Shuler Donner Wants X4 and The New Mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

-Pr-
sad

Darth Jello
As long as they have a good script, a good score using the original music (unlike X3), and a legal injunction against Brett Rattner, that's fine. I want them to do the Magneto movie though. I hope it focuses on him being a fugitive from justice living under the assumed Erik Lensherr identity while hunting Nazis prior to meeting Xavier.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Jello
As long as they have a good script, a good score using the original music (unlike X3), and a legal injunction against Brett Rattner, that's fine. I want them to do the Magneto movie though. I hope it focuses on him being a fugitive from justice living under the assumed Erik Lensherr identity while hunting Nazis prior to meeting Xavier.

agreed

-Pr-
i can see them paying insane money to berry and jackman to get them back, and give them all the screen time they want. t'would suck, imo.

rox
they need to do a sequel/reboot like they did the incredible hulk where the sequel was lossely based off the first one but still a reboot because the story was basically retconned.

-Pr-
Originally posted by rox
they need to do a sequel/reboot like they did the incredible hulk where the sequel was lossely based off the first one but still a reboot because the story was basically retconned.

thumb up

Darth Jello
Based on the tie-in comics that are supposed to be fairly cannon, Xavier doesn't meet Magneto until 1992 and the have their falling out shortly after the construction of Cerebro and after Xavier recruits Jean and Beast.

Here's my idea for the movie (taking much of it from the comic in question)-

The first half should deal with Max Eisenhardt in the camps and his killing several SS officers and letting the man who killed his parents (I believe his name was Hans Von Schenk in the comics) take the blame. He escapes during a revolt and reunites with his childhood love, Magda. They're married, the incident with Anya happens and he's forced to take on the Erik Lensherr identity to escape prosecution for the massacre he commits. He then goes into work for two decades as an agent of a secret agency pursuing Nazi war criminals including a mutant who experimented on inmates-a British defector named Nathan Essex whom the other inmates called Nosferatu or Sinister because of his vampire-like complexion and who used magneto's powers for experiments bonding metal to bone. He leaves the service in disgust after his commanding officer- a young William Striker, uses him to capture Essex and then negotiates immunity for him in exchange for his research on mutant prisoners and the process of bonding metal to bone.

The second half would cover everything in the comic involving Erik becoming friends with Xavier, the beginnings of the X-Men and him searching for Von Schenk, finally battling Sinister and coping with the fact that he was obsessed with capturing people who committed atrocities when he himself killed an entire village. His mutant supremacy evolves from a rationalization of his own actions. Sinister should be the one to cripple Xavier in the final battle of the film.

Casting ideas:

Ian McClellan-Erik Lensherr
Patrick Stewart-Charles Xavier
Jamie Bell- Young Erik Lensherr/Max Eisenhardt
Zooey Deschanell-Magda
Danny Huston-William Stryker
Sean Penn-Sinister
Christopher Lloyd- Von Schenk
Haley Ramm-Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.