Prince Nuada (Hellboy II) vs Legolas (Lord of the Rings)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
After falling to Hellboy, Nuada is resurrected by Sauron and placed in Middle Earth. Sauron realizes that Legolas is a legitimate threat to the goblin armies, and he belives that Nuada can match his skill.

Seeing that humans are being attacked, Nuada instantly agrees..and makes a deal with Sauron. Nuada takes the field and notices Legolas' skill with a bow and arrow.

Which Elf will win this battle? Nuada has his sword/spear. Legolas has his bow and arrows, and a sword.

marwash22
Nuada.

Rogue Jedi
Hell yeah, the albino pwns.

Robtard
Legolas (with bow) didn't miss once in the film, iirc. Even when firing several arrows at the same time. Bow wins this.

If it goes blade to blades, not entirely sure, but it'd be epic. I'd probably bet on Legolas, as he fought more opponents.

marwash22
Legolas never missed while fighting big, slow-moving, non-agile buffoons. His skill with a bow is impressive, but it's not like he's on par with Wanted characters.

Kaibs
You're joking? you remember when Legolas slid down stairs on a shield WHILE firing arrow after arrow? Not to mention he shot one arrow took it out of the orc's head fired again in less than a half second or something. Legolas not only can see way farther and more accurate than anyone, he also was by far the fastest. Easily wins I'd say. And he should get his twin blades, not just one, as in the movies he had his twin blades.

marwash22
gotta be honest, LOTR bored the crap outta me, you're probably right.

Kaibs
Lol fair enough. I liked all three quite well, but that was just me.

NemeBro
Legolas plugs an arrow immediately, Nuada cannot win if this starts at range.

In melee, Nuada would win fairly handily IMO. I cannot remember many times Legolas even used his swords.

KingD19
When Legolas did use his blades several times throughout each film, he showed far more skill than Hellboy. He's a fair match for Nuada in melee, especially considering his speed and his long knives(if he gets both), and he'd probably do what the others said and kill him from range starting out.

Kaibs
Originally posted by KingD19
When Legolas did use his blades several times throughout each film, he showed far more skill than Hellboy. He's a fair match for Nuada in melee, especially considering his speed and his long knives(if he gets both), and he'd probably do what the others said and kill him from range starting out.

Precisely. He used his blades quite often in The Two Towers, and Return of the King. In Fellowship he used them I think once or twice.

Lestov16
Nauda was able to make precise slices through raindrops. Legolas has no chance at all

Kaibs
Yet he lost to a slower Hellboy? Hmm I don't think so.

marwash22
Originally posted by Kaibs
Yet he lost to a slower Hellboy? Hmm I don't think so. err, to be fair, he was givin' Hellboy the business until his sister knifed herself.

the ninjak
Nuada showed bullet-time waterdrop slicing feats.
He cuts the arrows out of the air until Legolas runs out of arrows.
When the elf resorts to blades he dies quickly.

Pwned
Dont forget that shot in TT, where the warg riders were just crossing the ridge, he fits an arrow and just lets loose, and it hits it square in the chest, a spot where you cant be hit and live long.

Also, he can run on snow, and his bow has some magical crap, its from Galadriel, remember? She said he wouldnt miss.

Not really relevant, but in the books he shot down a Nazgul with one shot, when it was over a mile in he air, at night, in the dark, when he had no warning, and no aiming.

Legolas wins imo.

KingD19
I'm confused as to how Hellboy can keep up with Nuada with one sword and obviously inferior training.

Yet Legolas, the fastest and most skilled fighter in the Rings with his twi long knives loses.

Rogue Jedi
Nuada's spear is a badass weapon.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm confused as to how Hellboy can keep up with Nuada with one sword and obviously inferior training.

Yet Legolas, the fastest and most skilled fighter in the Rings with his twi long knives loses.

Because we got to see Nuada's creamy-white abdominal muscles and there are clearly poofs in this thread.

Any further questions?

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Because we got to see Nuada's creamy-white abdominal muscles and there are clearly poofs in this thread.

Any further questions?

Not really no.

Rogue Jedi
Nuada having a spear that can go from 3 feet long to 6 feet long surely is an advantage.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Nuada having a spear that can go from 3 feet long to 6 feet long surely is an advantage.

Nuada is a bad-ass and that weapon is lethal, no on said to the contrary.

But it won't be an advantage when he's got an arrow in his head. Legolas' Bow has greater range than 6 feet.

KingD19
True, but to someone like Legolas, who easily has good enough reflexes to fight him, it won't really do anything but give him extra range, and once Legolas gets up close, it's over.

Kaibs
I don't get where people are trying to come off saying Legolas was slow or some shit. In The Return Of The King, he was on like 75 kills while Gimli was on like 25-30. Legolas was agile enough to climb the elephant kill it, still avoid getting shot at and or slashed at jumped off it, slid down and still killed other orcs while doing so. And the only time Legolas "missed" was when they first encountered Gandalf in the forest, and they mistook him for Sauron. Even then he didn't miss he just got his arrow canceled out by Gandalf.

diresphinx
Cool I LOVE this debate topic! To me, Legolas is helluva sissy. He only uses bows and arrows as far as I know. Nuada can do melee skilfully. I think Hellboy won by fluke, probably the elf didn't sleep enough and it was tough to fight on moving objects. Nuada should win!!

laughing love

Utrigita
Legolas wins if they begin at range.

I'm however more inclined to say prince Nuada in CQC.

siriuswriter
Legolas wins this - Nuada has no long distance weapon.

Plus two swords against Nuada's knife/spear... in "Golden Army" nobody has these kind of weapons to fight against him. Johann's got air, Blue has... basically nothing.

Nuada has Matrix- eaque moviesas he does a series of somersaults and flips crouching tiger hidden dragon- style onto the gear system.
Hellboy has no weapon and still dodges the spear. How Hellboy wins : comes up from behind Nuada and steals his weapon. blah blah blah, "please kill me," Nuada brings out knife and advances on Hellboy, Hellboy turns and Nuada pauses, Nuala has stabbed herself.

So even if Nuala hadn't stabbed herself, Helllboy + team have noticed the knife.

After seeing the battle,....

Legolas not only wins, he PWNS. His reflexes are much quicker, weapons are superior. he himself is faster and more accurate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.