people reporting UFO's and the like.

Ultimately it was a good film, and it freaked the hell out of allot of people. When we left some girls were crying (I lol'd happy ), some guys were saying it was crap, when as fate would have it they sat in from of us and they were pissing themselves during the movie. Others did seems rather bored. So very mixed reactions. I suppose it would depend on what it takes to unnerve you.

I'd give this film a...... 4/5. It's story wasn't the best, in fact it was somewhat weak, but it's the first film to be released in years that i can actually call a true blue hair raiser.

I think they were bored and figured out that all the footage was Holywood and a total farce. Half the theater was laughing, chatting, and texting about 15 minutes in.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think they were bored and figured out that all the footage was Holywood and a total farce. Half the theater was laughing, chatting, and texting about 15 minutes in.

So it's Blair Witch with an alien twist.

annahazard
Originally posted by Robtard
So it's Blair Witch with an alien twist.

Thats ALL i needed to here. didnt like blair witch and hate movies that deal with aliens (with the exception of Signs).

thanx!

CattyWhompis
I saw it

I thought it was pretty cool
made me think a lot afterwards.

Bicnarok
Saw it last night, excellent and unusual movie which made me jump a few times.

Any more news on the validity of the story?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Bicnarok

I agree, i was quite fulfilled after seeing the movie and i must admit that i felt genuinely creeped out by the end of the film. I was captivated from beginning to end. This movie, like Case 39 took me by great surprise. I highly recommend this movie to all fans of Alien sci-fi flicks. Feels like another, Fire in the Sky.

I'm talking about me bum here but i believe most of the story was fabricated. I'm willing to bet that the only things that are true about the movie is that there was a psychologist whom studied patients with severe sleep disorders and that there are countless disappearances along with the FBI constantly being interested. However, The disappearances would seem to justify why the FBI would be there. This is enough conjecture though. smile

xJLxKing
Is it at least scary? Paranormal Scary?

shawn_michael
I have seen the fouth kind movie online. The movie is moves around an orphan who wants to make his own identity. The director has very well directed this common concept which looks something different from other movies.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by shawn_michael
I have seen the fouth kind movie online. The movie is moves around an orphan who wants to make his own identity. The director has very well directed this common concept which looks something different from other movies.

What're you talking about? confused

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Bicnarok

IDK, I did some research online after watching the movie and couldnt find anything to prove it actually happened.

K-Dog
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I agree, i was quite fulfilled after seeing the movie and i must admit that i felt genuinely creeped out by the end of the film. I was captivated from beginning to end. This movie, like Case 39 took me by great surprise. I highly recommend this movie to all fans of Alien sci-fi flicks. Feels like another, Fire in the Sky.

I'm talking about me bum here but i believe most of the story was fabricated. I'm willing to bet that the only things that are true about the movie is that there was a psychologist whom studied patients with severe sleep disorders and that there are countless disappearances along with the FBI constantly being interested. However, The disappearances would seem to justify why the FBI would be there. This is enough conjecture though. smile

It did raise some hairs on my neck during the movie, but it fizzled out at the end. If you notice during the credits, NONE of the real life people cooperated in the making of the movie at all (except probably the crazy main character lady). The "real" videos always fuzz-up when anything good is supposed to happen. I suppose the aliens are using electro-magnetic energies to do it, lol.

Menetnashté
That's because none of them exist K-dog. It's completely made up, anything online, like articles about the psychiatrist came out when the trailers did. Only true thing is that there are disappearances in that area.

felixstyras
The movie has a lot of good tense moments with good acting but kind of start to fail with some ideas in the middle of the story, there are some flaws that make it less credible but still scary. There are some details like the photography and direction that are great and paired with the cast and good story makes the film an enjoyable scary ride.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.