What if Anakin Decided Not to Kill Mace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
What if when Windu decided to kill Palpatine, Anakin only blocked his lightsaber with his own, but not deciding to fight him (unlike the ROTS video game, where he did fight him).

Do you think Palpatine would try to kill Mace while he and Anakin argue? Would Anakin have turned to the Dark Side? Would 2 plus 2 equal fish?

Mandrag Ganon
Probably, Probably, Absolutely.

... wait... Isn't that how it happened in the movie?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Probably, Probably, Absolutely.

... wait... Isn't that how it happened in the movie?

No, Anakin chopped Mace's arm off.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
What if when Windu decided to kill Palpatine, Anakin only blocked his lightsaber with his own, but not deciding to fight him (unlike the ROTS video game, where he did fight him).

Do you think Palpatine would try to kill Mace while he and Anakin argue? Would Anakin have turned to the Dark Side? Would 2 plus 2 equal fish? And what if Watto burst in to confess to Anakin that he was his father?

KingD19
If Anakin hadn't killed Mace, they would have taken Sidious down, put him on trial, and Vader never would have been born. Well maybe, but later on down the road.

mattatom
Anakin.
Didn't.
Kill.
Mace.
Anakin disarmed him!!!PalpatineBandon killed him!

KingD19
Actually yes, Anakin did kill him. Because Anakin cut off his arm, Mace was too unfocused to block the Force Lightning that knocked him out of the window. It was Anakins fault that Mace got killed, so he killed him.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by KingD19
Actually yes, Anakin did kill him. Because Anakin cut off his arm, Mace was too unfocused to block the Force Lightning that knocked him out of the window. It was Anakins fault that Mace got killed, so he killed him. Guns don't kill people, uh-uh. I kill people. With guns.

Seriously though, Anakin didn't commit the act of killing, nor did he commit the act that directly led to the killing of Mace. Anakin simply enabled Palpatine to do the killing via disarming Mace. It's like, I could use my car to knock yours' off the road... but it's the AC-130 gunship, whose crosshairs I (didn't really mean to) knock you in to, that blew you up.

REXXXX
Anakin was still responsible for Windu's fate. It was that act of striking out in hatred and rescuing Palpatine that resulted in his final step into the Dark Side. Palpatine may have actually killed Windu, but he couldn't have if Anakin hadn't helped.

Lord Lucien
Bingo.

Wolverine2179
Probably the republic wouldn't have collapsed but as to what really happens we can only speculate.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Guns don't kill people, uh-uh. I kill people. With guns.

Seriously though, Anakin didn't commit the act of killing, nor did he commit the act that directly led to the killing of Mace. Anakin simply enabled Palpatine to do the killing via disarming Mace. It's like, I could use my car to knock yours' off the road... but it's the AC-130 gunship, whose crosshairs I (didn't really mean to) knock you in to, that blew you up. Oh Lucien that was epic.

Darth Truculent
I think what the kid's question is, would Anakin let Mace kill Sidious after he counterattacked.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Guns don't kill people, uh-uh. I kill people. With guns.

You got that from a YouTube video.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
You got that from a YouTube video. Well done, sir.

REXXXX
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I think what the kid's question is, would Anakin let Mace kill Sidious after he counterattacked.

I still don't think so. It was too late for Anakin.

Darth Truculent
But here's a different scenario - what if Mace kicked him in the temple and knocked him out - how would Anakin react? Sidious/Palpatine would have been captured.

Darth Subjekt
He would have been fine with that. His whole point was that Mace was breaking the Jedi Code by killing him and that he must stand trial. If he didn't truly believe that, he wouldn't have turned him in in the the first place to Mace. Well, dimed him out anyways.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
He would have been fine with that. His whole point was that Mace was breaking the Jedi Code by killing him and that he must stand trial. If he didn't truly believe that, he wouldn't have turned him in in the the first place to Mace. Well, dimed him out anyways.

The irony of Mace not convincing Anakin that Sidious needed to die, WITH THE EXACT SAME WORDS that sidious convinced Dooku needed to die is one of my favorite moments in the entire PT.

Lord Lucien
Well to be fair, Palpatine only tried to convince Anakin after he had killed Dooku. I'm just gonna say that it didn't work.

REXXXX
I also believe Anakin felt somewhat guilty about simply murdering a defenseless Dooku.

mattatom
Originally posted by REXXXX
I also believe Anakin felt somewhat guilty about simply murdering a defenseless Dooku. Hayden managed to show the emotions for that bit quite well i'd say.

Darth Truculent
Here's another question - what if Anakin stood by and let Mace kill Sidious?

Hewhoknowsall
Then Sidious would die, his reign would end, the OT would never happen, and Anakin would be consumed with greif that he wouldn't be able to prevent Padme's death, which either means that Padme doesn't die or he does something that unintentionally makes Padme die.

Everyone is happy.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Hayden managed to show the emotions for that bit quite well i'd say.

Yes, looking constipated shows off a lot of emotion.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Yes, looking constipated shows off a lot of emotion. Well you pull it off most the time, jeez Slash stop flaming me now and again, kai?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Well you pull it off most the time, jeez Slash stop flaming me now and again, kai?

Nevaaaa!!

Okay, I will stop starting now.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Nevaaaa!!

Okay, I will stop starting now. All the time Slash. Apart from when your riding the FauNuts. No you will stop now, you wont catch me out with technicalities.

truejedi
Mace woulda killed sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.